Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites!

I hope you guys like this feature, I look forward to it all week. Every time I see something cool or think of something small I want to share I get excited to put it on my Friday list.

I couldn’t agree more.

I ventured into a J. Crew store for the first time in forever last weekend and even though there’s no way in HE double hockey sticks I could fit into it right now, I still wanted to buy this shirt…just to look at it. The website doesn’t even do it justice!

Layered Watermelon Coconut Shakes...need I say more?

I loved this article about how much being friendly with strangers can enrich our daily lives.

Hard core Ryan Gosling fans (like myself) will  probably chuckle/cry while reading this.

I need one of these babies ASAP.

LOVING this melted lipstick. In all the colors please.

Prettiest ring collection ever.

Also, I am in need of some advice from mothers. With Christian I never tried and slings or baby carriers, I’d really like to with this baby but I don’t know where to start? Which ones are the best? Pros & Cons?

Have the best weekend!

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    July 11, 2014 at 4:04 am

Just bought the Doutzen lipstick. So happy, thanks again for the suggestion!

July 11, 2014 at 4:09 am

July 11, 2014 at 4:11 am

I don’t know where my comment went, but long story short…get the Ergo carrier. Safe for baby’s hips and comfy!

July 11, 2014 at 5:58 am

I’ll second the Ergo! It’s the only baby item I actually miss using.

Lauren Schwartz
          July 13, 2014 at 5:53 am

I third the Ergo. My youngest is 3 and I still put him in it for hikes.

• Christina
            July 15, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I also say the Ergo Baby. It’s comfy for you and baby and so versatile!

July 11, 2014 at 4:20 am

I used the Mobi wrap (which I borrowed from my sister) with my 3rd. I loved it and she was happy/content! And I’m pretty sure there are all kinds of DIY versions that would be much cheaper. You can find wrap instructions online , too. Good luck!

Carrie Sellers
    July 11, 2014 at 4:33 am

Moby wrap for newborn, Ergo for when baby gets about 12 lbs (has good neck control)

July 11, 2014 at 4:33 am

I used an Ergo sport carrier because it just felt like the best support/least back pressure. I had twins and would put one in that and one in the baby seat in the grocery cart to shop. CRAZY to think of now!! I was fortunate in that a local baby store carries many types, and has them all out and helps you try them. I really think that’s key if you can find somewhere. Be very careful also that you don’t start them in a carrier/sling too early. Google it…teenies can suffocate if they are too young/little.

July 11, 2014 at 4:36 am

I used the ergo carrier every day with my second, from the time he was about a month old. He is almost 2 now, and can still fit in it occasionally. It’s been wonderful for us.

Christy Z
    July 11, 2014 at 4:42 am

I used both the Ergo and also Tula. Same general concept, but I found the Tula to have a bit more fabric. They also come in super cute patterns and have two sizes. You can use them almost from the start with the infant insert as well. Whatever you do stay away from the Bjorn. It’s horrible for mom and worse for baby. Happy shopping!

Victoria | the Maypop
    July 11, 2014 at 5:00 am

We have a Moby wrap and a Beco, Gemini, I think. We love both of them for different reasons.

Natalie Anderson
      July 11, 2014 at 6:09 am

I have the beco Gemini and love it also! I can use it from the time my baby is born and don’t need an extra insert for him/her to fit in when first born. Another plus is it is made in America!! 🙂 Beco is just like the Ergo, but different at the same time. They are ergonomically correct for babies hips, but have a lot of different options to suit a person’s needs

July 11, 2014 at 5:16 am

The new Ergo 360 is absolutely fantastic! You can do four different positions, and my little guy absolutely loves it. I also tried the Baby K’tan, but I didn’t feel that it was as supportive for baby and momma as the Ergo.

July 11, 2014 at 5:19 am

A lot of my friends either us the moby wrap or ring slings with infants. The good thing with a ring sling is there are many different types of fabric, like linen which is very breathable and even mesh for swimming. Check out you tube videos on how to use it if you have trouble, it’s not as simple as you’d think as first, but once you learn it’s a breeze. I would also suggest the Ergo, it’s great when they are bigger, nice support.

July 11, 2014 at 5:19 am

Wraps and carriers are so personal so it’s great if you can borrow different ones to test out. And your needs will change as the baby gets bigger as well.

