My Life

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Christian has something he wants to announce:

(Amendment: He isn’t actually 5, he’s just a wishful 3 year old. He measures his height by his own metrics, Grinches. He’s sure it’s a girl but we have no evidence of that yet & we probably aren’t going to name her/him Golem, much to his eternal dismay. Also, he’s never even seen Lord of the Rings so…no idea where he got that:)
We are so extremely thrilled!
And get this, the baby has the exact same due date as Christian did!
October 3rd.
So pretty much an eternity from now! (I’m only 9 weeks along)
The reason I decided to tell you so early is because:
A. I’m terrible at keeping secrets
B. My low level of functioning probably needs to be addressed:)

Which brings up my next point:
We need to talk about something that is highly misrepresented by movies, commercials and even by it’s very own name.

MORNING SICKNESS.
Which should actually be called “The Stomach Flu’s Evil Stepsister.” Because it’s somewhat similar to a bout of food poisoning except it lasts for 3 months (sometimes more!) and it comes with fun little extras like the fact that you have to continue eating between puke sessions and your powers of smell are so wildly heightened that you could actually smell crime. And ALL smells are bad. Some worse than others. Like the taquitos my husband enjoys every afternoon for instance.

I feel like there are two people that live inside me. One of them handles my emotional pain and discomfort (we’ll call her Em) . She is a go getter I tell ya. She laughs in the face of challenge. Puts on her big girl panties and takes care of business. She has the coping and denial skills necessary for anything you throw her way!
….But also inside me is Priss, who is in charge of physical pain and discomfort. Oh man. What a wimp! Just tell her about a paper cut and she’ll curl up in the fetal position and whimper. When a situation like mine occurs a war rages within my brain. Em is barking orders at Priss like “Get up! Get out of bed! EVERYONE HAS BABIES! You are not getting a blessed bundle of joy! Be grateful for heavens sake!  And get working.”

Sometimes Em gets Priss hopped up enough to get in the shower. “OK, I can do this, I’ll shower then do some fancy makeup, play kitties with Christian & maybe even film a video!?” Which is all just talk because half way through rinsing her Wen (which in her defense, is kind of a big job) she limps back to the bed for a short break…that lasts the rest of the day.

In fact I was so pathetic one day that my sister Celeste offered to draw up some sketches for me. To, ya know, get my pain out on paper. So I thought I would share her beautiful talents:)

This one depicts the dangerous balance between too much food and not enough, or the wrong food.
In a piece titled “Bun in the Oven”

bunintheoven

This one is to display my incredible naivety. Upon finding out I was pregnant I was absolutely sure I could change my sickness fate…which was a noble goal and a total failure:)

morningsickenss

I hope this made you laugh a little, but ultimately I know that this sick business is really nothing in the grand scale of things.
Carrying a baby is a gigantic blessing and I’m incredibly grateful for it.
We are so excited to add another member to our family, this baby has a lot of love waiting for her/him when she comes out:)

Love you all!
And thank you so much for your patience with me through this trimester!
signature

291 Comments

tequi
    March 3, 2014 at 4:27 am

Congratulations !!!!!

Tiffany McClurg
    March 3, 2014 at 4:28 am

Congratulations!!! And here’s to getting to the not-so-sick-second trimester quickly! Cheers.

Tracy
    March 3, 2014 at 4:37 am

Awwww!!! Congrats to you all!!! Wishing you a safe and healthy pregnancy!!!

maggierhea
    March 3, 2014 at 4:39 am

yay Cara! So excited for you! I’m expecting my first, due September 15th. I keep holding on to the hope that my second trimester will be better..only one more week!!

allison
      March 5, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Sept. 15th is a greeeeat bday to have!! 🙂 Congrats!

Dan Dan Fagan
    March 3, 2014 at 4:40 am

Awesome news!! I bet Christian is the best sickness cure ever. Best of luck with the pregnancy! This was so cute and funny. Love his “proud of meee” face x

MC
    March 3, 2014 at 4:40 am

Congratulations!!!!! I like Christian’s name choice by the way LOL

samanthawarstler
    March 3, 2014 at 4:41 am

Congratulations!!! Don’t worry about your low level of functioning, at least blog-wise:) taking care of yourself is more important.

BC
    March 3, 2014 at 4:44 am

congratulations Cara! is it weird that just last night i was thinking of you & thought: i wonder when she’s going to post to tell us that she’s pregnant? VERY weird!

Anna C
    March 3, 2014 at 4:44 am

What wonderful news! So sorry to hear about the morning sickness–before you know it you’ll be past it and feeling great, enjoying the miracle within you.

Kelly
    March 3, 2014 at 4:45 am

Congratulations! Have you tried eating a lot of protein to help with the morning sickness. This was counterintuitive to me but worked wonders with my second pregnancy. I know the same things don’t work for everyone but maybe this will help you too!

Cca
    March 3, 2014 at 4:53 am

Congratulations!!!

Paige Barcus
    March 3, 2014 at 4:55 am

Oh how I remember it all, Cara! Just remember it leaves as fast as it took over you…them you sparkle, men open doors for you and (yuk) people think that they have the right to feel your tummy. Two outta three isn’t bad! Thrilled for you!

kimberly
    March 3, 2014 at 4:58 am

So excited for you – congratulations!! Hope you get to feeling better soon 🙂

Mags
    March 3, 2014 at 4:58 am

Congratulations! I hope you have an easy pregnancy. Sorry no advice for morning sickness. I didn’t get it. **looks away embarrassed**. I hope it all goes smoothly. No worries about the blog. We will all be here for you.

Amanda Boatwright
    March 3, 2014 at 4:58 am

I am so beyond excited that someone else is sharing this blessing/pain with me!!! I am due October 2 and this will be my first! However, I had no idea that this would be this way…. My cart looked identical to yours in that picture plus some zofran! I’m finding that zofran is my new necessity…. And did I mention my GLOW?! Lol far from that… I look like he** warmed over! I can not wait to see all of your blog post throughout our pregnancy! Good luck and I hope you feel better!

Amanda
    P.s. We need a post about stretch marks! I’m so nervous about getting them!

Cyrena
      March 3, 2014 at 2:23 pm

How fun. I’m Due with my second on the October 1st :). Perfect description of my life right now too.

Jessica S.
    March 3, 2014 at 5:01 am

Congratulations!

I am Stacey (@lynniebolli)
    March 3, 2014 at 5:02 am

Awww! Congratulations…. so very happy for you!

Kylie Storm Crichton
    March 3, 2014 at 5:03 am

Congratulations Cara! That is such exciting, wonderful news!! Feel better lady!

Angie
    March 3, 2014 at 5:07 am

That’s wonderful news! Congratulations! I’m due with my third within about one week of your due date, so we’re on the same boat. That first drawing is just perfect (unfortunately!). 🙂 Take care of yourself- we all understand! Maybe you could have some guest posters or something. Or nothing at all. 🙂 Morning sickness can be a beast and there will be people who don’t understand (other moms included). I was so terribly sick with my second that I actually ended up in the hospital. I got lots of well-meaning advice to eat Saltines, drink ginger ale, etc. I was sooooooo beyond those type of things helping (and believe me, in my desperation, I tried everything!!). Again, just take care of yourself and rest and I hope everyone understands and gives you lots of grace even if we don’t hear from you at all for a few months. Even if some don’t, do it anyway! 🙂 blessings to you and your growing family.

Leslie McDonald
    March 3, 2014 at 5:08 am

Congrats Cara! My daughter’s bday is Oct. 2 maybe they will share a birthday 🙂

Ailyn
    March 3, 2014 at 5:08 am

tried vitamin B6? my obs said I could try that when I had my sickness.

Karrina
    March 3, 2014 at 5:11 am

Congratulations! Hope it is a girl for your lil man.

Vickie
    March 3, 2014 at 5:13 am

Congratulations!!!!

Deegan
    March 3, 2014 at 5:15 am

Congratulations! I have four little ones and I so remember those days. Just remember, it does get better. Best wishes! God bless!

chris
    March 3, 2014 at 5:16 am

congratulations! so happy for you!

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    March 3, 2014 at 5:17 am

Congrats 🙂

michellels
    March 3, 2014 at 5:19 am

Wonderful news, Cara! 🙂 So happy for your little family!

Lauren H
    March 3, 2014 at 5:22 am

Congratulations!! I hope your morning sickness doesn’t last too much longer. 🙂

Natalie Center
    March 3, 2014 at 5:22 am

Congrats!!!! I’m sorry you are so sick!! I completely understand! I was so sick with my first I ended up in the hospital for 5 days. Praying it passes soon and you have a fabulous second and third trimester!!

