Before & Afters Makeup

Monday Makeover – Danielle

I feel like I say this on the cusp of every single season but right now I truly believe that fall is my VERY favorite.
Maybe it’s because I can’t wait to meet this little bundle or that it’s averaging 100 degrees a day or that makeup is just so much more fun in the fall. All I’m saying is that I’m ready.
Which is why I was itching to give Danielle a really dramatic fall style makeover.

She is incredibly beautiful naturally and is used to rocking a really light “beach babe” look which is perfection on her.
We wanted to have a little fun though, and do something she’d never seen in the mirror before…

Gorgeous Fall Makeup

After we took the photos I could tell the dark lip and dark eye was a little overwhelming to a beauty that’s used to going pretty much bare faced so I thought it would be fun to wipe that off and show her the look with something a little softer on the lips and a little more color in the cheeks. I LOVE the more wearable version of this as well:

What I used:

Argan Milk (For some moisture to start)
Hourglass Viel Mineral Primer
Maskcara IID Foundation (2nd generation)
Maskcara Blush in Ruby
I’m REALLY loving these Gel shadows lately, I’ve been using them on everyone. They have incredible pigment and are so user friendly when blending!
Milani Gel shadow in Bella Espresso on her crease and under her eye and Bella Caffe in the center of her lid.
I also used a strip of lashes on her bottoms (her top lashes were already huge!) MAC 32 Lash
YSL Mascara in Shocking (trying every mascara known to man!)
In her tearline all the way around I used IT Cosmetics Black Gel Liner

For the top lip I used Nars Lip Color in Train Bleu (and dabbed a bit of the Bella Caffe Gel shadow in the center of her lip)
For the bottom I used my usual Lip Liner ( NYX Taupe) and YSL #1 Nude Beige  and bronzed her up a bit with Too Faced Milk Chocolate

August 18, 2014 at 2:52 am

I love these looks. I prefer the second more toned down version, but both are beautiful.

August 18, 2014 at 3:50 am

I prefer the more natural look as well! She didn’t even need a makeover!!!!

August 18, 2014 at 2:59 am

Beautiful girl. I like the toned down version. I would love to see a make over on a natural blond. My eyebrows and eyelashes are pale blond and my skin is very fair. I struggle with not looking like I am wearing too much make up.

August 18, 2014 at 3:04 am

Gorgeous! Love them both. Great reminder what an impact lip color has on an overall look.

Emerald Earrings
    August 18, 2014 at 3:12 am

Cara! I love both of your looks so much! She has such a gorgeous facial structure. She reminds me a little of Kyra Sedgewick, so stunning!

August 18, 2014 at 3:14 am

Love the hair!! Can you advise which technique you used for it? Is it one of your tutorials (I’ve watched every one of them on curling hair)!

August 18, 2014 at 3:14 am

Love it! Shes stunning in all three makeup looks! Are those the only two eyeshadow you used?

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    August 18, 2014 at 3:16 am

She seriously is naturally so beautiful! I love the softer lip 🙂

the virginia line
    August 18, 2014 at 3:20 am

Holy gorgeous!!!

Makelle Marsee
    August 18, 2014 at 3:21 am

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I really love this.

August 18, 2014 at 3:22 am

She’s beautiful! I actually prefer her first look without being made over best, but the look with the softer lip color is great too. This coming from a girl who LOVES bold lipstick. haha

August 18, 2014 at 3:30 am

Lucky girl, she actually looks prettiest in the first photo.

August 18, 2014 at 3:48 am

She is such a beauty, especially in the first and 3rd looks. The second one looks a little Tim burton to me. I guess there is nothing wrong with a little burton drama.

