Before & Afters Makeup

Makeover Monday – Sarah

This is one of my favorite makeovers of all time!
Sarah is such a beautiful girl – her eyes and brows totally reminded me of Megan Fox. When I said that she burst out laughing like I was a crazy person, but I’m right, huh?
She is going through police academy right now and just had to get pepper sprayed in the face, so she TOTALLY deserved a relaxing makeover. #girlpower:)

The dealio:

First I started with some primer, she seemed a little dry so I used Amazing Cosmetics Anti-Aging Primer ( I just got it and have been trying it out lately, it’s very silky and smooth!) I think that really helped making the foundation look soft and smooth instead of rough or cakey, since I used a full coverage foundation.
Next I applied Makeup Forever HD Foundation #140 on her whole face with a beauty blender.
For any blemishes I went through after using a little foundation brush and tapped them with concealer then powdered them a bit to make it stick. {Here’s a video on that technique}
I really wanted to bring out those blues AND I was kinda on the whole Megan Fox train so I decided to go really true gold on her lids and under her eyes. I used Instagator from the Pretty Rebel Palette but if you do’t have the palette and just want a single MAC Goldmine is very similar.
Then I used Black Liquid Liner Just on top right near the lash line and dragging it about a lash length outside the end of her eyes to elongate and and open them a bit.
And some Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara on top and bottom (she has fabulous lashes!)
For her brows I used MAC Smut, instead of Brun because her hair is so dark black that the Brun didn’t look dark enough, the smut was a perfect match!
OK back to the rest of the face-
I blended some Maskcara Ruby blush into her cheeks, which gives a perfect snow white flushed look then I went through and did some HACing…
WITH THE NEXT GENERATION OF IIID foundation products!!!!! ( sorry for yelling, I’m excited…)
So this time around I’m expanding the color options and making the kit refillable and personalize-able. Within that will be options for people who prefer to wear traditional foundation then go through after and add the highlight and contour – which is what I did on her.
I used my detail contour creme around the edges of her face, beneath her cheek bones, on her chin and down the sides of her nose – I get a lot of questions about this one in particular and my number one concern if it isn’t working for you check the products you’re using! If the color isn’t right – it will look really weird. I recommend trying an ashier product like NYX Taupe blush and practicing a bit before you give up on the technique! Be sure to make the dark color start at  your eyebrows as well so that it doesn’t begin out of nowhere. Also the contour is only half the battle the highlight down the center make it all come together. I like to use a small concealer brush and try to make as straight of line as possible down the center with a highlighting concealer.  I used my highlighting concealer under her eyes, on her brow bone, down the center of her nose and on her chin beneath her lip. Then I gave her a little glow with Maskcara  Pearl Illuminator
To line her lips I used a really teensy eyebrow liner from MAC because I wanted a really precise line but I didn’t want it to look “lined” per say. Then blended it a bit and added some NYX Gloss in Dolly girl, LOVE this color!

Chrissy Marie
    June 9, 2014 at 4:37 am

what a lovely woman!!! Great makeover!

Mocha And Moccasins
    June 9, 2014 at 4:40 am

I really like what you did with her brows – I wish I had darker eyebrows!
    Anyone sprayed in the face with pepper spray deserves a makeover!

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    June 9, 2014 at 5:18 am

Awesome! I just bought the Tanwise this weekend so I will do my first self tanning ever with it on Wednesday… Eek 🙂

June 9, 2014 at 10:53 am

Good luck! You’ll love it just remember to exfoliate and take your time!

June 9, 2014 at 5:30 am

Great makeover, I love the look. May I ask what color lip liner you used in the makeover?

June 9, 2014 at 10:51 am

Yes! Sorry for not adding that! I used brunette – it looks alot darker in the photo!

June 9, 2014 at 5:31 am

You are ridiculously talented and I love how you get so excited about what you do. It’s contagious

June 9, 2014 at 10:52 am

Thank you so much!! I think I was driving my family crazy lady night with my excitement, I couldn’t stop talking about how beautiful Sarah is! Haha

June 9, 2014 at 5:37 am

Wow!! just beautiful! I am always curious what the ladies say after they look in the mirror. They always look so good! I love it that they don’t look like they have a bunch of makeup on. I wish I could just spend an hour with you for you to show me how to do my own. 🙂

June 9, 2014 at 10:51 am

She was so cute when she looked in the mirror, she turned bright red and just couldn’t stop giggling!! That’s actually been a pretty typical response so I’ve started talking the after before they look so they aren’t bright red! Haha of you ever make your way to Utah let me know and I will!!

June 9, 2014 at 5:59 am

I love monday makeovers.

