Before & Afters Makeup

Makeover Monday Kristen

When Kristen showed up at my house I was pretty excited to see her gorgeous glowing skin and those doll-like blue eyes.
After a little bit of chatting she told me that she was always in “girl next door” territory and although that seems to be her comfort zone…she really wanted a chance to branch into “hot girl” grounds.
I love this.
It seems once you’ve established yourself as one or the other or any number of other labels you feel stuck in them. One of my good friends confided in me the other day that any time she tries any new beauty trick or product she instantly feels self conscious, like everyone in the room is staring at her legs wondering if she has a fake tan. Thinking about how weird it is that she would use a fake tan. Why is she trying so hard?
Wether you’re always glammed to the max or usually wear no makeup or frills at all there isn’t ANY rule that states that you have to stay that way and that you can’t, on some non-supposing tuesday, totally switch it up. So what if you get the “why are you so dressed up?” or the “are you tired?” comments. Cause I felt like it! or No I’m wide awake I just wanted to be a little more dressed down today! Thanks for your concern though!  – easy as that.
All of this stuff is just for fun, no one should take it too seriously!

SO here is what we came up with: (total babe, amiright?)

(sidebyside view)

What I used:
Tomas Spray tan on the face and neck
IIID Foundation
Dahlia blush
Maybeline Shadow Quad in Caffeine Rush (one of my favorites for a smokey eye)
Brun Shadow on her brows (are you bored of that one yet? haha)
Ardel Wipsies Lashes
They’re Real Mascara
Black Silkissime Liner (focusing on the outer corners)
MAC Lip Pencil in In Synch
Buxom Gloss in Kimberly

(for all of you that are in the want for some video makeovers I have some really exciting news coming up that may or may not involve LOTS of those…)

Alexandra Aimee
    April 28, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Oh wow, this is gorgeous!! I feel like this is one of the best ones ever. The pink lip is so pretty on her.

— Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

April 28, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Thank you so much! I love this one too! Such a beauty:)

May 1, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Did you use the mediun III3 Foundation on her? My skin is pretty fair like hers (except that i have drak brown hair) and im dying to try out your makeup line but cant figure out if i need medium or Light….

May 16, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I’d love to know if you used the light or medium also. I’m really interested in purchasing, but am having a rough time making the commitment when I have no idea what shade to choose… and really don’t want to waste your products by returning. I see that you used spray tanner on her, but I’m pretty close to her natural complexion. I also suffer from GNDS (girl next door syndrome) and love the makeover! Lookin good Kristen!

April 28, 2014 at 10:20 pm

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! As usual 🙂 Hope you are feeling better! It was fun to see Nick last weekend!

April 28, 2014 at 10:22 pm

I wish I could have seen you too! I miss you guys!

April 28, 2014 at 10:24 pm

You really made her eyes pop, they look so gorgeous! She looks fantastic!

Robin C
    April 28, 2014 at 10:29 pm

An incredible transformation! What a beauty!

Beth and Beauty
    April 28, 2014 at 10:30 pm

She was gorgeous before the makeup but WOW!!!! You glammed Kristen up!!!! I want to know how do I get to show up at your door for a makeover…..LOL!! I am glad you are feeling better. I can’t wait for whatever you are working on that could cause us to see more makeover videos to work out!! If anyone is interested you can check out my blog by just simply clicking on my name. Today I am reviewing my trash….LOL! Actually my April Empties!!! I have lots of other beauty blog posts also. Look forward to meeting you!!! Cara, I so hope you will stop by again when you get the chance!!

Beth and Beauty
      April 28, 2014 at 10:32 pm

My above post is 2 hours earlier than my time. So my April Empties will be live at 5 AM CST on April 29th

April 28, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Too true! My friend called it internalized sexism when I told her something similar. Why are we women always so hard on ourselves? Anyway, she looks stupid gorgeous and more than hot! Hope she enjoyed it.

April 29, 2014 at 11:10 am

Internalized sexism! haha so funny! Thanks gorgeous!

Monique B.
    April 28, 2014 at 11:06 pm

WOW! This is amazing. I mean, she is absolutely adorable with no makeup at all (she can actually pull off the sans makeup look. Something I cannot do!) but with how you made her up it is just, wowza! Beautiful! It is a very soft but yet striking look. I have now tagged all of these products so I can recreate this myself. Can you please do a tutorial?? I’d love to see how you did her eyes. Thanks! 🙂 ~Monique

April 28, 2014 at 11:17 pm

You nailed it Cara, she looks hottt!!

April 28, 2014 at 11:33 pm

You really know how to bring out the sparkle in every face you find. Beautiful girl both before and after. You are amazing!

April 29, 2014 at 12:02 am

What mascara was used? And false lashes or no?

April 29, 2014 at 12:43 am

Yes! I always forget to add something! She’s wearing Ardell wispies… I’m addicted!

April 29, 2014 at 6:16 am

what mascara?

April 29, 2014 at 11:04 am

They’re Real from Benifit 🙂 I’ve linked it above!

