Bronzed Barbie Makeup

Remember my beautiful friend Anne I used to show off that awesome tanner?
Well, we used her tan self AND her fair self to make a couple of SUPER easy and completely gorgeous makeup pictorials.
Starting with her gorgeous tan look.
{Incredible Photography by Jessica Janae Photography}

Step by step:

We started by giving her a nice bronzalicious tan with Tanwise Mousse (we used the mousse on her body and face)
Then we evened out her complexion and gave her some sculpt with IIID Foundation in Wheat and Stone.
For her eyes using a medium shadow brush we framed her eyes (all the way around her bottom and top lash line and up to her crease) with some Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer.
Next we lined her inner rim and upper lash line with Loreal Gel Liner in Blackest Black (this liner is my favorite for the rim, you don’t risk jabbing yourself in the eye and it last better there than any I’ve used. If you have trouble getting yours to last try dabbing it with a little powder on a Q Tip before using the liner, it will dry it out and give it something to grab onto!) And Layered on some mascara.
Since it was such an easy look I thought we could use our extra time to stick on some lashes (I’m actually on a major hunt right now for ways to REALLY maximize your lashes without falsies so bare with me while I try everything out there!) We chose Ardell Whispies.
Since the rest of her face was bronzes and browns I really wanted to brighten her up with some hot pink lips and cheeks.
She dabbed in Dahlia with the ELF stipple brush right in her cheek apples (the part that sticks out when you smile:)
We lined her lips with MAC Dervish, blended that in and topped it off with a a splurge gloss and plumper I love from Dior.

April 9, 2014 at 4:02 am

She looks so naturally beautiful!

April 9, 2014 at 4:29 am

Wowsers! I want to look like that.

Kylie Storm Crichton
    April 9, 2014 at 4:31 am

So pretty!!! Love this look!

April 9, 2014 at 4:49 am

Check out Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum – it’s GREAT for under mascara to plump lashes. I use it under Chantecaille Faux Cils. Pricey but SO worth it. I use drugstore make up for practically everything else, but mascara I go high end.

Amber Wave
    April 9, 2014 at 5:03 am

I love how this look is so ready for summer. I keep getting tons of compliments on my golden tan! Except this tan doesn’t come with early aging or red burned skin 😀

Just a tip of my own, my eyelashes were average and last November I purchased neuLash and I think it made my eyelashes AMAZING. It’s a little pricey but I only went through one bottle and they are still extremely long.

Also, I’ve fallen in love with the Stila Stay-All-Day Vinyl Lip Gloss. They last with a beautiful glossy finish all day (except when I eat); I just apply before work and after lunch and I get compliments from all of my lady coworkers. I have all the colors and can make them fairly sheer with a hint of color or thick with a bright and bold color.

Love your blog (and you) and hope you start feeling better!

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    April 9, 2014 at 5:11 am

I am super jealous of her adorable dimples.

I want to be able to wear fake lashes but no matter how many times I watch tutorials and practice I just end up making a mess.

Amy H
    April 9, 2014 at 5:34 am

I know you already use coconut oil to remove eye makeup, but ever since I have been using it, my brows and lashes have been growing in nice and thick. Maybe ithe old remover wasn’t healthy for growth, and was preventing nice brows and lashes.

Noelle S.
    April 9, 2014 at 5:46 am

Hey Cara~ My name is Noelle. I have been following your blog for years and I love it. Thank you! I appreciate your help with make up tips over the years. I can’t believe I am going to share a make up product with you for a change, but I swear it the best thing since sliced bread. I love long and full lashes but can’t deal with falsies and never even considered extensions. I had almost given up on MASCARA from cheap to expensive brands until I was introduced to Younique’s 3D Fiber lashes this last February. I said if I liked it that I would shout it from the rooftops! It increases your natural lashes length and fullness by up to 300%. It is unbelievable Cara! It is ALL natural, wears ALL day, and washes off super easily with your normal routine. The before and after pics if you google or youtube them with the words Younique 3D Fiber Lash are insane. I wear it EVERY day, even if that is all I put on with lip gloss. Your eyelashes will be off the charts and I haven’t met one person that doesn’t love it who has tried it. If you are up for it, it is on my link here. A two month supply is $29 and it is a gel/green tea fiber system with two tubes in a super stylish and sturdy case. I would LOVE to know what you think.

