Eyeshadow School Makeup

Eyeshadow School: The Halo

As much as I love the first two techniques we covered, this one is probably my FAVORITE.
I love how easy it is while still being a big impact.

Photography by: Jessica Janea

Step One: Prime the lids Here I used Mac Paint Pot in Soft Ochre but I have olive/yellow under tones if you are more on the pink side use Painterly.
This is going to even out your lid, made the shadow color look more flawless and highlight your brow bone all in one.

Step Two: Grab a Medium size Crease brush and a mid to dark toned Eye Shadow (MAC Soft Brown Photographed. I found a dual ended brush that I LOVE (since the one I used in these tutorials is out! but no worries cause I actually prefer this baby)

Step three: Wipe the brush back and forth in the socket of your eyeball until it’s to your desired depth and blended. (just a few strokes)

Step four: Run the shadow under your eye at your lash line creating a halo around your eye socket.

Why I love it: It is SO quick and makes your eye color POP like crazy since it’s completely framed in shadow.
Pair it with: Always a great one to pair with a nude or baby pink lip.
Who looks fabulous in it: I always go for this one when my eyes are feeling puffy, since it contours the who eye area. It is also a great choice for anyone who wants their eyes to look bigger! If you already have dark circles this is still a great choice just be sure to get some bright highlight under the shadowed area beneath the eye, to give some contrast.

Hope your day is as lovely as you are (so EXTREMELY lovely:)

August 7, 2014 at 4:17 am

Love this look! Will you please do some eyeshadow looks for monolids? I am very interested to see what you do!

August 7, 2014 at 4:44 am

This is pretty well my go to shadow look for every day. I generally use my bronzer instead of eyeshadow. Love the look Cara, great work as always!!

August 7, 2014 at 7:59 am

Looks and sounds like I should also use more often bronzer instead of eyeshadow as I love this look really much!
      xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

August 7, 2014 at 5:53 am

I don’t like this one so much…it makes you look a bit tired…sorry

Laura Guerrero
    August 7, 2014 at 6:11 am

You’re a weetheart Cara.
    Muah!!! From DR

August 7, 2014 at 6:27 am

I really miss you with your eyelash extensions!! (Just use a lash grower while you have them to strengthen your lashes.)
    You are AMAZING!!!

August 7, 2014 at 6:47 am

Thank you so much for eyeshadow school!! All of the looks have been so pretty and it’s so helpful to see them broken down into steps like this!

August 7, 2014 at 6:49 am

Thank you so much for eyeshadow school!! All the looks have been so pretty and it’s really helpful to have the process broken down into steps like this!

August 7, 2014 at 7:47 am

This is pretty much what I do on a daily basis! I was having trouble before though, but once I got the right kind of brush (I was using an angled brush before) it made it sooooo much easier!! it definitely makes my eyes bigger.

Emerald Earrings
    August 7, 2014 at 7:52 am

Gorgeous as always! And I have to say I am LOVING your hair color! Makes me want to go lighter, maybe! I’m the most indecisive ever when it comes to my hair color. haha

Jessica Johnston
    August 7, 2014 at 9:00 am

Amazing tutorial as always! XOXO

August 7, 2014 at 9:23 am

(YOU are extremely lovely, Cara!) Could you recommend a cooler brown shade for the eye socket? When you do your eye socket, where on the eye do you begin your brush stroke? (If I begin at the outer corner, it tends to darken it so much because that part of my eye seems to be more deep set. Not sure if that makes sense- hard to describe.) Thank you, doll.

August 7, 2014 at 9:52 am

Beautiful as always! Loving eyeshadow school! Going to try that today!

August 7, 2014 at 9:59 am

This is the technique I use most often when I want a little something extra, but don’t want to do a full smokey eye. It’s so quick and easy for everyday too.

Bell Santiago
    August 7, 2014 at 12:35 pm

So pretty and too hard – love it

August 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I like this look on other people but I end up with raccoon eyes after a few hours.

Beauty Vanity
    August 7, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Totally agree with you, it’s so quick and easy!

xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    August 7, 2014 at 1:25 pm

So simple, and it looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it out!! Thanks for all of your amazing posts! I am so glad that you took over Brickyard Buffalo this week as well, so many fun things!
    Blonde with a Chanse

August 7, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Any mascara on your bottom lashes? Doesn’t look like there is wondering if this helps to also achieve the illusion of bigger eyes.

August 7, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Not much! I went really easy on my lashes for eyeshadow school because I wanted just the eyeshadow alone to get the spotlight! But yes! Bottom Lashes make your eyes look twice the size!!

August 7, 2014 at 3:18 pm

I really like this look… Unfortunately is not for me, I have a very obvious crease and extremely dark circles, I mean really, really dark, almost black 🙁 An my lids are super dark too, It’s like I always been wearing brown eyeshadow… I look like a racoon when I’m not wearing makeup. Could you please make a tutorial on how to cover extremely dark circles? Thank you!

August 7, 2014 at 4:46 pm

You bet! Question first, are your circles puffy or sunken or just dark?

August 7, 2014 at 5:24 pm

No puffy, no bags. I don’t know the difference between sunken and dark, but they are super dark and you can see exactly where the skin color change near the nose, like middle east women.
        Thank you!!

August 7, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Excellent! I’m looking forward to trying this one out- it looks quick and easy! Thanks for sharing!

August 7, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Oh my goodness, so pretty! Thanks for sharing, Cara!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

August 7, 2014 at 7:37 pm

When you say shade in your socket… Do you mean do the windshield wiper move? I’m one of the eyeshadow impaired and I’m not sure what you mean by shade in your socket… Love your blog!

Fab 5 Friday - Laina Turner
    August 8, 2014 at 2:00 am

[…] – Eyeshadow School: The Halo.…I really need to through out all my make up and buy new and actually learn how to use […]

Andrea Ewanishan
    August 8, 2014 at 8:13 am

Hey Cara!
    I’ve been following your blog for awhile now and I FINALLY decided to launch my very own! I’d be very grateful if you took the time to quickly browse it 🙂
    Let me know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions!

Thanks so much,
    Drea Marie

August 8, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Please share what color is on your lips! I like:-)

August 8, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Can you suggest colors for blondes besides browns? For some reason I don’t like browns on my eyes. Thanks in advance.

August 8, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Also, are there some people that shouldn’t wear glimmery/sparkly shadows? I’ve always hated them on me, but I like them on other people.

August 11, 2014 at 4:27 am

I love this series – keep up the good work!

Nude Makeup, is it for you? | beauty by mitchypoo
    August 12, 2014 at 8:46 am

[…] at Maskcara is doing this cool thing called Eyeshadow School! Here is a great tutorial on The Halo Method of applying eyeshadow which would fit perfectly with a […]

August 18, 2014 at 9:09 pm

What an amazing look! It’s so minimal, yet it creates a flawless look.

The Friday Five [1.10]
    August 22, 2014 at 5:28 am

[…] get ready to learn. The first three “lessons” are: The Wash, The Windshield Wiper, and The Halo. There *will* be a test, so take good […]

September 12, 2014 at 1:50 am

[…] Source of Article […]

September 16, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I look forward to reading more of your Eyeshadow School. They are so helpful and educational. I suck at eyeshadows so this is big for me!

Eyeshadow school- natural and easy eye makeup routine. - All Foods Drinks