Makeup Makeup Products Products Tips & Tricks

Tip Tuesday – Drugstore Happiness

DO you guys remember from a few years ago the gorgeous Maybellline Lip Color Nude Nuances?
The Limited Edition lip color that sold out far too quickly?
Although my tube is long gone I have often thought of it fondly and longingly for it’s gorgeous color at such a low cost.

Well my friends, the gods of nude lipsticks – or at least the people at Maybelline – have smile upon us again!

May I introduce you to….Nude Lust!

Just enough pink, just enough nude, just enough shine.

If this color dazzles you as much as it does me I recommend you hopping in your car and heading to your nearest Target or drugstore or grabbing it online HERE ASAP, cause mark my words, this will not last long on the shelves!

Secondly I wanted to talk a little more about this little baby:

While I do begrudge the design for that beautiful and very flawed gold band you see that makes sharpening a gigantic pain until you get through it, once that (I am hoping will be fixed in subsequent designs) is looked past this liner in a league of it’s own! It’s jam packed with pigment and goes on so creamy and so black. Get it at a Drugstore or HERE. The Highlight shade is gorgeous as well in a beautiful pink champagne color.

And one more drugstore love to round out the crew. I have been VERY impressed with Milani’s new Brilliant Shine Glossed.
I swear I love every single color, but my top 3 (which was very hard to dwindle down I might add)
The rose gold gloss is on top is Nude Touch
The milky mauve is Bare Secret
and the barbie pink is Pink Lady

ALSO! Happpy Happy day to Amanda Ritchey!!! You won the Jolie MD Skin Metamorphosis kit! Email me your shipping address ([email protected]) and I’ll shoot it out to you today!

Thanks to everyone who entered. If I do these contests enough every one will win eventually, right!?

February 11, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Hi Cara, just wanted to say how much I enjoy you and your blog tutorials. Very good stuff.
    Love the drugstore suggestions. But, have you ever checked into L’Paige lipsticks? I sell them at my ebay store
    It’s great lipstick, completely lead and aluminum free. The lipstick feels really moisturizing, without a funky taste or smell. Please check out #33 Barely Nude. I’d love to send you one to try. Send me a note if your interested.
    Thank you.

February 11, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I’d love try it!

February 11, 2014 at 7:41 pm

the lipstick link is not working.

February 11, 2014 at 7:44 pm

fixed, thank you!

Beth and Beauty
    February 11, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I have got to get that Maybelline Nude Lust lipstick. I would also like to try that L’Oreal Black eyeliner. Well I guess I want to try all of the items you mentioned. Can you tell I am a beauty junkie…..LOL! Congrats to the winner!

February 11, 2014 at 7:51 pm

haha you will love them! 🙂

February 11, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Can you show us what they look like on or a swatch?

February 11, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Yes! I’ll be using them this week in some looks:)

Mindy G
    February 11, 2014 at 7:51 pm

the maybelline link isn’t working…which shade?

February 11, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Thanks for the recommendations Cara!
    PS Just a suggestion, but in honor of the olympics I think it would be fun if you did a tutorial for one of the figure skaters makeup!

February 11, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Why do you use so many products that are tested on animals if you don’t believe in that for your own makeup line?

Lynn D
        February 12, 2014 at 5:52 am

Whitney, feel free to not use any of the makeup that Cara recommends if you have a problem with them.

February 12, 2014 at 11:35 am

Lynn, I’m not attacking her nor do I need your input on what makeup to use thanks. It’s just an honest question, to Cara. It just seems hypocritical that she cares enough not to animal test her own makeup, but uses a ton of makeup that is. If you’re going to have an opinion or stance on something at least stand by It.

• gingererin
            February 12, 2014 at 6:14 pm

People are always going to find something to complain about. She does stand by it with her product. But she is a makeup artist, and as such is going to have to use a wide variety of makeup. It’s so annoying how people will find anything to pick a person apart about. Did she ever say that she would never use a product that was animal tested, or that she would never allow that in her product? Sounds to me like she is sticking to what she said. Let the woman do what she does, and stop trying to make her feel bad because you need find an argument in everything.