Window to Our Soul
    March 3, 2014 at 5:24 am

Congratulations!! Looking forward to following your baby journey!

Jeni Coleman
    March 3, 2014 at 5:26 am

Cara this was absolutely the best! I’m so happy for you guys! I pray blessings upon your sweet family! Thank you for taking care of all of us that have no idea what makeup even is, much less how to put it on! Not to worry, we will all be here waiting for you! Take care of you and that sweet baby and all the rest will fall into place! XO

Allison
    March 3, 2014 at 5:27 am

Cara!!!! Omg!!! I’m so excited for you! I’m 21 weeks & just found out I’m having a girl. We already have a son, who’s 2.5 🙂 I’m exactly a month off from when his site date was. Mason was due June 8 & little Marley is due July 8. Morning sickness is awful. Zofran is the only thing that helped me keep anything down! Don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s hard work growing a little human inside of you!!!!

Erin Smith
    March 3, 2014 at 5:27 am

Congratulations! Soak up all the one on one time with your son now while you can! And be prepared- as you hold your new baby in your arms, your first (baby) will all of a sudden be a big boy! When I had my 2nd (a boy, he’s 18months) my 3 1/2 year old daughter came to visit me in the hospital and it made me cry to see how grown up she looked next to the new baby. Its so sad how time
    so quickly and our babies grow up right before our eyes! I wish you the best of luck- and rest, rest, rest!!!

Christine
    March 3, 2014 at 5:27 am

Congratulations! What wonderful news…and thanks for sharing it with us all. I loved your sister’s drawings

Michele
    March 3, 2014 at 5:32 am

Congratulations! One day (or hour, minute, second) at a time:) Blessings!

Wendy
    March 3, 2014 at 5:34 am

Congrats! That’s exciting news!!

Katie B.
    March 3, 2014 at 5:37 am

Congrats!! Your little guy is so cute; he will be an awesome big brother!! 🙂

Cecilia
    March 3, 2014 at 5:38 am

Congratulations Cara!… What a Blessing! So very happy for you!!!!

Kasey
    March 3, 2014 at 5:39 am

Congrats! What a blessing!

Casey
    March 3, 2014 at 5:39 am

Congratulations!!! Wish I had a cure for that morning sickness to share with you, but I think it’s all trial and error, and just TIME. I’m so excited for your family. Your sister did a wonderful job with the drawings! She is very talented. Take it easy, I do believe rest is best when you’re feeling yucky. God bless you and your little bun!

Corinne Mosdell
    March 3, 2014 at 5:39 am

Congratulations!!! Love you guys!! FYI: lily was due on Olivia’s bday too!!!

Meredith
    March 3, 2014 at 5:43 am

That’s wonderful! Congratulations!!!!

Nicole G
    March 3, 2014 at 5:44 am

Yay! October babies are the best! I’m sure you you will feel better soon. Sugar free gum helped me 🙂

Elizabeth
    March 3, 2014 at 5:45 am

I just knew it!!!! I’ve been thinking about how much I’ve missed your posts and thinking something big had to be going on. Either with your IIID or that your were pregnant! So sorry to hear its rough. I hope and pray it will get better real soon. The video was darling and Christian is going to be an awesome big brother! What does Nick think about it? I bet he already has a little Duke shirt for baby

mountaingirl5280
    March 3, 2014 at 5:46 am

Congratulations…so excited for you all! Christian’s video brought tears to my eys, so sweet! Ask your doctor about Zofran for the nausea. It was a life saver during my pregnancies.

Kristen
    March 3, 2014 at 5:46 am

That’s so exciting! Congrat’s!!

Carolina
    March 3, 2014 at 5:50 am

So exited 4 You & your family!!
    CONGRATS!!!

Sara
    March 3, 2014 at 5:52 am

Congratulations! I’d start the day with protein. Always protein at the beginning of every meal or snack. if you need to keep a jar of peanut butter at your bedside so you can have a spoonful before you get up, do it. Or, better yet, use natural, no sugar, pb, and have hubby bring you a spoonful. Or cheese. Or eggs if you can tolerate them. Good luck! It’s awful. I always had a large coke on hand, and I think that’s worse for the babies than anything!

Melissa Gaines (@melGmow)
    March 3, 2014 at 5:53 am

Congratulations! The video is sooo great! Can’t believe your son is three and talking so good, my little guy just turned 4 yesterday and there’s a big difference in speech. We are working on it though!

The morning sickness ends…well most of the time ;). A reminder of the miracle.

lindseyhohman
    March 3, 2014 at 5:54 am

Oh girl…. I am so sorry… (About the sickness, not the baby! Congrats on that!) I am due April 16th with my second and I had “all-day-sickness-all-9-months” with both. I am still getting sick with this little girl. I am not going to give you any advcie on what will make it better, because it just has to run its course. I’ll keep you in my special “mommy-to-be” prayers and I know you already know… it’s worth it. Love reading your blog and look forward to seeing how beautifully you handle pregnancy!

Diana C.
    March 3, 2014 at 5:55 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You got this! Give in and just roll with it. This is a guilt-free zone. We are so happy for you. Just don’t name “her” Golum. Lol.

Joleen
    March 3, 2014 at 6:01 am

Love the ‘bun in the oven’ picture. That’s exactly how my pregnancies look, and I hate to break it to ya, but it really doesn’t get better the more kids you have. 😉 And I want you to know how much i LOVE your blog. You’re so down to earth and your tutorials feel so approachable for the real life woman. Thank you for being yourself and sharing it with the rest of us.

Kayla
    March 3, 2014 at 6:05 am

Yay! Congratulations! I was just wondering the other day when you were going to have another baby. 😉 So exciting!

Amy
    March 3, 2014 at 6:06 am

Congratulations!!!! I’m so excited and happy for you guys!!!

Maria
    March 3, 2014 at 6:07 am

I’m sending many many good vibes your way! Congtats! 🙂

Susan
    March 3, 2014 at 6:08 am

Congrats on your wonderful news!

Morning sickness is caused by vitamin/mineral deficiencies. You might want to look for a Naturopathic Dr to see what they recommend eating or even using whole food supplements.

We have a Peoples RX Pharmacy here in Austin, Tx and they also have Naturopathic Drs that work out of an office a few doors down. Maybe one of your fans can recommend a Naturopathic Dr or a pharmacy or health food store where someone can offer safe ideas to stop the morning sickness??

When I was pregnant, I hated morning sickness and why they called it morning sickness, I’ll never know because I had it throughout the day!

I hope that you find a way to get rid the morning sickness. You might want to look at http://www.mommypotamus dot com because she has a post on her main page (last time I looked) about morning sickness.

Hang in there!

Monique
    March 3, 2014 at 6:10 am

Congrats !! I also had my youngest son (as well as oldest daughter) in October and it seemed like an eternity away. I wasn’t a “glowing bundle of love” during any of my pregnancies, more like a “pale satchel of nausea” …for like 7 months. And yes, the smells are the worst !! lol. You’ll get through it and it’ll all be worth it. Congrats again and I’ll keep my fingers crossed the sickness ends sooner than later.

Jessi
    March 3, 2014 at 6:12 am

Congratulations!! What exciting news! Also, you are a trooper—morning sickness/stomach flu/food poisoning ranks right up there with my greatest fears in life. #hero Also, Grinches and Golem! Lol; too sweet.

Lindsay
    March 3, 2014 at 6:19 am

Congratulations Cara!! I am due October 22nd and right there in the trenches with ya!! I was naive enough to believe that I was going to avoid the nausea roller coaster ride and then it hit me like a ton of bricks about a week and a half ago lol. I have PCOS and am 36 years old with my first pregnancy… I didn’t even think I would ever be able to get pregnant so I like to think of each waive of nausea and gag ad a gentle reminder from my precious cargo of what a miracle God has blessed me with!! And thank you for putting my feelings into words with Em and Priss. Priss wins out most days unfortunately lol. Congratulations again and many blessings and know you are not alone during these times.

Tracey
    March 3, 2014 at 6:19 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! This is awesome news….actually I have been waiting for this announcement, I’ve had a feeling you were going to be adding a sweet bundle of joy to your lovely family soon!

Elle
    March 3, 2014 at 6:20 am

So excited for you! What a miracle, take care of yourself and try to get some rest. This video is so adorable, it made me tear up. Prayers your way!

