Celebrity Looks Hair Hair Tutorials Popular Tutorials

A major hair favorite

When I first posted this I told Nick I wished someone would pin it on Pinterest because it’s a really cool technique and I thought pinning your own stuff might be inappropriate or something. Nick thought that was silly and said “pin it yourself!” So I quickly pinned it and then went to bed soon after. The next day my phone was dead all day and I was out and about with Christian, when I finally got home I plugged it in and my phone was going nuts with notifications and emails. When I loaded my site I had gotten over 150 thousand hits on the blog since the night before when I was used to getting maybe 500 on a good day, it was such an exciting day and it’s still one of my very favorite posts and probably my very favorite hairstyles (when I have the time!)

Ok so after I saw the VS fashion show this year, of course, I started stalking youtube for BACKSTAGE clips. I saw that they used this technique on the models hair and I tried and LOVED it. Then… whilst searching for some inspiration I ran across a photo of Miss Marisa Miller. Her hair looks incredible. After some experimenting I realized the same technique was used to create her look. I am telling you I am obsessed with this hair right now! The volume is unreal.

I am not super excited about being in a photo next to her gorgeousness so..please be kind and focus on the hair…

Using the right products is IMPERATIVE for the tutorial! I had so many questions from people who couldn’t get it exactly right and it was almost always product related, so keep that in mind:)

1 1/4 Curling Iron
Paul Mitchel Cream Gel

Brittany Ruth
    September 28, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Wow, I never even thought to do curls like that. I actually have a three barrel waver but they create much smaller waves and this looks way better.

Kiss & Make-up
    September 29, 2014 at 1:07 am

LOVE this hairstyle and LOVE this type of curls! <3 I don't think I'll ever have waves like this though… My hair refuses to hold curl.

September 29, 2014 at 2:23 am

I love your blog! Thanks for keeping us inspired. This is a great post! Keep writing. It’s always a pleasure to read about wiser and more experienced blogger! Thank you

September 29, 2014 at 2:35 am

Love!!! What gel type cream did you use in the beginning of the video?

September 29, 2014 at 8:07 am

YES! What type of styling gel did you use? You didn’t say, or either it got cut off. Also, what size barrel should I use for collar bone length hair that is normal to fine?

September 29, 2014 at 3:07 am

This is how I discovered your blog! Love it! Now, I’m a daily reader and Maskcara makeup line purchaser!

September 29, 2014 at 3:19 am

This post was how I first discovered your blog. My husband is in love with Marissa Miller and I’ve always loved her hair so when I googled I was linked with the original post. Everything I know about makeup and hair had come from you over the last few years and my 4year old daughter loves to watch all of your tutorials with me.

September 29, 2014 at 3:36 am

Are you crazy (I mean that in a nice way 😉 saying to excuse your pic next to Marisa’s???!!!! You look absolutely gorgeous there!! Truly, every time I see that pic of you I’m in aw! Love everyone about it and the makeup is amazing!!( :

Shannon Verucchi
    September 29, 2014 at 4:21 am

September 29, 2014 at 4:27 am

When I first saw that pin so long ago I was like ummmmm this lady is gorgeous!!! And ber hair is incredible!!! I would love to see a makeup tutorial for that look too??? LOVE it!!!! —Danielle @yourclassygals.com

September 29, 2014 at 4:38 am

Girl! You are just as pretty if not prettier than her! Congrats on the precious baby boy btw!

September 29, 2014 at 5:29 am

First, I agree with Jessica- you are just as gorgeous if not more gorgeous than her! And your hair is perfect!

Definitely my favorite hair and makeup tutorials!

What kind of curling iron is that?

Philly // Together in Italy
    September 29, 2014 at 5:35 am

Okay, so I was always wondering if it would be weird to like your own blog’s stuff, or pin it, etc.

And pffft, you’re just as beautiful as her! Thank you for the tutorial, I cannot wait to try it. I finally got my hair a much needed layering and trimming session and it is now very similar to yours! So I am super hopeful!! Thank you 🙂

September 29, 2014 at 5:54 am

I found your blog through Pinterest so I am very thankful that you pinned this way back when!

September 29, 2014 at 6:02 am

I have serious hair envy!! I’ve been growing mine out for what feels like an eternity and it’s growing so slow. 🙁 You’re gorgeous, girl!!

September 29, 2014 at 6:06 am

what product are you using before you start your curls?

Wendy :)
    September 29, 2014 at 7:11 am

Please share the brand of curling iron and products used in your hair?? My hair is somewhat thick and the curl just doesn’t seem to stay that long. Any tips?

