Makeup Tips & Tricks

Bridal Makeup Do’s & Don’ts

How to look naturally stunning on your wedding day!

This is just my opinion from my experience and my personal taste.
These are not facts.
If you TOTALLY disagree with one of my don’ts and you do it all the time and love it, you are just as right as I am:)
I just LOVE these posts because it’s really nice to show the contrast between two things in helping explain why I choose them.

1. Do Make it about your beautiful face, not just the beautiful makeup on it.
When you ‘re picking your wedding makeup consider first the features you want to bring out before considering which makeup you have your heart set on.
I think sometimes we get an idea in our head or we see a certain photograph and we want THAT look, but it isn’t always the best look for bringing out your best features.
When I approach a client I usually study her features and then I set out to highlight the most beautiful ones and the makeup falls into place after that.

2. Don’t Contour with blush
I don’t know why but I see this a lot at weddings and hardly anywhere else? The thing is, when you contour you are creating a shadow but unless it’s of a balloon, shadows aren’t pink! SO instead of creating a shadow it kind of just creates a stripe. Still to ashy toned bronzers or IIID Foundation instead.

3. Know how it’s going to look before hand
I can’t stress this enough! If you are using a pro be absolutely sure to have a test run a few weeks before the wedding. Be honest with her on what you like and don’t like and be sure to take some photos when you’re done to bring to the wedding day appointment so your artist is sure to remember it clearly. It will also help know if it looks good in photos as well as in person. (check out my photo makeup tutorial for more thoughts on this)

4. Don’t make any drastic changes too close to the wedding day
Spray tans, Brow waxes, invasive facials or new products should all all be tested at least once a few weeks before the big day. So many of the wedding day crisis I’ve dealt with could have been averted if they’d used this rule!  When I had my makeup done on my wedding day (the first one 🙂 I didn’t do a test run, I was looking in the mirror getting more and more uncomfortable with how it was coming together. Luckily my sister was there and she could tell I wasn’t loving it. She announced that she needed a moment to talk to me alone and quickly fixed it for me.

6. Pack on the lashes
If there’s ever a day to to spend some time adding lashes today is the day! They photograph beautifully, they add definition to your eyes without looking like heavy makeup and they make your eyes look gigantic!

7. Bring your lip color along
There’s no way that lipstick is going to last during all the festivities, be sure to have your own on hand for touch ups. A fresh lip color really adds a lot of photos.

8. Wear waterproof mascara
I usually don’t advise waterproof mascara because I think it’s a little hard on lashes but for this one day, it’s a must! I like Voluminous.

9. Don’t forget to set it!
If you are oily you’ll want to set with a good powder like IT cosmetics Bye Bye Pores, more on the dry side? use a setting spray instead!

10. Look like you!
Heavy makeup that you don’t usually wear is one of those things that might make you feel really special but might leave you wondering who that is in your wedding photos when you’re looking back. Plus, I don’t know very many grooms who prefer their brides to look really “made-up” they love the way YOU look 🙂

All photos by Jessica Janae Photography

What I did: (isn’t Sidney gorgeous BTW!?)

I started with some moisture on her face. I like to prep with Maracuja Oil because it soaks up pretty quick.
Next I HAC’ed her with IIID foundation in Stone and Wheat and dabbed her cheeks with Maskcara blush in Ruby.
I filled her brows with an angled brush and MAC brun shadow, then I framed her eyes with bronzer. I blended it in down below her lash line on the bottom and almost to her brow on top, it makes your eyes look really big and give a lot of dimension to the eye socket. (I’m really obsessed with this look lately can you tell!?)
Then I went CRAZY with lashes!  Using clusters and individuals on her bottom row and on top layered over a pair of lashes (since it was a “bride” I used extra special lashes). Then I lined her tear line and on her top lash line with black liner (Loreal Gel Liner in Blackest Black)
I wanted her to be really luminous so I added some highlighter to her cheekbone and brow bone.
I lined her lips with NYX Taupe and filled them with MAC Creme Cup Lipstick and Soap & Glory gloss in Candy Gloss
Then I dusted bronzer on her cheeks and around the edges of her face and set her with All Nighter.