June 9, 2014 at 6:00 am

Your makeovers are incredible! I’m always amazed at the transformation…but everyone always looks so natural. Great job!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    June 9, 2014 at 6:08 am

Your makeovers seriously blow me away every single time. I wish you could do my makeup everyday because I have so much to learn haha 😉

June 9, 2014 at 6:14 am

Have you decided if you’ll do a pre-sale on the next-gen products before they’re actually ready to release? I’ve hit pan in a major way on both highlight and contour and am getting anxious about running out. Demand has surpassed supply for medium every time you’ve had it available so, I’m all about putting down a deposit or paying in full up-front if it helps you get better information on quantities to order (and making sure I get some 🙂 ). You could do a blog post with a sample of each new product so we know the options then open pre-sales for them.

June 9, 2014 at 10:47 am

Yes!! I will definitely be doing presales this time around as soon as I’m given a date on release! I’m starting to get really anxious about it too but this time I think we have ordered plenty and we should have stock around for a long while!

June 9, 2014 at 6:17 am

Lovely! Maybe the criminals will be distracted by her beautiful face and not resist arrest 🙂

Beth and Beauty
    June 9, 2014 at 7:06 am

Wow! That was a awesome makeover!! How do you get to be one of your makeover subjects! If you could make me look that flawless, you would be crowned queen. Which you should be crowned that anyway…….LOL!

June 9, 2014 at 10:45 am

Haha you’re so cute!! Where do you live!!

June 9, 2014 at 7:07 am

She is gorgeous! ONE QUESTION: it seems that you colored her eyebrows a little closer together. How do you make it stay? When I try to do that, it appears more translucent than the rest of my brows and it is hard to create such a distinct line without having it appear blurry. PLEASE HELP!

June 9, 2014 at 11:06 am

Emily, try using some eyeshadow primer on your brows and the area where you want to add brows… that worked for me!

June 9, 2014 at 7:17 am

So beautiful. You are so talented. Can’t wait for the medium to be available.

June 9, 2014 at 8:15 am

That is one of the best before and after makeovers that I have ever seen! It gives me hope for my own transformation! Can’t wait for the new products!

June 9, 2014 at 8:23 am

Love it, you are so amazing! I am so happy to hear about your next generation IIID! I love your contour but like to use my go to foundation. I have been searching everywhere to find a contour similar to yours with no success. Thank you for making it available for refills!

The Makeupmama
    June 9, 2014 at 8:40 am

Great makeover! I’m really loving her blush.

June 9, 2014 at 9:00 am

Beautiful! I noticed you recommend the Makeup Forever HD for photographs on “The Prettilist”. Do you ever recommend it for everyday? I ask because I have A LOT of red in my skin. Maybe I should just go get a sample at Sephora. I love that they offer samples of everything!

June 9, 2014 at 10:44 am

Yes! It is a gorgeous foundation of you feel more comfortable with a full coverage I say get a sample Pronto and see what you think! I love using the beauty blender to apply it because it goes on so natural looking when you do!

June 9, 2014 at 9:27 am

Amazing transformation!

Amber Johnson
    June 9, 2014 at 9:33 am

For someone who didn’t have good luck with your makeup the first time, I’m excited to try the new and improved versions! I was just wondering if the formulas have changed at all? I could never get the highlight color to fully blend into my skin and not settle in my pores no matter what technique I used (Beauty Blender, cleansing with the Clarisonic, Sephora’s Pro Airbrush 56, or Porefessional Primer). Thanks!

Bobbi C.
    June 9, 2014 at 10:36 am

She also reminds me a lot of a brunette Evan Rachel Wood:

Laura L.
    June 9, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Wow! You are an artist! Beautiful! I always look forward to Makeover Monday.

June 9, 2014 at 2:43 pm

I am blown away by the difference in her nose. seriously in need of video!

June 9, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Wow, you are very talented!!!!

June 9, 2014 at 4:00 pm

You are amazing! Best makeover ever. She is just beautiful. I love how natural the makeup looks. Highlights all the best parts of her features. I have to say that most of the women you do a makeover on have even skin tone and no flaws. I have dark circles, freckles, dark spots and occasional acne marks so this one is much more “real” to me.

November 5, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Yes! I was thinking the same thing. They’re all beautiful but this makeover stood out as being more relateable to me too.

June 9, 2014 at 4:07 pm

She is beautiful! Love the makeover. What kind of curling iron do you use? Her hair looks as straight as mine and I always have a hard time keeping a curl in.

Lindsay Anne
    June 9, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Sarah looks so gorgeous! Thanks for all the details on how you did her makeup! And I’m so excites for mor HAC foundation!!! The original medium compact is perfect for me so I hope you will continue to have that!

June 9, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Astounding! What a beautiful makeover for a very deserving lady! Sarah, you are lovely.