Liz
    March 3, 2014 at 6:27 am

Congratulations!! How exciting for your family! Your little guy will be such a great big brother. : )
    The “morning” sickness is the worst…I’ve had it bad with all three of mine but thankfully (for me at least) it does end promptly at 12/13 weeks. I have read that beans (the dried kind) can help with that, though I have never personally tried it (though I plan to if we are blessed with another!). I hope you have some “pregnancy beauty” posts somewhere along the way!

angie
    March 3, 2014 at 6:28 am

congrats!!!!

kmadsen65
    March 3, 2014 at 6:29 am

First of all CONGRATULATIONS Cara!

Secondly, I feel for you. Practically the moment I found out that I was pregnant with my daughter, I was deathly ill ~ ALL THE TIME!! I would cry all the time saying things like, “other women love being pregnant and have wonderful pregnancies ~ why can’t that be me?” She’s 16 now and we are now going through the joys and pains of teenager-dom.

Lastly, you will have 2 Libras! I’m a Libra as are both of my best friends and many, many other people I know. We are a challenging breed to live with, but we are love & loyal to the bitter end. You will have never a dull moment that’s for sure!

Mackenzie Walker
    March 3, 2014 at 6:31 am

Congratulations! I was extremely sick with my baby as well. Morning sickness sounds so cute doesn’t it?! It’s actually super awful. So no need to downplay it….it is hard! I’ll say a prayer for you momma that it doesn’t last long.

Janine Markham
    March 3, 2014 at 6:32 am

Congrats! Zomg, can’t wait for you to have another little one. Seems like everyone is having babies! I’m due in July and just can’t wait for you to get to where I’m at, no more nausea! Good luck mama.

Dawn
    March 3, 2014 at 6:32 am

Contratuations! Gahhhhhh so exciting! So sorry about the morning sickness:(

Micklee
    March 3, 2014 at 6:33 am

Dang! I was hoping you would figure out the secret to not being sick and share it with me! The boys had to watch that video like 3 times. They said “Christian lives too far away!” So excited for you guys!

heather
    March 3, 2014 at 6:36 am

congrats!!! 2013 was a solid year for you and now it seems that 2014 has kicked off pretty awesome! 🙂 <3

Jen
    March 3, 2014 at 6:39 am

Big congrats! And hoping you feel better, pregnancy sickness is so miserable! My kids were supposed to be born the same day, they ended up 3 days apart.

Annette
    March 3, 2014 at 6:39 am

Congratulations! What a cute way to make your announcement!

Erin
    March 3, 2014 at 6:44 am

Congratulations to you! So so cool. And the video of Christian is so cute! Listen, I know you aren’t asking for everyone’s suggestions on anti-evil sickness curealls…. But this one truly works: Sip a coke. The syrup and bubbles calms your tummy. It allowed me to actually eat. I will be praying for you that all that passes quickly and you are back to feeling great soon. Thank you for sharing with us! Congrats again.

Kimmie
    March 3, 2014 at 6:49 am

Congratulations!! Hoping your nausea gets better!!

caroline [the diy nurse]
    March 3, 2014 at 6:53 am

So happy for you! Hoping you feel better soon but you’ve earned what little rest you can get so dont feel guilty. We will be here when you’re feeling better!

Virginia
    March 3, 2014 at 6:54 am

What happy news for this Monday morning!! That video was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, by the way. Congratulations to you & your family and I hope you feel better soon!

Andrea Lee
    March 3, 2014 at 6:55 am

Congratulations!! That is exciting news! It’s funny, when I saw the “Announcement” post notification in my inbox I thought maybe the medium HAC was back for sale LOL. This is a million times more exciting than even that would’ve been! I hope your morning sickness passes quickly! I had the same problem with my daughter.. screw morning sickness.. it’s definitely the all day sickness. Here are some remedies my family and friends shared with me. Maybe something will help! In addition to everything you’ve already tried: lemon heads, cinnamon candy, popsicles. Feel better!

Hannah
    March 3, 2014 at 6:56 am

Congratulations Cara, Nick and Christian!!! You will all make such a cute family! 🙂 happy for you

Mickey
    March 3, 2014 at 6:58 am

What a blessing! Congratulations!! Hoping you will feel better really soon!

Maggie
    March 3, 2014 at 6:58 am

Congratulations!! I’m so happy for you and your family. I had my second (a boy) 2 months ago (my daughter is 2). The increase in laundry is shocking and I feel like I’m relearning everything all over again about babies but I’ve never laughed and smiled more in my entire life. Toddler/baby interaction is hysterical!

mrsbrookeh
    March 3, 2014 at 7:01 am

Congrats!!!!

kissycat1973
    March 3, 2014 at 7:03 am

Congratulations!!! I was wondering when you were going to announce it. I’m the “Preggie Whisperer” — I can tell when people are pregnant, sometimes before they know they are! When you posted that picture of you in the blue kimono back in January, I could tell. 🙂 I hope your morning sickness goes away quickly.

Selisa Glick
    March 3, 2014 at 7:10 am

Congratulations Cara, what wonderful news!!

Mindy G
    March 3, 2014 at 7:12 am

congrats cara! i figured something was up with only 1 post last week. now it makes sense why.

Cathy B. (@fulltimemamom)
    March 3, 2014 at 7:14 am

Awww congratulations!!! So exciting. 🙂

Cat Pham
    March 3, 2014 at 7:19 am

Congratulations! Praying for a healthy pregnancy for you! Enjoy the one-on-one time with Christian while you still can. I felt like my second pregnancy went so much quicker.

Tracy
    March 3, 2014 at 7:23 am

So happy for you!! OMG, that video made my day!!! Christian is adorable!

Amy
    March 3, 2014 at 7:25 am

Oh. My. Gosh! Cutest video EVER! Congrats on adding some more love to your family!

Rachel
    March 3, 2014 at 7:29 am

Congratulations! That is adorable. Okay, I’ve been through this five times. It’s horrible. I identify with the pictures though, I’m always optimistic in the beginning and then, then I crash hard.

Things I’ve learned, since then. You are magnesium deficient. 80% of people eating a modern diet are, but pregnancy is a magnesium deficient state. So you need to be taking magnesium. But you can’t because you have nausea and vomiting and you probably wouldn’t absorb it from a pill anyway. So, that leaves us with magnesium chloride oil to spray on your skin. (You can make it yourself for cheaper-1 cup mag chloride flakes plus 1 cup water-let it sit until dissolved, then spray on. When you are mag deficient, it can sting but it will go away.) Or, second option (you should do both by the way) soak in epsom salts. Full bath or just your feet. (You could also bathe in mag chloride too. It tends to be more expensive though). (Also, another cheap way is to google mag water and make that recipe.)

Magnesium does 3000 things in the body (that they know of yet-can you tell I just talked to a mag expert?) but one of them is help control blood sugar, which is a big part of your problem. It is also wasted from the body whenever you eat sugar or get stressed (nausea= stress, too) or you eat too much calcium and not enough magnesium. Too much calcium will cause magnesium to not be absorbed but too much magnesium will ensure that the calcium you eat does get absorbed.

Eat often, eat protein, rest a lot, take your mag. (Sorry for the science lesson, I just wish I’d known this 14 years ago and I want everyone to take magnesium!)

Christina
      March 3, 2014 at 11:39 am

This is so interesting, i’ve got horrible morning sickness as well so this is something I will be looking into! Thanks for the tip!

laura
    March 3, 2014 at 7:36 am

congratulations hope you feel better soon

Steph
    March 3, 2014 at 7:38 am

Congratulations! I am at the other end of the spectrum of the pregnancy journey with only 5 1/2
    Weeks to go until my due date! We are having our first baby and we are anxious to meet our little boy!

Mickey
    March 3, 2014 at 7:39 am

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! Your son is adorable!!!

Elizabeth Entzel
    March 3, 2014 at 7:53 am

So excited for you!! Congrats!! This post was hilarious by the way.. I hope your morning sickness eases up a bit soon!

Maggie
    March 3, 2014 at 7:54 am

yay! I am so excited for you. I had bad morning sickness with all three. Take all the time off you need! However I will always check (daily) to see if you have a new post. I love your blog.