What do you think? Any of you have any wedding day beauty disasters to share??

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    April 15, 2014 at 4:39 am

Love this! Thanks Cara 🙂

Anna Belle
    April 15, 2014 at 5:11 am

I love when you include the “not this” look too – It really helps me to visualize what you are describing! (Plus, Sidney is pretty gorgeous in both!) I love all the lashes and went lash crazy for my wedding too!

April 15, 2014 at 5:21 am

WOW, that last photo is absolutely stunning. Beautiful woman & great tips.

April 15, 2014 at 5:21 am

Hi Cara, you mention that you don’t like waterproof mascara because it is harsh. What would you recommend for contact wearers and those who have straight lashes. I find regular mascara too wet and it straightens my lashes after curling. I am Asian and don’t have really thick or curled lashes to begin with. Have used the lash growers but I am in mid 50’s and they are growing just so much! Thanks! Enjoy your blog!!!!

April 15, 2014 at 6:37 am

I also wear contacts & prefer waterproof mascara. I layer my mascara, putting the first coat that really covers my lashes as a regular, non waterproof mascara, right now I’m using Benefit They’re Real mascara. Then I put a second coat of waterproof mascara to cover & seal, now I’m using L’oreal Voluminous. I

April 15, 2014 at 7:47 am

I have contacts and mostly straight, blonde lashes, and very VERY sensitive eyes! So much so that Clinique (which is allergy tested) irritates them a little bit. The only mascara I ever use is Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Splashes! Seriously, this stuff is amazing. My lashes are invisible without it but I get compliments all the time with it on! It’s not drying at all, goes on smoothly without clumping, doesn’t weigh down my very fine won’t-hold-a-curl-otherwise lashes, lengthens AND thickens, and NEVER irritates my eyes! And it’s waterproof enough to last through a hurricane. 😉 And it lasts literally all. day. long. I’m on my second tube and I don’t use anything else!

Incidental Adventures
      April 15, 2014 at 8:19 am

I LOVE L’Oreal Double Extend Tube Mascara. It’s not exactly waterproof, but it is. Confused? I was too!

The white end is a primer to use before hand. If you let it dry and apply another layer to just the tips, this will add extra length, also. The mascara end you apply like normal mascara. This formula doesn’t flake, smear, run (so it IS waterproof). In order to get this mascara off, you need to warm your lashes (cup warm water in your hand and put on lashes) until they’re warm/soft. Then, using your thumb and pointer finger, you GENTLY rub back and forth while pulling away. It will look like 1) a giant spider on the floor of your shower and/or 2) you have pulled off your lashes.

PS: Your lashes are still there, intact! 🙂 I’ve worn this mascara for a couple years now. I wore it on my wedding day, I wear glasses and/or contacts and don’t have problems. I’ve also got my friends and family (sister AND MOM) to wear this mascara and they all love it. It might be tricky at first, but you’ll get it. It’s perfect for all ages!

April 15, 2014 at 1:14 pm

I use the L’Oreal Double Extend as well and love, love, love it! Other mascaras end up underneath my eyes and I look like a raccoon. This stuff stays put, but isn’t hard to take off like some waterproof ones are. I never quite got the hang of using the white end, but I just put the black side on and it works the same way. I can’t say enough good things about this mascara!

April 15, 2014 at 8:33 pm

I have the same exact problem, i have pretty thin,straight lashes. You’re right , most mascaras are too wet, so give it a nice curl (most makeup artists rave about Shu Uemura eyelash curler) and my choice of “not so wet” mascara formulation is Almay “Get up and grow” or Covergirl lash blast in the orange tube, both are great, also if I buy a different kind I just don’t screw the lid very tight so over time it dries up just a little bit:) hope it’s helpful

April 16, 2014 at 4:56 am

Thanks for the advice! Will try it out!

Jamie rowe
    April 15, 2014 at 5:23 am

Her eyes are so gorgeous. Sometimes i wish i had blue or green eyes, but post like this make me jarealize that brown eyes are beautiful too.

