Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites

I’m addicted to boots right now. I just look at them and put them in shopping carts and try to figure out which ones I want. Except the ones I want the most are – of course- the most expensive ones. Which is why they stay in the “cart”. My sister calls it fake shopping , I’ve been doing a lot of it. Something about fall and having been pregnant for 9 months!  These ones are the favorites & these ones are the most realist favorites🙂

I did a video of some really simple but totally poppin” makeup on my youtube channel incase you want to check that out:)

I’m reaaaaally excited about this new primer (It Cosmetics- Feel The Moment) It is such a fantastic silky formula and the smell is delicious.

Christian started Pre-School this week and I was pretty worried about how he would handle it because he’s SUCH a mama’s boy. The first day was so cute, he was trying really hard to be brave and not cry in front of the other kids and he gave me a very half hearted smile and thumbs up.

I was so thrilled when I went to pick him up though because I could tell he felt so proud of himself and has been excited for school every day since.
There’s so much worry that goes along with motherhood, it’s such a good feeling when you have a moment where you think “he’s gonna be just fine.”

I have been trying my darndest to stay away from eating much sugar the last few months, which is a STRUGGLE for me. So I’m holding off on cooking all the pumkin things until I have the baby…but soup doesn’t count! So I think I’m gonna try my hand at THIS one this weekend.

Source: Love & Lemons

How do you feel about faux fur vests? I have a feeling Nick would not be on the bandwagon but…I feel like I might be warming to them?

Thank you guys so much for reading. I LOVED hearing about all of your different jobs and the funny and interesting things you had to say about them:)
I’m so grateful for your friendship, thank you.

September 4, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Hi, Cara! I love the quote you added with this post! It’s so true, isn’t it? ❤️ Your son is absolutely adorable ~ that cute half smile and thumbs up ~ he’s gonna be a heartbreaker for sure! Treat yourself to the pumpkin soup ~ you deserve it! Almost time for baby ~ wheeee I’m so excited for you! All good things for a wonderful woman 🙂 Take care!

Marcia Ford
    September 5, 2014 at 2:15 am

Oh My Gosh, your son is beautiful!! I am 61 yo, and I still remember dropping my first off at nursery school at the tender age of 3..he cried and the as the teacher picked him up he grabbed ahold of the door frame all the while kicking and screaming for me..Leaving him there was one of the hardest things I ever had to do as a mom. Really. When I went to pick him up, he was so happy and also loved school ever since. In fact, he is still in school. He is in his last year of a dental/medical residency..ya just never know. Forgive the use of an often repeated mantra to young moms,(but its so true) cherish each and every moment because the time goes SO fast. Enjoy your Christian, he looks like such an amazing kid!

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    September 5, 2014 at 2:22 am

Love the video 🙂 When are you going to talk about your Kate Middleton one? Have an amazing weekend!

September 5, 2014 at 2:24 am

Your son is so handsome! I’m glad he had a great first day. My baby started kindergarten last week, and I’m not going to lie…I didn’t handle it well! It is a difficult transition from being a SAHM with littles for 8 years, to having an an empty house from 8-3:45. I love your Friday favorite posts. I hope you’re feeling well!

September 5, 2014 at 2:47 am

Omg I have an obsession with frye boots. I only own one pair but they are honestly the best boots I’ve ever purchased. So comfortable, go with everything. To me they’ve been worth every penny because I wear them constantly. So I justify them by thinking “cost per wear” 😉

Emerald Earrings
    September 5, 2014 at 3:04 am

Oh yes! I am obsessed with faux fur vests! Definitely a fall staple for me 🙂

Krystal R
    September 5, 2014 at 3:07 am

Hi Cara, your son is adorable! I was wondering if you feel the IT Cosmetics Primer would be a good one for people with oily skin? Thank you so much for all your blog posts, I look forward to reading them and learning something new everyday! 🙂

September 5, 2014 at 3:40 am

I have been rocking the faux fur vest for a couple years now. I was nervous to wear it at first because it wasn’t my ‘normal’ style. I have to say that I love it! And, I always get tons of compliments (and lots of people wanting to touch it lol) when I wear it. It’s great because it can be dressed up or down – looks super cute and chic with skinny jeans and boots. Go for it!

September 5, 2014 at 4:03 am

I love the first (pricey) boots! If I were you, I’d save up and get them. Have you heard of a pushing present? I think boots would be a unique pushing present, but not out of the realm of doable.

The fur vest I’d have to say “no” on. But, everyone’s personal style is personal so if you love it then go for it. Anyone can make anything work if they wear it with enough confidence :).

Kristin Cahoon Bell
    September 5, 2014 at 4:15 am

Those boots are absolutely to die for!! And you could totally rock a faux fur vest anyday!

September 5, 2014 at 4:30 am

I love that quote and Christian is getting so big!

September 5, 2014 at 4:35 am

That website is incredible! Have you ordered from them before? So much cute stuff!! Love fur vests- you can absolutely pull it off.