April 29, 2014 at 2:28 am

Wow! I love this! Pleeeeease give us a step by step or video

Diana P.
    April 29, 2014 at 2:32 am

You did a great job, her features are really enhanced and she looks beautiful!!!

I would appreciate it if you could visit my blog for my first post! Thank you!

April 29, 2014 at 3:37 am

Cara, what the heck. Yes, she is naturally adorable, but, seriously….how do you do that? Just took her over the edge into strike me down gorgeous! You are a wonder, girl. Never doubt it 🙂

April 29, 2014 at 4:03 am

She is so gorgeous! You did a great job of enhancing her wonderful eyes. 🙂 A bit off topic, but I was wondering what drugstore cleansing conditioners you recommend. I’ve seen them pop up lately and knew you’d be a great person to ask. Thanks!

JoAnn Tobias
    April 29, 2014 at 4:12 am

What did you use on her brows? The brun is a little dark for me! Love your blog!

April 29, 2014 at 4:23 am

Total hot girl and yet not overdone. She looks fantastic!

April 29, 2014 at 4:33 am

why, on my end, does she have white circles outlining the darkest park of her pupil? a photoshop opps?

April 29, 2014 at 4:49 am

Isn’t that usually from a flash?

April 29, 2014 at 10:56 am

haha I did her makeup at night, it’s the type of light I used called a Ring light! It’s my favorite light for doing makeup in at night and taking “beauty” photos because of the way it brightens the eyes!

The Makeup Mama (@themakeupmama)
    April 29, 2014 at 4:37 am

Wow, what gorgeous skin! She was beautiful before and even more so in her after.

April 29, 2014 at 4:40 am

This is my favorite make up Monday so far- she looks AMAZING!!

April 29, 2014 at 4:59 am

Such a pretty girl! You are so talented!

Eye Makeup for Dummies! :

Vicky McLellan
    April 29, 2014 at 5:41 am

Lovely!! What lashes did you use?

Favorite Make-overs
    April 29, 2014 at 5:45 am

[…] #1: kristen […]

April 29, 2014 at 5:58 am

She was beautiful before but after !!! Glam goddess. That look is prefect and still stays true to her beauty without being over the top!! Well done.

April 29, 2014 at 6:15 am

one of your best! Her eyes are amazing. You need to show how you applied the false lashes and how you applied the mascara

April 29, 2014 at 6:37 am

Holy buckets! Total hottie without looking too made up! I’m a big fan 🙂 Oh and I have a lil idea: what if you did make overs based on what the girls have in their own make-up bags, but you supplement with a couple of products that might be a better choice? I have a ton of (gifted) makeup that I never use…

Tina Amato
    April 29, 2014 at 7:51 am

HAD to comment. AMAZING results. Victoria’s Secret model, for sure.

April 29, 2014 at 8:33 am

I love how you did her eyebrows. They totally frame those gorgeous eyes, without looking overdone at all. I wish I could do something with my eyebrows like that. Anytime I try to add some real color, they look sooo fake. (sigh)

April 29, 2014 at 10:28 am

Did you use Brun for her brows??

April 29, 2014 at 11:22 am

OMG!! Wow that’s amazing. What a pretty girl! (Before AND after). Her eyes are so stunning 🙂

Miss Mustard Seed
    April 29, 2014 at 11:23 am

I think this is my favorite makeover, yet. She is gorgeous! Thanks so much for my quick 3 minute makeover before I ran off to catch my flight after SNAP. Your workshop was so great and I’ve been trying to use your products more (and I ordered a bunch of your favorites!)

Gail C
    April 29, 2014 at 11:46 am

Love the eyes so much! Cara, I’m mid-50s and wold love to try false eyelashes but don’t want ones that are too full or too long. What would you suggest for me?

April 29, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Me too, Gail. I’m 50 and would love to try something e-a-s-y. I’ve heard Ardell lashes are good, the wispy ones.

April 29, 2014 at 11:50 am

I’ve never commented, but this is so amazing I just HAVE to. AMAZINGGGGGG. Can you please live with me and do my makeup every day? My ten minutes for makeup often turns into ten minutes of extra sleep in the morning 🙂

April 29, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Is the foundation light, or medium? When I click the link it goes to medium, but she looks light to me. I need it.

April 29, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I love love love this look. I want to copy 100% off it.

April 29, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Wow what a beauty! She’s a pretty girl without any makeup…simply stunning after the makeover!

April 29, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Wow…. she looks drop dead gorgeous! What a lucky girl to get a “makeover” from you!!

Caryn Jackson
    April 29, 2014 at 12:54 pm

April 29, 2014 at 1:06 pm

She looks exactly like Dianna Argon from Glee with this makeover. Well done!

April 29, 2014 at 1:24 pm

What shade of IIID did you use on her?? She is Beautiful!

Amanda Andrus
    April 29, 2014 at 1:25 pm

She looks great before but the after just makes her eyes really just ‘pop’!

April 29, 2014 at 2:45 pm

You have definitely found your calling in life girl… talented! I was blown away by how awesome she looks! She already is beautiful but you enhanced it! You are gifted!

April 29, 2014 at 3:13 pm

I can’t get over how you made her eyes so big and beautiful. Great job!