Allison M
      April 16, 2014 at 5:38 am

I have light green eyes & I’m crazy jealous of brown eyes. I think they’re the absolute most stunning. I think my husband gets tired of me going on & on about his brown eyes & think dark lashes. It’s not fair! 😉

April 15, 2014 at 5:23 am

The link to the eyelash clusters doesn’t work. Could you please fix it? Thanks!

April 15, 2014 at 5:29 am

Same with the link to ashy toned bronzes.

April 15, 2014 at 5:57 am

Does anyone know what bronzer it was a link to? I’m curious what ashy bronzer she is recommending since I can’t use the maskcara

Incidental Adventures
          April 15, 2014 at 8:21 am

If I had to guess, it would be Benefit Hoola bronzer or cheaper NYX bronzer. Those are the ones she’s referenced in older posts. 🙂

Ashley H
          April 17, 2014 at 11:49 am

The link works now, it’s the too faced milk chocolate 🙂

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    April 15, 2014 at 5:45 am

She looks absolutely fantastic! Her eyes look huge. She looked great in the “don’t” too but the contrast is amazing.

I wish your photography post had existed when I got married. I look like a ghost in all my pictures. I did a great job of taking out all the red in my skin but totally failed to put on enough blush or eyeshadow. And I did a terrible job of topping up my lipstick. Ugh, it stinks to hate your wedding photos.

April 15, 2014 at 11:44 am

Oh man! That really does stink, but I bet you look beautiful in them, I can’t imaine you looking any other way!

April 15, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I can relate. I don’t like my make up in my wedding pics!! 😛

Katie (@sheisnotsodomesticated)
    April 15, 2014 at 5:57 am

She looks gorgeous! Makeup is always the part that I worry about for when I get married. I can do my hair and have it look great (if I do say so myself), but I’ve never been great at makeup. Plus I feel like it’s better to get someone with experience doing makeup that’s going to be photographed. It’s almost like stage makeup in a way. It needs to be enough that when you photograph it, you don’t look ghostly and your features show up, but you also don’t look like a hooker with too much.

April 15, 2014 at 6:06 am

Beautiful work, ma’am!! I think that I need you at my wedding in June!! 🙂

Susan W.
    April 15, 2014 at 6:12 am

Really, truly, beautiful!

Emerald Earrings
    April 15, 2014 at 6:18 am

Gorgeous! Love all of the lashes! I did my own makeup for my wedding, and I’m so glad I did! I felt so much more comfortable than if I had let someone else do my face!

April 15, 2014 at 6:21 am

She looks beautiful!!!!

April 15, 2014 at 6:25 am

You and your makeup techniques….. Totally rock my world! I have learned so much from you, unreal! You changed how I use my make up now! Thank you Cara for the great post. You are the best!!

April 15, 2014 at 7:25 am

Gorgeous! Eye makeup video tutorial would be so appreciated 🙂 love this look!

April 15, 2014 at 7:55 am

Agree! I love the bronzer as shadow look

April 15, 2014 at 11:00 am

I’m dying to make a video of this look so, consider it done! thank you!

April 15, 2014 at 7:29 am

The ashy bronzer link doesn’t work!!!!!

April 15, 2014 at 11:01 am

So sorry! all fixed now!

April 15, 2014 at 7:41 am

Great post very beautiful!!!!
    Smilingischic/ Clothes Smiles

April 15, 2014 at 7:56 am

It looks like one eye has eyeliner on the water line and the other one doesn’t. Just the way it photographed?

April 15, 2014 at 11:02 am

Good eye! Thank you for mentioning that, I totally forgot to add that! I did use Loreal Gel liner just on the inner rim of her bottom and on her lash line on top:)

Morgan Hart
    April 15, 2014 at 8:09 am

I always love your Do’s & Don’ts posts, they always have such wonderful tips and advice! This one is no exception, and the differences are noticeable in the beautiful pictures!

Morgan //

April 15, 2014 at 8:15 am

Thanks for all of your tips. I Love them!

