Celebrity Looks Hair Hair Tutorials My Favorites Popular Tips & Tricks

Worlds coolest curls

The. Coolest. Curling Technique. Ever.

Do I ramble in this video? Yeah, I do.

Don’t judge.
I have a serious condition where my brain completely passes out and the rest of me is still AWAKE ….standing there…looking like a deer in headlights.

There are at least 3 occasions when this happens:

1. When I am introducing someone.
I don’t care if I have known you since I was a fetus. My brain will go completely blank. I have introduction anxiety in the worst way.
I completely forget everything I know.
Seriously though, I KNOW YOUR NAME.

2. When someone asks me a question I know I am supposed to lie about (i.e. Does yellow look good on me? Should I have written that on my Facebook status? Do you know how fast you were going?)  I can’t lie. I can’t hurt feelings. Instead, I will ramble incoherently.

3. When I get in front of the camera. I really do have a point. It just takes twice the time to get there when even simple one syllable words escape my brain…lucky for you guys I cut out most babbling in this video.

Prettiest hair curling technique

October 1, 2014 at 9:48 pm

I love it and I remember seeing it before and wanting to try it but I never did. However I love your ramblings and am sad you took them away! Can we get also the link to the full lenght version?

October 2, 2014 at 12:42 am

Damn you´re Beautiful woman!!

October 2, 2014 at 2:29 am

I follow you not only because I learn a lot, but because you are authentic and genuine. Your humility and honesty come through your videos. The gift of creativity can come with a holistic way of seeing things which can feel like a lack of focus. But that is part of the gift! That is part of the reason you are a makeup artist and stylist and not a mechanical engineer.

Rachel P.
    October 2, 2014 at 3:41 am

i just saw a photo of rosie hw on pinterest and she had her hair like this- i was thinking “must try!”. i’ve seen this tutorial of yours before, i guess now is the time to dust it off and give it another go!

October 2, 2014 at 4:04 am

My hair is finally long enough to try this and I love the twisting idea. I’m definitely going to do this for date night!

Holly McLoughlin
    October 2, 2014 at 4:33 am

I love this! I’m definitely trying this next time I curl my hair 🙂 x

October 2, 2014 at 7:09 am

You had me laughing so hard on this tutorial… love the ramblings. So I have been following your blog for over a year now and have never left a comment, because I feel like everyone else says what I would have. But I wanted to let you know from me, that you are beautiful from the inside out, and thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful knowledge for free! I feel more beautiful and confident as a woman after reading your blog, and I had the best family pictures I have ever taken thanks to your posts. Congrats on your tiny angel, I am expecting my third in March and seeing yours gets me so excited. Once again thank you for this awesome blog it has been a life changer 🙂

Cari Jane
    October 2, 2014 at 8:07 am

Your makeup is gorgeous in this video! I really like the dark hair color on you too.

October 2, 2014 at 9:10 am

You seem to tell us everything so I hope you don’t mind me asking, did you have your lips done? They look amazing.

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    October 2, 2014 at 9:18 am

Once again you are making me want to dye my hair dark! Amazing hair and awesome tutorial! Love that you are reposting some of these oldies!!!

October 2, 2014 at 11:07 am

You are soo pretty

October 2, 2014 at 12:08 pm

what is your condition as it sound like me, but doctors here don’t take me seriously. and you look amazing I wish you was in the uk I could do with your makeover on me.

October 2, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Cara, Do you have your laced hair in ? It looks awesome

October 2, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Thanks Cara!! You’re amazing and have such a genuine personality!

Cristin C.
    October 2, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Looooove this full, voluminous look! I have a couple questions. 1) Do you have your extensions in for this look? 2) Is there a reason you shouldn’t section off your hair to do this?

Trisha Abbey
    October 2, 2014 at 4:15 pm

How to you get your hair that darn shiny?!? Please give me your product secrets.

October 2, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Hi Cara, i would love to do this but the first & last time i tried to curl my hair i burnt a chunk of hair off using the exact iron you’re using! i made sure not to have it on super high heat because i have medium/fine-ish hair but i was finding that my hair wasn’t holding the curl…. now i’m scared for life!! your hair looks fab, help!

Kiss & Make-up
    October 3, 2014 at 12:02 am

Your beauty is out of this world! *gasps in awe* As for the technique, I think I might give it a go! I doubt I’ll look as glamorous as you do though.

