Before & Afters Makeup

Monday Makeover & Allure Insiders

I have some REALLY exciting news for you all!

I have teamed up with Allure again for a really fun new project!
They’e gathered all of their favorite “Beauty Experts” in the blogging world and created a Youtube Channel JAM packed with beauty advice and tutorials.
I am doing two videos a month with them both with different themes.

For my two series I decided to make one of my monthly videos all about hair (products, tips, tutorials…whatever!) since sometimes I get so caught up on makeup I miss out on the luscious locks. For the next I decided to do something you all have been asking me about for AGES! MAKEOVER VIDEOS! Yes, it’s long overdue. I know. I have had them in the back of my mind forever, but the time has come. My very first Makeover video will be demonstrating this GORGEOUS gal named Brittany:

BUT that won’t be until next week ( I just wanted to show you a sneak peek to get you excited)…my first series that starts today is all about DIY Hair toning (something I posted about a while back but had LOTS of questions on)
I use this recipe with my own hair (now that it has some blonde slices in it, I used it back when I was blonde and I used it on my sister in law when I made her over.

When I first started I used purple food coloring but I have found that mixing my own purple gets me much better results…I’ll explain in the video:

I used:
Wilton Food Coloring
& your favorite shampoo
Apple Cider Vinegar

If you wanna check out the other videos and get to know all the babes in the Allure Insiders (Tati from Glamlifeguro who I competed with last year in the Allure Beauty Blogger Awards is one of them!) Click HERE

Have the most wonderful Monday possible!
( OH and PS I got the date right and the day wrong on my Twitter party! So sorry! It’s tomorrow night!)

May 19, 2014 at 10:51 am

random, but what color are you wearing on your nails?! it’s perfect!!

May 19, 2014 at 10:54 am

Is toning only for color treated hair? I’ve never dyed or colored my hair but sometimes I feel like it looks a little brassier than normal. Could I “tone” my all natural hair or do you think it would just pull that purple and hold onto it? Thanks!

May 19, 2014 at 11:54 am

You can totally tone all natural hair! But if it only looks brassy sometimes I would suggest washing it with baking soda first to see if that fixes it. Sometimes it’s the mineral in your water that causes the brassiness and the baking soda cuts that!

May 19, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Thanks girl, I’ll give it a try!

May 19, 2014 at 11:08 am

I can’t wait to see this Makeover Monday!! Her skin is flawless, and I love how she really looks like the same pretty girl after… Just more polished!

— Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

Jaylynn Stokes
    May 19, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Where is your shirt from? It’s really cute!

May 19, 2014 at 8:26 pm

THank you! It’s from Victoria’s Secret:

May 19, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Wow! Flawless skin <3

Sweet Madame Blue

May 20, 2014 at 3:48 am

I do the exact same thing, food colouring is a hair lifesaver haha.

Meg | Meghan Silva’s Blog

May 20, 2014 at 4:56 am

Congrats! That’s very exciting!

May 20, 2014 at 6:04 am

Oooh how exciting! I cannot wait to see your Allure series. This video is awesome. I’m trying to lighten my locks for the summer and I have the worst case of orange right now. Basically, I’m just wearing a hat everywhere I go. I’m in a bit of a mess because my hair is now super dry from the bleaching so I’m afraid to color over it again. I’m trying to let the color grow out…I’ve tried deep conditioning, minimal shampooing and hair masks but my hair is just like…stiff from the bleach. I’m going to try this diy toning to help balance out the coloring though 🙂

Thank you, Cara! 😀

May 20, 2014 at 6:42 am

This is my favorite post of them all! Brittany is so pretty already she hardly needs any help! 🙂

Octavia Spiker
    May 20, 2014 at 11:45 am

Love this!! Your hair is perfection. It is exactly what I am wanting.
    I adore wen- this is perfect. Thanks for posting!

Angela-Jean Whitbeck
    May 20, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Kudos Cara! Brittany’s makeover is lovely, especially because the look is natural.

I, too, am a fan of Wen products and have been for four years. I love your tip about using purple food color. When my hair grew back eight years ago following cancer treatment, it was curly, silver, and delicate. I finally had enough hair grow back that I needed to go to my stylist and she strongly advised against using any chemical treatment on my hair. I left the salon with a designer brand of purple shampoo and conditioner.

OMGosh!! I was shocked by the brilliance of my silver hair! I got, and continue to get, many compliments on the color. I’m excited to go to my local craft store to purchase purple paste color to add to my shampoo that isn’t that color already to see how it works!

Thank you, CARA, for all you do to make the rest of us feel beautiful, one person at a time! You are beautiful inside and out!!

May 20, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I wish I had this info 3 weeks ago before I bought a purple shampoo. I am a WEN user and don’t like my other toning shampoo at all. Question though- do you do this every time you shampoo?

May 20, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I will have to try this out – I definitely have some serious brass going on!

May 23, 2014 at 7:59 pm

How often does this toner need to be reapplied? Love your blog!

hope you have a fabulous holiday weekend. 🙂

May 28, 2014 at 1:57 pm

When is the makeover monday comming?

May 28, 2014 at 5:46 pm

I was just wondering the same thing. Will there be a link to it on the blog, or do we have to keep checking YouTube?

May 28, 2014 at 11:37 pm

It should be this week! I’m update you guys s soon as it posts!

maskcara IIID foundation review | Oilup
    April 17, 2015 at 10:06 am

[…] she just stunning! Photo via Go visit her blog and check out these beautiful makeovers, they’re just so […]

maskcara IIID foundation review - Klassh