Makeup Makeup Products Products

5 great things under 5 bucks

There’s something that feels so freeing about waltzing into Walmart or Forever21…the feeling that whatever I see there…if I want it bad enough…it could be mine.
Makes a girl feel like she’s really made it in life….
Walk into Nordstrom and that comfort is shattered! I have trained myself not to linger too long in any of the shmancy areas. It’s like dating a bad boy. You just might fall in love with something you can never have.
Sometimes you just want to be free to look around without price tag anxiety looming over you. Which is why I made this little collection for you today.
Cause if you want it bad enough, 5 dollars (or less!) is pretty doable.
Feel free to fall in love with any one of these at your leisure.

5 awesome products for 5 dollars or less!

LOVE Earrings |  Pageant Princess Gloss | Natural Lip Liner | Grapefruit Facial Wipes | Stackable Midi Rings

Happy Hump Day!
(thanks for all of your help with the morning sickness BTW I am starting to feel much better!)

March 12, 2014 at 5:24 am

Definitely great things under five dollars!!!

March 12, 2014 at 5:37 am

Another product I feels surpasses even the high end eye liners are elf’s liners. I order online and they are $1. I’ve tried drug store brands to Urban Decay, Stilla, etc. keep going back to elf!

March 12, 2014 at 7:11 am

Where did you order the elf liner? I recently purchased a Stilla black liner for $20 works pretty good.
      Anything that’s less than $20 I’m willing to try!;)

March 12, 2014 at 5:40 am

Cara, this post is an example of why we love you. Though you are approaching celebrity status and have your own line of make up, you still relate to the every day girl living in the every day world trying to live in the every day budget. You also add that touch of conventional wisdom and advice that reaches deeper than the gloss and glam of our society. Thanks for keeping in touch!

March 12, 2014 at 6:52 am

Neutral is spelled wrong… Eeek! 🙂

March 12, 2014 at 7:12 am

Love all of these!

Brittany Debity Barker
    March 12, 2014 at 7:36 am

Hey Cara! Just wanted to pass along that green apples really help with morning sickness. I craved them with my second and my doc confirmed that they will help settle your stomach. Thanks for still posting – we want you to feel better, but we sure do miss you!

March 12, 2014 at 7:38 am

These earrings are so cute!!

Beth and Beauty
    March 12, 2014 at 8:27 am

So glad to hear you are feeling better! I know it has been rough on you but it will all be worth it in the end. I know I was preggo years ago but when I had such bad morning sickness my doctor gave me a Vitamin B-12 shot and it did help. I pick up the Lavender Makeup wipes every time I am in Forever 21. They are smoothing to my skin. Thank you so much for taking time and posting this article for us. If you or anyone else has a chance, I have my March 2014 Ipsy bag reveal on my blog today! I seem to have got it early this month. Yay!!!

March 12, 2014 at 9:17 am

where do you buy all those new ELF cosmetics? My Target store does not keep up

March 12, 2014 at 9:27 am

Sami – go to the E.L.F. website: They have SOOO many products online and they frequently have some sort of 50% off sale going on.

the fabulous life of a natural disaster
    March 12, 2014 at 9:53 am

Super cute post! I’m a sucker for budget buys 🙂

x abigail, the fabulous life of a natural disaster

Rachel @ My Adventures as a RInderknecht
    March 12, 2014 at 9:59 am

I really want to try those grapefruit face wipes! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Me and Baby E
    March 12, 2014 at 11:28 am

My first time to your blog! LOVE it! I am all about accessible beauty and fashion, this is an awesome post and so many great posts here! Glad to have run across you on Bloglovin 🙂

March 12, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Those little rings are SO cute!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Alexandra Aimee
    March 12, 2014 at 5:15 pm

I LOVE the idea of a cheap nude lip liner! I will have to check it out!

— Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

March 12, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I love all the awesomely cheap goodies you posted, Cara! Especially the LOVE earrings! Cheap chic! Which reminds me, I need to take a trip to Goodwill! You never know what treasure you will find. I’ve found vintage style earrings, watches, and bracelets. Cool jean and leather jackets and awesome boots and sparkly heels! And pretty dresses…. Yep, I gotsta go! Cheap thrills everywhere you look at thrift and consignment shops. 🙂

March 13, 2014 at 6:01 am

Thanks for the tips. Question for you: You mentioned in the Makeover Monday comments that refurbished IIID foundation would be going on sale, Yea! I’m so in! Where will that information be posted first? In your regular blog or under the IIID section? I want to make sure that I am stalking in the right place,:-) I am so in love with the original formula (I’m sure the next gen will be great too) and am running out. I so hope I get my hands on 1 (or 2) of the refurbished ones. Congrats about the baby!

Stacie Northern
    March 13, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Hey Cara! I was wondering if you’ve ever tried the Rock Your Hair products? The hot pink rhinestone bottles! lol Congrats on your new addition!! Xoxo

March 13, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Love this lip liner. It cost like 2 bucks at Sally’s Beauty. I have been using it for years. And trust me, I have about 15 more expensive nude lip liners from various lines that I don’t like as well.

March 14, 2014 at 6:19 am

Hi Cara! I am dying to find the PERFECT nude/pink gloss without shimmer/sparkle. Any thoughts/suggestions? I’m not super picky with sticky versus non-sticky. I’m mostly just looking for that ideal color that can go with anything. Any suggestions? I am open to drug-store or higher name brand glosses.

March 14, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Claudia, I got a great lip gloss that’s the perfect pink/nude in my Ipsy bag this month…. It’s Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in Rebel… It’s not sparkly or shimmery, just a lovely shade.

March 15, 2014 at 10:04 pm

I love those rings! they look really cute

John J
    March 16, 2014 at 4:57 am

You have a great blog! If I were a girl I would read every post you make. 🙂

Jen Stan
    March 16, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Great collection of affordable products.

March 16, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Love this thanks!

April 11, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Hey Cara! I was wondering what editing tool you used to write/edit your photos!