October 3, 2014 at 3:10 am

Gorgeous! Just want to say I don’t usually comment because its hard to do on my phone (which is where I usually read all my blogs) but am on a regular computer today. I love your style and your attitude about life in general. And I love seeing beauty tips for someone with long dark hair like myself. Thanks for all your hard work!

October 3, 2014 at 5:37 am

You are so freaking gorgeous! Inside and out! I love love love your tutorials!

October 3, 2014 at 5:19 pm

That video is awesome, I don’t know how I had never seen it before!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Friday Link Love, Vol. 51
    October 4, 2014 at 1:39 am

[…] different curling technique using a 1 1/4-in curling iron.  Ladies and gents, please welcome the TWIRL CURL. […]

October 4, 2014 at 8:09 am

Woowww! Can’t wait to try this on 🙂 I bought a dark brown long wig from here http://www.trend-labs.com/i/B008GR4L18 last week. I’m just crazy for such gorgeous stuffs 😉

October 4, 2014 at 8:17 am

So pretty! No worries your rambling makes me laugh ;D
    Check out my blog sometime

October 4, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Love your makeup in this video! Can you do a video for the makeup?

October 5, 2014 at 7:23 am

Make up tutorial please! It looks great and would love to know the how to on it. Also, what camera are you using? Thanks! XOXOXOXO

Cathy B. (@fulltimemamom)
    October 5, 2014 at 9:19 am

Mine turned out flat, I’ll have to try this again on my hair when it’s dirty. I think that it will work best on second or third day hair. I washed my hair last night and then tried the twirl curl today, and I think that my hair is too smooth. 🙂 I love the technique though, thanks for sharing! I will keep practicing. 😀

Vanessa B.
    October 5, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I want to kiss your feet!!! I am doing bridal hair in a couple weeks and was planning on doing my favorite wrap technique but I will not be using the twirl forever!!!

October 6, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Would love to see a makeup tutorial on this look

Emily Shea
    October 7, 2014 at 9:29 am

You look so beautiful in this! That makeup is perfection.

October 8, 2014 at 11:40 am

Your hair is just BEAUTIFUL! Really dark and glossy

Emma | The Fashion Six

October 9, 2014 at 7:56 am

Ok, so, I’m here to let you, & everyone else know that this technique is MAGIC. I say this because I have thick, shoulder length, relaxed afro hair, & while I can get a decent blow out just fine, I’ve struggled to find a curling method that gave me long lasting results (after reading your (re)post on all the possible reasons why one might have issues with curling, I was determined to go on a case study & discover where exactly I was going wrong).

Anyway, before I got around to doing that, just the other day I wanted to curl my hair for a night out, & thought I’d give this method a try. I wasn’t all that excited, because 1. I didn’t think my hair would hold the twirling as well as yours did (because of my hair type) & 2. I still hadn’t done any homework to try & figure out where I was going wrong, so I didn’t have much hope of these curls staying put for very long. How wrong I was! Not only did they last all night long, & the next day too (they’d have looked even better if I had bothered taking care of them a bit before I slept), but I had an insane amount of volume; almost more than I had wished to have, but really, is there such a thing as *too much* volume?!

Anyway, I’ll stop rambling about this now. Just wanted to let you know that this worked on someone with typically afro-type hair that’s always been relaxed. I personally find that it’s sometimes difficult to know exactly what methods and hair styling techniques I should follow because my hair is obviously so very different from yours (but I refuse to stop following your blog because you really are just so honest & make me feel like you genuinely care about sharing beauty advice with all sorts of people), & so if there are any readers there who can relate to my hair type, I thought it would be useful to share my experience.

Ok, NOW I will stop rambling.

December 6, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Would this work with a smaller iron? I only have a 1″ barrel currently working.

Ashley Gaskin
    March 12, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Just found you on Instagram last week and I honestly think I have watched all your videos and read your blog. I love it all! You hane been so helpful in so many ways already! Can’t wait to keep following you! You are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for teaching and being so patient when you teach on your videos! Love it all! ❤️ My Instagram name is @ashhendersongaskin34 if you see me like some pics.

August 4, 2015 at 10:53 am

L.O.V.E. this makeup. Tutorial please!!!!!!!!!!! (I have small brown/asianish eyes. Can this look still work?)