Beauty Basics HAC Makeup

Bronzer-blush-contour-confusion

Here’s where all the confusion happened… (based on sheer observation on my end)

It was decided long ago that a nice flush in the cheeks look pretty. Brings out a women’s eyes, makes her look bright and alive and compliments her complexion.
So blush is created, to recreate that natural flush without all the pinching.
It’s a big hit and is used in the areas you usually would see blush if you were out in the cold: (love her makeup here!)
blush

The at some point in the 80’s contouring starting to come into play in the makeup scene and for lack of other resources (I’m assuming) they did it with blush. Now women were told blush was meant to go right in the hallow of their kissy face.

cyndi lauper 80

Then somewhere in the early 2000’s blush was somewhat replaced by bronzer and was applied to the areas where the sun would naturally hit you, top of the cheeks, forehead and nose.

britney-1790358251

Not too long after that contouring made a comeback, but now we could at least do it with bronzer. And we started kind of missing blush so we started using it again but now….

kimkardashian

We were left with a lot of confusion on where everything is supposed to go and what it’s all supposed to be….
Does the blush go under your cheeks or on top of them or do we even use it? And where’s the bronzer supposed to go? Under the cheeks on top? Look like contour or natural sun
But then we got IIID Foundation (shameless plug:) and since we now have all of our contouring done with our foundation we can just let blush be blush (in the apples of the cheeks) and bronzer be the a touch of sun it was meant to be (the top of your cheeks, forehead and nose) once and for all!

DSC_9706

This stunner is wearing IIID Foundation in Fair, with Princess Peach Blush.
Bobbi Brown Bronzer, Buxom Gloss in Pink Lady, brows were filled with MAC Brun, shadow is Sandstone from the Stila In The Light Palette and They’re real mascara.

signature

88 Comments

Kayla
    December 18, 2013 at 1:00 am

Love this! I was trying to follow the same shape as my contour with my blush, but I should have just been doing the apples. I have a quick question though. I have to hac for a heart shape face so I have to cover a wider area with my contour. Am I supposed to go from the bottom of my cheekbone towards my chin at a straight angle , or do i still create somewhat of a triangle like contouring for most face shapes? I really hope that makes sense. Lol. It’s kinda hard to tell on that picture of Selena.

Sena
    December 18, 2013 at 1:11 am

This post is so funny and helpful! Somehow I always end up trying to use my blush in the hollow of my cheeks even now that I finally have the most genius contouring product (shameless IIID flattery :)). I think the problem is that I’m not exactly sure where the apples of my cheeks actually are. The most fleshy plump part of my cheeks is right at the front of my face but putting blush right there just makes me feel like a clownface. So I always end up moving it to the side which enters in contour territory. You should do a series on where to put blush for differently shaped faces/cheeks pleeease 🙂

Natasha kembrey
    December 18, 2013 at 1:19 am

Haha love this, so true! The top picture is so pretty and natural x

Rachel
    December 18, 2013 at 1:26 am

I have the same issue as Sena above. Does the blush go just on the apple part that pops out, or are you supposed to take it back all along the cheekbone to the hairline?

Joni
    December 18, 2013 at 1:57 am

I am loving the makeup, but I get confused about concealer for the darker circle eye area. What are we supposed to use? And, besides
    Pore fessional, what is another good primer? I don’t feel like it is enough primer for me. Maybe I am too ‘mature’ to be using IIID….say it isn’t so!?

Lynn
    December 18, 2013 at 2:44 am

Wow, you have NAILED it! This is the story of my teenage-to-adult makeup routine!

Linda
    December 18, 2013 at 3:05 am

Please proof before you publish your posts. There are several glaring mistakes that make it difficult to read this. I direct you to your first sentence to begin with and it continues with incorrect words and misspellings throughout. It’s disturbing to the reader.

Gurjant
      December 18, 2013 at 6:03 am

Don’t read it then.

Kay
      December 18, 2013 at 6:12 am

You might be the only one bothered by them Linda. I care more about the information and Cara’s ideas.

Kay
      December 18, 2013 at 6:26 am

Linda, people who live in glass houses should check grammarly.com themselves. They are siting five critical writing issues in your comment.

Kay
        December 18, 2013 at 6:37 am

Whoops – citing not siting. See . . . now I am paranoid about what I am writing instead of just the content. Thanks for the bad vibes Linda.

Harminee
      December 18, 2013 at 6:40 am

Dear Linda, I hope you have better things to do with your time in the near future.

Mallory
        December 18, 2013 at 7:31 am

*like* 🙂

Christina J.
      December 18, 2013 at 7:49 am

Hey girls…it’s the grammar police!

lindsay
      December 18, 2013 at 8:21 am

The beauty of blogging and the internet is that one does not need to be perfect and that anyone can express themselves freely without having to be denied by a publisher. Another beautiful thing about blogging is that if you choose not to read Cara’s posts, you don’t have to. Instead of criticizing her post (which I read with no difficulty, by the way – there may be a few mistakes but they are simply typos that ANYONE would make) you should appreciate the the time and effort she is taking to blog and realize that anyone who blogs puts a lot of hard work in for almost no financial compensation in return. Not to mention that this blog is a free service to you. If you would like to read something that is written flawlessly (and by the way, this is a make up blog – not an award winning novel) then I would suggest that you spend money and purchase a book off of Amazon or Barnes and Noble. And I will bet that even those books, which have been reviewed over and over again by a number of eyes, will have some errors.