• Whitney
            February 12, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Wow you REALLY took my comment out of context. As I already said, I’m not attacking her, or trying to make her feel bad, or complaining, or anything else you thought. Heaven forbid she gets asked about anything of consequence! I understand her wanting to try different products being an artist, but cruelty free kinds of products are just as much products as any other makeup that she doesn’t use a lot of, so where’s your wide variety there? And can you honestly say that it would be bad that she used/exposed people to/reviewed/promoted more cruelty free makeup? Sounds like you’re the one trying to make an argument out of a simple question. And heaven forbid we try to learn more about the people that are looked up to. It’s not like I asked her what she thinks about gay marriage!! Animal testing for cosmetics is more than a little bit related to makeup!

• gingererin
            February 13, 2014 at 12:52 am

Calling a person a hypocrite without giving them the opportunity to explain, or to put their own personal input into your question is okay how?

I didn’t say one way or another my personal opinion about cruelty free products. I said she is a makeup artist, who is doing her job. I also pointed out that her statement on the matter was that she doesn’t animal test her products, but that she never made a commitment to that on products she uses as a makeup artist. And it’s her own choice to do that, even if you don’t like it. Maybe you do have curiosity about that topic, but if the whole point was to call her out as a hypocrite (which you did, after Lynn commented), you were opening yourself up for an argument.

My comment, was less about the animal testing issue if you actually pay attention to what I said, and more about the way you approached the topic. Had you simply asked Cara to review some products that were not animal tested, I’m pretty sure the lady would have obliged you, as she tries to do for everyone who has specific requests.

And honestly, all Lynn said was feel free to not use the products that Cara suggests, you on the other hand came back with the fact that you weren’t attacking anyone (no one said you were at that point), and that Cara doesn’t stand by what she says, but oh! even though you weren’t attacking, she doesn’t seem like a hypocrite. So.. you know.

Also, I never said I didn’t argue. I love to argue, especially when someone says something unjust and acts in a childish manner without getting their facts straight. But I don’t go around arguing just because. I like to be respectful and actually let the other person speak for themselves before “attacking” them.

February 12, 2014 at 7:55 pm

You bring up an interesting question…

I’m sure if Cara knew that Maybelline tested on animals, she probably wouldn’t recommend their products. I think that with all of the scrutiny corporations are facing when it comes to the treatment of animals these days, we all just assume that they’ve stepped it up and have begun behaving ethically. I guess we (or just I) were wrong.

Perhaps these Negative Nellies wouldn’t have been so harsh on you if your delivery had been different. Maybe if you would have said, “Hey, did you know that this company tests on animals?” Rather than being accusatory, “Why are you a hypocrite?” your comment might have been received differently. I hope this helps.

Either way, as a lifelong vegetarian and PETA supporter, I’m glad you brought this up. I ran to my local drugstore this evening to pick up some lipstick. Fortunately, they haven’t begun to stock this color yet (it’s obviously very new) so I didn’t buy it. Thanks for helping me avoid a future mistake!

February 11, 2014 at 8:12 pm

There’s no link for the liners!! I’ve been dying to try it since you first mentioned it a while back but wasn’t able to find it in drugstore here yet. Hopefully it’s available soon 🙂

Mindy G
      February 12, 2014 at 6:08 pm

I’ve seen the liners at Target and Ulta

Anna Holloway
    February 11, 2014 at 8:16 pm

I love drugstore recommendations! (actually all your beauty recommendations. I have not bought one thing you recommended that I regret buying! It’s all fabulous.) That silkissime liner is absolutely amazing. I’ve been looking for a good nude lip color, so I’m totally going to buy that one.

February 11, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Have you tried the Made to Last 12 hr shadow sticks and eyeliners from Jordana? Another drugstore gem at around $3! They last all day and are crazy pigmented. The go on very smoothly too. The description of the Loreal liner sort of reminded me of these. Walgreens has Jordana usually hiding by the beauty checkout counter. They also have great balm stains as well as the volumizig mascara Best Lash Extreme is amazing! Would love to hear your thoughts on these if you ever get the chance!