Leslie Winter
    July 11, 2014 at 5:28 am

The mobi was great for when my son was an infant. So secure and snug. When he was larger we first went with the classic Baby Bjorn which was ok but there was no back support. We got it because it was the only one I could get on and off by myself and the baby can face forward. Turns out he LOVED facing forward and hated facing me so the Ergo at the time was out when he got so heavy I really needed some hip support or back support with a carrier. I don’t know if the new Ergo allows forward facing but a couple of the Beco’s do and that is what we got and loved it. That one I could get on by myself without too much trouble too. I don’t know if other moms have/had trouble but I couldn’t coordinate holding the baby and doing all the snaps on most of the carriers with hip support. My friend also gave me this native american type sling which was a really simple cotton peanut carrier. It isnt as secure but for the initial breast feeding stages it was nice when at home and sitting around. That’s a lot of carriers! But in the end, they all had their purpose and for a long time we didn’t really use a stroller because of them. Hope it helps.
    Love the IIID makeup and can’t wait for version 2.0!

July 11, 2014 at 5:38 am

Cara, I’ve been looking into wraps/slings/carriers for our new baby coming February 2015 :0 I had a Baby Bjorn last time, but my little guy just did not look crazy comfortable in it and his head was never really supported, so I found myself using my hands to hold him up a lot while using it – totally defeating the purpose. So I ended up not really using it much. This time I’ve been looking more into wraps and I came across the Solly Baby Wrap

Both moms and babies look so stinkin’ comfy in them and really snug. I’ve not personally tried anything but the Baby Bjorn, and all I know is that it didn’t work so great for me. You should definitely do a post on whatever you end up loving!

July 11, 2014 at 5:40 am

Ergo 360 and beco Gemini are both safe babies hips and can do forward facing in/out, back carry, and hip carry. The Gemini does not need a newborn insert, but I don’t know about the ergo. I’ve had and used the Gemini for over 2 years now and use it both for my 2.5 year old at 30 lbs and my 10 mo at 20 lbs. I used it with my son from birth. I rented a few from before I bought. I think there are other places that rent them too. I really wanted a ring sling but after renting one it just didn’t work for us.

Nicole Pennington
    July 11, 2014 at 6:01 am

I used the Becco Gemini. Such a great investment! We have a local breast feeding center that has tons of different carriers/wraps/slings to try on which was so nice. You should check around and see if you have anything similar. The nice thing with the Becco carrier is that it really grows well with the baby. It goes from 5lbs-35lbs. And my husband used it as much as I did!

Jenny Kottke
    July 11, 2014 at 6:02 am

The Moby~ people (Grandparents) kinda freak out because the baby’s so natural and comfortable and close to you that it can look like you’re still preggo. 🙂 Baby likes it. Definitely makes you sweat though, shared body heat so maybe that’s another reason every time I put my colicky girl in it she fell asleep. Can be intimidating to “put on” the right way at first, but honestly once you do it a few times it’s sort of like tying your laces. I like that you can toss it in the wash machine and dryer as well… easy as a blanket to bring places with you… anything else I can say? 🙂 I’m a rambler apparently~ CONGRATS on your pregnancy to you and your boys!

July 11, 2014 at 6:15 am

I loved our Moby! I also sewed up a sling, but it wasn’t as comfortable when my daughter got super chunky. I want to try out an Ergo next time. 🙂

Brittany Barker
    July 11, 2014 at 6:32 am

My sling was Mamas Milk. I loved it! They also carry a solar sling which is awesome for warm climates because it breathes really well while still protecting the baby from the sun. You can even use the sling in water. Super cool.

July 11, 2014 at 6:52 am

I made my own version of the Kozy Carrier and loved it. Equal distribution of weight, easy to fold up, all around good for us (both my husband and I)! I also borrowed a sling and used that a little bit, loved how cute the fabric was, but it wasn’t as hands-free. I agree that you should try out different ones if you have the chance.

July 11, 2014 at 6:56 am

I tried the Baby K’tan and felt like it killed my lower back. Found an Ergo Baby at Marshalls for $70 and it was the best! The strap around the waist puts all the baby’s weight on your hips instead of back. Definitely worth the money.

July 11, 2014 at 7:18 am

I loved the Ergo!! And you can carry the baby in front, back or side, so it can grow with them.

Jessica Pierson
    July 11, 2014 at 7:20 am

Hello Miss MaskCARA! Take this with a grain of salt because I am NOT a mom. HOWEVER. All THREE of my husband’s cousins (they were all sisters too so kind of fun for them) were pregnant at the same time. And I got to go to all three baby showers. All of them got a Baby Bjorn from at least one person and all the ladies there said it was the best thing. I don’t know why they said it was so awesome but, thought I’d add my two cents worth 🙂

As usual love the blog and you and can’t wait for Baby Maskcara!