Valeriya Maksimenko
    March 3, 2014 at 7:57 am

BIG congratulations!
    Thanks for all the imagery 😉
    I was actually going to ask and see if maybe you would do an update on the hair routine with regard to Wen. I jumped on the wagon and bought a bottle after reading your reviews on it when you bought it and some others at the time. My big concern at the time was hair falling out A LOT. So then I read A LOT of reviews about if using Wen on regular bases the hair starts to react and fall out. So I did an impulse thing and threw out the bottle (I seriously can’t believe I did that! I decided to give it another go last month after going all organic and natural with my shampoos for almost a year and coming to the idea that my hair needs BOTH in its life… and bam I realized I just threw out the bottle.. barely used bottle that cost me… oh my!). So I have been wondering if you stuck to it and how do you like it and what are your likes and dislikes about it.
    Ps: I can’t wait to be sick as you are 🙂

Michelle
    March 3, 2014 at 7:58 am

Congratulations!!!

ashliemwinter
    March 3, 2014 at 7:59 am

What happy News! Such a blessing for your family!

Elle (@ElleIsForLiving)
    March 3, 2014 at 8:00 am

Cara CONGRATULATIONS!!!A I am so happy for you. May you feel better and back to being the Empress (instead of Em and Priss) Such a cute way to tell us and I am sure that Christian will be a phenomenal big brother.

Melissa
    March 3, 2014 at 8:04 am

Omg I love him! Congrats <3

Kate
    March 3, 2014 at 8:04 am

Congrats!!! So happy for you and your family!!

Lizelle
    March 3, 2014 at 8:07 am

Congratulations! And congrats to Christian too on his baby Golem – sooo cute!

SmellingCoffee
    March 3, 2014 at 8:14 am

I’m so happy for you! That was the most precious announcement!!! Thanks for your posts… you have transformed my eyebrows and reshaped my entire face. 😉 God’s richest blessings on this new bundle of joy!

Jennifer

Christine
    March 3, 2014 at 8:18 am

Congratulations!

Brooke
    March 3, 2014 at 8:24 am

Christain is THE cutest! Couldn’t help but laugh when he said she almost got out of your belly. How cute and innocent is that?!?! Congrats to your family and hope the sickness subsides quickly!

Sarah
    March 3, 2014 at 8:25 am

Congrats! Hang in there with the morning sickness. I empathize completely having gone through it five times. So happy for you and your little family.

Michelle H
    March 3, 2014 at 8:25 am

Congratulations!

Emily
    March 3, 2014 at 8:26 am

Congratulations! I read your blog every single day! So happy for your beautiful family! As a new mom myself I hope you can incorporate some new baby, and big brother into your blog more! Best of wishes!

Sheri
    March 3, 2014 at 8:30 am

Congratulations! Try eating yogurt, it worked for me.

DisaChantel
    March 3, 2014 at 8:31 am

Congrats, Cara!

Brittany
    March 3, 2014 at 8:32 am

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

Valerie
    March 3, 2014 at 8:36 am

Congrats! Magnesium supplements help with all kinds of pregnancy issues including morning sickness!

Laurence King
    March 3, 2014 at 8:36 am

What wonderful news, Cara! Congratulations and hang in there! XOXO

Lorie Stennis
    March 3, 2014 at 8:37 am

The announcement was too cute 🙂 Congrats and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Niki Caron
    March 3, 2014 at 8:38 am

Congratulations!!! And that is so cool that they have the same due date!

Angela
    March 3, 2014 at 8:44 am

So excited for you! And can totally relate to the morning sickness business.. Blegh!

Bridget
    March 3, 2014 at 8:44 am

Congrats Cara!! I am so excited for you and your family! I will keep you in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy without any more morning sickness!

xoxo B

Erin Ortiz (@PaintThsPiggies)
    March 3, 2014 at 8:47 am

Congratulations, hopefully you feel better soon!

Sneza
    March 3, 2014 at 8:47 am

Connnngratzzzzz!!! I’ve been hoping for this ever since you mentioned baby hunger.

Bethany
    March 3, 2014 at 8:48 am

Oh my goodness congratulations Cara!! I’m so happy for you and your family!

Michelle
    March 3, 2014 at 8:50 am

Oh my cuteness he is adorable!!!! Golem, now that’s a name, lol!!! Congratulations!!! I’m secretly hoping he gets his little girl! xox

Carmen Cavanaugh
    March 3, 2014 at 8:54 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Beth and Beauty
    March 3, 2014 at 8:59 am

OMG!!! I am so excited for you!!! Congratulations!!!! I am also hoping it is a little girl!! But hey a little boy would be great too. All this sickness will be worth it in the end! I too had the same kind of horrible morning sickness with my second child, which by the way was a girl. I still have a hard time looking or drinking 7-Up….LOL. Congratulations again my sweet friend! Thanks so much for letting us know.

Francesca
    March 3, 2014 at 9:04 am

Congratulations,being able to have a having a baby is such a blessing!

Vanessa Davis
    March 3, 2014 at 9:04 am

Congratulations!!! You should drop hints in a future post to see if your readers can guess the sex of the baby! 🙂

Lauren
    March 3, 2014 at 9:05 am

Yay! Congrats!! I’m pregnant too. 15 weeks and the “morning” sickness sucks!! Seriously! And I work at a preschool, and it’s just about killing me. These beautiful blessings sure come wrapped in annoying ways. 😉

Cara d
    March 3, 2014 at 9:06 am

Congrats! Such exciting news!

Brit
    March 3, 2014 at 9:07 am

So exciting! My due date is August 20th.. as you already know, the 2nd trimester is a lot better, but when your in the 1st trimester it truly feels like it is never ending. Good Luck with everything!

beautyinthebigcity
    March 3, 2014 at 9:07 am

Congratulations Cara and family!! What wonderful news!!

Rtroy
    March 3, 2014 at 9:09 am

Hey, I want to second Rachel’s post about the magnesium. I am also 9 weeks pregnant with HORRIBLE nausea. I started taking Natural Calm at night (you can find it at Whole foods or Amazon) and taking Epsom baths, and the difference is NIGHT AND DAY! It has helped me sleep better and has completely taken the nausea away. Definitely try it! It’s a miracle.

Susan
      March 3, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I love the Natural Calm, too! It sure helps you to sleep. I make mine with hot water. Yum!

Add a small amount of water at first because it fizzes so much and pouring all of the water into the glass, it might over flow all over!

I hope Cara tries it!

Anna Belle
    March 3, 2014 at 9:11 am

Congratulations!!! (Plus, how adorable are those illustration?!)

Kelly R
    March 3, 2014 at 9:14 am

Two things: so absolutely excited for you, and your son is incredibly stinkin’ cute. Golem? Lol, “you’ll be so proud of meeeeeeeeee”

Jennie
    March 3, 2014 at 9:17 am

YAY! So exciting!!!! I am currently 19 weeks with my first. Those drawings are cracking me up!!!!!

Jasmine
    March 3, 2014 at 9:17 am

Oh My goodness that is so exciting!! Congrats Cara! Take it easy, you are growing a human being!! Listen to Ms.Priss 😉

Katie
    March 3, 2014 at 9:18 am

Congrats! Morning sickness is the worst!! I hope you start feeling better really soon 🙂

Twirly Skirt
    March 3, 2014 at 9:28 am

Such exciting news! Sorry about the sickness part, that’s no fun. Those drawings are hilarious though! Loved the video of your son too. He’s adorable! Congratulations!!! Enjoy this very special time of life! xoxo

Kari
    March 3, 2014 at 9:32 am

Congratulations!! How precious is Christian?!?!?!? You will find love that you didn’t even know you have inside you!! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family!

Suzi
    March 3, 2014 at 9:34 am

What an adorable video! Congrats on the upcoming addition to your family! I can totally relate to the morning sickness,..mine didn’t go away through the entire pregnancy. It’s rough, but so worth it! 🙂

Heather H.
    March 3, 2014 at 9:38 am

Yay, congratulations!! My due date is 9/29, so we’ll be on this wild ride together!! This is also my second baby, though my daughter is 6 months, not 3 years, lol.

hopefulandhungry
    March 3, 2014 at 9:44 am

Congratulations, your son is adorable! I’m due with twins in July, I know so many people who are expecting right now! 🙂 Hope your “all day sickness” doesn’t last for 3 months! xoxo

Lauren H
    March 3, 2014 at 9:51 am

Congratulations!! 🙂

Samantha Bower
    March 3, 2014 at 9:54 am

Oh my goodness, congratulations! Christian is TOO CUTE! His videos make me smile immediately and then I show them to all my friends, who clearly just don’t get how freakin’ funny he is since they don’t follow you. You are such a fabulous mother and I am so happy for the to be “four of ya’s” 🙂

Janna
    March 3, 2014 at 9:56 am

So happy for yall! Christian is SUCH a cutie pie! Love that face. He is your spitting image, Cara. But in the boy version of course.