Miranda V.
      April 9, 2014 at 7:30 am

I agree with Noelle! The 3d fiber lashes are outstanding!!!

Melissa McD.
      April 9, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I second the Younique 3D Fiber lashes- best product I’ve ever tried!!!

Noelle S.
    April 9, 2014 at 5:49 am

I will even buy you one if you are interested and send it to you. I don’t know if my email comes up for you to see but email me if you are interested. 🙂 I am also on pinterest with you. Hope you are doing well. Have a great day!

Kelly M
    April 9, 2014 at 5:58 am

Hi Cara! I’m still trying to figure out how to line the rims of my eyes. What do you mean by “try dabbing it with a little powder on a Q Tip”? Does “it” refer to the rim or the liner (brush)? Thanks for another great post.

April 9, 2014 at 1:06 pm

She means the rim of your eyes! Since your waterline is really wet it needs to dry out to hold the liner so that’s what you use the Q-tip with powder for 🙂

April 9, 2014 at 6:08 am

when will your bridal makeup be posted?

Beth and Beauty
    April 9, 2014 at 6:15 am

Gorgeous Look! She is beautiful. Thank you for the powder Q-tip liner tip. I also have some tips on my blog if you or any of your followers want to check them out. Just click on my picture/name and it will get you there.

April 9, 2014 at 10:26 am

Uh, Beth! Every single post doesn’t need an ad for your blog! I’m so tired of seeing you pimp your sight on Cara’s. It’s getting old!!!

April 15, 2014 at 3:35 pm

April 9, 2014 at 6:59 am

Such a simple look, but so pretty!!

April 9, 2014 at 7:26 am

Oh my goodness, so pretty!

Julie Fitzgerald
    April 9, 2014 at 8:13 am

Check out 3D Fiber lashes by Younique. It goes on like mascara

April 9, 2014 at 8:54 am

Wow, I LOVE how natural and gorgeous this look is! I feel like when your skin is tanned you can go sooo light on the makeup application and still look incredible! Can’t wait to try. xo

April 9, 2014 at 10:17 am

Do you use the tanning mousse before or after moisturizing? And is it still a good idea to exfoliate the face before using tanner?

April 9, 2014 at 10:49 am

You should do a tutorial on applying tanner to the face! 😀 I’ve always struggled with that, haha!

Natalia Berezneva
    April 9, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Nice work Cara! Your friend reminds me very much of an actress named Stacey Scowley: I even thought it was her at first.

April 9, 2014 at 1:05 pm

That blonde shade is really, really pretty on her, and Ardell Whispies are always the way to go. Great post!

April 9, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I’ve been DYING to try your foundation Cara so do you think of I’m naturally pretty fair but use the Tanwise tanning face gel and mousse for body that I could try out your dark foundation like she used?

April 9, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Holy no fair, she is friggin gorgeous!

April 9, 2014 at 1:58 pm

She looks stunning! I love that lipstick on her skin tone and must try it out! xoxo, BA

April 9, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I bought Younique 3D fiber lash mascara in January for the first time and just did a reorder. unlike any other mascara. you should give it a try!!:)

April 9, 2014 at 5:26 pm

I had been waiting for your Medium iiiD foundation after mine ran out and finally decided just to buy the dark — its perfect!! I use the tomas spray on my face before putting on my makeup so it turns out to be the right coloring … the highlight matches my skin tone which I think its supposed to be lighter in order to HAC correctly BUT… i don’t always want to HAC so its perfect. Just thought I’d mention that since this is the second time Ive seen you use the dark shade on lighter skinned gals.