The MakeupMama
    July 11, 2014 at 7:26 am

I suggest a woven wrap. The baby wearing group on in the forums, is really helpful!

July 11, 2014 at 7:34 am

If you’ve got the money, the moby wrap for the the first few months is seriously the best. Keeps them so snug and happy. And then after a few months it’s the ergo allll the way! I bought one with my daughter and now am using it with my son and we have totally gotten our money’s worth. I will always recommend it!

July 11, 2014 at 7:40 am

I’ve heard good things about the Ergo baby carrier… wish I would have given it a shot! Also, I bought this sling soon

after my son was born 3.5 months ago! I really like it & seem to get a lot of positive comments on it! It’s definitely an African type carrier, & its great to use when the baby is sleeping & cradled up next to you, or as the baby gets older & you can place baby on hip & the sling holds them on! Hope you find something you like! 🙂

July 11, 2014 at 7:58 am

I used the Moby wrap when my babies were small. It is extremely comfy for mom and baby, only con is that it takes a YEAR to get on every time, so once they were bigger i used the ergo. Not as comfy for me as the Moby, but still worth the convenience and much more comfortable than most carriers. Don’t get a bjorn!

July 11, 2014 at 8:08 am

Cara!! Ahh I love your blog!! You’re awesome!! Soo the Moby is amazing!! My son loved being in there! It’s especially nice too because it keeps them so close to you… However, during the hot days, it can get a little sweaty. But I would just put a burp cloth between his face and my chest… I hear great things about the Ergo better than the baby bjorn… When your baby gets older though and you would much rather prefer carrying your baby on your “side” rather than your front or back, the Sakura Bloom carriers are very nice!! Very expensive though!! But very nice!! I had to stop carrying my son directly in front of me because he was a little beast and would make my back ache… Carrying him on my side was MUCH nicer.. That’s just me tho.. Good luck!! && congrats!!

July 11, 2014 at 8:26 am

Baby K’TAN great for hips you get the wrap without the hassle, been using it for 3 months the only con is that it’s not one size fits all (so my husband and I crony fit the same one) a friend is still using hers on her 7 month old too

July 11, 2014 at 8:35 am

I loved my Ergo. It’s designed so it doesn’t harm baby’s hips (as can happen with Baby Bjorn-style carriers).

July 11, 2014 at 9:48 am

I’m not sure if they still make it, but Target had THE BEST carrier for about $20. The brand is called “Snugli”. It is perfect size for newborns and smaller babies. I used it all the time with my second so that I could help my little daughter/go shop/clean etc. I gave it to my sis-in-law and she used it a ton too. It’s so sturdy and just perfect! I gave a lot out as baby shower gifts too.

July 11, 2014 at 9:50 am

Just to clarify – a newborn fits into it great, but it is made to fit up to about 25 lbs as well.

July 11, 2014 at 10:01 am

i use ring slings when my babies are newborns (careful to keep them snuggled close on my chest, not down in the sling like it’s a bag); try sleeping baby productions for basic ones, or sakura bloom for beautiful but expensive linens and silks. kozy carrier is my favorite once babies have better head control and i feel comfortable with them on my back, plus it’s highly-adjustable and very comfortable for you if you’ll be carrying for a long period of time. wrapsody wraps are awesome when you’ll be putting baby in and out of the carrier often because they’re stretchy enough that you can leave them tied on your body, but they’re not as stretchy as the moby (my babies have been big and tend to sink down in really stretchy fabrics when they get to be around 12 pounds, which is like 6 weeks for us).

July 11, 2014 at 11:00 am

Babywearing was a necessity with #2 in my house. It is the easiest way to make sure everyone is feeling loved and cared for!
    Moby: mainstream stretchy wrap. good for newborn stage – 6 mo. fabric can be really hot though (for you)
    Ergo: mainstream carrier. perfect for 3 mo – toddler. comfortable to wear long periods
    Sakura Bloom: great ring sling! there are many beautiful fabrics/prints to chose from. use from newborn – toddler
    Bjorn: mainstream carrier. questionable performance. referred by many in the babywearing world as the ‘crotch dangler’…a quick google will give you the lowdown on why.
    Woven wraps: great for newborn – toddler. my personal favorite since there are so many wearing options AND don’t even get me started on the beautiful fabrics. is a great reference.
    Feel free to email me if you want any more input!