Alexandra Aimee
    February 11, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Oooohhhh this new nude from Maybelline is super pretty! I will have to pick it up ASAP!

— Alex at Brainy Girls Beauty

February 12, 2014 at 3:10 am

I tried the liner, and loved how it went on but by the end of the day it had run half way down my face. Not what I’d call smudge proof. Has anyone else had this problem?

February 12, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Yes. All of L’Oreal’s eye products (with the exception of the Infallible eye-shadows) run like crazy on me. I know a lot of people absolutely love the Voluminous line of mascaras but I have tried several and even the waterproof ones don’t stay put on me. I’ve concluded it’s just something with my own body chemistry that doesn’t play nice with their formula- I’ve heard a couple of other people say the same thing. I always crave and covet the L’Oreal eye products but I know trying them just turns into disaster. I’ll be in the corner with my Jordana liners and Best Lash Extreme.

ECF (@d1xbeth)
    February 12, 2014 at 3:40 am

Maybelline JUST released some limited edition nude lipsticks, color tattoos, blush sticks and more. Nouveau Cheap has all the details.
    I am excited to try several shades of the buffs, including nude lust AND ever since your romantic makeup tutorial I’ve been eyeing the silkissime liner… Although I’d have a touch time choosing between your recommended black or the charcoal grey they have in the line, I always gravitate toward greys

February 12, 2014 at 4:39 am

What lip liner color would you wear with that lipstick? So intrigued!! Thanks!!!

February 12, 2014 at 4:55 am

I hate being negative, but I recommend that you get a good proofreader for your blog Cara. Your too good at what you do to have to worry about typing & spelling problems!

February 12, 2014 at 4:57 am

Sorry, YOU’RE too good at what you do, lol.

Lynn D
      February 12, 2014 at 5:49 am

Lol! Karma ^^^^

February 12, 2014 at 6:23 am

I agree Lol…. Karma ^^^^^

February 12, 2014 at 6:19 am

This is hilarious!

My mom always told me to watch my words and if I couldn’t say anything nice, then I shouldn’t say anything at all. We all make mistakes in life and to have a blog and share it with others is big in my book, especially if such blogger is Cara!

Personally, I would never correct anyone on their spelling. (Even yours) becaue I look at the bigger picture and see that person for what they are. One of my bestest friends goofs up on lots of her words and it makes me love her even more.

Watch your words should be taught at an early age. Oh, and thanks for the giggle. I needed that!

K.A. P-P
        February 12, 2014 at 11:23 am

excellent response to this ridiculous thread! 🙂

February 12, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Pam is kind of being bullied here, but I think she made an honest recommendation for the blog. While the comment was blunt, I think it was meant as constructive criticism.

If you’re trying to convey a professional image, then it’s important to correct even those “minor” grammar and spelling errors. You may not correct your friends in regular social situations, but if you saw an error on her resume and didn’t tell her about it, you wouldn’t be doing her any favors.

February 12, 2014 at 5:31 am

I have the eyeliner and it’s life-changing!! I had to by a new sharpener because of the gold band, but the Sonia K dual one from Target is perfect. I bought it the last time you mentioned it. How do you use the highlighting pencil?

February 12, 2014 at 6:23 am

I’m curious about that highlighting pencil, too!

Emerald Earrings
    February 12, 2014 at 7:07 am

I found some Milani products at my local Dollar Tree the other day… score!

Rachel P.
    February 12, 2014 at 7:42 am

I ordered nude lust from ulta yesterday! Can’t wait to have it in my lipstick arsenal 🙂

Kristan @ Lavender & Light
    February 12, 2014 at 8:12 am

I’m loving all the nudes in the drugstore right now! Thanks for the post!

February 12, 2014 at 8:24 am

I am going to Target this weekend and picking up every item you listed. Love the drugstore suggestions!

February 12, 2014 at 8:27 am

I have never tried nude lips but I really need to – thanks for the reminder!