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    September 29, 2014 at 7:32 am

I remember when you first posted this video, and I was obsessed! I can’t get over how amazing you look with your hair that dark! I am seriously tempted to dye mine and I just can’t, so please stop pulling it off so well 😉 Thanks for reposting this hair tutorial! I hope things are going great with the little one 🙂

Amanda Laitinen
    September 29, 2014 at 8:09 am

I personally think you are way prettier than Marisa Miller! Just sayin…

Erin D
    September 29, 2014 at 9:55 am

Readers wanting to know what gel/size iron: Paul Mitchel Cream Gel & 1 1/4 Curling Iron
    Cara posted the items beneath the video 🙂

Ericka Long
    September 29, 2014 at 10:15 am

LOVE your hair using this curling technique! I need my hair to grow out again ASAP. Do you think this would work with shorter hair? Mine is just about to my collar bone right now…I’m hoping to try it and see how it looks! Also, is it weird that I am in love with your eyebrows? I wish mine looked like that…I’m working on it haha

September 29, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Very pretty hairstyle. I admire your commitment girl because holy cow it would take me half a day to do that! Keep on being wonderful!

September 29, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Cara,I have not watched this video but I just had to say that you are way more beautiful. I
    try not to compare women but for the longest time I thought you WERE a VS model when I started following you. Never underestimate your beauty woman!!!!

Susan Todt
    September 29, 2014 at 3:41 pm

YOU are gorgeous!!!

September 29, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Hey Cara, it was frustrating to not be able to clearly see what you were doing because you have dark hair and the background was the dark doorway next to your refrigerator. It would be great if you would use a light colored screen behind yourself when you do hair demos, and include some close-up cutaways so your users can clearly see your techniques.

stefanie sombaty
    September 29, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Cars, I get the 150 thousand hits because this pic is how I found you and your site and I have been a fan ever since. Your hair and make-up are stunning and of course I wanted to look just like this except with brown hair, hazel eyes, no tan, a few more years on my face and a few more pounds! I decided it would look creepy to print the photo and tape it to my face so I’ve been visiting ever since. Thanks for the great tips!

Philippa Mann
    September 30, 2014 at 12:48 am

Love this!!! I will be trying this when i get home! Thanks for sharing Cara <3 x

September 30, 2014 at 12:49 am

Cara, you need to post a tutorial on the beautiful make up you used in the picture. Really lovely.
    Your lips look amazing. What do you have on them?

September 30, 2014 at 1:04 am

You look far more gorgeous than she in my opinion!

Laura Jayne
    September 30, 2014 at 8:20 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE this tutorial I’m a little scared to try it only because I think it’s going to take me 234,125,358 hours to perfect it lol but aside from the fab. hair and GA-GA GORGEOUS picture, how did you tan for this picture? and I LOVE the makeup in this look. please tell us how you got the tan and a makeup tutorial please 🙂

M A R T A
    September 30, 2014 at 8:28 am

Geat vigeo! Love the hairstyle!

October 1, 2014 at 5:56 am

I would love to see a makeup tutorial for her makeup!!

October 1, 2014 at 2:29 pm

I love this so much, I’m going out to but that curling iron specifically for this hairstyle (I only have a wand :/)

October 1, 2014 at 6:25 pm

You’re waaaaaaay prettier than Marissa Miller. By far. 🙂

October 12, 2014 at 4:57 am

YOU look more like the VS supermodel than she does! No joke. And ditto a post above asking for the makeup tutorial!

October 14, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I think you look better than the VS model.

Danee Kaplan
    October 18, 2014 at 10:43 pm

1. Your hair looks much better than hers. Hers looks a stringy messy on the ends-or maybe it is just the over-bleached dryness on the ends that is bothering me- but yours is just full-on gorgeous. And post partum? You rock girl.
    2. It ALWAYS comes down to using the right products. I don’t care if you are going stick straight, trying to tame some crazy curls or anything in between. I get so frustrated on Tumblr when people post photos of HORRIFIC hair-do’s, stating they can’t do anything with their hair. WhenI try to be helpful and comment about getting good products they tell me they have tried “everything”. Really? cuz I’m a big ol’ product whore and I haven’t tried anywhere near “everything”. Buying crappy drug store brand hair products for the most part isn’t going to work. My daughter’s friend who is Indian and thus has gorgeous thick black curly hair. But it looks horrible all the time and I found out when she stayed with us that she used Head and Shoulders because she had so much flaky dandruff. OMG talk about cause and effect. STOP the cheap shampoo and the flakes will go away. She used my products and couldn’t get over how soft her hair was after 1 washing. Products make all the difference.

Karen C
    January 2, 2015 at 7:12 pm

My fis response was that you don’t for a second need to worry about having your picture next to Marisa’s! IMO, you knock it out of the park. You’re hair captures the look much better than hers, your makeup is better, and well, you just glow! You have her beat, hands down.

eebest8 fiverr
    August 15, 2015 at 10:53 am

Free info like this is an apple from the tree of knowledge. Sinful?

August 29, 2015 at 7:13 pm