Susie
        December 19, 2013 at 7:28 am

I agree completely with you Lindsay and could not have written it better myself. Thank you. I’ve worked as a proofreader and I do not care if there are typos! It happens. Thanks to Cara, I’ve updated my look and have learned so much. Her voice is fresh, honest and real!

Elisabeth M
      December 18, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Dear grammar patrol… You brought your trolling to the wrong place! Those of us who are dedicated to this blog see Cara as a close friend and that will not pass lightly here. I purposely made various errors in that posting so maybe you can occupy your time picking this post apart instead on picking on Cara.

alis2165
      December 18, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Linda,

This is a blog to help women. No one is perfect.This was very rude and crass for you to make despairing remarks to Cara! We all suffer from typo’s and incorrect spelling, were human. Cara has done wonders to help women all see themselves as beautiful. She should be commended not put down. Many times she is writing blogs after midnight, those who follow her all understand she in a mother first! Cara works hard to find time to answer emails, blog and run a business. You owe Cara an apology. If you are not comfortable with her writing style then I suggest you find another blog to read that is perfect. (** I am not related to nor have I ever met Cara)

Alis S.

Joni
        December 18, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Amen!

Camille
      December 19, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Lynda, maye u bee happyer in the cuming knew year. But, seriously. Why, oh why, would you take the time to make that comment? Very rude of you. Your post was disturbing.

Blackkitty
    December 18, 2013 at 3:06 am

THANK YOU, although I still use only blush, at least now I won’t feel so dumb at the mention of these terms, you made it all so clear!

Sera
    December 18, 2013 at 3:30 am

Dear harsh commenters: Please reconsider before you post. I direct you to your first comment. There are several unkind thoughts there that make it difficult to read. It continues with unpleasantness throughout. It’s disturbing to the reader.

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
      December 18, 2013 at 5:11 am

🙂 great response

Gianna
      December 18, 2013 at 7:15 am

Love!

Christina J.
      December 18, 2013 at 7:52 am

Exactly! I feel like she’s picking on my friend or something.

krazgrlKaren
    December 18, 2013 at 3:42 am

Hmmm haters will hate and “I” was not disturbed at all. Thank you Cara for this insightful and kinda funny (insert Cindy Lauper photo) post. I received my goodies the other day at work and couldn’t wait I had to bust it open at the gas station while filling up. Since I was going out I thought I’d dab on a little blush. After reading everyone’s comments about everything being so light I thought I’d better put on a bit more. Bwwwaaahhhhaaa I looked like a rodeo clown. I decided it best to wait to delve into my hacking when I have a bit more time to experiment.

Angie
    December 18, 2013 at 4:08 am

One might consider sending an email to “scold” the blogger instead of publicly trying to embarrass her. If the blog disturbs you do not read it.
    Cara, you have changed and inspired many. Please keep doing EXACTLY what you are doing. You are one of the most authentic bloggers out there on the web!

Angie
    December 18, 2013 at 4:10 am

Received your product and love it. It does take some practice but results are truly amazing!

Katie Huff
    December 18, 2013 at 4:26 am

Dear cara, I’m not new to makeup or anything and I’ve been studying contouring for months and months. Probably two years and I’ve been reading your blog probably longer. I received your Hac pack and I have tried it with several brushes.. the elf stipple, sedona flat kabuki, beauty blender, flat foundation brush… and honestly I can not get it to look good on my skin. I always moisterize and use primer. I’ve even tried it with out primer and there wasn’t a differences. I love the tones sooo much. I love yellowish undertones and the contour color is perf! But I just don’t know what else to try. I guess the next step is to save up to get the IT cosmetics brush? I’m sorry I don’t mean to bother you. I was just wanting this to be my perfect holy grail foundation. and I still want it to be.

Kate
      December 18, 2013 at 6:03 am

@Katie……you’re not alone! I’m experiencing the exact same thing with my IIID foundation in medium. I’m not a professional makeup artist, but damn near close. I’ve worked with makeup FOREVER and have done others makeup for years. I, too, have tried a range of brushes and applied it with & without primer and haven’t seen much contouring differences or had ease applying it. the best results (but still not what I was hoping for) have been using no primer (just moisturize as usual) and applied with finger tips. however, i’ve had to set my foundation with MFHD setting powder because the IIID foundation is so creamy that it smears off my face easily. Also, I’m pretty fair, almost purchased the fair instead of the medium, but followed Cara advice that most people can use the medium. With that said, the contour foundation should show better on my fair skin. My guess is that more practice with this foundation will make things easier, but still searching for the perfect applicator for my IIID. I, too, want this to be my perfect “holy grail” foundation…..fingers crossed it still can be! Love MaskCara and her posts!