Mallory Stewart Buchyn
    July 11, 2014 at 11:06 am

I have a JJ Cole Agility stretch wrap, and baby girl and I love it! It’s like a wrap in the front, but the back is racerback style and it pulls on like a shirt. We’ve been using it since she was 4 weeks (I had to heal up some before i could wear her), still using it at 6.5 months and 21lbs! WalMart has a great knock off thats half the price.

Caroline K.
    July 11, 2014 at 11:59 am

Wow, lots of baby carrier advice, in a slight departure from that I wanted to say thanks for sharing that NYTimes article about human interaction and the benefits of saying hello. I love that concept and actually just launched a website that does exactly that, except I added fashion, cause you know. Its called Trendlyist and its like a bulletin board for admiring great style when you see it. Its all about giving people compliments and showcasing what real women are wearing around their city! Cara-I’d love your thoughts on it and I am just getting it started, but so far so good.

July 11, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Personally, I would never use a wrap because of the dangers of the baby suffocating. You should read up on that before deciding. Babies that are really young are safer being carried in an infant carseat. When they are old enough to support their heads, a carrier can be used. I’m a mother of 3 kids by the way so I know what I’m talking about. Of course everyone has their own preferences but I wouldn’t use a wrap.

July 11, 2014 at 1:31 pm

I kindly disagree with ‘babies that are really young are safer being carried in an infant carseat’ statement. Safety is first priority when wrapping and every instruction manual or video for babywearing will acknowledge that. T.I.C.K.S is the universal safety acronym for babywearing (rules for safe babywearing), it stands for Tight, In view at all times, Close enough to kiss, Keep the chin off chest and Supported back. (
      Personally, I avoided leaving my infants in their carseats whenever I could. Not to add on to the scare-factor…but an infant’s head can get into a position blocking their airway in a carseat as well. A good article to read:

July 15, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Please reference the website car seats for the littles on why leaving your child in the car seat is not a safe idea. Like anything if used properly wraps and baby carriers are great options for keeping your little ones close and your hands free.

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    July 11, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I have a baby sling and a baby carrier. I have never used the sling, but I find the baby carrier to be super helpful when I am doing thing around the house and working. I just don’t feel like the sling is safe enough though, so I don’t use it. That is just me though..maybe I bought the wrong kind? Anyways, the carrier is a bit hard on my back, but if I don’t keep it on for too long I seem to do just fine. All in all, I like the carrier because my baby girls LOVES to be held, and this allows me to get some stuff done when I would otherwise be holding her 🙂

July 11, 2014 at 12:56 pm

BOBA 3G, all the Moms I know in the Christian Mom group Im in on FB, Moms who live all over the world, all rave about it a over evrything else they try nd fits newbown to toddler…I got 1 in a great grey color for my little guy on the way, Im due in 9 weeks!

July 11, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I’ll chime in on the Ergo. Having tried all sort of carries, slings, wraps with my 3 kiddos I found that one to work best for my bum shoulder.

July 11, 2014 at 1:26 pm

We personally used a Maya wrap, but really any ring sling is phenominal! Baby Hawk is a great brand as well.

Emerald Earrings
    July 11, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I love all of these but mostly I DESPERATELY need to talk to someone about “What Alice Forgot”! I just finished it and oh my! Thank you so much for recommending it. It really touched me deeply. I’ve only been married four years but I found myself wondering what the highschool me would think about my relationship with my husband today. So powerful! Would it not make the best movie ever?

City Mouse
    July 11, 2014 at 2:53 pm

I live downtown Portland without a car (by choice) so baby wearing was a critical point of raising a daughter in the city when strollers are too much trouble (try grocery shopping with an umbrella stroller).

I used a Peanut Shell when she was an infant and made one for my husband who LOVED it. We tried a BabyHawk and it was very difficult and cumbersome. Then transitioned to a Baby Bjorn when she was about 6 months which worked great for that age because-as others have pointed out-she really liked facing out while still holding my hand. Then we transitioned through several versions of the Ergo but the Performance one was the winner. When she was 12-20 months, I carried her all over Europe and the East Coast on several trips and it worked great because she could be on my back. I found all of them on Craigslist and then sold them back so nothing cost my anything in the end. But we could have done just fine with the Peanut Shell and Ergo Performance.