April 29, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Kristen looks AMAZING , Cara!!
    I always try to envision what the makeover will look like before I swipe down to the picture and your recreations are always stunning and not how I imagined!! You made her eyes so much bigger and bluer if that’s possible, she’s such pretty girl to begin with 🙂
    Love the makeovers!!

April 29, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Best makeover Monday yet. Wow!!! Would love to see a video of this one. You’re amazingly talented cara.

April 29, 2014 at 6:51 pm

This is absolutely gorgeous! I can totally relate with feeling self-conscious when trying to “vamp up” my everyday natural look. I think this hits a perfect balance and I’d LOVE to see a tutorial so we can learn to do this at home!

April 29, 2014 at 7:54 pm

wow what a transformation. Gorg either way. I love how even just moving her hair around on her forehead and making more bangs changes her entire face shape. Stunna!

April 29, 2014 at 9:22 pm

This is my Sister in Law!!! I love her and loo up to her in many ways! She is always a fashion icon in my eyes! But wow what a great new look! Look good Kristen! Miss you a tone!

April 30, 2014 at 3:30 am

REQUEST: Could you please do a video of how to use the Toma’s spray? Do you put it on first and then do makeup? Is it just a spray of color or does it self-tan as well? Do you just put it on perimeter of face? You use it on almost every makeover. It is something that I am not familiar with and would really appreciate detailed instructions. Summer is almost here and REALLY NEED this!!! Thank you!

April 30, 2014 at 4:14 am

She looks fabulous! In all of your free time, not really, can you do a makeover with someone who has brown eyes/light brown hair. With dark eyes and lighter hair it’s hard to find that right mix of colors. I always feel either i picked to dark for my eyes or too light.
    Hope your feeling well!!

April 30, 2014 at 6:49 am

WOW! Def bombshell!

April 30, 2014 at 6:52 am

Branch into hot girl – I love that. It reminds me of the Anna Kendrick New Castle ad – not beer girl hot but hottest girl in your improv class hot. You killed this look, one of my favorites yet. And when I finally make the trip to Vegas I SO want to be you MM!

Becky @ Rose and Henry
    April 30, 2014 at 10:41 am

I love this! I have this weird thing where I feel totally self-conscious if I wear lipstick. I own like two dozen of them (expensive ones, too!), but whenever I try to wear one I end up wiping it off before I leave the house. Maybe I should just get brave!

April 30, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I love seeing your makeovers! I have been following your posts for awhile and have learned so much!
    I felt really encouraged by this. I realize that I don’t have to be self-conscious about trying new things.
    Thank you for sharing your talent!

May 1, 2014 at 9:02 am

This is my very favorite makeover. I’m literally speechless. Beautiful before, too hot afterward. Definitely not girl next door. I agree with the masses, I NEED a step by step tutorial, we have the same shape eyes.

May 1, 2014 at 12:02 pm

She is so lovely, before and after. I would love to see a picture with her eyes closed so I could duplicate the look myself 🙂 I FINALLY bought the caffeine rush palette after wanting it for, like, a year. You never steer me wrong, Cara. Thank you so much for the work you do!

May 2, 2014 at 10:50 am

When will you or when do you expect to be getting in more Medium color hac packs?

Lynn Hovis
    May 4, 2014 at 5:32 pm

You are ridiculously talented!!!! When can you come make me over!? Charlotte, NC needs a visit STAT! Xoxo- Lynn

May 5, 2014 at 6:42 am

Love it!! You did a fantastic job!!

Cindy’s Little Black Book

Jen @ Morning Coffee Confessions
    May 6, 2014 at 10:21 am

Beautiful, love the makeover…she still looks natural only with a bit of pop in her eyes!

Angie Smith
    May 9, 2014 at 5:10 am

She is absolutely gorgeous before, but holy cow she’s smokin’ after!

June 9, 2014 at 2:38 am

I … really don’t like this one. You’ve completely overwhelmed her natural features. She’s been transformed from natural beauty to trashy TV anchor.

June 9, 2014 at 4:02 am

TV anchors are look pretty good in my opinion. LOL

July 1, 2014 at 4:11 am

This is absolutely brilliant! Shes naturally such a gorgeous girl but this really applies a pow! Kind of effect to her already stunning features, making them really striking and sexy. I love it!
    I was wondering, how do you set up the lighting for these shots and what equipment do you use? Its so flattering and it creates such a detailed, super sharp image and i would LOVE to recreate that

July 10, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Cara, I would love to know which shade HAC pack you used for this makeover. My absolute favorite makeover! She looks amazing.

Chrissie Dyson
    July 15, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Hi Cara, how did you do the Smokey eye, it’s really lovely but not too heavy

August 27, 2014 at 3:58 pm

The thing is, she’s like already CRAZY naturally beautiful with perfect skin. The makeup is so beautiful on her, it really makes her look polished, mature, and older (in a good way). But she’s beautiful, really beautiful, both ways! Love your comments maskcara about how you can glam up or down for no apparent reason. Been struggling with this a LOT lately! I think I’ll email you!

21 Photos That Demonstrate The Power Of Makeup – CookieCoCo