Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites

I think I get confused at what humility means sometimes, I like the way he put this.

Honey Blueberry Cheese Danish. Two please.

I think I’ve reached clinical proportions on my eye shadow palette purchases right now. I can’t stop.  I might have a problem…at any rate…here’s my latest purchase…. I’ve already used it in my latest tutorial (Which I promise will be ready to go next week!)

I also recently grabbed a an oldie slash major cult classic. Clinique’s Black Honey. I had one of these years ago and was itching to get it back in my arsenal again. SUCH a gorgeous natural looking color.

Did you know Anthropologie is having a gigantic sale? Cause they are. I tried this dress on the other day and LOVED it but the price tag was too hefty ($98) but now it’s $69! Much more reasonable. I might get THIS gorgeous steal too, for after I have the baby.

Remember a few weeks ago when I asked about whether or not I should get a pregnancy pillow and you all vehemently agreed that I should? Well, THANK YOU. This beautiful bad boy is possibly the best $100 bucks a gal could spend in an entire lifetime. I never want to sleep without it again. Ever.

I think my hair is about long enough for this look now, I’m experimenting getting it to look exactly like that.

Hope you all have a glorious summer weekend!

June 20, 2014 at 4:43 am

Ahh!! That Pinterest picture has been one of my hair favs forever! I have wavy hair but it doesn’t do THAT. If anyone can make it happen, you can! 🙂 I really liked the allure cover you did for June, such an easy, natural look.

June 20, 2014 at 5:52 am

I’m 13 weeks into my first pregnancy and I bought that same pillow after reading about it on here…I agree!!! Best purchase ever!!! I really enjoy reading all of your posts, Cara!

June 20, 2014 at 7:12 am

Love the hair and can’t wait to see the video. Mine is long enough but I need your instructions or it’s a no I’m not pregnant and I want the pillow! Look so comfy!!

June 20, 2014 at 7:34 am

I literally mouthed “Yes!” (Because I’m at work) and pumped my fist after I saw the picture you pinned, lol. I took that exact same picture to my hairdresser last week and asked her to give me that haircut. I love my hair but she ran out of time so she couldn’t style my hair that way and I haven’t been able to do it myself so I’m super, super excited to see what you come up with!!

Ashlee Cartwright Gleave
    June 20, 2014 at 7:53 am

I just ordered the lip color!!! Could you post a picture of you wearing it? I would like to see what it looks like on. Thanks!!

June 20, 2014 at 8:01 am

Heads up Cara/loyal readers: I just noticed that HauteLook is having a big sale on products by the Balm…I believe I’ve seen you use at least a few of these, so thought I’d share! I know this looks like spam, but it’s not!! 🙂

(This is my referral link, but you can also just google “HauteLook”)

June 20, 2014 at 8:05 am

Ok, must buy more eye shadow. It’s the one area of makeup that I really struggle with! And thank you for the link!! xoxo!

June 20, 2014 at 8:22 am

I have pinned that hairstyle about 500 times!!!! Can’t wait for the tutorial because I’m taking that picture to my hairstylist this week! What would we DO without you Cara?!

Emerald Earrings
    June 20, 2014 at 10:00 am

Oh my goodness gracious! I’ve had that photo saved on my phone for over a YEAR. Don’t have a clue who that girl is but I’m so in love with her hair! Can’t wait to see your tutorial!

Amanda June
    June 20, 2014 at 10:58 am

when you get that hairstyle down please do a tutorial! my hair’s about the same length and i love that look! 🙂 (mine’s super thin though)

June 20, 2014 at 11:21 am

I love that Pinterest photo! I have yet to get it down.. although my hair is long enough. Post when you figure it out!

xo Natasja

Beth and Beauty
    June 20, 2014 at 11:54 am

beautiful hair look

Ashley @
    June 20, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Oooh! I love Black Honey! It’s just rich enough to make me feel edgy without looking too intense with my “fair maiden” skin. I even wrote a post about it a while back:

June 20, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Cute dresses! You’ll look adorable in them! Also, love that hairstyle. I have it pinned too! 🙂

Heidi D.
    June 20, 2014 at 3:41 pm

LOVE that palette Cara! Thanks for sharing. Hope you are feeling well these days:)

Heidi D.

June 20, 2014 at 3:54 pm

I have been wanting that same shadow palette!! That, and the Naked III. We need to see a picture of the black honey on you!

June 21, 2014 at 12:25 am

Cara, thank you SO much for sharing all those goodies! I particularly love that dress, the neckline is super pretty and flattering. I would love to get that pregnancy pillow for my youngest sister! She is pregnant with her 4th baby, due in November. I have always wanted to try that Clinique Black Honey lipstick. I think I shall!! The tunic is way cute also! Looks like a dress. 🙂 I hope you are well, Cara, and taking good care of yourself. Thank you for all that you do, you do so much!!! 🙂

June 21, 2014 at 7:59 pm

I love that quote. I saw it somewhere and thought, that’s really nice 🙂
    I think this post just made me want to go shopping.. I’m going to try so hard to forget the urge.

June 22, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Hey Cara! I can’t for the life of me find your post on what type of oil you recommend to use on your face. I looked through the beauty index and also did a search with the search bar. Help!!

Becka T
      June 22, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Idk if she’s ever recommended a facial oil, per say, but she does use coconut oil to remove eye makeup – best tip ever, in my opinion!

June 25, 2014 at 10:11 am

Grace, I have adult acne prone skin, which is sensitive and loves to be both oily and flaky at the same time. Sounds like a hot mess, right? Well, I switched over to using exclusively pure virgin coconut oil (Got it from Trader Joes) as my moisturizer and I’m in HEAVEN! I also tried 100% pure argan oil, but I felt like it didn’t stay soft throughout the day like coconut oil. Another great one if you like to splurge NUXE dry oil. It’s a pretty penny, but it works well and you can use it as a moisturizer, mix in a couple drops with other products etc. It smells wonderful too.

But, for $7, I’ll stick with my coconut oil. My complexion is noticeably more even and less flaky.

Best of luck!

Becka T
    June 22, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Cara! You bought the IT palette! 😀

Molly Gardner
    July 2, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Yay! You got the palette! I’m editing my video on it now. Are you totally obsessed with it?