There are some valid concerns about tiny babies-and I’ve heard and studied them all-but I swear I see so many women wearing babies much too low and too loose. This will quickly lead to back pain, possible suffocation, etc. If your carrier is properly fit to you and your baby, there is no possible harm to you or your little one.

And, as a side note, when there is no stroller option, they learn to walk long distances. My daughter is three and can easily hike some serious 3 to 4-milers without any trouble.

A. Joy
    July 11, 2014 at 3:16 pm

~Maya Wrap Ring Sling

I love mine! Got mine used on ebay ($40) because I wanted black.
    I sized down & tuck the ‘tail’ inside with/ sorta under baby because I didn’t care for the look of it hanging. Super comfortable!! Rings are pretty.
    Tried Moby (I felt confined & consumed by fabric 🙂 & a few other through the years.
    I’m 32 & have 6 children….with the maya ring sling I can stay active & still be close/ bonding with baby

Have fun!
    Blessing with the rest of your pregnancy & welcoming Baby

X Amber

July 11, 2014 at 3:22 pm

I am due with my third in a few months and have tried several carriers with my first two- the K’tan, Moby, Snugli, Baby Bjorn… They all worked well in infant stage, but I don’t think ANY of those work well once Baby gains a little weight. They all hurt my back (and I don’t have any sort of back problems). My personal favorite of the ones I’ve tried (again, just for when they are very small) is the Bjorn. I loved the wraps like the K’tan and Moby for overall comfort, but the Bjorn was so much easier to throw on and not have to “assemble” each time that it ended up being my “go-to” carrier.

From everything I’ve read in the past, it sounds like the Ergo is the way to go if you want to continue to carry baby after the infant stage. I’m hoping to get my hands on a good deal or borrow one from a friend this time around. It looks like a lot of your readers are recommending the Ergo as well. 🙂

Good luck!

July 11, 2014 at 3:25 pm

And I agree with City Mouse above about the safety of using a carrier- they are very safe as long as you use them correctly! She’s right- they are often worn way too low and too loose, which is where you’ll see the risk of suffocation, etc. When used properly they are a very safe option with the bonus of bonding. 🙂

July 11, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I loved the Moby Wrap for newborn and the Ergo Carrier (with infant insert) for baby through toddlerhood. My daughter had really terrible colic and the Ergo was a lifesaver 😉

July 11, 2014 at 6:34 pm

I used the Baby K’tan. I liked that it gave me the same results as a Moby, but less work. It also is not bulky at all like some of the baby carriers such as chicco, ergo, etc. As a mother of more than one I like less bulk and easiness.

July 11, 2014 at 8:18 pm

If my 9 year old still fit in her Baby Bjorne, I would still carry her in it, THAT is how much I loved it! Felt really secure and she absolutely loved being in it. I adored having her sweet little head in kissing reach!

Ruth D
    July 11, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Check out this video. If I had another baby, I’d give this a whirl.

July 11, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Love my JJ Cole Agility. It’s so easy to use and my little guy loves being in it.

July 12, 2014 at 12:38 am

With my first teensy little baby, I used a Hotsling. My second child was giant and wanted to see the action from a very early age, and also needed to be toted around a lot. With her, I used an Action Baby Carrier. It is not for tiny little newborns, but it was a complete lifesaver after just a few months and was used until she could walk. (And I handed it down to my little sister, who has called me numerous times to sing its praises.)

July 12, 2014 at 10:46 am

First, I love your blog. Second, congrats on your pregnancy. Third,you might want to check this post for baby carriers and the whole website as it’s full of great advice for pregnancy with a wicked sense of humor

July 12, 2014 at 11:05 am

I made my own version of a Moby wrap that I used when my daughter was pretty little. It worked great! I even took her hiking in it. Very safe, comfortable, adjustable, and cuddly. A less stretchy fabric (woven wrap) is great when they get a little bigger and you can put them safely on your back. I tried some slings, Baby Bjorn, etc. and I felt like they weren’t very good for her.

Jamie rowe
    July 12, 2014 at 11:09 am

I really disliked the Moby. It was just too complicated. If I have to watch a video to figure out,especially dealing with a new born, no thanks. I had a ring sling and loved it. You just have to be cautious about infant placement so that the neck isn’t being bent far forward.

July 12, 2014 at 11:20 am

Ergo is the best! Used it when my son was 6lbs and still use it now for hiking and he’s 30lbs.

