My Life

Moving. Mandi. & Mirrored EVERYTHING.

If you didn’t gather from the title of this post, we are moving!
Back to our hometown (and one of my favorite places on earth) St. George Utah!
Have you ever been there? Cause it’s beautiful and within 200 miles of 5, yep 5 national parks.
(For a few years after high school I moonlighted as a  hike guide in some of them so…if you want some touristy advice I’m pretty much pro)
We are so excited. Christian’s in love with his cousins there (some of which we’ll like a block away from) and pretty much since he’s been able to walk we’ve lived in a apartment without a yard so he’s pretty thrilled to be getting one of those.
He’s got 3 pairs of grandparents who are mildly obsessed with him and aren’t completely devastated to have us back in town either.
Plus we’ll still be close to all of our friends & family and for fun makeup events here in vegas.
Win, Win + Win, right!? Right….except….

The makeup room.

Mandi and I gave our hearts to for months last summer…will be left behind.

We were too happy to be within shouting distance to be too bummed about it, and she didn’t miss a beat instantly getting excited about creating a new one!

My sister Rachel also got on the case and the trifecta is looking pretty promising…
You wanna see our ideas so far?

Cause I’m dying to have them all laid out in from of me and to get your input!

So the space is going to look pretty similar to this:

This beautiful piece of mirrored happiness was on sale last week and I HAD to get it. I’m so glad I did too, cause it sold out!
I’ve honestly been coveting one just like this for probably 1o years!

This’ll be really good for storage, too. Heaven knows I need that.

I’m thinking since I really don’t need a vanity (I’m mostly doing other people’s makeup or doing videos) instead I want to do a floor length mirror?
Like this…

And I know it’s a TOTAL long shot that I end up with anything along these lines but as a holy grail…I’ll name this sofa…

So what do you think!?
Is it a good start?
Do you like the direction?
Added input is being totally solicited.
Also, if you live near Vegas I put that beautiful card catalog and settee on craigslist if you wanna check it out:)

May 29, 2014 at 6:23 am

Ooo that’s exciting! Being close to family is SO worth it. Very happy for you!

May 29, 2014 at 10:28 am

Thank you ! You’re so right!

May 29, 2014 at 6:53 am

That dresser is so so so beautiful! Love it! That Sofa will look a complete beaute! That floor length mirror is s agreat idea.. You could also do a mirrored wall in the room or a section of a wall ..

May 29, 2014 at 10:01 am

Oooh love that idea!! Thank you!

May 29, 2014 at 7:26 am

I’m confused about why your can’t take those items with you…

May 29, 2014 at 10:02 am

I could the room is just so different that I think they would clash!

liz @ btb on etsy
    May 29, 2014 at 8:50 am

Super excited to see what you come up with! I’m also a little (re: A LOT) jealous that you’re moving back near family. I wish!

May 29, 2014 at 10:31 am

Oh, How far are you from family??

May 29, 2014 at 10:38 am

The floor length mirror is a fabulous idea! My stylist/colorist used to have them leaning on the floor (which I loved) but this is how he did it in his new place…!S_IMG_1332.

I’m excited for your move – especially with the new addition coming!

May 29, 2014 at 10:54 am

Oh I love that!!!!

May 29, 2014 at 10:49 am

Are you going to be doing makeovers like you did before? I was so sad you moved before and would love one!

May 29, 2014 at 10:54 am

Yes I am!!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse
    May 29, 2014 at 11:04 am

Yay how exciting! I LOVE the ideas for you new makeup room. It is going to be amazing!

May 29, 2014 at 11:05 am

Thank you!!! So glad you like them!

christina cole
    May 29, 2014 at 11:08 am

i live in saint george….. and if you start doing makeovers here i would love to learn! 🙂

May 29, 2014 at 11:08 am

Done! I’m going to for sure!

Jennifer S
    May 29, 2014 at 11:21 am

I’m kind of surprised that you aren’t going to just take your stuff and make that room in your new space since it’s so gorgeous and still pretty new, but I like the new direction you’re taking it.

May 29, 2014 at 11:25 am

Yeah! We love St. George. Always fun stuff to do there and you do have an Ulta, so you’re set. 🙂
    Are you guys building? That rooms looks awesome and love the ideas!

May 29, 2014 at 1:02 pm

You’ve got to be KIDDING me!! Cara!! I live in Southern Utah; really close to Zions National Park. I have forever, in all my life, wanted somebody who is good in make up to do a makeover on me. Somebody to tell me what shades look best for me for an everyday look etc etc. So if you’re up for it, PLEASE let me know! I’d die. 🙂

May 29, 2014 at 1:04 pm

If your listing your home I would be interested in that! My husband and I are looking??

May 29, 2014 at 1:23 pm

We are just renting! Are you looking to rent or buy?