April 13, 2014 at 5:43 am

I’m so glad to read this comment Megan! I’d say I’m a medium skin tone, and I ordered her IIID in medium but it does nothing for me. Hence I’ve used it only twice, afterwards going over it with my old makeup routine. After seeing Cara use dark on this fairer skined beauty it prompted me to buy the dark. I am anxiously awaiting its delivery!!

April 9, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Pretty pictures but not a good tutorial.

April 9, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Hi Cara! Have you tried Tarte’s Gifted Amazonian clay mascara? I can’t use fake eyelashes (not coordinated or patient enough) so I use this mascara and it’s amazing! My lashes look long and full after just two sweeps. I highly recommend it 🙂 it’s $19 @ ulta or online

April 10, 2014 at 5:02 am

Try Latisse! I used to have “nubs” for eyelashes and after using latisse they grew so long I had to trim them and they were THICK! I haven’t used it for over two years now and my eyelashes still grow longer than before. I am about to start another round and I am so excited! It CAN irritate some but my eyes are pretty sensitive and never were bothered. It is pricey but lasts much longer than expected. I highly recommend it. A few of my friends tried it after seeing my results and they loved it as well.

April 10, 2014 at 6:55 am

My favorite liner for the rim is from Tarte. I have two from them that I really like. One is emphasEYES amazonian clay waterproof liner and the other is emphasEYES aqua-gel eyeliner. Both stay on all day and if I conveniently “forget” to wash my makeup off at night when I get home, it is still there in the morning. (Don’t try that part though…) It even stays on when I swim. Best thing I’ve ever tried!

April 10, 2014 at 7:47 am

I have never worn false eyelashes because I’m intimidated by the application. I would love to try these, but perhaps they are too much for an older gal? (I’m 50.) Anyone have any ideas for me?

April 10, 2014 at 8:16 am

Hey, if you’re looking to try something besides false lashes, I just found out about this mascara yesterday. I haven’t looked into it a lot yet but from the pictures, it looks like false lashes. I had a friend on Facebook post a picture with her regular mascara and this kind and the difference was huge. I haven’t tried it yet…and maybe you already have, but if you do try it, I would love a review!…/prod…/view/US-1017-00

April 11, 2014 at 8:44 am

Wow! I love this! I am headed to Sally’s tomorrow to purchase the tanner you recommended! I am excited to try it! My natural skin color is very close to her natural skin color (pre-tanner), so very white! I’d love to do my hair with a similar shade that she has. Do you know what hair color Anne uses?

April 12, 2014 at 9:28 pm

It’s bleached with redken bleach + 30 vol and then toned with Wella T18 🙂

Best of the Beauty Blogs – April 12, 2014 |
    April 12, 2014 at 9:06 am

[…] at Maskcara shows you how to look like a bronzed […]

April 12, 2014 at 5:47 pm

This is so beautiful!!
    xox Logan

April 14, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I would love to send you Younique 3D fiber lash mascara to try! I am an independent seller. You will die and go to eyelash heaven !! Please give me info of where to send it to 🙂

April 15, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Eyelash recommendation: I have been using Rapid Lash for a few years and I love it! My mom used it first and I about fell over when I saw how long her lashes grew. I am very skeptical of products that seem to overpromise, but it really has worked for me.

April 15, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Cara, try Lash Grande!!! Amazing my lashes are we’re short and light like yours and in 4 weeks my mother accused me of wearing falsies! Got it at the hair salon but I’m sure you could find it! I’ve tried others and no comparison! I absolutely love love your blog and all your tips and tricks! Keep it up girl! Congrats to all your success!

Katie / Charming City Style
    April 16, 2014 at 9:26 am

This might be one of my favorite make up looks I’ve seen you do. It’s so simple, but looks stunning. Makes me wish for a little more color on my face so I can copy it.

i heart heart Sunnies | Maskcara
    October 12, 2014 at 10:14 am

[…] makeup | sunnies | Top | Skirtalls (similar) | Boots (borrowed from Jessica’s feet!) […]