August 18, 2014 at 3:54 am

Cara, you are so talented! Love your blog, it’s now my favorite place to visit when the kids are quiet and I get my ipad time! I even bought some esquido lashes because most of your looks have falsies, but I just can’t get the hang of applying them …

Marylisa K
    August 18, 2014 at 4:01 am

Hello Cara. Lots of luck with your new upcoming bundle! Lancomes newest mascara they just released a few weeks ago is beyond anything you’ve used. Grandiose it has a swan like shaped brush, two coats and you look like your wearing false lashes. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

August 18, 2014 at 4:12 am

Total babe. She looks amazing in every photo. How fun to show some variety, and what a dramatic difference you can create when adding dimension & color. Subtle is beautiful, but bold is a show-stopper. Love it Cara; and Danielle, you’re simply lovely & great name too 🙂

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    August 18, 2014 at 4:19 am

The more I look at the more dramatic look the more I like it. Also, I am super jealous of her skin. Mine seems to be wigging out postpartum.

August 18, 2014 at 4:27 am

I see most people prefer the toned down versions of Danielle, but I actually find her stunning in the dark, vampire-style one! She looks so powerful and fierce, I think she should be encouraged not to be afraid to rock that look as well from time to time. Everybody can pull off a discreet angel makeup, but not everybody looks so amazing with a dramatic lip and eye! She is GORGEOUS! Great job, Cara – again!

Karen Hall
    August 18, 2014 at 4:33 am

I LOVE the dramatic eye makeup. I must try this!

Brittany Butkiewicz
    August 18, 2014 at 4:51 am

Cara, since you are trying tons and tons of mascaras you should try (if you haven’t already) One-by-One volume express by Maybelline. Gives nice definition of individual lashes, and great for everyday wear.

Miranda V.
    August 18, 2014 at 5:16 am

I actually thought the first picture was the makeover! (before I scrolled down) She is just stunning! I love the the second version of the makeover with the soft lip color….By chance will you be doing a video tutorial??? I love darker, more dramatic eye looks, but I can’t seem to get it to a ‘wearable’ level…it’s always way too much on me.

August 18, 2014 at 5:28 am

I love her before, after and toned down! All sooo good!
    Can you do a video on how you did her eyes? It looks amazing! But I am too nervous to go that dark. I’d love a video!

August 18, 2014 at 5:49 am

The more dramatic look with bold lips is absolutely fantastic! In the natural look the lip colour is a bit too light/pale compared to her skintone.

Beauty Vanity
    August 18, 2014 at 6:05 am

I do love a bold lip, but she’s gorgeous in that natural makeup! 🙂

xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

August 18, 2014 at 6:22 am

Love all three looks! It’s so fun to what a difference different techniques and colors can make!

August 18, 2014 at 7:33 am

As always, you are SO talented Cara! Love both looks!

August 18, 2014 at 7:41 am

Love how much her eyes pop! Did you use an eyeliner at all?

August 18, 2014 at 8:54 am

She is beautiful without any makeup! But you did a great job!

Bobbi C.
    August 18, 2014 at 8:58 am

I must say, Danielle really is someone who benefits from and doesn’t need more than a little bit of make-up – lucky, lucky gal! – but I too really liked the second look you did with her, as well.

August 18, 2014 at 9:43 am

Love both looks!! Gotta love a little vampy lip for fall! If she isn’t already she should definitely be a makeup model!! Gorgeous looks!

Ashley H
    August 18, 2014 at 9:45 am

She looks stunning in them all! The more dramatic one looks like a magazine ad.

August 18, 2014 at 11:06 am

What was the blush color ? Missed it?

August 18, 2014 at 12:00 pm

What blush color?? please reply 🙂

Lisa Scott Provost
    August 18, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Holy crud, she is gorgeous! I love the eyes; I never wear anything under mine (no mascara, NUTHIN’), so I’m always fascinated when I see this look great on someone.

And Danielle totally looks like Kristin Chenoweth and Elle Macpherson had a pretty pretty baby. Great starting point for a makeover! And, you know, LIFE.

August 18, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Love the first and last photos. The dark lips really shocked me, and I was glad to see her being “underdone” in the last picture.