May 29, 2014 at 2:12 pm

I live in Vegas and desperatly want your card catalog, would you negotiate on the price?

May 29, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Looking to buy! Thank you anyway. Love your website and thank you for all your helpful tips.

May 29, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I get excited about moving and redecorating too! I love the mirrored piece, I’m on the hunt for one for my in-laws new house! I love that floor length mirrors are trending now, I think they make a space look so chic! A good place to check is home goods, they usually have a good selection for a good price. Marshalls or tjmaxx as well. Love the sofa, so feminine and classy. Onekingslane always has great sales that include sofas like that! Good luck!

caroline [the diy nurse]
    May 29, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I love this new direction! So girly but grown up too. Good luck moving!

May 29, 2014 at 5:09 pm

If you don’t know about it already you MUST check out Joss & Main. It’s one of those flash sale sites for furniture. I just decorated my apt in NYC with everything from there. I got such great deals and it looks so great. Plus they always have couches just like the one you posted on super sale! Good luck with your move girlie!! You’re great!

May 29, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Shut the front door! I had no idea you lived here in Vegas! Good luck with your move! Love all of your hair tips….your candy beach spray is the bomb-diggity!

Stella Bella
    May 29, 2014 at 7:04 pm

My sister has two, yes, 2 of those mirrored buffets. One in her dining room for dishes and stuff, and one in the bedroom for her clothes, etc. they are gorgeous and functional. So happy you got it. You will love it. Btw, I am a newbie to your blog and loving it! Thanks for all the great advice.

May 29, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Congratulations on moving back to Utah where your family is, Cara! That is great, I’m happy for you and your little family. I wish I was already back in Washington state where mine is. Texas is a pit. I have an older sister who lives in Salt Lake City, so if she and her hubby and 2 little girls don’t move to Israel, I would LOVE it if you would give her a makeover! She always puts everyone else first, she needs this. She is an awesome amazing sweet chick! No one could be sweeter. She has helped me paying for my divorce attorney and paying another attorney to help fight to keep my daughter safe from her drug addicted father. I owe her thousands!!! But she texted me last year and told me to not worry about paying her back any of it, she and her husband just want me to worry about myself and getting better (I have Crohn’s disease) and to not be stressed over coming up with money to pay her back. I thanked her for her generosity, but said I wouldn’t let myself off the hook. She is too lovely for words. I thanked her for being my sister. We have a family message board that my computer brainiac older brother created as a way for all of us to keep in touch. (He’s a computer science major). He’s done incredible things with it. Anyway, my sister had posted on it a while back and she was saying how she wants to be a better, nicer person. I’m like, what?! Ok, that’s not even possible. I don’t know what she’s talking about. But that just goes to show how sweet and good she is. So if she ends up staying in Salt Lake, I will be sure to let you know. I hope she does stay, Israel is way too far away for my comfort. Not that I want to take away her opportunity to see the world and live somewhere else, but you know. Israel? Ugh! It’s too far! Well, I hope you will consider doing a makeover for my older sister if she ends up staying in Salt Lake! 🙂 Congratulations again on moving back to family!

May 29, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Loving it all and i hope you get the sofa! 🙂

May 30, 2014 at 10:01 am

If you are doing any last makeovers before you move I would love to do it! I live in vegas!

May 30, 2014 at 3:18 pm

I think you should keep the card catalog, that is antique to the letter!

May 30, 2014 at 9:05 pm

My friend is running the marathon in St. George in October. He is so excited! I hear it is one of the most scenic marathons.

May 30, 2014 at 9:05 pm

I’m actually going to Utah next week for 5 days to hit up the parks! I’m going to all of them but Zion since it’s just a little too far away. I can’t wait! I can’t wait to see picture of how you decorate your new home. so exciting!

May 31, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Love the decorating ideas and love this post. Looks like things I imagine when I go house redecorating on Pinterest. The pink sofa is a dream and I hope you show us what you end up going with. Like the full length standing mirror as well – my sister-in-law has one that I covet (she advised to attach to wall with kiddos running around!)
    Hope to see more posts like this one.

May 31, 2014 at 9:28 pm

So happy for you guys to live closer to family again!! Not gonna lie I’m kindof bummed you won’t be living in Vegas anymore. I always hoped to run into you at Target or something one day hahaha… but I’m glad you have good things to say about Utah. The hubs wants us to move there in a year or but I’m just not a fan of cold weather!!

Xo, Catt

June 1, 2014 at 1:06 pm

St. Geezy woot! Hope to run into you at ulta one day so you can teach me how to do blended eyeliner in person!

June 3, 2014 at 12:18 am

I love that mirrored buffet! Where did you order it from? I’m looking for something just like it. Thanks!!

June 8, 2014 at 9:46 am

Where is that dresser from?!