Before & Afters Makeup

My Best yet.

I gotta be honest and tell you that I’ve really struggled with my video makeovers.
It’s difficult to give the camera a good view and still see what you’re doing without getting in the way and I always feel rushed when I’m filming them because I don’t want the video to be too long, but the biggest reason I think was because my very favorite part about doing makeovers is being able to hang out and chat with my makeover-ee! When I was filming I felt like we had to be silent so it wouldn’t mess the movie up and it really took the fun out of it for me.

SO this time I just decided to chat and have fun like I usually do and if it ruined the video, so what, I’d just make another. When I loaded it on my computer for editing I was so thrilled. I don’t think it screwed it up at all, in fact this is my very favorite filmed makeover yet!

It was such a good reminder to me that if you aren’t finding joy in your work it’s going to suffer. The joy shows through! And whether you like it or not so does the lack there of…

It also doesn’t hurt that I had Jamie to work with. She is disgustingly pretty:)

What I used:

IIID Foundation in Sunlit, Stone & Shadow
IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette (Soft Light)
Anastasia DipBrow in Ebony & IT Cosmetics Liner Brush
YSL Shocking Mascara
OCC Lip Liner in Sebastian
OCC Lip Tar in Ophelia
Dolce & Gabbana Lip Color in Bonbon
Lash Comb is old but this is the same brand’s newer version:)
Dual Eyeshadow Brush

I hope you guys like this and didn’t mind the chatting you can see going on:)

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    October 8, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Love it, so pretty!

October 8, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Doesn’t even look like the same person! What a fantastic job you did!!

October 8, 2014 at 2:57 pm

I’m loving these more natural looks that you’re doing!

Angie Smith
      October 8, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I agree! And this one is amazing. She is beyond beautiful!!

October 8, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Wow! Great job!! I really like the light makeup / fresh face look. If you’re ever in Illinois, I would love a make over from you! 🙂

Brittany Butkiewicz
      October 8, 2014 at 5:27 pm

I second that in IL let me know I want one too!

October 8, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Wow! You did an amazing job. I love your blog!! When highlighting, do you use concealer only, no foundation? I’m nervous that if I did that I wouldn’t look even since I have a lot of red undertones.

October 9, 2014 at 6:00 pm

I usually do, sometimes if the skin needs extra evening out I used a tinted moisture to begin!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    October 8, 2014 at 3:17 pm

I love this! It is so helpful to see how you use the IIID foundation because while I love mine, I am still learning how to use it 🙂

October 8, 2014 at 3:26 pm

She is insanely gorgeous!

October 8, 2014 at 3:29 pm

She is a freakin supermodel!! She reminds me of Stana Katic from Castle. Completely gorgeous.

October 9, 2014 at 7:13 am

That’s funny–I thought of Stana Katic too when I saw her photo. She’s gorgeous and I love the “after” look here.

October 8, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Yup! I have to agree, you’re best that I’ve seen so far! Your contouring is amazing.

Hope Remick
    October 8, 2014 at 3:33 pm

She is seriously beautiful and you brought it out amazingly! Great job!

October 8, 2014 at 3:47 pm

i cant even get over how much i love this cara! and when when when can i get that highlighter/concealer? i need it so bad!! 🙂 PS love you!

October 9, 2014 at 6:01 pm

SO soon! I can’t even wait!!

October 8, 2014 at 3:59 pm

how did you make her nose so different?! it looks like she got a nose job!

October 9, 2014 at 6:02 pm

HAC baby! It can do crazy things!

October 8, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Thump! That is my jaw hitting the table. This is you working your magic at its best. I can’t believe the light makeup you did and the major effect!!! Wow! Would love to see how you curled her hair especially those front pieces. Truly jaw dropping. Thank you for making videos and this was quick and loved your detailed explanations like line close to lashes.

October 8, 2014 at 4:21 pm

the nose…how?! I have a very similar shaped nose, and although I love it because it’s mine (duh) and because I see myself in my dad who I inherited it from, I would love to be able to contour it like this when I choose to. Would love more in depth tutorials on that, you did such an awesome job – she is beautiful before and after!

October 8, 2014 at 4:29 pm

The HAC on her nose is un-b-liev-A-ble. I mean, you gave her a NOSE JOB! What I wonder is from the side views in the video, the contouring is visibly noticeable. These looks photograph spectacularly, but how do they look close up? I really would like to see angles besides straight on to see how truly natural this looks. You work miracles, but I’ve yet to see anyone in real life not look like a Talking Tina doll with even expertly blended highlighter & concealer. Congrats on your new little guy 🙂

JuliaBobbin (@JuliaBobbin)
    October 8, 2014 at 4:34 pm

WHAT a BABE! Wowsers!