September 5, 2014 at 4:43 am

Oh jeez…totally forgot to mention Christian! What a brave, strong boy!! First days of anything can be so scary. I am glad it went well for him.

Jamie Gingerelli
    September 5, 2014 at 4:51 am

You boy is BEAUTIFUL! Those eyes!!

Rachel S
    September 5, 2014 at 4:55 am

Cara, whatever happened to doing a Kate Middleton look for Kohls? I’ve been waiting but haven’t seen it. Did I miss it?

September 5, 2014 at 7:17 am

I just want to say I really miss the old Caras website. Groundbreaking ideas on beautiful makeup. I’m not looking for your soup recipe. It just feels like the intimate aspect is gone. Maybe commercialized is a better word. There also is no authentic enthusiasm. :((

September 5, 2014 at 7:56 am

Oh Frye boots. Someday I will own some. I keep telling myself I will get some as a graduation present (along with a cruise) when I finish my bachelor’s degree. I found some in my grandma’s closet when we cleaned her house out after she passed away. I can’t describe my excitement, followed by immediate crying disappointment when I realized they were a good size or two too small. Rachel Ray has a great curry pumpkin and black bean soup. I add some baked or grill chicken. My kids even like it! Loved you Jobs post!!!

September 5, 2014 at 10:01 am

Love Fall!

September 5, 2014 at 10:35 am

I will own thise frye boots, just putting that out in the universe! I have been obsessed with them ever since you pinned them:)

Hope Howland (@HHDesigns)
    September 5, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Haha! I do fake shopping all the time!! And that pumpkin soup?? Yum!

September 5, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Cara, your son is so beautiful!! When I put my daughter in Pre K I cried on my bed and held her pink Hello Kitty blanket. I was so depressed and sad! She only went for a few months though, she wasn’t ready for it, plus her teacher wasn’t very nice, plus she missed a lot of days for being sick. Plus I had 2 grand mal seizures that November in one day, so it was just best all the way around to take her out.

I love those Frye boots! Definitely save up and get them. Quality boots and clothing are worth the investment! Magazines always say that! 🙂 I really like the other boots, too.

Cara, thank you so much for sharing things that you find that you enjoy! Just like a good friend would do! It really adds a personal human touch and makes an already great blog even greater!!! 🙂 Thank you for everything and keep up the good work!! It is very appreciated always. 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend! Oh, by the way, what day is your baby due next month? My birthday is October 18th. I love October!! 😉

September 7, 2014 at 3:47 am

Cara, You are such an inspiration! You are the best friend everyone wishes for, would love to just hang out with you and discover all the fun stuff you do! Your son is adorable just so precious. I remember that first day of preschool, kindergarten and now this year it was the first day of college! I cried everytime including this one which was the toughest because my baby is not a baby anymore. I look forward to your posts and they keep me going through some difficult times ..keep up the great work you are a beautiful person inside and out!

September 7, 2014 at 6:45 am

Girl…get the Frye boots. They’ll cost less in the end bc you will have them a loooong time and they’ll hold up!

September 7, 2014 at 7:22 am

Hi Cara, would you mind posting the products you used in your latest video for Kohl’s on your youtube channel? I am wanting to purchase the bronzer and illuminator you used. Thanks

September 8, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I got some minnetonka boots as a gift and they are so cofortable, like slippers, and perfect for outdoor concerts, I think. I also love my faux fur vest! and I have had it for awhile, but now I do worry that it seems to promote that fur is cool, when I think that fur is cruel and would never wear real fur, but I have lots of faux fur jackets, and one vest….

September 8, 2014 at 4:13 pm

I have 4 vests. Go for it!!! Get the boots. I drive my husband crazy with deciding if I should buy.

Laura B
    September 10, 2014 at 10:14 am

My daughter started preschool last week. She was so excited to go. She would get so upset at daycare when the babies cried and drop off was always a challenge. I wish I could say it went as well. The first day another girl pinched her. So of course the second day she was afraid to go. Then the second day some girls got right in her face and called her a name. She is so innocent she didn’t know they were making fun of her.

September 15, 2014 at 4:12 am

Hello Cara,

I came across your blog while searching information on eye condition. I was scanning the image section for comparison and saw a set of pictures of your. It was a before and after shots. I wondered to myself what might be your situation and I clicked the view page. It lead me to your blog and I read your stories.

You are an inspirational person who deserves your beautiful family. Your beauty is not only on the surface but it shines outward from within. May providence continue to pave your path to greater glories and wisdom when challenges are present. You are a kind and wonderful person. Be well and my regards to your beautiful family.

Be well.

From your spiritual brother for afar:)

Heather Hammel
    September 23, 2014 at 5:23 am

I do “fake shopping” all the time! I encourage it b/c then you have time to think about whether or not you really want it and then sometimes by that time, it is on sale or they don’t have your size anymore. I think it really helps me not to spend money! lol. If you’re still looking for boots, I just posted my new pair on my blog from and they were only $39.99!