February 12, 2014 at 12:22 pm

OMG! I bought this last night. I was almost surprised to see it in my drugstore in Canada (LOL) but I grabbed it. Of course, I took the tester and used it on my skin. I wasn’t really too sure about it. There was another nude beside it that seemed a bit more berry. But, I totally trusted you, and bought it and WOW I love it!! Thanks so much Cara, that was a really great tip!! I’m am in love with this color!! It’s amazing!! Can’t thank you enough, really. <3

February 12, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Hi Miki,

Which Canadian drugstore did you find the Nude Lust lipstick in? Just wondering since I live in Vancouver and haven’t seen these before. Thx.

February 12, 2014 at 7:30 pm

February 12, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Weird… it didn’t show my whole text. There was a smiley face, and it’s $9.99 🙂

• blusher12
            February 12, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Thanks! I’ll definitely head over to Shoppers tomorrow to check it out.

February 12, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Hi Cara,
    LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!!

AND- I love the Nude Lust color, picked it up and used it today!

I have a question- what do you suggest for lip coverups for when you have cold sores?

Random, I know… but I could really use some help!

February 16, 2014 at 4:49 pm

I use to get cold sores all the time, and I got a prescription from my doc I take at the first sign of tingle. LIFE CHANGING. Just thought i would share bc I HATED those awful things :/

February 12, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Hey Cara! I have a question. Can round and/or heart shaped faces wear messy buns? I feel like my face is too chubby I guess, and I feel like I can’t wear it. Is there a way for me to wear a bun without looking fat? Thanks. 🙂

February 12, 2014 at 7:41 pm

I totally have a heart shape face!! Like, it actually looks like a real heart, lol. I have bangs though to down play it, and I do a lot of contouring. I find that I can definitely do buns, but I either have to pouf up my hair on top, or I can get away with a bun right on top of my head. But just pulled back without volume only emphasizes my rounder face. Hope that helps 🙂

Ashley H
    February 12, 2014 at 3:38 pm

I just bought the nude lust lipstick and I don’t feel like it works on me. Can fair skinned, blue-eyed blondes wear nude lips? I feel like every time I try I look like I have dead lips. I LOVE the look on tan, dark haired people. Can it work on porcelain blondes too? Help me please Cara!

February 12, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Ironically, I’m the same and I totally find the same thing with nudes… But this is the first one that worked for me!! I hope you find something! There was another one beside Nude Lust that was a bit more berry, maybe you need something more pink so you’re not too washed out.

Ashley H
        February 13, 2014 at 7:23 pm

I tried it with a little bit of buxom pink lady gloss over the top and adored it! You were right, I just needed a little bit more pink 🙂

Ary C
    February 12, 2014 at 4:44 pm

I love the spelling “errors” which we all have when trying to type fast, one of the things i find endearing about you Cara! Love It! Love everything don’t change!

February 12, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Ahhh, that lipstick. I need it! I have to have it! Lol thank you for posting this! Most perfect color, I think, for so many skin tones. Can’t wait to pick it up.

February 13, 2014 at 6:52 am

Thanks so much for the NUDE recommendation… I have looked at the BUFF collection literally 10 times this past week and I could not pick one! But THANK YOU, I could not go to sleep last night without owning this lipstick and I found it at Walgreens… LAST ONE! Cara, never change what you do or who you are! I think you are amazing and I tell everyone that YOU are my BFF and give me the best advice ever! 🙂

February 17, 2014 at 11:53 am

Hahaha! Me too, I wouldn’t have been able to sleep!! 😀 And so glad I got it.

February 13, 2014 at 11:42 am

I’m in the Denver area and haven’t been able to find the lipstick at any stores near me. Hopefully they’ll get it in soon!

February 13, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I bought the Silkissime when you first recommended it. they didn’t have black , so I bought charcoal & still love it! It’s a very dark charcoal. I didn’t realize they had a highlight color. I have others that I use for my bottom waterline sometimes, but they are dry & pull a little. If the Silkissime one is a creamy as the darker colors, I think that would be perfect! Thanks for the tip!

