Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites.

My mom has this quote up in her bathroom and every time I read it I love it more.

abclife

I just got done absolutely devouring THIS book. It’s about a woman who passes out in 2008 and wakes up thinking it’s 1998. She lost 10 years. Reading along while she navigates her 39 year old life with a 29 year old mind, made me think a lot about my own life. What I want for my future and what I felt in my past. I kept thinking: If my 19 year old self woke up in my life, what would she think about it all? It’s is a must read!

Speaking of books. The Fault in Our Stars movie might just have been THE BEST book to movie I have ever witnessed! Everything was PERFECT! I’m curious though, did any of you watch it having not read the book? I’m interested at what you thought about it without having the book as a background. On the other hand if you did read it, did you love the movie as much as I did? Was there anything you would have changed?

I’m loving this makeup bag.

And I want these sunglasses WAY too much. I’m just so afraid of spending a lot on sunnies cause I always lose them.

I want THIS for my next makeup tutorial. Isn’t it perfection? (I’m filming THIS hair tutorial tomorrow!)

Ever since I skipped the indulgence on National Donut Day (even though my instagram was LITTERED with delicious looking treats) I can’t get them out of my head.
I want this one & this one & pretty much any donut at all. I just know it’s going to make me sick but…it might be worth it anyway?

Hope you all have a lovely wonderful weekend!

signature

59 Comments

Erica
    June 13, 2014 at 4:50 am

Where can I get that poster?! My boys’ playroom needs it immediately! !

June 15, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I made that! It’s yours to use however you want! Plus it’s a pretty big image (but if it’s not big enough shoot me an email and I’ll send you one!!)

Divya
    June 13, 2014 at 4:57 am

The sunglasses are perfect for the beach!! Can’t wait for the hair tutorial! That makeup bag is such a classic shape! very lady-like and professional at the same time!

My favorites from MAC | TheConscienceFund| My Bloglovin’

Divya
    June 13, 2014 at 4:58 am

My favorites from MAC | TheConscienceFund

June 15, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Thanks gorgeous!

Beth
    June 13, 2014 at 5:38 am

I’m reading The Hypnotists Love Story right now and I am loving it! What Alice Forgot is waiting on my nightstand. Have you read The Husbands Secret yet? It’s very good. I love how Liane Moriarty makes you think without being too heavy. I can relate to all of the characters and see all side of the her stories.

June 15, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I totally agree! I did read The Husband’s Secret and LOVED it, totally why I picked up Alice. I guess that means I better start THLS right!?

Allison M
    June 13, 2014 at 5:41 am

My husband & I both have those aviators & they’ve held up so well. I always used to ruin sunglasses too, but they come with such a hearty case that it keeps them protected. So worth it! I feel like they make any outfit more [email protected]__. Lol. You know what I mean 😉

June 15, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Totally agree. Glad to have your vote of confidence! Thanks!!

Becky
    June 13, 2014 at 5:54 am

I don’t know if you even shop on Zulily or not, but these exact Ray ban glasses are on sale for $139.99. Just thought I’d share!

June 15, 2014 at 9:38 pm

WHAT!? Thank you so so much! I’m headed over!

Emerald Earrings
    June 13, 2014 at 5:59 am

I have been wondering what I should read next! I’m hoping to start this book tomorrow, looks amazing!

June 15, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Let me know what you think!

lynn
    June 13, 2014 at 6:06 am

Is it bothering anyone else that the F is missing?

Debra
      June 13, 2014 at 7:56 am

LOL. Didn’t notice until you pointed that out! F is “Forgive”. Guess we’ll have to ‘forgive’ the error 😉

lynn
        June 13, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Then Forgive, I shall. Love it =0)

June 15, 2014 at 9:39 pm

EEK! I don’t know how I missed that! Forgive is my favorite one!! (added!)

Deborah
      June 13, 2014 at 7:59 am

I have a different looking version of this poster, Lynn, called “The ABC’s of Life” and the “F” is for “forgive”. Pretty important I’d say.

Allie
    June 13, 2014 at 6:06 am

I love that poster as well. Thank you for always being so positive and upbeat!

Also, on a totally unrelated note, did you find any of those expensive products from your Sephora gift card haul worth it? Such as the Argan Milk or the YSL lipstick?

June 15, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Thank you! Yes 1,000 times yes on the lipstick and I definitely like the Argan Milk but I don’t know if it’s totally worth the splurge. l’m not dying over it..but I do like it. If it were less pricy I’d probably be more enthused:)

Kiersten m
    June 13, 2014 at 6:20 am

so i am the exact same way with sunglasses and found some that look just like the ray bans on jane.com for like $4! there are still on the sight if you are interested just towards the end. i’m sure they are no were near the same quality, but i always always lose or break mine so its not worth it to me to spend the money. and i am in love with the makeup look!!