Erica Sahm
    March 3, 2014 at 10:05 am

Congrats Cara! I am very happy for you and your family 🙂

Jaime
    March 3, 2014 at 10:14 am

Congrats! I thought something was up. Plus so many blogs I follow the author is preggo right now. For morning sickness try sea bands they are for general nausea and motion sickness and I found they helped. I also tossed my cookies (wink wink) each morning in the shower first thing and that seemed to help me. I did it the ENTIRE pregnancy. If I didnt I was miserable and tossing it all day. It helped being in the shower because it can be so violent hurling you might pee a little. Especially at the end. Hopefully you find something that brings you relief soon.

marisa
      March 3, 2014 at 9:57 pm

That was totally grossly awesome balls out advice. Kudos to you for keeping it way real!

Brenda
    March 3, 2014 at 10:14 am

So wonderful congrats Cara! I remember the horrible morning sickness. But it was all worth it in the end to see your precious miracle.xoxo

Summer
    March 3, 2014 at 10:14 am

Congrats Cara!! What a precious video!! You’re gonna be so proud of meee <3

Elisa
    March 3, 2014 at 10:14 am

HO exciting!! So very happy for you!! We barely announced our pregnancy (at 17 weeks ) to our relatives and closest group of friends. I can’t wait to see all your pregnancy related make-up tips and outfit ideas!!
    As for the sickness, nothing could be further from the truth, regular stomach flu doesn’t stand a chance against pregnancy stomach issues!! A couple of things I found helpful: Ginger Altoids, you can order them from Amazon, they’ll save your life in situations where you find yourself without your saltines or ginger ale! also, vitamin B6, my midwife prescribed 50 mg in the morning and 50 mg at night. Last but not least, I found this children’s syrup in the babies section at the pharmacy for nausea, SO helpful! Best of luck and happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

Danica
    March 3, 2014 at 10:16 am

Congrats on the exciting news!!!!!

Nina
    March 3, 2014 at 10:17 am

Congrats!!

Mel
    March 3, 2014 at 10:20 am

Congrats Cara, lucky Cara, lucky baby;-) hope the yuckiness and tiredness stops sooner rather then later! XO

Margie Winn
    March 3, 2014 at 10:28 am

My goodness – Christian is about the cutest thing ever! Does he think you made the baby out of clay?
    Congratulations on the pregnancy. Best wishes with Stomach Flu’s Evil Sister.

Elisabeth M
    March 3, 2014 at 10:31 am

I knew it!!!!!! I was going to ask a couple of weeks ago because you just had a twinkly look in your eyes. I can’t really explain it but it was something BEAUTIFUL! I didn’t want to pry so didn’t ask but….I knew it! Congratulations and may you continue to be BLESSED!!!!

Anne
    March 3, 2014 at 10:34 am

Congratulations! I’m soo happy for you despite the sickness. Hope you get better soon!

Lilly F
    March 3, 2014 at 10:34 am

I am so happy for you! Im sure a ton of us feel like we know you, because in a way we do 🙂 I wish you nothing but the best and hope your morning sickness does not last 9 months like mine did :(!!!

Elizabeth
    March 3, 2014 at 10:38 am

Congratulations!!
    Celeste’s cartoon are just great! Time for her own blog??? Cartoons commenting on fashion, tv, movies, hair….. That would be excellent!

Kortnee
    March 3, 2014 at 10:42 am

OH MY WOOOOORD! I squealed at the initial news of this. no joke. HA! Congrats, girl!

Andrea
    March 3, 2014 at 10:42 am

Woohooo! Congrats! Your little boy is so cute 🙂

Danielle
    March 3, 2014 at 10:51 am

Wow I am so stinking happy for you! That’s wonderful news and I can’t wait to follow you along on this incredible journey!! God Bless you and your beautiful family!

Janet
    March 3, 2014 at 10:52 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cutest. Video. EVER.

Been right there with you on the morning sickness- NO FUN NO FUN NO FUN. Here’s hoping it goes away the SECOND you hit the second trimester!

Josie
    March 3, 2014 at 10:54 am

Haha, congrats! I hope you feel better…eventually! 😉

Liz
    March 3, 2014 at 11:08 am

Congratulations! So exited for you and I hope you feel better 🙂

Crissy
    March 3, 2014 at 11:09 am

So happy for you and your precious little family!!! Congratulations!

Jodie Tighe
    March 3, 2014 at 11:14 am

Congratulations!!!!!! I’m very happy for you both, all 3 of you!!!!
    I wish I’d met my husband while I was pre-hysterectomy. You are very lucky, AND that doesn’t make morning sickness any easier!

I’ve never had it, but I have a sensitive stomach that’s easily upset, so I’m sort of the queen of anti nausea remedies.

Candied ginger might help? Also there are the seasick bands that Chinese sailors wore, that you can get on travel websites or in airports, and something called the Eglund (Eglaund?) Device, that clamps onto the acupressure headache point in web of hand between thumb & forefinger, but if you’re slender, and you are, you can open it wide and fit it over your forearm and press the half-domed part into your inner forearm, 3 fingers’ width up from your wrist. Then it hits the same seasick acupressure point that the wristbands do. You could find one at Whole Foods or online. It won’t remove the nausea, but sometimes it lets you get out of bed and navigate a bit rather than just lie there.

Perrier and saltines work best for me in terms of antinausea food, also peppermint tea, yogurt and rice. Baked potatoes or even potato chips help sometimes.

There’s an anti-nausea drug they give you in the hospital IV tube if morphine’s making you sick — its name starts with an F or a Ph, and I don’t remember the full name but it’s very commonly used. However, I don’t know if it’s safe for pregnant women. If it is, you can get it prescribed in tablet form. You might ask your OB GYN.

An acupuncturist could tape a tiny little, I mean very little, needle into the antinausea acupressure points on your inner arms (3 fingers width above the wrists). That can be very effective, and if you’re careful and don’t get the tape too wet, you can leave them in up to a week at a time.

You can also just press on those points with your hands, or have your husband or sister or a friend do it, but I think it helps to leave something pressing into all the time. Seasick bands, Eglaund device, acupuncture needles, whichever, if you can’t take the Ph-named medicine.

Hang in there! We’re all rooting for you!

Jodie

marisa
      March 3, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Zofran? Its so highly recommended!

catherine crain
      March 5, 2014 at 12:14 pm

you’re talking about Phenergan!

Isacatfrisco
    March 3, 2014 at 11:14 am

Congratulations! Hope the morning sickness passes soon

Lani
    March 3, 2014 at 11:21 am

Congratulations!!! Very excited for you and your family.

Ashley
    March 3, 2014 at 11:23 am

In dealing with my own inability to get pregnant, as happy as I am for you, I have to admit there was a feeling of piercing pain when (after starting my period this morning), I came here for some makeup happiness and was reminded of my internal agony.

I hope you have a very happy pregnancy and all goes well for you.

Mindy
      March 4, 2014 at 10:45 am

Ashley, I had the exact same thing! You took the worlds straight out of my mouth…. You’re not the only one 🙁

Ashley
        March 5, 2014 at 10:17 am

Thanks for empathizing, Mindy. I wish you all the best. I am happy for anyone who gets to have a baby… but in my rather fragile state, it’s best for me to not put myself in a position where I have to be reminded of it all the time so in the next year or so as this blog makes its transition from beauty blog to pregnancy/baby blog, I think I’ll get my daily dose of guilty pleasure elsewhere. I read that “Christian” was not planned (or necessarily wanted) when conceived. I hope baby #2 was intended because heaven knows there are many of us out here who would love to get pregnant on accident. How would it be? I love that Cara has kept this website personable as well as informative, but at some point, you start getting so big (NY Times, Allure) that maybe getting too personal isn’t terribly professional any longer. 🙁

Mindy
          March 7, 2014 at 12:38 pm

I wish you good luck as well! I have been told many times that the less I worry and quit “trying” for a baby the better luck I will have. I’m sure you’ve been told the same as well… But it is much easier said than done 🙁 I completely agree with not wanting to be reminded of it. It seriously seems like pretty much everyone around me is expecting. It’s crazy! I’m really trying my best to be positive and optimistic. I’m sure our time will come! 🙂 fingers crossed!!!

