Friday Favorites Makeup Makeup Products Products

Friday – Fall – Favorites!

I am totally polarized on my lipstick love right now. I want it either completely nude, blood red or dark black cherry. NOTHING in between:)
I’m also diggin’ warm golds,  deep browns & currants for the eyes.
And after a long lived “I don’t really care for it on me” attitude about winged liner…I’m starting to really want to wear it, like everyday.

All the best picks!

1. Vampira
I’m loving the dark dark lips but when they go into brown or purple territory I don’t like them nearly as much. This one stays right where I want it in a deep sexy burgundy.

2. Helbent
I’ve been craving dark reds because I think they are easier to pull off somehow than bright reds and they also make blue or green eyes look crazy bright! Kat Von D is a complete PRO at doing dark gorgeous lip colors.

3. Milani Bella Copper
The shimmer pay off on these is incredible and this color is my favorite.

4. Black Currant HD Blush
Obsessed with this color. It’s gorgeous for fall and so unique.

5. Rust Jumbo Eye Pencil
These pencils make eye shadow such a breeze and the rusty purple is amazing.

6. Tattoo Liquid Liner
I used to think every liquid liner was the same but I’ve gotten reeeaaaally picky about them in my old age! I want one that is pure black (no gray please) not flaky, doesn’t dry out fast and a tip that doesn’t get frayed or drippy. Luckily this little nugget is all of the above. Total godsend.

7. Hollywood
Photos do not do this shimmery gold justice! It is absolutely stunning! The shimmer makes the wearing of such a nude color so much more do-able.

8Apricot Fantasy
So happy I found this beauty. It’s got just the right amount of peachy tones to off set the skin and look radiant!

9. Black Cherry
This vampy lip is quickly becoming quite the cult color!

10. Monarch Eyeshadow Palette
I’ve been searching for the perfect fall palette and this one has everything I’m looking for! Golds, coppers and intense browns! Plus the pigment and overall shadow quality is perfection.

I hope you have a spectacular weekend!

signature

Thank you so much Sephora for sponsoring this post!

50 Comments

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    October 17, 2014 at 12:23 am

I want that eyeshadow palette so bad! Have a great weekend 🙂

October 17, 2014 at 9:21 am

Thanks gorgeous!! You too!

R Liz
    October 17, 2014 at 2:43 am

Oooh that black currant blush is stunning and in my Sephora shopping cart right this minute! I’ve been looking for a fall/winter blush that’s a little more intense and vampy, so thanks for the suggestion!

October 17, 2014 at 7:29 am

You bet! <3

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    October 17, 2014 at 3:38 am

Ooh, that NYX pencil looks like it would work well for me. I want to do the warm fall colors but I tend to look better in cool colors.

October 17, 2014 at 7:29 am

Yes I can totally see that! It’s funny cause most red heads gravitate toward warmth but the contrast of cool is gawgess!

heatherreilly
    October 17, 2014 at 3:54 am

i love your blog! really the only beauty blog i read regularly…so I have a little request. as a cancer survivor (i was young, skinny vegetarian with no family history of colon cancer) i try to use only chemical free makeup (because i have no idea why i got cancer and now just try to live as clean as possible). if you ever come across any chemical/cruelty free makeup that you really like, would you please feature it from time to time? that black current lipstick is stunning, but i cannot bring myself to use it knowing what is in it 🙁 thank you!

October 17, 2014 at 7:28 am

Thank you heather! I will definitely look for some good ones, that’s about the best reason I can imagine! Wishing you all the health and happiness as well:)

Jessica Pierson
    October 17, 2014 at 4:26 am

I’d love to see you do your eye make up with that palette! Its a gorgeous palette, I am still mastering the art of eye shadow but I’m getting a LOT better. The outer V thing still doesn’t look right on me, but I’m getting pretty good at the window wiper one, and with the right layering I can get it to look pretty cool!

Anyways, as always love your blog and hope you’re enjoying being a mommy of two!

