Makeup Products

Latest Love: Peach Lips

OK so orange lips have been pretty popular in magazines and such for a couple of years now.
Ever since they arrived I have been vehemently not excited about this trend whatsoever…but I was also vehemently against skinny jeans when they first showed back up from the 80’s and I thought ombre hair was none so attractive when I first laid eyes on it…

What I’m trying to say is that sometimes the style gets to me eventually if it hangs around long enough and while I still will say that orange is SO not my color it must be getting in my blood because I am LOVING peach. (a gateway to orange perhaps?)
I love how it brings out green eyes, makes tan skin look so tan and rich and fair skin look so pretty and pastel.
It brings out green and blue eyes and looks gorgeous in stick or gloss form.

I think maybe you should jump on the bandwagon too. We can just promise ourselves we’ve always liked peach and it’s not just hype getting in our head…because we have always liked peach…right?

From left to right:Nars Honolulu Honey | Mac Lipglass in Florabundance | MAC Lipstick in Sweet & SourLip Tar in Interlace | Revlon Lip Color in Smoked Peach

Hope you’re having a fun week, it’s starting to get swim warm out there and I’m loving it. I absolutely loved reading all of your favorite summer night activities!
Gave me lots of inspiration. Which  brings me to…

The winner of the Summer sunnies from last week !!! Hillary! Thank you so much everyone for entering (Hillary Congrats! I also sent you an email since it’s just your first name, incase any other Hillary’s entered!)

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    May 21, 2014 at 4:30 am

Love this post! Thanks for the inspiration 🙂

May 21, 2014 at 5:15 am

Oh yes “peach” and “summer” totally go together! Do you have any recommendations for medium skin tones.. the ones above seem suitable for paler lovelies!

Le Blanc De Chanel Review | TheConscienceFund

May 21, 2014 at 5:46 am

I’ve seen Honolulu Honey recommended time after time for medium skin tones in InStyle magazine…. I have always wanted to try it but that price tag!!!Maybe the Revlon smoked peach is close in color?

May 21, 2014 at 5:47 am

Ill give it a shot in store! 🙂

May 21, 2014 at 5:17 am

I start loving peach lip colors every year when it warms up…it’s just so perfect for summer!

May 21, 2014 at 5:19 am

Cara, I am new to the idea of trying new things with my makeup. I’ve always been a “keep it natural” sort of girl. This summer we are joining a pool, and although I love the idea of sun and kids playing, I’m not super keen on spending days in public wet, with no makeup on. Can you recommend anything in the way of waterproof (which I have been afraid of) eye makeup. Maybe some mascara that won’t run down my face will make me feel a bit more like myself. Also, any tips for us brown eyed girls would be awesome. Love the blog, it’s making me look at makeup as something to have fun with. Thank you. Katy

Kelly L
    May 21, 2014 at 6:45 am

Another great peach lip gloss is NYX butter gloss in Apple Strudel. I’m loving their butter glosses; great color, nice smooth texture (not sticky), and inexpensive (Ulta carries them for $5.00/each). They won a Spring 2013 makeup O-Ward from Oprah magazine.

May 21, 2014 at 6:56 am

Peach is pretty, but I still love my shimmery gold-pinks! Nymphette will always be my go to for summer 🙂

May 21, 2014 at 7:30 am

Would any of these work well with darker skin tones? Any peachy suggestions for WOC?

Beth and Beauty
    May 21, 2014 at 8:38 am

I love peachy colored lips. Most especially if the peach is a little more on the pink tone side. I am still not so much into the orange lipstick, yet!!!

Marianne franks
    May 21, 2014 at 9:33 am

Ok. I have to chime in. I LOVE your blog! You are ao talented and I love your style. Now I remember you saying to tell you if there is something you should know about that we love. Have you ever used “kerasal”. It is an exfoliating moisturizing cream for heels. It is in the most random 70’s looking tube but it is seriously like magic in a bottle. It’s on the pricier side (like$8) but you will be amazed. You just get it at Walmart or walgreens. You will notice a difference in like 3 days. It’s crazy. Just thought you might want to know. Hope your feeling good.