Cammie B.
    July 12, 2014 at 12:14 pm

I couldnt have lived without the Bjorn when my son was a baby. Definately my most used baby “gadget”. Also have the Mobi but he didnt like it and the Bjorn was way easier to slip on and off. Just had my second 3 weeks ago and will probably use only the Bjorn again.

PS – thanks for the “What Alice Forgot” recommendation. Loved it! Was the book I had with me to pass time while in the hospiital after delivering my daughter 🙂

July 12, 2014 at 5:32 pm

The classic bjorn is a must have…babies love to face forward when able and just makes life easier. Have used with all 4 kids. Also, the ergo is great for a tired baby…way better on the back than the Bjorn. If my baby isn’t sleepy though she really hates it. Never seems to be one product that does it all.

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    July 12, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Patrick has been using a Maya Wrap (it’s a ring sling) with Henry since we got home from the hospital. I just successfully used my Mei Tai yesterday. I’ve heard amazing things about the Ergo but Henry isn’t big enough for it yet and it costs a fortune.

Lucie’s List and Pregnant Chicken have decent info about baby wearing options.

July 12, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I just had my first baby so I’m a total novice but I’m in love with my solly baby wrap! Best purchase ever. I want it in every color!

McCall J
    July 12, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Pregnant Chicken just did an awesome review on this exact topic! (I’m not affiliated with her at all, I just think it’s a rad website!)

July 13, 2014 at 4:37 am

Ok, had the Bjorn and loved it , Until I tried the Ergo carrier!!! Amazing !!! Best one out there . You could put a 5 yr old in there and you wouldn’t feel it. It sits on you hips , so it doesn’t kill your back. You will be unable to leave it home once you try it !!! So worth every penny!!!! Oh btw. I have 4 kids , so I have tried everything. Really the best !!!

Maggie F.
    July 13, 2014 at 8:36 am

Moby and ergo are hands down the best in my opinion!!! I have a bad lower back and I tried everything. I used the Moby more when my kids were newborns. It’s annoying at first bc it takes five or six times wrapping it to remember how but it’s totally worth it. And the ergo is just plain awesome so… 🙂

July 13, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Sakura bloom linen ring sling, really pretty. I have it in wheat

July 14, 2014 at 4:00 am

That heart/stamp/straightener/thing/whatever it is, is AMAZING AND I WANT ONE SO BAD! Haha!
    Also, the idea of melted lipsticks scare me a little bit haha! xx

Jottings Of Love

July 14, 2014 at 7:08 am

My baby carrier advice:
    -Avoid slings and Mobi wraps.
    -For a newborn, I preferred to just cart my little one around in our car seat.
    -For a newborn if you want a carrier, I liked the Baby Bjorn, which goes up to 25 lbs.
    -For an older baby (age 6 months and up), I like the Erogbaby, which goes up to 45 lbs.

BTW, the J.Crew shirt you like is 40% off with code HOTOUT.

July 14, 2014 at 7:13 am

*Ergobaby (spelling error in my first post)

July 14, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Baby recs aside, I’m still trying to get over Eva freakin’ Mendez having Ryan Gosling’s baby. NOOOOOOOOO! Can you imagine the looks on that kiddo? Love your blog so much. Thanks for making me laugh.

July 14, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Loved my Moby wrap. Hands down, favorite baby/toddler transport. My blue one has now been handed down through three of my friends…they each swear by it!

July 15, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I had a DYI Moby wrap made from a slightly more breathable material than a store bought one to account for the Arizona heat. Loved it. Once you learn how to tie it I used it all the time. I also carried a sling in my diaper bag that was a super easy backup.

Cristina P
    July 28, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Hi! I just found your blog and wanted to chime in about baby carriers. I didn’t wear my oldest, but I loved wearing my youngest! I tried TONS of carriers (Ergo was my least favorite…). My #1, will-never-buy-anything-else-now-that-I-know, is the Kinderpack! She started making the infant/newborn size carriers after I was already past that stage, but I’d buy one in an instant if I needed one!

I had a Moby, and it was too thick for me. I preferred the Wrapsody stretchy wrap, which is more like a t-shirt. I really liked having a short, woven wrap, though — much less fabric to deal with! In the end, the buckle carriers won me over, and eventually I found the Kinderpack and sold/traded everything else (I had several brands, but KP is the only one I can remember!). I started doing back carries when my son was 5 months old. So comfy!

July 31, 2014 at 3:00 pm
    A much less expensive version of the J. Crew shirt I have and love! It’s sooo soft!