October 17, 2014 at 7:25 am

I for sure will! And hey the outer v might just not be your thing? Don’t stress it! Thank you so much! I really am:)

Jessica
    October 17, 2014 at 4:58 am

i love everything for the fall makeup!! i love dark red lipsticks and I think they are the only red that fits me!! great post!

October 17, 2014 at 7:24 am

Thanks Jessica!

Heidi D.
    October 17, 2014 at 5:35 am

That palette is so gorgeous!

Heidi D.

October 17, 2014 at 7:24 am

Isn’t it lovely!?

denise
    October 17, 2014 at 5:44 am

Great picks! Do you have any photos of yourself wearing that MUFE blush? I’ve been looking for a great fall blush and this one just might be it! Thanks!

October 17, 2014 at 7:24 am

Thank you! I don’t yet but I’ll take one this weekend !

broersen1artiea
    October 17, 2014 at 5:54 am

Beauymede

Jessica
    October 17, 2014 at 6:08 am

I love these Friday favorites. I really hope we get to see some tutorials and looks with these products!!! I like the NYX eye shadow sticks but I never know what to do with products like that. The Studded Kiss lipsticks are so amazing. I have been wearing Bachelorette and it is amazing and so far out of my comfort zone 🙂

October 17, 2014 at 7:23 am

Thank you! And yes! Tutorials in the works!!

Maryanne
        October 21, 2014 at 3:39 am

Yeah! I have the KVD palette and would love a tutorial on it. I went to Sephora videos and KatVanD had a tutorial. It was a little much for me. I like your style of make-up better!

Jasmin
    October 17, 2014 at 6:45 am

Love them all. Too gorgeous 🙂 Well, your first 2 favorites are already on my collection though the collector isn’t me 😉 Actually, all of our 4 sisters are crazy for makeup so my mom bought us a set of Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick from here http://www.trend-labs.com/i/B00O2TMO7M at only $49.08 :p

October 17, 2014 at 7:22 am

What!!! Lucky! Now I want it too… 🙂

meganmarie013
    October 17, 2014 at 6:48 am

Great favorites list! I love that black cherry lipstick. So pretty and fall-ish!

October 17, 2014 at 7:22 am

Thank you! I love great drugstore finds;)

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    October 17, 2014 at 6:50 am

I need those lipstick colors!!!

October 17, 2014 at 7:21 am

You really do! They are stunning!!!

Rebecca
    October 17, 2014 at 10:23 am

Oh so many fun things for fall.
    Also, I’m pretty sure I saw you at Target this morning and now i feel like a weirdo cause I just kept looking at you. Ha! So i from the weird lady with four kids in tow staring at you in Target this morning!

Rebecca
      October 17, 2014 at 10:26 am

(proof reading, ack!) So, HI, not I.

October 17, 2014 at 11:56 am

Oh my gosh! I was staring at you cause you and your kids are so dang beautiful!! And I was sitting there wondering how your kids are so well behaved! Ps I’m sorry I looked so homeless! I’m a teensy bit sleep deprived today;)

Rebecca
        October 17, 2014 at 5:56 pm

You are so sweet but I can’t claim them all, two belong to a friend. HA! You did NOT look homeless! I have my fair share of sleepless nights, it’s just part of those sweet (exhausting), precious babies!

wine and lipstick
    October 17, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Thank you so much for this! I was looking for fall colors but wash’t sure what to buy, now I do! Thank you, love your blog.

xoxo
    xwineandlipstick.blogspot.com

Boni
    October 17, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Oh my gosh I HAVE to have that Hellbent lipstick and the Black Currant blush! Thank you for posting these gorgeous items! 🙂

Janna
    October 17, 2014 at 2:25 pm

This might sound dumb but how do you sharpen the jumbo eye pencil (#5)?? I like those pencils but I can’t find a sharpener for them.

Maryanne
    October 17, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Can you please do a tutorial with the eye shadow palette? It is one of my favorites but not sure what to do with it. Thanks.

Paige
    October 17, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I am loving all of these products!

Jacy Michele
    October 18, 2014 at 12:40 am

These colors look great…I especially like the Black Cherry lip color!