June 15, 2014 at 9:42 pm

hhaha that’s probably what I’ll end up doing, I’m pretty scared to lose something like that!

Beth and Beauty
    June 13, 2014 at 7:02 am

Oh! my Gosh! I would love to have those sunglasses, blue tint!!Love!!! I also love that makeup bag. I have to confess I didn’t even look at the donuts because I would be too tempted…..LOL! I just posted a post of NuMe special offer going on right now on hair care products. Just click on my name if you want to see what they are literally giving away!!

June 15, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Thanks Beth!

Kayla
    June 13, 2014 at 7:07 am

I did not think that The Fault In Our Stars was good. To me it was uninteresting and boring having not read the book. It was sad, and I did cry, but I was bored like 90% of the time.

June 15, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I wonder if I would have felt that way if I didn’t read it! I can imagine I would have been much more detached:)

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    June 13, 2014 at 7:10 am

Yay! I am so excited for your next hair tutorial 🙂 And I need to read that book! Everyone keeps saying how amazing it is!

June 15, 2014 at 9:55 pm

YES! You will love it!

Amber
    June 13, 2014 at 7:51 am

I read the book before watching the movie and I think they did the book justice. I ugly cried myself through the movie despite thinking that I was emotionally prepared by knowing what’s going to happen. I thought the movie captured the whimsical cynicism perfectly and my goodness the chemistry between the actors portraying Hazel and Augustus perfection.

June 15, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Agree 1,000 times agree! haha major ugly cry here too!

Carissa @ Pretty/Hungry
      June 19, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Could not agree more! Totally did the book justice and captured the mood perfectly. And Gus and Hazel’s interactions had me goofy-grinning about as badly as they were throughout the movie… sooooo cute.

wishesandreality
    June 13, 2014 at 8:02 am

Nordstrom BP has an identical pair for $12! I picked those up, because I’m not sure how long the mirrored trend is going to stick around.

Heidi

June 15, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Thank you!

Katelyn
    June 13, 2014 at 8:53 am

Hi Cara 🙂 If you liked the book What Alice Forgot, try reading The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown. The book is about 3 sisters and their different life changes. I just moved to a new area and I was in tears by the end of the book (I don’t know if it was the timing or what, but all of a sudden I was bawling and my husband was laughing at me). Also, I saw The Fault in our Stars without reading the book, and I am definitely going to read the book now! I thought the movie was very moving and it made me want to love more and go on adventures without regrets. I’m already thinking I’m going to go see it again…

Jessica
    June 13, 2014 at 8:55 am

Excited to see these upcoming tutorials!

Emily C
    June 13, 2014 at 10:00 am

I saw The Fault in Our Stars without having read the book, and actually not knowing much about it at all, and I really liked it. 🙂

Miki
    June 13, 2014 at 11:52 am

LOL great post 🙂

Cathy B. (@fulltimemamom)
    June 13, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I’ve read all of Liane Moriarty’s books! They are so good. I love that they’re set in Australia. Three Wishes is hilarious. 🙂

Emily
    June 13, 2014 at 3:01 pm

yes! TFIOS was the best book to movie id ever seen… so pleased with it!

Diane
    June 13, 2014 at 5:20 pm

The words on that quote poster are now engraved in my brain. Words to live by, for sure. 🙂 I can’t wait to see The Fault In Our Stars. It’s not out here in Ireland until Friday, the 20th and it bugs me. Imagine having to wait 2 weeks behind everybody else? Glad you loved it though Cara. From what I’ve heard and read about the movie, I know I’m in for a treat. Can’t wait. But first I need to actually finish reading the book. Pass me the tissues? haha.

slccanatomy42
    June 13, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Most importantly, I love that makeup! Also, the poster misspells reciprocate. I only point it out because I get so frustrated when I print something and find the spelling error after the fact!

Amy
    June 13, 2014 at 7:01 pm

You need to read Liane Moriarty’s “The Husband’s Secret! So good!

kellysparklesandshoes
    June 13, 2014 at 7:22 pm

What a great quote!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Boni
    June 14, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Can’t wait for the makeup tutorial! Prettiest look EVER. I love aviator sunglasses, I used to have a pair. I need to get another. I want a mirrored pair! It’s acts like a barrier between yourself and other people. Plus it looks super cool. 🙂

June 15, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Haha I totally agree! Thanks Boni!!