Rachel
    March 3, 2014 at 11:38 am

Yay! Congratulations, Cara!

Jaci
    March 3, 2014 at 11:42 am

How exciting! Congratulations Cara! Also, I sent you an email just needing some tips for something on March 7th. If you get a chance to view that email, I would LOVE it! Again, so exciting for you.

seagreene2013
    March 3, 2014 at 11:46 am

Ohhhhhh! That is wonderful news! And remember: ‘morning sickness is just a phase!”

seagreene2013
    March 3, 2014 at 11:46 am

PS: Who knew you were such an artist! They are the best. You should turn this adventure into an illustrated book!!!

tinymakes
    March 3, 2014 at 11:49 am

Congratulations!!

Christina
    March 3, 2014 at 11:51 am

Congrats Cara!! The video was just too cute. I’m about 3 months along and my daughter is 3 1/2, its so fun to see the reactions and explanations for things at this age. She wondered how the baby got there and I asked her what she thought so she said “with a ladder”. Good enough for me! LOL. I’m still battling morning sickness myself so I feel your pain, this time around was much worse than the first. I love those cartoons, they are perfect!!

Alexandra Aimee
    March 3, 2014 at 11:53 am

Congrats Cara!! This is amazing news, I am so happy for you 🙂

— Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

Ary C
    March 3, 2014 at 11:55 am

Congratulations! super happy for you!

Blackgiraffe
    March 3, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Congrats! So exciting. I somehow wondered if you were preggo the other day! Christian is adorable.

Elizabeth
    March 3, 2014 at 12:03 pm

So very happy for you and your husband! I feel so bad for you, I get SUPER SUPER sick for the first five months of my pregnancies and it was the HORRIBLE, I mean HORRIBLE. So sorry you are sick but so excited for you that you are being blessed with a baby!!!!

Boni
    March 3, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Congratulations, Cara dear! I LOVE babies! You lucky girl! So very happy and thrilled for you. 🙂

Corinn
    March 3, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Congratulations Cara!! You are already such an amazing mom – I know your baby will be so loved! So excited for you and your husband!

Tiffany @ Pink Faith Today
    March 3, 2014 at 12:38 pm

How awesome!! Congratulations!!!

Sharon
    March 3, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Oh my goodness!!! CONGRATS CARA and family!!!! 🙂 Also, your little boy is tooo cute 😉

Tedi
    March 3, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Congratulations!! So happy for you!! What a great way to share the news. xo, Tedi

Latavia Norris
    March 3, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Yay!! We shall be pregnant together!! I’m about 5 weeks a long with my 3rd! Christian is seriously the cutest little boy on this earth, he makes me laugh!! I love the videos so very much! I wish I could help alleviate your sickness! I never get sick with mine (yes, you can give me a slap) ha! Take care and congrats on your new little one!

Eilidh
    March 3, 2014 at 1:53 pm

A huge congratulations! 🙂
    I look forward to reading some follow-up posts!

xx

amanda blank
    March 3, 2014 at 1:54 pm

This is too cute! CONGRATS to you and your family ♥♡

Kathy S
    March 3, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Blessings upon blessings to you and your sweet family!!

Ashley haegele
    March 3, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Congratulations!!! I’m also pregnant with my second child, I’m having another boy April 23rd!! I totally feel your pain with all of the sickness. I’m 32 weeks and I’m still having all of the negative side effects of pregnancy. The only thing that gets me through is knowing soon I’ll have my little bundle of joy!! It also helps that my 4 year old gives me little back scratch sessions and helps mommy along with my husband! Good luck with everything and it does get better eventually!!

Nicole
    March 3, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Congratulations!!!! Hang in there and enjoy the bumpy ride! Before you know it, it will be October xoxo

Lexie S
    March 3, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Congratulations!! So exciting!

graceforsythe
    March 3, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Congratulations on your special news, what a blessed little baby they will be! X x

Nadia @ The View Is Beautiful
    March 3, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Congratulations, what exciting news! I wish you all the best with your pregnancy!

JD Chase
    March 3, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Congratulations!!! SO exciting!!

Janine
    March 3, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Congratulations!!!!! I am actually pregnant right now but in the third trimester. While the first trimester definitely sucks, at least you have amazing hair and nails to look forward to soon enough. Hang in there!

Thereasa Locke
    March 3, 2014 at 2:49 pm

GOD bless you and your family.

Donna
    March 3, 2014 at 3:09 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for you, I enjoy your post and emails alot. I wish you continued success (although I don’t think you need it), and lots of love and happiness. 🙂

Tiff
    March 3, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Congrats Cara!!! That is great news… well minus the morning sickness :)~

Megan
    March 3, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Great news!! Congratulations!!!

Mandy Chameleon Stampede
    March 3, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Congrats! I couldn’t be happier for you and your family! …and your sisters drawings are hilarious!

Sharna
    March 3, 2014 at 4:46 pm

That is the most gorgeous video I have ever seen! Congratulations x

Ashley
    March 3, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I was sick the whole time I was pregnant. Even in labor. So not to scare you but to prepare you. However, eating anything lemony helped. The good news is I got the most gorgeous little girl out of it who is now 18, graduating this year and is the pride of my life!. Congratulations and try to find little joys everyday.

megan
    March 3, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Such awesome news! Congrats! Morning sickness is THE WORST. I had it with my first up till 16 weeks and with my second till about 20 weeks along. So incredibly hard with a toddler running around – so many of us mommies feel your pain!

Jen Gunderson
    March 3, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Such happy news, congratulations! So sorry you are suffering with morning sickness. Fingers crossed for you that it will get better by the second trimester. The constant nausea sucks, I know. I wish I had a magic cure for you! Just sucking on anything (i.e. Hard candy) helps some. I also tried making tea with candied ginger. It takes the edge off. If you really can’t keep anything down, def talk to your OB about Zofran. It is such a precious, magical time. I know eventually you will really begin to enjoy it! Right about the time you start having to pee every hour because the baby has gotten so big! LOL! My little girls are about 3.5 years apart, and that is awesome spacing. You will lovei it!

Spencer Joy
    March 3, 2014 at 5:22 pm

How exciting!! Congrats!!

Jasmine
    March 3, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Oh MY GOSH CARA!!!!! I’m so happy for you, Christian is going to be a big brother. So exciting!! Thanks for such an amazing blog. <3 <3 <3

Karen
    March 3, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Congratulations! Praying for a short time of nausea and a healthy baby!

Barbara Freymann
    March 3, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Congrats. I use to wake up throw up and continue. Good luck. I think it will be a boy. Men make women sick.

Roni
    March 3, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Congratulations! He is soo precious! Love the video!!! So exciting!!

Kristina
    March 3, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Congratulations!! This is such exciting news. I appreciated those pictures more than you know because I am also newly pregnant, 10 weeks, and I have definitely been feeling the same! Congrats again, I am so happy for you and your family!

Laura Hatch
    March 3, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Such a cute video! Haha I love kid’s imaginations. And don’t feel bad about lack of posting- you have enough awesome content on her to keep us entertained for a while 🙂

Jess
    March 3, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Congratulations! Christian is adorable so in excited to see a mini you! I hope Christians right.

Kelly
    March 3, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Congratulations!!!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

scout
    March 3, 2014 at 7:17 pm

I’m so happy for you!

Boni
    March 3, 2014 at 8:04 pm

One of my sisters swears by Ginger tea for nausea. 🙂

adrianna
    March 3, 2014 at 8:39 pm

I’m never one to leave comments on blogs, but like to stay a quiet follower. However, I felt inclined to say that upon hearing your news I was genuinely excited and happy for you! You have shown genuine sincerity, humbleness, and honesty throughout your blog that I find wonderfully endearing. You constantly show such gratitude towards your followers. So, congrats on the news!! What an exciting journey you have ahead of you.

Sandra
    March 3, 2014 at 8:49 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Very happy for you and your family, Cara! Being pregnant is a wonderful gift. I can see her now … she’s def. going to be a little Cara. 🙂

Karianne
    March 3, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Congratulations!!!!! I’m due October 3 with my first!!!! What are the odds? Best due date ever!!!!