Brandy
    October 18, 2014 at 4:31 am

Hi,
    I am so glad I found your blog. You are absolutely stunning and give great makeup and hair advice. It’s been so nice to find someone that is so talented. I am a huge makeup buff and you are the only one I watch. Congrats on being a mom again! I know you are super busy with two kiddos, but I would absolutely love a video tutorial using these vamp colors you just posted. It is an area I would love some tips on. The colors and products you posted are gorgeous and would really love to see how you would wear them.
    Have a good weekend!

Boni
    October 18, 2014 at 11:30 am

I would love to go to Sephora to pick up that Hellbent lipstick and blush today! That would be a great birthday gift, today is my birthday. Aaaaaaaaaah I really want to make a birthday trip over there! 🙂

Amanda
    October 19, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Hey Cara-
    I just wanted to tell you how much i love your blog! It is truly the best beauty blog out there. I love how real you are and how you work with high and low make-up. That’s all the fun! I pretty much don’t think twice now, when you suggest something (such as the Maybelline color whispers) I go straight to get it. (PS i love petal rebel!!). I recently picked up the Milani colors in bronze, copper, and black and their pigment is beautiful! I would have never thought of that so thank you for suggesting. I thought you might like the Maybelline-super stay 14 lipstick in Timeless Crimson is the BEST fall red, not too vampy but absolutely gorgeous. Since there are so many options I thought I’d share.

Kristine
    October 19, 2014 at 2:24 pm

I picked up the Revlon Black Cherry lippy! It is beautiful! Thank you for all of the great reommendations!
    (ANd your new baby is soooooo cute! COngrats!)

Rach Reviews
    October 20, 2014 at 11:51 am

That blush looks amazing! 🙂

Rebecca @ Hello Creative Blog
    October 20, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Great fall color choices!!

allison
    October 20, 2014 at 3:48 pm

A fall giveaway would be so fun!

Cassie
    October 22, 2014 at 10:38 pm

I would love to see a video on the best way to do winged eye liner. Subtle winged eyeliner would be great. I always screw it up then end up just wiping it off. 🙂 I <3 your blog!

Lizzie
    October 23, 2014 at 5:18 am

That eyeshadow palette is just gorgeous…and I just might need to invest in Revlon’s Black Cherry!! Such a perfect colour for this season!

Lizzie // xBeautyMagic

Chloe
    October 23, 2014 at 11:23 am

I’d love to try the Kat VD cosmetics, those lipshades look gorgeous!

Lauren Clemons
    October 23, 2014 at 2:33 pm

I’m going to stop by Sephora and try on the black currant blush to see if it works with my skin tone! I was wondering which blush color would work best with a black cherry lipstick! Thanks, girl!

KP
    October 25, 2014 at 12:08 pm

What lipliner do you suggest with helbent? Also, which lipliner for the baby lips product you recommended in the other post? I have thin lips so must use a liner. Also, thanks for taking the time to give so much information. You have taught me a ton and I feel a lot more confident about my makeup these days, thanks to you.

Boni
    October 25, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Hi Cara! I was watching QVC yesterday and Mally Beauty was on. She has this great lip pencil called Mally Lip Magnifier Pencil. Mally says that this Lip Magnifier Pencil will never transfer onto your teeth or settle into fine lines for women who have that issue. I always seem to get lipstick on my teeth a lot, which is why I use lip gloss more often because it doesn’t transfer to my teeth as much as lipstick does. Mally says this Lip Magnifier Pencil is for the woman you know who always has lipstick on her teeth. I REALLY want to try this! I am intrigued and stoked to buy it and try it out. I would love to feel confident knowing that when I’m talking to someone that my lip color won’t end up on my teeth and embarrass me. Because it’s ALWAYS embarrassing when your lip color is all over your teeth and you’re oblivious to it and smiling like a fool. 😉 I don’t know if you already know about this Lip Magnifier Pencil from Mally Beauty or not, but I surely wanted to mention it to you and to all of your wonderful readers! I think this is a total must-have product! So be sure to check it out, beautiful ladies!

anybunny.mobi/latest/