Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites

I know that we’ve all heard this Ghandi quote, but I say it to myself all the time.
Rather than getting frustrated with the way the world is, or worrying about things I don’t have any control over, I always think of these words.
Just be the change. That’s the best thing you can do. Practice what you believe.

I’m truly obsessed with this room. SO simple. So gorgeous.

This ring is perfection.

If you want the perfect juicy summer blush…try this, it’s world rocking. (always cherry is my fav)

I’m afraid by how many of these “17 Problems a Type B Person Will Understand” apply to me…especially now that I’m pregnant… I have to fight my inner LAZY LADY like crazy!

This scarf is a MUST HAVE for your Fourth of July outfitting.

Up until very recently I’d only every tasted Macarons that were a few days old and I couldn’t for the life of me figure out with all the hubbub was about…and then I tasted a fresh one. I kind of wish I never had….

Speaking of Macarons what do you think of these new Macaron Lipsticks from NYX? I love the colors but…I’m not sure what to do with most of them!

So…Way back in January when I asked you all to weigh in on what you’d like to see more of here and what you’re interested in etc. I was surprised to see how many voiced interest in learning more about my Faith. I felt somewhat torn about that because, this is a beauty blog and I just didn’t feel it would be an appropriate place for religious discussion. Which is why I was really excited when I was approached by some ladies who run a lovely Faith based blog called The Small Seed. They asked if I would like to write a post and I was more than happy to. I decided to write about my journey and conversion to becoming a mormon and my struggles with organized religion along the way.
If you are interested in reading about that it posted today: HERE.

Right now I’m reading The Rosie Project and I’m really enjoying it so far. Have any of your read it?

Remember this AMAZINGLY gorgeous Doutzen Pink lipstick from Loreal that sold out far too quickly? Good news. IT”S BAAAAACK!

This blue polish is haunting my dreams.

I hope you guys have a lovely weekend! Don’t melt out there:)

Beth and Beauty
    June 27, 2014 at 8:18 am

I have to fight the Lazy Lady Syndrome (LLS) everyday it seems and I am not pregnant!….LOL! One of my Friday Favorite this week is what I got in the mail this week! I will give you a hint it is a new EyeShadow Palette!! Hope you will come check it out!

June 29, 2014 at 11:41 am

YAY! I can’t wait to check it out!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    June 27, 2014 at 8:29 am

I loved reading your conversion story! I’m a mormon too 🙂

June 29, 2014 at 11:42 am

Thank you Rachel! So glad to have you!

June 27, 2014 at 8:31 am

Your conversion story is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

June 29, 2014 at 11:44 am

June 27, 2014 at 8:41 am

I really liked The Rosie project ! Also I like how you respect that this is a, beauty blog and want to keep some things separate but also found a way to talk about your faith. Its a classy way to address it! 🙂

June 29, 2014 at 11:45 am

Thanks so much Meredith! I just finished it last night, it was so sweet!

June 27, 2014 at 8:45 am

Loved this whole post, but especially your faith journey. So VERY similar to my own with a different ending. I am still searching for a church home where I feel I belong and can feel good about taking my family to. Your story was great to read and glimpse some hope from-thank you for sharing!

June 29, 2014 at 11:49 am

Thank you Maria! I hope you find where you belong and I wish you the most happiness possible on the way:) Loves

June 27, 2014 at 8:46 am

I’ve just finished The Rosie Project and I loved it! I’ll be starting ‘What Alice Forgot’ next (thanks to your recommendation last week!)

Emerald Earrings
      June 27, 2014 at 2:14 pm

I’m still working on ‘What Alice Forgot’ but let me tell you it is *well* worth the read! I’m so glad she recommended it!!

June 29, 2014 at 11:53 am

I can’t wait til you finish it! Be sure to give me your report!

June 29, 2014 at 11:53 am

We are book soulmates! I read them both but in the opposite order:) You’ll love What Alice Forgot!

June 27, 2014 at 9:04 am

I really love your story on The Small Seed. I’m also really hoping you’ll take those crazy NYX lip colors and give us a good unconventional makeup tutorial. I’ve loved your recent makeovers, but I’d love to see you switch it up too!

Jennifer Scruggs
    June 27, 2014 at 9:09 am

Keep the book recommendations coming! 🙂

Gaby G.
    June 27, 2014 at 9:09 am

Thank you so much for sharing about your journey and your Faith. For the past year I’ve had doubts about my Faith as well and it’s something that I’ve had such a hard time with, since it was such a big part of my life and at times feels like the only thing I have left of my family since they passed. Reading about your journey has given me hope and I feel more at peace than I’ve felt in a long time. Your words and your honesty make a difference.