October 8, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Hi Cara! This is incredibly gorgeous work. I am so inspired – I love that you used just a few products and really brought out her natural beauty! Did you use two types of IT cosmetics brushes on the eyes? It looked like there was one for the eyebrows and one for the liner… I would love to know which ones they are. Also, what’s the brush you used for the highlighting concealer? It looks like a great little brush. Thank you so much. <3

October 9, 2014 at 8:29 am

Yes, what brush did you use for the highlight? I need it!

Tracy Davis
    October 8, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Can you give us some info/a link to where we can buy a metal lash comb like the one you used in this video? Thanks!

October 8, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Her lips have such a beautiful natural color and you emphasized them in such a natural, flattering way. Her nose contour looks amaaazing – kind of wish more of it had been featured in this video. You are my makeup inspiration!

Heidi D.
    October 8, 2014 at 5:17 pm

This is un-freaking-believable! Can’t wait for the new IIID products!!!

Heidi D.

October 8, 2014 at 5:21 pm

It’s so interesting that you put the highlighter on the chin and cheeks and middle of the forehead! I thought that’s where you are supposed to put bronzer! She looks stunning.

October 9, 2014 at 6:06 am

look at where the light hits naturally in photos, in the center. you add highlighter there. shadow/countour is reserved for the sides or something that you want to have recede. her work is phenomenal because she follows the natural rules of lighting. that’s how she’s made the nose look sooooo different, she sculpted it with light and shadow.

laura rocke
    October 8, 2014 at 5:55 pm

You did a great job contouring her nose!

October 8, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I love how just some light makeup and a couple of simple tweaks looks so elegant! This really is your best yet!

October 8, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Oh my! Stunning! I cannot wait for the new colors.

October 8, 2014 at 6:13 pm

She’s a stunner! GORGEOUS! Love, love, love te make-up!

October 8, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Great job! 🙂

October 8, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Love it! What is the milk chocolate bronzer you use at the end? I didn’t see it on the list.

October 9, 2014 at 6:56 am

It’s Too Faced Milk Chocolate bronzer.

Sarah C
    October 8, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Oh my life. This is incredible. I love how it just amplifies how pretty she already is- just what makeup should do. I love it. If you ever need another person to makeover in SG, look no further 😉

October 8, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Wow! That looks amazing! She is a natural beauty, but you enhanced her beauty even more! I cannot get over how much contouring makes a difference. It’s a game changer with my makeup routine!

October 8, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Great job! She looks amazing! What did you use to contour her nose? That part wasn’t shown in the video.

October 8, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Amazing! ! I agree with the other commenters – it would be great to have more details on the nose contouring. What you did made such a difference! I have a wide nose and bridge, and it just always ends up looking like a brown stripe. Please save us Cara!:)

October 8, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Oh my god. Her eyelashes…I can’t even. Great job cara!

October 8, 2014 at 9:16 pm

I love the fact that’s she’s chatting with you in the video, it means we get to see her face make a whole range of expressions and it’s great to see her smile and laugh – THAT’S where her true beauty comes from! Oh, and of course you did a great job of highlighting it!

October 8, 2014 at 10:17 pm

The Before is pretty. The after is…smashing!! Fandabadousy Cara!!
    I struggle so hard to learn how to hac my nose.

October 8, 2014 at 11:00 pm

AMAZING! I hope everyone takes notes of the subtle changes in her Before and After still shots. Note how the Before shot is straight on, but in the After shot her head is tilted down slightly and/or she’s being shot from slightly above (evidence, you can see more of the top of her head). This is not trickery, it’s a great tip that can’t be emphasized enough! There are subtle changes you can make to make yourself look better in photos, even if we don’t look like supermodels or have Cara around. I still cannot get over how amazing this makeover is.

October 8, 2014 at 11:14 pm

I wish we could have seen the hair tutorial too!

Heather Hammel
    October 9, 2014 at 1:55 am

You did an AMAZING job! You can even tell the difference in confidence between the before and after pictures.

October 9, 2014 at 2:00 am

love this!

October 9, 2014 at 2:23 am

that nose contour was transformative. excellent work.

Dani Fagan
    October 9, 2014 at 2:26 am

W.O.W!!!!!! Jaw droppingly gorgeous, her eyes are so much more framed with the brows they literally draw you in. Awesome job, beautiful girl xx

October 9, 2014 at 2:31 am

You are soooo talented! She looks flawless! Great job!