Nicole
    March 3, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Ughhhh you have described my pregnancies to a T!!! Those sketches were awesome btw!!! Even though your post was very positive and cheery and optimistic, don’t forget… Even though yes it is all awesome and grateful and the best thing ever in the end… It is REALLY hard to be so sick. I couldn’t even go near my two ur old when I was pregnant again because the smell of his pampers (the gel inside the diapers) made me puke. And all shampoo/soap/deodorant or anything was banned from my home for none months. My husband would put deodorant on at work bc he didn’t want to offend people and think he was going to trick me, I could smell it within seconds of him coming home and would start hysterically crying asking him, “why do you do this to me!!! Why do you think you can fool this nose!” It is sort of funny now, but at the time HORRID. Give yourself every break you can. Rest rest rest. And yes, lots of women have babies, but most of them are not profuse vomitters… It really is a whole different experience:/ but my little guy is here and one year old and yours will be too-! Oh so worth it and just as awesome as the first one (somehow!!?) congratulations!!!! And stay hydrated!!! For real.

Heather
    March 3, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Awesome news – Congratulations! What a blessing! Have you tried any essential oils for the morning sickness? Feel free to shoot me an email and I can help you with that, if you like.

Beth
    March 3, 2014 at 10:18 pm

I was wondering where you’d been lately, but now I TOTALLY understand! Congratulations!

Megan
    March 3, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Congrats!! Christian’s face when he said “you’ll be so proud of meeee!” And the drawings had me rolling! So happy for you, hope you get feeling like a human again soon!!!!

Lost Vegas
    March 4, 2014 at 12:57 am

Oh goodness, I so feel your pain. Ginger Tea = Vomit, Meat of Any Kind = Vomit, Cheese = Vomit, Warmed Pastas to increase carbs = Vomit, Green Smoothies = Vomit, heavens I even tried cinnamon bears, (weird right but I did anything that was suggested). Hands down the only thing that worked every time was Green Apples, the more tart the better, and they had to be cold, like back of the fridge cold. I asked Dr. about Vitamin B shots and he said no no no, stay away, never did figure out why because we got talking about something else…

Hang in there, I so understand. I am one of the lucky ones that gets six months instead of three for the constant green around the edges, I just want to vomit to feel better, but oh wait even when I vomit it doesn’t get better feeling… Arrgh. But oh heavens my little munchkins are the cutest things in this world, they are worth every bit 🙂

On a side note, when I am pregnant I get HORRIBLE skin. All the other mamas out there say they glow, yeah, not this mama. Cara because you see so many different skin types during all different walks and stages of life, have you ever come across this, and have any suggestions? We are hoping for baby #3, and I am dreading the 12 – 14 months of HORRIBLE DONT WANT TO GO OUTSIDE skin… Is there something I can do on the onset to keep it at bay? I keep to a super strict cleaning regimen, live in a crazy dry climate, drink tons of water (cause you have to preggers regardless) and even forego the usual light makeup…

Arielle
    March 4, 2014 at 4:27 am

Congrats!

Brooke Carr
    March 4, 2014 at 5:30 am

Aww Congrats!! Christian is so funny! I love his imagination!!

ashley
    March 4, 2014 at 6:23 am

Many Blessing to you and your sweet family! Excited to watch your pregnancy via pictures 🙂

Susan
    March 4, 2014 at 7:31 am

Cara,
    I’ve seen a few posters mention ginger for the morning sickness. Have you tried making some hot water and seeping a couple of pieces of crystalized ginger in it? It might help you with the morning sickness.

Good luck and congratulations!

Erica
    March 4, 2014 at 7:34 am

Congratulations! !!! I’m expecting my third and fourth babies, due the day after on October 4!!!! 😀 😀

Jennifer S
    March 4, 2014 at 7:47 am

Oh my gosh that video was absolutely precious! Congratulations!

Paula
    March 4, 2014 at 8:31 am

Congrats! And I KNEW IT! No you don’t know me at all but I’ve been following your blog for a little while. When I saw your video tutorial on “filling in your eyebrows” a couple of weeks ago, I thought you had “that look” about you. It’s that beautiful look of letting that bundle cook inside of you while your body is trying to keep up. My advice: Just go with it. Lay around, watch movies with that little 5 year, uh I mean 3 year old and let it all pass. Take all the help offered to you. Be blessed.

Tara
    March 4, 2014 at 9:21 am

I’m as far along as you are. A couple weeks ago I got a cold so I took Benadryl at night – low and behold it has solved my nausea woes. The doc even said it was totally fine to take it every night. I had tried everything else your sister drew pictures of and none of it really helped. Yes, I wake up a little groggy and I don’t feel great – but there is no vomiting and the nausea is barely there. Just a tip for any other pregnant and suffering girls out there – it’s at least worth a shot!

Mimi
    March 4, 2014 at 10:03 am

Hahaha great announcement he looks like a very excited big brother! Hope you start feeling better soon. “Morning” sickness is no joke.

Mimi

Jen
    March 4, 2014 at 10:37 am

Congrats Cara, I’m so excited for you and your family!! Thoughts and prayers are coming your way! I’m sure you’ve tried anti-nausea medications, but if not I would try Vitamin B & Doxylamine (you can find both OTC) or dimenhydraniate (dramamine), but you may need something stronger which you’ll have to get a prescription for from your OB. I hope the nausea and vomiting goes away soon, it’s the pits! (I’m in my third year of pharmacy school, so those are solid recommendations).

Stephanie R
    March 4, 2014 at 10:44 am

Congratulations! I’ve never left a comment but I had to for this post 🙂 All the best during your pregnancy and for the future. I’m sure you are going to be a wonderful mom to your new little one, just as you already are to your sweet little boy.

Cait
    March 4, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I’m sure that you have been given a ton advise already, but send your husband to Walgreens and get Sea Bands. They are little wrist bands with a bead that sits on the pressure points of your wrist and releves nausea. They really work!
    Congratulations!

Beth
    March 4, 2014 at 12:09 pm

congrats! I’m really happy for you! I guess we’ll be seeing some more pregnancy glow tutorials!

Jenn
    March 4, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Congratulations! Get some zofran from your Dr. It totally saved me from the nausea!

Tabbitha
    March 4, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Hilarious and Amazing congrats!!
    -Tabbitha a new and obsessed follower and by new I mean I found you on Saturday by accident on Pintrest and obsessed meaning in that time have watched every video and read every blog obsessed lol

P.S. anxiously awaiting Medium to come back in the lllD store.

Flora
    March 4, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Congratulations! I’ve never been preggo, but your description of morning sickness has me terrified since I get the stomach flu really bad. Like someone says the word “restaurant” and I have to bolt to the bathroom. Hope you feel better!

Amy Johnson
    March 4, 2014 at 4:11 pm

YAY! I think it’s a girl too…now you have someone else to video!

Traci
    March 4, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Congrats girl! I’m so excited for you! And I hope Christian is right that its a girl!

Sena
    March 4, 2014 at 6:18 pm

OMG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL! SO EXCITING :))). Hope the nausea gets better soon you poor thing and I hope it’s a girl too but I’m sure either way the baby will be gorgeous, smart, and so so loved.

Ashley H
    March 4, 2014 at 6:28 pm

OH MY GOSH that was the cutest video I have seen, EVER! I need to save that idea for when I have kiddos of my own. Congrats on the big news, I am so happy for you!

Kellie The Shoe Diva
    March 5, 2014 at 12:13 am

This made me literally laugh out loud. But you are right, in the grand scale of things, it’s just a small sacrifice we mothers need to go through. Congratulations and I wish you and the new baby good health.

Lori
    March 5, 2014 at 5:48 am

Congratulations to you and your family! Your
    little Christian is so sweet and beautiful.

Hayley Grade
    March 5, 2014 at 6:58 am

I am so, so, SO HAPPY for you! It must be wonderful sharing the news with all of these people that follow and support you every day! Like having lots and lots of friends to celebrate with you! I do have to say…I am a little on the fence about having kids, it seems one day I find something that makes me absolutely sure I am meant to be a mother and then the next day I discover something (like this horrible illness you talk about) that makes me think…hmmm, maybe not! 😉 Hopefully your adventure gets better Congratulations to your family! <3
    xo, Hayley

Laura Ann Hanson
    March 5, 2014 at 10:40 am

So funny and adorable! Congratulations!

Jen Young
    March 5, 2014 at 11:06 am

Congratulations!!!! SO exciting the sickness just help you slow down because before you know it you’ll have a baby slowing you down :o) (Spoke from a mom of 3 the youngest 8 months)

Ainsley
    March 5, 2014 at 11:22 am

I saw announcement and hoped that would be the announcement! As a reader since the beginning it’s no surprise to me that I almost burst into tears. And then he said name her Golem and all i could do was smile. Congrats Kara!

taymitchy
    March 5, 2014 at 12:05 pm

YAY! Congrats! I’m pregnant with my first… due Aug 3rd!