June 27, 2014 at 9:22 am

Hi Cara,
    First off…I adore you and your positivity. The only thing today I wanted to say though is regarding the quote you referred to by Gandhi. My maiden name is Gandhi and I have noticed that although so many people admire and live by Gandhi’s wisdom, they seem to so often get his name wrong. It is spelled Gandhi, not Ghandi. Just an fyi.. :))) Keep up the great work!

carmen ☮ (@CarmenVarner)
    June 27, 2014 at 9:26 am

The blue YSL polish is haunting my reality! :] // ☼

June 27, 2014 at 9:28 am

It was nice to see the spiritual side of you and read about your experience of miracles. Thank you for sharing with us something so precious to you.

June 27, 2014 at 9:35 am

Your conversion story is just what I needed to hear today, Cara. I’ve had lots of doubts about church for a long time and even considered leaving altogether. I can relate so much to those feelings of not knowing how you are going to teach your child something you don’t believe in. There are so many similarities between your story and mine, and I think God knew what I needed to hear. You gave me so much more hope that I can get through this and end up happy in the end. Thank you for sharing your story.

melanie Wiley
    June 27, 2014 at 10:14 am

Thank you for your conversion story. It was a beautiful example of finding faith in your own way. I think those with the strongest testimonies have had to have there own conversion and not just trust what others say.Thank you for sharing.

Cathy B. (@fulltimemamom)
    June 27, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Your story about your journey with the LDS church could have been mine, except that we have different endings. I couldn’t get past certain things about the church’s foundation, so I decided that ultimately it’s not for me and my family. I am happy that you found a religion that makes sense to you! I love your blog. 🙂

June 27, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I love your story. You are so real and aren’t afraid to put yourself out there, which is something I admire so much! (and why we all probably feel like we connect with you :)). Thanks for sharing something so personal, and so inspiring to me. xo

June 27, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Thanks for sharing your conversion story. I am also a Mormon. I love the happiness and sweet peace it brings into my life when I choose to live my religion.

June 27, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Cara, thank you for a being a blogger who embraces, life, beauty, and her beliefs. It is incredibly refreshing. I am so happy for all of the happiness you have found in life. Thank you for sharing with us.

Lisa Scott Provost
    June 27, 2014 at 2:58 pm

I loved The Rosie Project – hilarious, and heart-warming!

June 27, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I came upon ur blog by accident. I am so impressed with what I have read and I admire u for what u stand for, Cara. I especially loved ur post about aging. I appreciate u and ur blog.

Stacia Santa Maria
    June 27, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Speaking of macarons have you tried the to die for heavenly creation Macaron store called Lette. They are a true delight and a must try. There based out of Beverly Hills Ca. The store I first tasted that has become my favorite special treat is located in Fashion Island Newport Beach Ca. The little morsels will cost you but every bite is so worth it. You can find them on line too.

Macaron obsessed in Newport Beach

June 27, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Thank you so much for all you do. I love your blog, and you! I loved reading about your conversion and testimony. I had a similar experience with tithing, and it has been a continual source of miracles in my life. It’s those simple things that make ALL the difference. <3<3<3

June 27, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Love that ring! And the quote.
    Hope you will have time to check out my blog.

June 27, 2014 at 9:31 pm

P..S. I am a Mormon too!! Thank you for sharing your conversion story.

June 27, 2014 at 9:48 pm

I was wondering if you were Mormon and now I know for sure! Sweet! LOVE your story. I’m Mormon, too, and it’s the best thing about my life. 🙂 Thanks for sharing your journey and for all your hard work on your blog!

June 28, 2014 at 1:54 am

Can you use the NYX Macaroon Lipsticks in a tutorial? I keep going back to Ulta and looking at them, but I haven’t purchases any because I don’t know how to wear them. They are such lovely colors!! I would love to see what you would do with them!! 🙂

June 28, 2014 at 7:45 am

Just thought that I would let you know I love reading your blog and finding all new beauty tips that I can use! And I actually saw you at pizza factory last night in St. George! I thought about saying hi and taking a picture, but you were with your family (can I just say you are all gorgeous!?). Anyways, thanks for the awesome tips for makeup and hair! They’re definitely a life saver!

June 28, 2014 at 8:55 am

Loved reading your story on The Small Seed, thank you so much for sharing it.

June 28, 2014 at 9:24 am

Loved your story!!!!

June 28, 2014 at 11:28 am

Hello Cara,
    I first heard about your blog in the Allure beauty awards, and I have been hooked ever since! Thank you for all your tips, I have learned so much, but most of all for your spirit. I love the very classy and open-hearted way you share your love for life, and I feel like even though we don’t know each other that I have found a new friend. 🙂 Please keep up the great work, and please know that what you do and who you are brings joy, inspires, and lifts others, thank you!

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    June 29, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Just bought the ring. I also now own 2 kimonos inspired by your style 🙂

June 30, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I loved your conversion story so much! It was so genuine and honest. I feel that as a whole in the LDS community (I am LDS myself) we are perfectionists and so admitting our imperfections and our difficult times of faith can be a challenge. I absolutely loved it! Thanks for sharing! It was just the boost I needed today! 🙂

July 1, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Have you seen the Lorac pro 2 yet? I just got it at Ulta today and it’s amazing!