I have a question. I am using your strawberry shortcake blush and I can’t get most of the stuff at the bottom portion of the container. I am addicted to that stuff and get so many compliments when I wear it. I am ready to take out a pair of pliers to get the rest out!

Do you plan on putting the blushes into a different type of container in the future? That would be awesome!

Hope you and the baby are feeling good!

What the Bride Wore
    April 15, 2014 at 8:30 am

She looks fantastic!!! LOVE the wedding day makeup you selected.

April 15, 2014 at 8:31 am

Did you use eyeliner on the second one at all or did you just use shadow? I can’t tell for sure. Thank you so much for all of your amazing posts!

April 15, 2014 at 8:41 am

Very helpful! Can you please do more bridal looks in the future? I’d love to have them to show the makeup artist doing my wedding!! I’d really appreciate it!!

Elizabeth George
    April 15, 2014 at 8:45 am

Can you share what bronzer you used on the eyes? I have tried to that look and it seams a little to dark when i use my Lancome taupe eye shadow. Suggestions?

April 15, 2014 at 8:49 am

The “Do” is absolutely gorgeous. At first glance I thought it was 2 different women. Photo on right is stunning!

Beth and Beauty
    April 15, 2014 at 8:56 am

Wow! As always you did a fantastic job! When I got married almost 33 years ago, I didn’t even know you could get a makeup artist to do your makeup for your wedding….LOL! Can you tell I am from a small country town. I did my own makeup more or less how I always wore it. Back then I had and could afford was Covergirl and Maybelline products.

April 15, 2014 at 9:02 am

Oh my goodness, the Not This pic looks exactly like me when I put on my ‘standard party make-up’ – which is probably why I tend to conclude that I look better without any make-up at all! I will give it a new try, thanks so much!!

April 15, 2014 at 9:02 am

YAY I’m so happy you did this- my wedding is less than a month away and I bought a bunch of new stuff to try out and play with, so excited!

April 15, 2014 at 9:18 am

My friend asked me to do hers for bridals and unfortunately, didn’t use me for her wedding day, which was fine but I knew she didn’t like how I did it. You kind of draw a fine line when it comes to doing “friends” makeup because you don’t want to have them hate you for how you did their makeup, plus, they feel awkward telling you how they want it done if you aren’t doing exactly how they like it. I did watch your photo makeup tutorial beforehand and made a list of the things I wanted to use, which was super super helpful! The only problem is, I didn’t go into it thinking I knew what i wanted it to look like, plus, she already knew how she wanted it to look. I came over and her hair was already done and ready to go. I used Tomas self tanner on her and tried to really bring out her gorgeous blue eyes, but she didn’t like how I used a lot of the darker tones in the creases of her eyes from the Naked palette to do just that. Plus, she wanted to use her blue eye-liner, which actually looks super gorgeous on her. Anyways, i didn’t feel like she liked how I did it and it was moments like that Cara, that I wish you were there to do it or that I even had your skill and hands for the day. 🙂 Oh well, you live and you learn. But I was so grateful for your tutorials, so thank you!

April 15, 2014 at 10:03 am

I wish I had you to do my makeup for my wedding! I went to two different people before hand to test out makeup and told them I didn’t want it to look or feel like I was wearing a lot of makeup since I don’t normally. The first person told me the makeup would look SO good in photos but I didn’t think it looked good up close and the second’s person version of “not heavy makeup” still made me feel like a clown. I decided I’d rather look good for my husband who would be standing next to me all day rather than make sure the makeup was good for photography.

I ended up doing my own makeup. Nothing special, since I wasn’t (and still am not) an expert when it comes to makeup. I wish I had your blog as a resource back then! But then again, I had other last minute “disasters” with my dress that kept me from worrying about my makeup too much! And in the end my hubby thought I looked like a hottie, so that’s all that matters. 🙂

April 15, 2014 at 10:36 am! Is it possible to go into a little more detail on the eyes? It looks like you lined the top and bottom with black eyeliner, and it looks like there’s a darker shadow under the bottom lashline in the outer corners. Would love to be able to perfect this look, but it’s a little frustrating when you skip some steps in your explanation.