I know you’re not there yet but can you please do a post of how to feel/dress pretty during the awkward chubby stage where you don’t look pregnant yet but you are DEFINITELY bigger than the normal you.

catherine crain
    March 5, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Congrats beautiful! 🙂

Lainee
    March 5, 2014 at 8:08 pm

That video…. Priceless. Congrats!

tiffani
    March 5, 2014 at 9:31 pm

hey congrats. and holy crap your kid is cute. also celeste- good job drawing. you’ve always had a great talent for that. 🙂

Jenny Kottke
    March 6, 2014 at 12:51 pm

woohoo!! Sissy has some very valid points during these next months~ let her wear the heels once in a while. 🙂 I was a 9-month-sick lady (x2) so can I make a suggestion? (per my midwives) Half of a Unisom (a non-addictive sleeping pill that is safe for Golem) paired with Vitamin B6. Twice a day. And yes, it will make you tired. But you’re tired anyway, so you might as well curb the puking.
    Your stomach is a soft tissue muscle that gets relaxed by the Unisom so it stops doing that nasty contraction thing that makes you frup. Anywhoots, you have a fab sister entertaining you, maybe she can draw pictures of HACing tips till you’re feeling better. 🙂 Take care and CONGRATULATIONS momma and Christian and HUBBY!!!

Megan M.
    March 6, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Congratulations Cara!!! Guess what?? I’m pregnant too! And the first due date they gave me was October 3rd – but then they changed it to the end of September because I was further along than they thought. I’m 11 weeks! Oh, and I also have a 3 year old that likes to tell people she’s five. And sometimes they believe her! So funny!

jade
    March 6, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Congrats that is wonderful news!

Mary
    March 7, 2014 at 1:38 am

Congrats! Big brothers are the best! 🙂 He is sooooo cute!

amanda
    March 7, 2014 at 6:39 am

OMG congratulations!!! as i’m laying here in bed on my second week of bed rest, I was elated to come across this message, as I too am 9 weeks pregnant and due Oct 5!!!!!! there are times when i too feel as if i can’t feel any worse then i do…but when I DO Feel better, i watch your videos, read your blog and when i came across this, my sickness didn’t ‘hurt’ as bad because this is such wonderful news!!! i hope you have an easier go going into the 2nd trimester and everything clears up soon. you’re always radiant, but pregnancy will treat you well, i just know it!! GOOD LUCK CARA!!!!!!!!

evamarie93
    March 7, 2014 at 10:15 am

Awesome! Congrats.

I just created a new beauty blog too – hope you can check it out 🙂 xox

Renee
    March 7, 2014 at 11:15 am

Im an OB – Vitamin B6, 25 mg three times per day is the most “homeopathic” – otherwise ask your OB for Zofran or Reglan…these are perfectly safe in pregnancy and you shouldnt have to be miserable.

Lolaaa
    March 7, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Congrats!! I myself am creeping up to the final days of my pregnancy and I just can’t wait…

Allison
    March 8, 2014 at 3:18 am

Congrats Cara! Hang in there and remember m.s. doesn’t last forever. Ask your doc about zofran! It helped me tremendously. Just remember to get plenty of fiber with it. It can stop you up. Prayers and best wishes!! I’m sure Christian is going to be such a great big brother!

Maddie
    March 8, 2014 at 7:18 am

A bit belated- but congratulations! And I really enjoyed your description of Em and Priss!

Krystle
    March 8, 2014 at 7:59 am

Congrats! One word: ACUPUNCTURE!!! I was super sick and perscription meds did nothing for me. So I began acupuncture. After the first treatment I quit throwing up and after just two weeks I was no longer was nauseated. The day I started I was literally throwing up nearly every hour! It worked wonders for me so look into it if your all day sickness gets out of control.

Camille
    March 8, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Congratulations!! You are 15 days ahead of me, but we are not really internet-public about it yet. We had a miscarriage Nov 2012 and it has kind of freaked me out. However, we are one week past where we were when we lost the last one, and I am sick as a dog so that is a good sign! I am so excited to keep following your blog and be at the same point as you in pregnancy :).

Love the blog, keep it up…once you stop puking every hour. Aaaah…”morning” sickness is fun.

AK
    March 8, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Congratulations!

I was sick for almost 5 mo. the first time and couldn’t believe how much of an under statement ‘morning sickness’ really is. I had a new appreciation for being healthy. I also disliked calling it ‘morning’ sickness because mornings seemed to be when I felt…uh…the best? We have cats and I remember thinking the house smelled like cat food! I was assured it didn’t! LOL

Hopefully it passes sooner than later and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

groceryshrink
    March 9, 2014 at 9:00 pm

This is the best news ever! Praying for you that the morning sickness ends when it should and that you find the daily strength you need. Sweet baby has the best big brother ever (and mom and dad too.) Congratulations!

gingererin
    March 10, 2014 at 12:07 am

This makes me so happy! Thrilled for you and your family. Your boy is so precious (and looks so much like his mom). Just unbelievably happy for you, pretty lady. I hope you feel better soon!

BellySnaps App
    March 10, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Congrats! Please feel free to check out our pregnancy app for weekly/monthly pregnancy photos! bellysnaps.com

nenebirdnicole
    March 10, 2014 at 6:48 pm

apple juice, ice and club soda or perrier or some bubbly water + a grapham cracker before you get out of bed helps with the morning sickness.

Congrats!

Madie
    March 12, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Congratulations Cara!!! That’s so exciting!! I hope your morning sickness goes away soon! 🙂

alis2165
    March 12, 2014 at 8:54 pm

God Bless you and your family! So excited for you…. there is no greater joy than having that baby move for the first time and the joy continues. You will forget about the morning sickness.. I think God planned it that way! That is why we always think we are prepared the next time around. lol.. A man would never let it happen again. Em will win..Priss must be the testosterone happening in you. Thank you for sharing your joy with us. Don’t worry about your blog, we will all be here when Em is up to it!

Tammy
    March 13, 2014 at 8:05 am

Congratulations!!!

Alexandra
    March 13, 2014 at 12:26 pm

This is late but congrats! My due date is just 10 days after yours, I can’t wait to follow along on your journey. I also love the picture with the sickness meter, I can completely relate.

myfairdaily
    March 14, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Awww Congratulations Cara! What an exciting time in your life, and I hope the morning/all day sickness clears up sooner than later!

Lacey L.
    March 15, 2014 at 7:48 am

This video is the cutest thing ever! Congratulations!!!!

Jill
    March 15, 2014 at 8:55 am

Congrats!! Very exciting news! I thought maybe you were on vacation and that was why you were not posting videos. I am new to Youtube and am completely hooked on your channel. Your health is so much more important and I feel your pain, even though my daughter is 17! I remember!!!! Rest up, it will pass. xoxo

Lisa
    March 19, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Aww, he is the cutest! Congratulations Cara! So happy for you:)

Rajean
    March 20, 2014 at 7:11 am

HIP HIP HOORAAAY!! Congratulations! After a year of trying, happy to say our first is due on….October 3rd!! Same birthday as my brother and my sister in law, so go figure 🙂

Love your blog, and oh so excited to read along on this amazing journey! Bring on the pregnancy related posts- Anxious to hear tips, advice, recommended products, all of it! Keep up the great work!

Liz
    March 22, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Go see your Dr and ask for Diclegis. After 12 weeks of crippling nausea/vomiting from “morning sickness” I finally got this and it works like absolute magic, it’s FDA approved and has over 30 years of testing backing up its safety and lack of birth defect risk.

carleigh rae
    March 26, 2014 at 9:48 am

OH MY GOODNESS!! Christian is so cute! I love his name choice. If I had it to do all over again I’d have named my baby sibling Gollum.

Elizabeth
    April 7, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Baaaaahahaha! I’m glad I’m not the only one. I feel like such a wimp/whiner curled up on the couch in my blanket everyday (unwashed and most certainly NOT glowing) with my Gatorade and pop tarts while I watch my Gilmore Girls dvds. These are the things I graduated to after my three month stint with saltines and popsicles. I am past the first trimester with no sign of improvement (except for one magical day when I was able to stomach a Cafe Rio salad). I only wish someone had warned me so I could prepare myself for it. I have always had a pretty high pain tolerance and could keep functioning when I got sick, but this is something else. You are completely right though…what a blessing to have a baby on the way.

Lexie