August 18, 2014 at 1:29 pm

I love the darker look I think it’s perfect for fall!! I cannot wait 🙂

August 18, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Love this makeover! Beautiful babe before, but so fun to play with makeup to give a look that normally you wouldn’t think of trying, especially since she doesn’t need any to begin with! Just goes to show the spectrum of looks makeup can give. fun!

August 18, 2014 at 4:41 pm

So this is like one of my fave looks so far. Seriously love it. Is there a tutorial to go along with it?

Becka Thraen
    August 18, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Wow! She looks so much like Kristin Chenoweth!

Jenna Doeleman
    August 18, 2014 at 6:14 pm

She looks so great in both of these! I have to say I love the darker lip (but it’s my favorite look every Autumn so I’m a little biased!)

Northern Beauty

[email protected]
    August 18, 2014 at 6:29 pm

I want to know about her hair color, so I can do the same thing. Love it!

August 18, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Hey Cara,
    Just wanted to let you know that I think your website (which I love) has a bug. A couple of times a week when I view your page it redirects me to a spam page that tries to get me to download malware. I’ve checked my machine and I only get it on your site so you might want to look into it.
    Good luck and thanks for all you do!

August 21, 2014 at 7:21 am

This has been happening to me, as well.

August 18, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Awesome Cara! I feel Autumn is also in the air. I tried the Mary Kay Mascara, but used their lash primer first! I will never have to look for another mascara! I don’t know if it’s the primer that is so awesome or the mascara, but they work great together and make a HUGE difference as long as you apply the mascara while the primer is still wet!

August 19, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I like how you moved her blush forward, more to the apples of her cheeks. It looks nice!

August 19, 2014 at 5:51 pm

She is beautiful! Quick question: can you explain using eyeliner in the tear line? My eyes get super irritated when I try to wear eyeliner, even when I use high-end brands. Am I doing it wrong, or maybe I just have super sensitive eyes?

Enviable Ombre Hair
    August 20, 2014 at 12:01 am

[…] / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / […]

August 20, 2014 at 3:21 am

Love the looks but I love the hair. Did you do that as well? Any tips to achieving this look?

August 21, 2014 at 5:22 am

She is stunning. I do prefer the more natural look but the glam look would be great for date night!

Quick question, she has some killer lashes in both the before and the after, I have a ton of friends peddling Younique 3D mascara right now and I’m so not convinced to spend $30 on it. Have you tried it and in your opinion does it make lashes look as great as this? Thanks!

Miranda V.
      August 21, 2014 at 7:31 am

Hey Amanda, my sister’s MIL sells this and I have been using it. You’re right $30 is alot for mascara but it makes A WORLD of difference on the look of my eyes. And it’s buildable too. During the day I just do two coats and its really pretty, but for date night I can go 4 or 5 coats and they look fantastic! hope that helps!

August 21, 2014 at 9:07 am

Hi Cara! I have been an admirer of your blog for so long! I just recently started blogging myself (: It’s been quite a learning experience (and by that I mean I have no idea what I’m doing lol). I love the dark, fall look! This morning I posted about Fall. I honestly cannot wait for it! Thanks for being so helpful through your posts and so sweet!

kaleigh george
    August 22, 2014 at 4:48 am

i have been dying for my hair to look like that!! do you have a tutorial on it?

August 23, 2014 at 3:45 am

Hair tutorial, please!!!

Micheline Drebert
    August 23, 2014 at 10:44 am

i have been passing away for my locks to look like that!! do you have a guide on it? copy of popular movie jackets

Christie in MT
    August 25, 2014 at 5:56 am

Beautiful- both ways. She looks like Michelle Money!

Chantel Marie
    September 3, 2014 at 6:43 pm

SHe is GOOOORGEOUS! such perfection on your makeup ; )

January 5, 2015 at 3:32 pm

She looks so much like Cameron Diaz in the last look!! Beautiful lady and great job!