Deborah Sacchi
    February 13, 2014 at 1:49 pm

You give the best makeup advice of any blog! Reasonably priced items too! I bought the maybelline nude lust and the milani rose gold gloss. I’m a blue eyed blonde and I loved it. First nude that has ever looked good on me. I got the last one! The gloss gave it a touch of pink. Perfect!

Jennifer Nieczypor
    February 13, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Bummer the lipstick is sold out! 🙁

February 13, 2014 at 8:20 pm

You can buy nude nuances online. 🙂

Julie R
    February 13, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Will the nude lipstick really work on someone like me who has super deep red, sometimes almost purple lips? I want to knowwwwwwww! Because it would be my dream come true!!

February 13, 2014 at 11:51 pm

I need that nude lipstick! It is so hard to find a good one but this one looks nice and is cheap so worth the try I guess 🙂 xx

February 15, 2014 at 11:20 am

I went to Walmart the day you posted this, and sure enough, like you predicted, there were only three buff colors left, none of them being Nude Lust. I pointed to the color and and said out loud to myself “No nude lust…” The woman standing beside me handed me a lipstick, “Were you looking for Nude Lust? I was debating between two, so you can have it!” SCORE! I felt like it was meant to be. I have never cared much for nude colors on myself, but have loved every single one of your recommendations, so I decided to give nude another shot. And you, nor the lipstick, let me down. LOOOVE the color. Definitely grab one if you can get your hands on it.

February 15, 2014 at 11:50 am

Hi Cara,

Can you recommend a drugstore lipliner that won’t feather and will last all day? For everyday wear, I like to use just a lipliner to fill in my lips with clear gloss on top, but I haven’t yet found one that doesn’t wear off as soon as I eat or drink. Thanks!

Btw, I second the recommendation for Jordana 12 hr liquid eyeliner pencils. They are incredibly pigmented, go on so smoothly and really do last for a long time. Best part is they’re like $2-3 each!

February 16, 2014 at 4:52 pm

I LOVE Jordana products. So inexpensive. Those liners my my HG liners!

February 15, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Oddly I was thinking of which nude lipsticks were best the other day. Do you find Maybelline to be moisturizing?

February 16, 2014 at 4:54 pm

I found Nude Lust at Target and was so glad I did. Like some other people, I am a fair skinned (unless I use my Tomas) blonde and nude lips usually look strange on me, but this lipstick really works. I’m gonna grab me up some more while the gettin’ is good.

February 17, 2014 at 7:25 am

I love the Milani line of cosmetics, it didn’t take much convincing either when I smelled the watermelon scented lipsticks!

Amanda Ritchey
    February 18, 2014 at 9:00 am

Hi Cara!

I sent you my shipping address for the Jolie MD prize! Thanks! I’m so excited!

February 18, 2014 at 9:40 am

I LOVE Milani makeup! It’s been one of my go-to drug store faves for awhile! I’m also wondering if you like the Borghese make-up line (not drug store), and it’s a little pricey, but it’s been around for forever and it’s the best makeup I have ever used!

Nude Lips for Every Skin Tone: Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs | The Blush Stops Here
    February 19, 2014 at 6:27 am

[…] *   Blushing Beige (light peach) *   Nude Lust (medium peach); check out popular beauty blogger Maskcara for details on this shade *   Maple Kiss (copper brown) *   Stormy Sahara (medium orange) *   […]

July 7, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Thank you for the suggestion of the Milani glosses! I just got the Pink Lady, Nude Touch, and a third, Coral Crush (it’s fantastic for summer). I’m addicted!

shoes birkenstock
    August 15, 2015 at 9:05 pm

birkenstock sale online

Brazilian hair
    August 17, 2015 at 1:34 am

All of the point says by way of the draw in damp, occur, their Brazilian hair.

August 28, 2015 at 2:27 am

February 22, 2016 at 4:48 pm

ブランドコピー 財布実物写真、付属品を完備しております。迅速、確実にお客様の手元にお届け致します。低価格を提供すると共に、品質を絶対保証しております。商品の交換と返品ができます。●在庫情報随時更新!◆お客さんたちも大好評です:◆新品種類がそろっています。◆品質がよい、価格が低い、実物写真!◆100%品質保証 !