The Natalie Diaries
      April 15, 2014 at 11:51 am

YES! I would like more info on the eyes as well. The lashes look amazing! Would love to know how you did the bottom.

April 15, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Yes please! I want to learn how to do this eye look with bronzer. Thanks!

April 15, 2014 at 10:41 am

Beautiful girl, and beautiful makeup Cara!!!! wow, awesome work. Love the shimmer and lashes for your ‘special day’!! My wedding makeup (though it was only a year ago) is not at ALL what i would want today thanks to your blog, lol. 🙂 Well it wasn’t that bad, i used a plum in the creases and corners of my eyes, to go with the wedding colors. It looked good and not tacky, but I would have done SO much more if I had known about HACing then.

The only, somewhat of a ‘makeup disaster’ there was for me, was that my sparkley earings were huge and gorgeous and dangly, and they slipped off my ears (clip-on) and unknowingly caught in my hair RIGHT before pictures!! Not cool. But that day was the BEST DAY of my life! besides the makeup without a HAC, and no earrings, lol.

Thanks for the awesome blog Cara!!!! LOVE IT!!

Amber Carmona
    April 15, 2014 at 10:55 am

Hey! Beautiful makeup. I really like your blog! You are very talented 🙂

Kendall Weber
    April 15, 2014 at 11:10 am

Just Beautiful! I messaged you on IG about wanting the dark HD Foundation for my upcoming wedding. I got it and the contour is PERFECT! Thank you! Good advice on the trial before hand. After mine I realized everything I have learned from here has made me well equipped to o my own make up on the big day! Wahoo! One big question though, I am an false-lash -holic but I worry with all the tears on that day I don’t want the glue getting wet and coming off. Any tips in addition to water proof glue? P.S. your incredible! My bridesmaids are fiercely scouring your blog for tips for the big day 🙂 thank you for being so awesome! 🙂

Amy Voigt
    April 15, 2014 at 11:15 am

i have a question about the loreal gel liner. I love it…but when i put it on my upper lash line, it still gets into my lashes a bit. im right handed, and maybe my angle is wrong? im looking straight into mirror and approaching my eye from above.

jessicanadine85Jessica Talley
    April 15, 2014 at 11:49 am

I want a HOW TO video! I am getting married on June 14, 2014 and I am doing my own make up. Video please! Love the look, very pretty 🙂

April 15, 2014 at 11:53 am

What is the difference in how you did her brows in the “do” and “don’t”? They look so harsh in the first and so natural in the second. I struggle so much to get my brows to look natural, even though I use MAC Brun. 🙁

April 15, 2014 at 12:07 pm

oh beautiful, so fresh. Just lovely.

April 15, 2014 at 12:21 pm

This is great advice! Especially your tip on bringing your lip color with you- it seems so obvious, but I hadn’t even thought about that!

April 15, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Great tips! Beautiful makeup, Cara! I totally agree about going to a makeup artist BEFORE the actual wedding day. I ended up switching makeup gals because the first run-through didn’t look like me and I decided to switch and am SO glad I did.

April 15, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Great tips! Can’t wait to try the bronzer to define the eyes. I didn’t know much about makeup when I got married almost 5 years ago. I went to a counter and had my make up done and it actually looked like the eyes in the “don’t do this pic” lol. I didn’t like it. The rest of the make up was fine. I should have done a test run like you suggest. Cara knows! Follow her advice. 🙂

Irene Buffa
    April 15, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Such a nice make up

April 15, 2014 at 2:38 pm

This is simply stunning. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a video tutorial of this look. I feel pretty skilled, and can generally follow your tips, but it would be so great to have a video to reference.

April 16, 2014 at 8:35 am

Totally agree with I would love to see this look in a video

Ashley H
    April 15, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Sometimes I wish I had done my own makeup for my wedding, though I didn’t know then (5 years ago) what I know now, thanks to you and Kandee Johnson! I didn’t have a trial run (BIG MISTAKE) so we were winging it as we went. It looked very natural, which is more the look the artist was wanting, but I wanted bold eyes! In the end, it did turn out okay but I wished I could have done more, especially with the eyebrows and eyelashes.
    Now, when I do other people’s makeup for weddings, I always take pictures at the trial runs and ask the person what they like, no matter what I think looks beautiful. If they are happy, then I am happy!