Boni
    June 14, 2014 at 3:25 pm

John Green’s “The Fault in Our Stars” book was most excellent!! It made me laugh in certain parts and cry a lot in others. I used my blanket and sheet to wipe away my tears. I am reading John Green’s “An Abundance of Katherines” right now. I also have John Green’s “Paper Towns” and “Looking for Alaska”. I noticed he has a bunch of other books on Amazon that I didn’t know about! So of course I am going to get the whole collection of his. 🙂 I got “TFIOS” book for one of my older sisters for her birthday recently. She’s very excited to read it! I hope to be able to catch this flick on Sunday with some Kleenex tissue at the ready!

Alyssa
    June 14, 2014 at 3:31 pm

thanks for the new desktop wallpaper girl!! I love it!

Also, I was able to find Doutzen Nude in Rite Aid today! (I live in Jersey if that’s relevant) – One of your readers said it’s also available at Ulta! I believe it’s being relaunched for summer, but don’t quote me on that! Just thought I’d let you know in case you want to stock up!! xox <3

Jennifer
    June 14, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Overstock for the raybans….got mine in the mail today $119 total for the blue mirrored

Heidi
    June 14, 2014 at 8:31 pm

I love the poster! My son has those Ray Bans (or did) and he gets all those expensive things on ebay for a very nice price and when he is done- he sells them again. So give ebay a try, I think alot of people forget about ebay. Even if used, ask for close up pictures, ask about scuffs/scratches- you can find like new items cheap.

Cat
    June 14, 2014 at 11:17 pm

I love that book! My 12 year old self would think I’m the biggest failure — my life has not turned out in the way I expected it to, but I have gained things that I never thought I would have at this point in my life! It just made me think about my life and what I value over everything else.

Jennifer Nieczypor
    June 15, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I loved What Alice Forgot. Great book!

I have to see TFIOS. I read the book but still haven’t seen the movie. 22 Jump Street was a hilarious alternative though lol.

Brooke
    June 16, 2014 at 11:07 am

I read the book because of your recommendation and I also agree that it was the best book to movie I have seen! I loved it and cried like a big baby. My friend who went hadn’t read the book but she also loved it and started crying as soon as the movie began. I knew she would be in trouble near the end. I was totally dreading the end of the movie.

Denise McCormick
    June 16, 2014 at 2:10 pm

I read The Husband’s Secret first, loved it, and have in the last month (yikes!) made my way through all of her books–just finishing last week with What Alice Forgot. So good! She has a new one coming out in July called Big Little Lies. I haven’t seen the TFIOS movie yet, but loved the book and am happy to see your positive review of the movie. I’ve read your blog for a while but have never commented, but I so appreciate your positive and refreshing celebration of all kinds of beauty. Thank you for that.

Jennae Mitchell
    June 16, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I just bought similar looking sunglasses from Oldnavy for $16-ish (I don’t really remember.) just a week ago. Take a look there first!

kristine
    June 17, 2014 at 1:08 am

Love the quote. It has a positive and fresh vibes which makes me feel calmer than before while reading it. Thank you for sharing.

Meghan
    June 17, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I have not read TFIOS (and in fact never even heard of it until about 2 weeks ago). Then last week my friends who had all read the book wanted to go. I admit I was nervous and thought it would be a waste of time because it’s “not my kind of movie.” I thought it would just be a rehash of A Walk to Remember, and I wasn’t jazzed. I told my friend this and I think she nailed it on the head when she said, “Well, I guess you could say the premise is kinda sorta the same in that it involves teenagers with cancer, BUT TFIOS is much more INTELLIGENT”. After seeing it I totally agree. I actually didn’t cry during the movie (I guess there’s a dark hole where my heart should be haha), but it obviously touched me because I’ve thought about it many times since. I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone else out there who’se been living in a box like I have and hasn’t read the book, but to me it was a movie about love, selflessness, facing and overcoming the pain that will eventually stare each of us in the face, etc. Worth a watch in my opinion 🙂

Carissa @ Pretty/Hungry
      June 19, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Love your thoughts! The book/movie teaches some amazingly insightful truths. “Pain demands to be felt.” and “It is possible to live with pain.” are two the struck me the most.

Carissa @ Pretty/Hungry
    June 19, 2014 at 12:24 pm

I feel exactly the same way… BEST book-turned-movie I have EVER seen! I always hope they’ll have the main character doing a voice-over narration to provide insight into his/her thoughts throughout the movie and rarely does it happen… until this one! Plus, their on-screen chemistry was utterly adorable (could not keep the goofy grin off my face). And the very few things they did change from the book were A-Ok with me. Like Gus’s cute line on the airplane… “Actually, SHE is “just friends.” I’m not.”

day 6: my five summer reads | this is my m{dot}
    July 6, 2014 at 1:10 pm

[…] excited about my next read what alice forgot which was a recommendation from blogger cara from maskcara. i’m loving it […]