May 21, 2014 at 10:06 am

I also love peachy lipsticks but I haven’t had the heart yet to try an orange one… Mac Sweet & Sour would be a nice try 🙂 xx Alessia

May 21, 2014 at 10:14 am

Yesss!!!! I’ve been wanting to try this but have yet to find the perfect color. Maybe it’s one of these guys. Found a similar nail polish shade from Ulta. What is it about this shade that just screams summer?? 🙂

May 21, 2014 at 11:33 am

Peachy, orangey… these is amazing ! I love this trend!

May 21, 2014 at 11:47 am

My signature peach color is ‘Shanghai Spice’ from MAC! It is what I wore for my wedding and is always in my handbag no matter what 😀

May 21, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I have been loving Revlon Color burst lip butter in Peach Parfait. It’s a darker peach but also very sheer, just the right amount of pop for my brown eyes! And Baby Lips in Peach Kiss is great too!

May 21, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Yes, yes, yes to Revlon’s lip butter. It’s my go-to peach-y lip color. I just have to remember to use it sparingly or it looks like goo. Love it.

May 21, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Try NYX Butter Gloss in Cherry Cheese Cake. Such a pretty peachy orange. Looks gorgeous on fair skin tones!

June 1, 2014 at 6:03 pm

I agree! Actually, my boyfriend was the one that suggested I try it, and I prefer it over all of my pink lip colors! He picked well!

May 21, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Oh seriously love this post and these colors are to die for!!

May 21, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I LOOOOVVVVEEEEE coral and orange lips! It’s always my go to! It’s funky and fun and it looks really pretty with my skin! Love your blog!

Nancy Block
    May 21, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Back in the old days they did your colors, being that I am a Spring, peach and coral work great for my blonde coloring. You would definitely be a Winter which means cool colors look better on you. Like deep blues etc. It was pretty amazing .

May 21, 2014 at 7:56 pm

If you’re fair skinned, and per chance a redhead, try my newest finds: Loreal Balm in ‘Caring Coral’ (a very sheer pinkish coral with nice shine) and Butter London’s ‘Mush,” similar to ‘Caring Coral” but more on the orange side and very matte. I really can’t go all the way to a wild tangerine or an orange on steroids, so those two are my baby steps. And at $8.00 for the Loreal, I’ll take that one in a hurry! (It is soo lovely.)

May 22, 2014 at 6:30 am

A good shimmery peach gloss is MAC Prrrrrr. It’s pretty much a full coverage gloss. Oldie but goodie!

May 22, 2014 at 7:05 am

I am obsessed with peach gloss and Doutzen can be no wrong!

May 22, 2014 at 11:22 am

Peach blush is lovely as well.

May 22, 2014 at 4:34 pm

I love a peachy lip (did that sound weird? Sorry!), especially for summer! Also, Cara, I would like to inform you that maskcara is officially in my top 3 most visited websites, according to google chrome (topped only by google and facebook). Love your blog!

May 22, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Lol, I detested skinny jeans when they first came out too! And I did’t know ombre was a hairstyle – I thought it was due to bad dye jobs, lol!

May 25, 2014 at 2:46 pm

We need a video tutorial on that second look, the girl with the hat on!

Kierra Nicole
    May 25, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Peach is a great choice for spring and summer. I love painting such simple lol with bronze makeup just to get that perfect summer glow! Love the picks!

Perfektly In Place |

Lilly (@GenuineGlow)
    May 28, 2014 at 7:38 pm

My favorite lipsticks for peach lips are Ilia Beauty in Dizzy and Kjaer Weis in Sweetness, and they are made with all natural and organic ingredients. They are gorgeous! I have some swatches up on my blog – Natural and Organic Peach Lipsticks

Lilly x

May 28, 2014 at 8:45 pm

I love the third picture. I’d love to see a tutorial on her make up from that picture. Love peach lips.

August 6, 2014 at 6:58 am

I want to know where that top pic is from ! That model and her hair ….so pretty !