June 9, 2014 at 6:24 pm

What an amazing job – yet another makeover success!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

June 9, 2014 at 6:54 pm

I think even the smallest amount of makeup can transform someone’s looks and most likely enhance it 🙂 this is really beautiful, thanks for sharing

June 9, 2014 at 7:38 pm

amazing makeover!!!!!!! you are so talented. my hubby and in Utah for three years and miss it every single day! I wish we were still there so I could come by and get a makeover. just one more reason to visit this summer! 🙂

Madi carson
    June 9, 2014 at 8:06 pm

This is amazing!! I know you probably get asked this ALL the time. But I live in utah county and I was wondering how people get to be your makeover Monday subjects! I would absolutely love to be able to do that! I watch your videos over and over and I can never get it as perfect as you can and I would love to know how 🙂

June 10, 2014 at 5:23 am

Wow gorgeous!! You are so amazing at what you do!!

Ibis Ventura
    June 10, 2014 at 6:16 am

It’s very nice, but I think the rightt brow looks darker than the right brow.

Christina Cole
    June 10, 2014 at 9:22 am

Gorgeous makeover!! Have you moved to Saint George yet? Are you doing makeovers here? Of so I live here and would love one!

Christina Cole
      June 10, 2014 at 9:24 am

‘If’ so I live here and would love one!!

June 10, 2014 at 11:31 am

Hello Cara I have been wanting to post a comment for a while now with out saying how awesome you are every other sentence 🙂 so I will try to stay on point 😉 I am a mother with four lovely daughters, I have always been a little afraid of makeup because nobody has taught me how to apply it correctly and I don’t want to look like Lucille Ball (now days). I have always put eye makeup on (becoming a pallet hoarder) and just recently started wearing foundation (I’m 28). Now thanks to you I have learned a TON!! and making my mommy look not so beat down LOL and thanks to you I will be able to teach my daughters the correct use of makeup. So I say all that (and probably to much) to say I was wondering if you could maybe start something new?? (oh the constant demand of the public, right 😉 ) What I was wondering if you could take a pic. of these lovely ladies (they are all so lovely) with the way they apply their daily makeup? and maybe you could go from there and do your art work. Kinda like your do’s and don’ts of makeup page, only that you are showing us maybe what we are already good at and what we need a little help on (ok maybe a lot of help on). but I can’t help but think (and I do see) that their are a ton of woman already doing a good job with their daily makeup but just need a little direction in the right place. Like me I feel like I do a pretty good job in my eyes, foundation and thanks you HACing, but I do not do my brows or put blush on (again afraid to look like Lucille Ball 😉 ) I have watched your videos ad they are very helpful but my brows are alrady pretty thick and full, and the blush well I’m just not there yet. So maybe another way to help us lost ladies is a Twist it up Tuesday or Touch up Thursday (I don’t know I’m not very good at this LOL) I’m looing at this “Comment ” and should have sent a e-mail. I am so sorry for this long message. I hop you have a good day>

June 10, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Are you the eyebrow master or what?? I’m amazed and in awe of your fabulous talent. Did you do a video for this one too? In future videos, can you show the entire brow work? I think the brows really make the look…

June 11, 2014 at 4:00 am

Another great makeover. You’ve done so many and they are all great, but I would love a video with this one. At this point I don’t feel more pictures really teach anything more than you have in the past like a video could.

Brianna Stafford
    June 11, 2014 at 9:16 am

Hi Cara, Your Makeover Mondays are what keep me looking forward to the otherwise less-loved day of the week!

I followed your self tanner advise from a while back and wrote about you in my blogpost yesterday. Thanks for your great product reviews! They are so useful.

Brianna Stafford

Erin V
    June 12, 2014 at 9:08 am

Hi Cara! I’ve followed you for a while and tell people your make-up tips have changed my life!! Lol. A while back you recommended an alternative to the highlight color in your medium HAC pack but I can’t find it…..until you release the next gen, can you tell me what that is again? I already have the NYX taupe blush for contour. I’m scraping the corners of my HAC pack!! And love it! So I’m super excited for the roll-out of your new formula! You’re doing such a great job handling the many many impatient people and keep such a great attitude! God Bless!

June 12, 2014 at 11:57 am

WOW!!! Amazing!

June 14, 2014 at 12:24 am

So gorgeous! I wish you lived in Florida, I would definitely find a way to get a makeover from you. MY eyebrows need your help! They are seriously like invisible most days.

JuliaBobbin (@JuliaBobbin)
    June 18, 2014 at 7:50 pm

What a babe! She is already beautiful but you perfectly enhanced it 🙂 I just can’t WAIT for your new makeup to be released. It’s KILLING me! 🙂

June 19, 2014 at 2:53 pm

She’s gorgeous! Totally get what you were saying about megan fox-gorgeous sparkly blue eyes

June 25, 2014 at 6:33 pm

gorgeous, you really played up her eyes. did she laugh before or after the makeover?

21 Photos That Demonstrate The Power Of Makeup – CookieCoCo
    January 19, 2015 at 7:25 pm

[…] […]

March 18, 2015 at 3:40 am

She Looks beautiful and reminds me more of Kate Middleton than of Megan Fox.

GlossyFinds: Get Gorgeous, Get Glamorous, Get Glossified