April 15, 2014 at 3:57 pm

This looks beautiful. A question about the bronzer/eye technique – would you recommend this for someone who already has big/prominent eyes? Sometimes when I try to contour my eyes, I think it looks good. Other times I think it looks terrible. The majority of makeup techniques out there are focused On how to make your eyes look bigger, but there’s very little about what to do if you already have big eyes. I also have large permanent circles under my eyes, so always hesitate to put darker shades underneath my eyes. Any thoughts ?

April 15, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Wow! Beautiful. I will say that, as a wedding photographer, I know how important it is for people to wear a bit more makeup than their everyday routine because they’ll be subjected to a variety of lights and flashes. Once, though, I witnessed a makeup artist who tried to pressure a bride into wearing lipstick she wasn’t comfortable with. Granted – the color was pretty – but in the end it needs to be the bride deciding what she wants to wear. She was made to feel bad for choosing the ‘wrong’ hue and that wasn’t a positive way to begin her day. So for brides-to-be: make sure you stick to your guns so you don’t have to live with the wish that you had stood up for yourself. It’s your big day, you get to call the shots – and these are great guidelines to go by!

April 15, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Thanks for all the tips!! She is just simply gorgeous!!

April 15, 2014 at 6:46 pm

I agree, packing on the lashes is a great call!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

April 15, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Oh gosh I have a wedding day blunder- I hired my friend to do my wedding make up. I had seen another friend get her make up done and it was so beautiful, they had done such a great job so I was excited to get mine done. (Note: the people who did my make up and my friends were different people). So she did my make up and I hated it. I didn’t say anything though because I felt bad. I naturally have very rosy cheeks, and had never worn foundation. Well my face was all covered- what I felt was shades lighter making me feel like a ghost. And then I wasn’t used to my colors on my face disappearing. I didn’t feel like myself or confident or anything on my wedding day and I have pictures to show. She was so sweet but I just didn’t feel like how I think a bride should.

April 15, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Such great tips! I will definitely be taking notes for when my big day rolls around. I love the lashes, they really do photograph beautifully.
    xox Logan

April 15, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Such a gorgeous bridal makeup! I myself do makeup for events, but I love learning more and more, this tips are sooo helpful! thank you Cara:)

April 15, 2014 at 9:22 pm

love this, and seriously, what a babe! so i recently purchased that urban decay setting spray, and it really doesn’t work for me. is it because i have oily skin? i mean, i assume so now that i’ve read about the other recommendation.

April 15, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Thank you so so much for posting this Cara 🙂 it is so helpful! What kind of lash glue do you use?

April 15, 2014 at 9:59 pm

She is beautiful in the before and if the after wasn’t pictured, I would probably think her makeup was just fine. BUT the after is STUNNING. You have such a talent for bringing out the best features in the most natural way! This is my favorite makeover/do/don’t ever! This would be nice to see re-created on you or a friend for an in-depth video please 🙂

April 16, 2014 at 5:40 am

Hi you have a really lovely blog! If you’d like to see mine and follow me on bloglovin I always follow back 🙂

April 16, 2014 at 8:31 am

wow she looks amazing I wont be marring any time soon but I hope that my makeup artist at the time its at least half as good as you, and thanks for the inspiration I think I might try something like this for an every day look but maybe more tone down in the lash department

April 16, 2014 at 8:53 am

Love this post!
    I always give my brides a list of rules like yours: no waxing right before, no new skin care products, no extreme tanning, etc. One young bride took the tanning instruction to be limited to her very porcelain face, and went ahead and used a new rub-in self tanner on the rest of her body, but didn’t exfoliate or moisturize, and it was about three shades darker (and orange) than her face. There were so many splotchy patches! Poor thing. At least her face looked lovely!

April 16, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Cara… the new link for the ashy bronzer takes me to NYX eyeshadow in Taupe. Is this right??