October 9, 2014 at 2:38 am

please please please do my makeup!!!! this is my favorite makeover yet. she went from being beautiful to dropdead gorgeous. love the hair. stunning, Cara!

Lila Syren
    October 9, 2014 at 2:45 am

Wau, amazing, she must be happy about the makeover:)

October 9, 2014 at 4:09 am

Cara, the biggest difference in the before and after is the nose contour. I need to learn how to do this, but you didn’t talk about it in the tutorial. Can you help all of us with how you did it and what you used?

October 9, 2014 at 4:45 am

Wow!!!! Just wow. Amazing. What a beautiful girl, and you really enhanced her natural beauty!

October 9, 2014 at 5:00 am

OMG! I’m just in love with your makeup art. It’s too gorgeous though simple and she is tremendously beautiful 🙂 BTW, I use a makeup kit of SHANY that contains everything I need to do my makeup. I’m really happy to own it 🙂

Miss Happinez
    October 9, 2014 at 5:08 am

Wauw, so pretty!

October 9, 2014 at 5:39 am

You’re ridiculously talented. I am obsessed with this make over and you!!

October 9, 2014 at 6:03 am

She has a doppelganger. She looks so much like my daughter its down right eerie! I sent this to her and told her if she had a brunette sister this would be her! Beautiful makeup! So natural!

October 9, 2014 at 7:15 am

Cara, she looks amazing! You must show us much more sllllooooowwwwwlllly how exactly you did her nose. Mine is exactly like hers, and I would love to contour it down like that, but I have not been able to. Pretty please?!?

Hope Howland (@HHDesigns)
    October 9, 2014 at 7:46 am

This is crazy amazing.. well done!

Ashley H
    October 9, 2014 at 8:29 am

Love love LOVE this makeover! It’s so subtle, but gorgeous. I didn’t think that the chatting took away from the video at all. I love being able to see the makeover video!

Lauren @ She Tries It
    October 9, 2014 at 8:35 am

WOWZA! Stunning makeover – your best one yet!

October 9, 2014 at 9:15 am

She is sooooo pretty and you totally nailed that makeover! Beautiful. Also, I like this video format! Glad you’re having so much fun doing what you do Cara!

October 9, 2014 at 11:52 am

This makeover is insane to me! She looks incredible! Come do me please 😉

October 9, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Stunning makeover as always! Just wish i could get my hands on your IIID foundation in the uk 🙁 x

liz @ btb on etsy
    October 9, 2014 at 12:58 pm

October 9, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Please, please do the nose and hair tutorial for this vid! Simply Beautiful!

October 9, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Absolutely gorgeous!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Sabina Bunnett
    October 9, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Brooke Shields impersonator!! Amazing

Emily Shea
    October 9, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Thats so funny, I totally thought this was you on first glance! The after photo of Jamie looks a lot like your sidebar photo on your blog. 🙂 I love makeovers that are really just so subtle but make the biggest difference. She looks so beautiful! Excellent job!

October 10, 2014 at 5:26 am

I’ve never commented before but just had to today…..she is stunning! Does she have any idea how gorgeous she is?

October 10, 2014 at 6:19 am

This is lovely! I always look forward to seeing your makeover videos. This girl has such glowing skin! I’ve always had such a rough complexion (my acne began at age 12) that I have lots of scarring and breakouts. I would love to see you do a makeover on someone who has a similar problem.

October 10, 2014 at 6:30 am

Stunning makeover!! What lashes are you wearing in this video?

Chic Readings
    October 10, 2014 at 6:48 am

Looks great, I love makeovers:)

October 10, 2014 at 9:21 am

You have completely outdone yourself! The after elongates her gorgeous face and her nose is perfection. I’m going home to wash my face and do this right now.

October 10, 2014 at 10:37 am

Cara is a genius! The HACing on the nose is perfect and I love the soft natural look you gave her.

October 10, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Great video. What a gorgeous look! Glad you decided to talk during filming – like you said, if you aren’t having fun, the quality suffers ! This is great.

Saturday Snaps - Vintage Revivals
    October 11, 2014 at 4:47 am

[…] weekly newsletter!)  She came to St. George about a month ago and of course she had to have a Maskcara makeover!  We all know that Cara is massively talented, but HOLY CRAP she is a super model […]

October 11, 2014 at 5:00 am

WOW! She looks kinda like Brooke Shields now 🙂 Amazing work.

