Before & Afters Makeup

Makeover Monday – Skye

Skye is such a beautiful woman. I can tell you that she definitely doesn’t give herself near enough credit – she is inherently unaware of how amazing she is. She’s a lovely friend, devoted wife and mother and the most frugal Lululemon enthusiast I’ve ever met. I just love her.
When I did her makeover her husband went absolutely gaga over her glam look.
So in return she made us dinner and my husband pretty much went gaga over that…so this makeover was pretty much a win win for everybody:)
I really love her natural coloring so I wanted to do something smokey in the eyes but other than that just enhance what she’s already got going on.
What I used:

For coverage and contouring I used IIID foundation in Sunlit and stone
To fill her brows I used MAC Brun (I really wanted to make her brows look super sexy so I focused on a high come-hither arch:)
Around her eyes I used a black liner and then smudged it out with Taupe from the Lorac Pro Palette (any medium brown shadow would work!)
I piled some Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara on her lashes then
Blended some Maskcara Blush in Pink Grapefruit into the checks
Dusted some Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer around the outside of her face and on her cheeks to add a little sunkissing.
Lined her lips with NXY Taupe liner and filled them with Milani Gloss in Pink Lady

(FIY I was a bit confused about the dates for the filmed video makeover I talked about last week that I’ll be doing with Allure Insiders it should be THIS week! I’ll be sure to post it when they do!)

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    June 2, 2014 at 5:15 am

So pretty!

June 2, 2014 at 5:33 am

Beautiful! You really did a great job.

Beth and Beauty
    June 2, 2014 at 5:51 am

She was beautiful before you did the makeup but Wowza!! She was glamorous and gorgeous afterwards also!! You are such a great makeup artist!

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    June 2, 2014 at 7:07 am

I love how glamorous she looks while still looking very much like herself.

June 2, 2014 at 7:16 am

I love seeing the makeovers every week, but for some reason this one is my very favorite. I love it!

June 2, 2014 at 7:23 am

The change in her eyes is amazing. I have a similar lid look & this makeover gives me hope that I really can have those big, standout eyes.

Also, such fantastic skin! (before & after)

June 2, 2014 at 7:28 am

I will NEVER get tired of seeing these makeovers!!! This one is especially good. Skye is beautiful!

June 2, 2014 at 7:48 am

I love how your makeovers bring out the natural beauty in these ladies but don’t overly change their appearance. Gorgeous!

June 2, 2014 at 8:03 am

Her skin is nearly flawless! i’d love to know what she puts on it and what she eats! 😀 The look compliments her features beautifully! 🙂

Aesop Parsley Seed Masque review | TheConscienceFund

June 2, 2014 at 9:58 am

OMG!! There is hope for me yet!!
    She certainly looks good before, but after, she is truly gorgeous! I think what I love most about her look is, it is totally glam in a sexy but not overdone way …..I want that look!! I tend to look to mannish if I wear too much make up. I need you! 🙂

June 2, 2014 at 10:13 am

What did you use on her nose? I try and try and it either looks like I have dirt on my nose or I blend it away to nothing. How do you do that?

June 2, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I was wondering the same thing! I can never get my nose right, because it’s bit wider. It makes me sad!

Vicky McLellan
    June 2, 2014 at 10:21 am

I KNEW that was going to be a WOW and you did not disappoint! She’s a beauty!!

Sukey at Dress for the Wedding
    June 2, 2014 at 11:37 am

I absolutely love your makeovers, Cara! In addition to your great talent, what I love most about you is that you see the beauty in everyone you work with before the makeup even comes out! I’ve had my make-up done a few times professionally, and so felt miserable during and after when the MUA just pointed out all the flaws that needed help. I love that you talk about the beauty to accentuate! I have a similar coloring and eye shape to Skye, so I can’t wait to try this. She looks gorgeous before and after! I also can’t wait for the Allure videos!

June 2, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I noticed you used Mary Kay products for mascara. Do you use any other May Kay products? Do you find them comparable to your usual go-to makeup brands?

June 2, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Absolutely stunning!

Nancy Block
    June 2, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Wowser! How can I volunteer?

June 2, 2014 at 5:30 pm

I recently discovered your fun, informative website. However, I haven’t figured out how to view the Monday Makeover photos. (They sound so good)!Thanks, Cara.

June 2, 2014 at 8:56 pm

June 2, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Update from Karen: Just discovered that the photos appear on my computer but not on the iPad. Weird! Any suggestions?

Ashley f
    June 2, 2014 at 10:46 pm

I want to be your makeover Monday!!! Puuhlease!!!??!!!

June 3, 2014 at 5:05 am

Oh wow! She’s even MORE beautiful! I love that the makeup accentuates her beauty, instead of looking heavy, cakey and covered up. Her eyes are my favorite and her eyebrows are fantastic! I’m loving how soft and natural her hair is too. Nicely done!!

Amy Hocking
    June 3, 2014 at 5:44 am

Another awesome makeover! I love that you used a Mary Kay item! I love the Mary Kay TimeWise skin care line, all of the primers (their finishing spray is made by Skindiva!), foundations and coverups. They also have a new cc cream! I have been using Ultimate mascara for years. I wish you would encourage your readers to find a MK consultant. They are easy to find, instead of purchasing off the black market! You never know how old the product is (unless you have the code) if you buy it from the black market like Amazon or EBay. Consultants always give discounts, free gifts, and samples 😉 I love your blog, and have been reading I forever! Next time you try a MK item, try the Satin hands!

The Makeupmama
    June 3, 2014 at 8:18 am

Makeover Mondays are my favorite! I love how bright and alive Skye’s after looks

Christina J.
    June 3, 2014 at 8:27 am

She has THE most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen! They’re like a green/yellow color. Gorgeous. I can’t beleive that some people can’t see how beautiful they are. She’s amazingly pretty even without any makeup, but with makeup she is smokin’! I like how you enhanced the beauty she already has, rather than covering her up to look completely different. She looks the same, but just really hot! Makeover Mondays are my favorite!!!

Another Lulu Fan!
    June 3, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I love how you did her eyebrows because they totally frame her eyes beautifully and bring the focus to her gorgeous hazel eyes. You’ve made me an eyebrow fanatic, Cara! Love this before and after.

Molly Gardner
    June 4, 2014 at 8:28 pm

I really love how you did her eye makeup in this. It’s soft, but dramatic. Really pretty.

June 6, 2014 at 10:15 am

gorgeous. she has such beautiful skin!

June 7, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Awesome! She is stunningly beautiful.

June 11, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Cara, as I am from Germany and I am wondering what to use for contouring, could you give some advice for the second best option to your IIID Foundation? I am really overwhelmed by brands / colors. What would be an alternative to your own product for those who cannot purchase it due to your shipment limitations? thank you so much, help would be soooo appreciated!

Introduction to Eyebrows | Makeup for Beginners
    June 28, 2014 at 3:43 pm

[…] MAC Brun […]

July 18, 2014 at 10:14 am

She could be demi moore’s sister–easily!