April 16, 2014 at 7:37 pm

I am wondering the same!?

April 17, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Those lashes are IN. SANE. SO beautiful.

2-Year Anniversary + Link Love: 04.18.14 - Glossy Blonde
    April 17, 2014 at 8:55 pm

[…] Bridal makeup dos and […]

April 17, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Man, I wish I had this post when I was getting married 10 years ago! I am half-Japanese and appreciate seeing someone Asian on your blog–easier to adapt to my own face. She is beautiful!!

April 18, 2014 at 8:09 pm

This is so beautiful! I love your do’s and don’t posts. I understand a lot more how to do things with the contrast.

April 19, 2014 at 10:57 am

STUNNING! Love her eyes!

April 20, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Miss Sidney is a gorgeous bombshell!! And those eyes!! Look at those eyes! The prettiest lashes framing THE most beautiful brown eyes I have ever seen in a human head! What blue eyes does for Nicole Kidman these lovely sparkly dazzling chocolate beauties does for Sidney. No ordinary browns for sure! I love her makeup look, it is crazy beautiful and natural and so tasteful. She is quite the head turner, I bet she gets sued a lot for causing whip lash in men! And women! 😉 I adore this photo! I must recreate it for myself. Thank you for sharing this! Beautiful, as always.

Chick’s Week n°80 | Smells like Chick Spirit
    April 20, 2014 at 10:56 pm

[…] eu la bonne idée de nous proposer des règles de ce qu’il faut faire et ne pas faire pour un maquillage de mariée réussi […]

Links da Semana | Não nasci diva
    April 21, 2014 at 8:35 am

[…] os “Dos and Don’ts” da Cara! Este post embora para noivas, pode ser usado para qualquer […]

Make Up | Welcome to
    April 23, 2014 at 5:53 am

[…] Bridal Makeup Do's & Don'ts | Maskcara Makeup Do's & Don'ts. April 15, 2014. How to look naturally stunning on your wedding day! I want to start this post off the same way I start all of my “do this, not that” posts. This is just my opinion from my experience and my personal taste … […]

April 25, 2014 at 3:38 am

Can you do a tutorial on this?

May 6, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Do you have any recommendations for makeup artists in the South Lake Tahoe area? I’m getting married there in October and have no idea where I should start looking . . . any help is appreciated!

Desert Bridal Shoot with Maskcara |Las Vegas, Nevada
    May 7, 2014 at 9:27 am

[…] This shoot was a styled bridal shoot where beforehand Cara did a “dont” look on the model on what to NOT do with your makeup on your wedding day and then a “do” look. Then we shot the full awesome shoot with the DO makeup obviously haha. Heres a link to Cara’s post! […]

June 10, 2014 at 8:33 am

Hi Cara, I know this is an older post but I was just hoping to get some advice about this look. I am attempting it for my wedding coming up soon. I bought the mink eyelashes and managed to put clusters under my eyes but my eyes seemed too dark in photos. I have the same color eyes as Sidney, and I do not think i’m fully understanding how to do the framing of the eye with bronzer. I hope to hear back from you or get a video tutorial out of it!

Bridal Guide: How to Look Great on Your Wedding Photos - TheKnotStory
    July 16, 2014 at 9:14 am

[…] it is the most common thing to lose control and force yourself beyond your limits. However, overdoing with make-up on the wedding day will make you look ridiculous and even cheap. To avoid that, you can consult the mirror after every […]

ASAP Bride
    August 17, 2014 at 12:46 pm

I’m getting married in 3 weeks and I’m having trouble finding those exact lashes. Do you have the link?

Joshua Wagstaff
    August 22, 2014 at 9:29 pm

All the tips are too helpful. Really you have post most valuable tips to make a bride so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing all the fabulous tips….

June 8, 2015 at 11:39 am

Is there anyway you could do a tutorial video on this look^

September 10, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Do you recommend having a professional makeup consultation for a big event? Your makeup is beautiful, but I’m afraid it won’t turn out that way when I try it!

October 23, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Superb makeup! “Look like you!” I can’t agree more.