October 11, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Cara, wow you are talented!

October 11, 2014 at 3:40 pm

What is the highlighting concealer you used?????

October 13, 2014 at 4:57 am

I am with the others who would love a more in depth tutorial on how you did her nose. I have a big nose too and always struggle on how to make it look slimmer with makeup.

October 13, 2014 at 8:35 am

Is it crazy that I never thought of combing my lashes ‘after’ applying mascara to get those clumps out??? That is such a great trick to avoid those stick messes. I love this transformation video. It’s so simple and stunning. You’re magic, Cara! 😀

Sara T
    October 13, 2014 at 9:53 am

What a change! She is beautiful in both pictures! I hope she knows that! 🙂

Mary Kay
    October 13, 2014 at 11:14 am

What brush did you use for the concealer/highlighter? She looks gorgeous!

October 13, 2014 at 3:41 pm

She’s an absolutely beautiful girl in both photos. The makeover is gorgeous. I wish I could hac my nose similarly. Either I feel like it’s noticeable or I blend to the point where it’s all gone. A tutorial focusing on the nose would be awesome!

October 14, 2014 at 2:19 pm

She is gorgeous! Great job on this one Cara!

October 14, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Hi Cara!

I obviously love all of your tutorials, as they’re informational and you’re a doll to watch! That being said, this was a liiiitle heavy on the nose contouring, just because you could see it so visibly in the video (e.g., if I saw her in person it would be obvious that she was trying to contour her nose, as there are stripes down her nose). It does photograph well, which is great, but how do you make sure that it actually looks “natural” in person? Would it be better to contour with powder? What are the pros & cons of that? I’m so confused because I normally adore everything you do, but I did want to give you that bit of constructive feedback.

So sorry to be a downer. Again, you are fabulous!!! 🙂

October 15, 2014 at 6:15 am

I love the highlight you used on her cheeks and forehead! It made such a difference in her complexion. Where can I find that stuff?! 🙂

October 15, 2014 at 3:02 pm

This is INCREDIBLE. What brush did you use for the highlighting?

October 16, 2014 at 9:54 am

This makeup job is so beautiful! I especially love the eyeshadow…what kind and color is it? I didn’t see it in your list of products above.

Stephanie Strougal
    October 22, 2014 at 4:09 am

SUCH a great video!! If you ever come to Chicago or I ever come to you I am going to try so hard to set up an appointment… I just love what you do and you seem like such a blast! And I absolutely love that we share the same vocab.. you’re the first person besides myself that I’ve heard say “disgustingly pretty” 🙂

Cookies and Cups Let's Do Friday! - Cookies and Cups
    November 7, 2014 at 3:48 am

[…] onto things I am not loving…I recently watched THIS make up tutorial because OMG TRANSFORMATION!! Anyhow, I decided I needed all the things. Like I […]

Michelle Segura (@SeguraSegura9)
    November 7, 2014 at 7:51 am

Any chance of getting a nose contouring video!? I too have a wide nose and need all the help I can get. AMAZING TUTORIAL. She was already beautiful, and you gave her an alternative natural look. Love it!

November 7, 2014 at 11:41 am

This is incredible! Love it. And i second the nose part… need to learn to do this!

December 19, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I can barely deal with how effortless and natural it all ended up. Love the video, and her natural beauty that you highlighted.

HAC Attack!
    January 12, 2015 at 11:05 am

[…] (Makeover on our very own Jamie with 3D Foundation) […]

HAC Attack! | Interior Design Blogs
    January 12, 2015 at 11:22 am

[…] (Makeover on our very own Jamie with 3D Foundation) […]

February 28, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Where is the video? It’s not showing on my iPad. Beautiful look, tho! This is what I strive for, and my husband loves the more natural look. I ordered my own HAC pack, and can’t wait to use it.

March 13, 2015 at 11:11 am

hi cara, my gosh I just discovered you!! absolutely incredible 🙂 … I’m so excited to pour through your blog this weekend. also, what eye shadow did you use on Jamie? I thought you said on the video that you used a light taupe color, but I didn’t see it in the IT shadow palette … or, if it is in that palette, which shadow did you use? thank you so much!!

May 25, 2015 at 4:58 pm

I just found your blog and I’m working my way through your stuff. Your makeovers are my favorite kind of posts 🙂 you bring out the best features in all your clients (?). I’m certainly a believer innhighlighter now! It’s amazing what a difference it can make!!

Let's Do Friday! - Cookies and Cups