Before & Afters Makeup

Makeover Monday

If you’ve followed the blog for long you might already know about my sister Rachel. She’s a FANTASTIC makeup artist and pretty much is the whole reason I got into it myself.
She was the artist behind the makeover I’m showing you today!
I thought it was fun because I think we often associate red lips with winter time but I LOVE them for summer too.
Vivianne is insanely beautiful and I love how this classic red look paired with some bronzed up cheeks really brightens her up!

Take a look for yourself!

What she did:
She groomed the brows a bit and gave them some extra structure. This is a great way to balance the lip without going heavy on the eyes.
She used Tweezermans, Brun and an Angled brush.
For her skin she used IIID Foundation in Wheat and Stone and a little bit of Blush in Ruby.
Next she brushed some Matte Midtone Brown from the Full Exposure Palette into her crease and beneath her eyes. Then made a bit of a cat eyed liner on top with Sephora Collection Liquid liner. Highlighting the brow bone and cheekbones with IIID Illuminator in Pretty in Pearl.
And a nice heavy coat of Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara.
For her luscious lips her first lined them with Beautique Pencil in Real Red and filled with The Balm Read My Lips gloss in WOW.
lastly dusting her cheeks and chin with some bronzer.

{If you are in the Las Vegas area and would like to book with Rachel contact her at [email protected], she is fabulous of event makeup and for makeup lessons}

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    July 14, 2014 at 4:23 am

I love this classic look!

July 14, 2014 at 4:39 am

Fun! I was thinking it would be fun for you guys to both do a makeover on the same person to see the different approaches. I feel like you contour more and your sister typically does fuller eyebrows. It’s fun to see the same products used but different approaches. Also, would you do a video of someone doing there makeup under your guidance and you correcting them. I feel like they would make the same mistakes we all make and it would be helpful. Twist me pretty hair blog did that on the mom summit and it was SO helpful because she was able to slowdown something that was second nature to her and gently correct the lady that was trying to follow her instructions “.

July 14, 2014 at 4:58 am

Beautiful! I like Candi’s ideas too. I’ve learned so much from you and gained a new confidence. Thank you for helping us reflect the beauty that’s going on inside.

Emerald Earrings
    July 14, 2014 at 7:08 am

So gorgeous! Love my summer time red lips 🙂

P.S. I would absolutely LOVE some constructive criticism on my latest blog post, if anyone has just a few minutes 🙂 xoxo

July 14, 2014 at 8:34 am

Gorgeous! I feel like the makeup she used was perfect for making a distinguished look, yet accentuates her natural beauty. I love how nothing was too strong on her face making her look too makeup heavy, I absolutely love it!

July 14, 2014 at 8:44 am

I’m interested in Candi’s ideas too!
    Is it generally the case that I shouldn’t go too heavy under the eye when doing a bold lip? I’m used to focusing on the lower eye because I wear glasses.

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    July 14, 2014 at 11:18 am

Wow she looks so good! I love her red lip in the second picture! I am just now starting to be brave enough to wear bold colors on my lips, and I love them!

Laura W.
    July 14, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Gorgeous! I’m always afraid of glossy red lips and the mess my hair could make of it.

I would love if you did a post featuring blogs you are into lately. Obvs Vintage Revivals, amongst a few others you’ve written about, but it’d be so cool to see a list of all the blogs you love. All subjects, not just makeup.

Thank you for all the help you give to beginners! I’d call myself a full-on glamazon, but I can’t help but think how helpful your blog would have been to me when I was first starting out. Your blog is inspired and I recommend it to all the newbies I meet in sephora

July 14, 2014 at 5:14 pm

So pretty! She looks like Jessica Alba!

JuliaBobbin (@JuliaBobbin)
    July 14, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Beautiful! She looks so elegant and natural 🙂

July 15, 2014 at 4:06 am

I love this 🙂 I always love your makeovers, I love looking at the befores and afters 🙂 xx

Jottings Of Love

Jacqueline (@jcrdiamond)
    July 15, 2014 at 10:01 am

Looks beautiful! Just a quick question did she only apply the 1 eyeshadow? If so how do you do that and make it look as amazing as she did! I try and it looks like I have a stripe of colour 😛 Maybe something you’re going to cover in eyeshadow school! can’t wait

thx a million!

July 15, 2014 at 9:09 pm

You should add the side by side photos to your Makeover Monday posts:)

Angie Moore Barnes
    July 16, 2014 at 10:26 am

Are you not doing makeup consults anymore? I was really looking forward to you moving to St George since that is so much closer to me. 🙂

July 21, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Thank you for the referral to your sister, Rachel. My friend and I had her do our makeup for my 40th birthday celebration while we were in Las Vegas this weekend. She did a wonderful job!