Andrea
        December 18, 2013 at 7:39 am

@Kate…I ditto your comment. Your entire comment describes me and what I am experiencing perfectly. I LOVE the colors and everything that Cara does so I am not giving up yet either. Love Maskcara!

Stephanie
        December 18, 2013 at 7:55 am

@Kate & Katie. I’m feeling similar! I really want to like IIID. From far away, I think it looks great on me. But when I look at myself up-close in the mirror, I can see what seem like dry patches or where the foundation starts to crease into wrinkles. I’ve tried with and without primer, a few types of brushes (fingers seem to work best to smooth it in on the little spots), lots of moisturizer. I’ve only ever used powder foundation before…so is this just the way creams/liquids look? Like it’s noticeable when you’re very close to my face that there’s makeup on it? Parts just seem to blend in but other don’t, so that’s what makes me think it’s not ‘normal’. As I said, I do really like the way it looks from further away; it looks mostly fine even from most ‘normal’ distances you’d stand by another person.

I’m using the Fair, and I think the yellow/highlight color is a good one for me, but I feel like I can’t really see the contouring when it’s on…it’s practically the same color as my skin when it blends in. I don’t know if that is how it’s supposed to be or not. I *think* I’m seeing some contouring (and maybe it’s perfect and subtle and that’s the point) but maybe I’m also too light of a hand with it. I’d love to see more in-depth videos of Cara putting the makeup on other people aside from her, to see different skin textures! The makeover monday photos are great, but I want to know how it looks close up on them.

Siobhan
          December 22, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I am totally having the same issues.. I know it’s winter, and I’ve been exfoliating regularly, using moisturizer then primer before applying the IID, but I keep finding that it sits in all my pores and just makes me look flakey… I’m using my MAC stippling brush to apply the dark color and a similar brush to the IT cosmetics to apply the concealer. I totally am at a loss for what to do to fix it..

Leslie
        December 18, 2013 at 9:00 am

Katie and Kate – I’m really fair and got the light one. I’m also using the IT brush, Ulta has it. I know it’s expensive but I figured if this makeup didn’t work out I’d use it on something else. I don’t know if it makes all the difference or not but every makeup I’ve tried over the years always looks like a cakefest, even with setting powder, primer, and setting spray. Except this stuff. I do have to use Neutrogena Shine Control powder very lightly and bring it with me all day because I still get oily – yay! My advice is try the IT brush.

Sami
        December 18, 2013 at 10:00 am

Hey ladies!

I was having the same problem (still kind of am, but getting better). I tried everything Cara suggested – I used the Porefessional Primer, a BB cream, my regular moisturizer – none of them worked. I also tried using the brushes Cara suggested, but I’m going to have to send them back because they were just not working. I also tried a beauty blender, and my normal foundation brush (Sephora stippling brush.. I forget the number, 63 maybe? 53? I don’t know, its pointy haha). None of them worked and I was getting super frustrated! The highligher color made me look ghostly and chalky (I have the fair color, and I really believe medium would be way to dark for me, as I always get the second fairest color option from just about every brand of makeup I’ve ever used), and the contour just blended right into my skin color.

I was about to send it back, but saw this post and thought I’d give it one more try. This time I used no primer, no moisturizer (I have “normal” skin – as in not dry but not oily either), and just applied it lightly while blending with my fingers. This time it looked way better! It’s definitely not perfect though, and I’m still not really loving it, which is sad, because like you guys, I was hoping it would be my “holy grail”. I’m not ready to give up on it just yet, but I do leave for a vacation in 3 days, and I would need to send it back before then :(. I also don’t want to have to buy any more products to make this stuff work because I am a college girl on a budget and I already spend waay to much money on makeup. But if anyone figures out how to make it look less ghostly, or use the contour to define the nose more, those seem to be my biggest issues.

Brooke
          December 18, 2013 at 10:04 am

Sami, you still probably need to use bronzer on your nose. I don’t think the IIID is going to do that for most of us. She still uses bronzer in her latest how to vid. See my post above for what’s working for me.

Ashley
      December 18, 2013 at 9:00 am

The urban decay optical blurring brush works really well. I was having the same issues as you. It’s $25 at sephora and they have a really good return policy too if it still doesn’t work for you. I have pretty dry skin so I found that using a setting spray really helps it all blend together and melt into the skin better. Hope this helps ladies!

Brooke
      December 18, 2013 at 9:54 am

I have not purchased the IT brush (yet). I’ve been using a flat foundation brush (maybe by Sonia Kashuk?) and smoothing on the dark color as in her vids. Then doing the light color after with the other side of the same brush. Then I take a different brush, similar to the IT foundation end that she uses, and blend it all in like she does in the vids. Then I add a little bronzer to the areas that need extra depth (hallows of cheeks, forehead, nose), dot on her blush (which I LOVE) and then dot on the highlighter. Then I set with ELF HD powder (I have a very oily t-zone).

This method has been working very well. When I opened the IIID send I was really skeptical because as someone with oily skin I would run from a cream based makeup. But so far I really like it. I was hoping that I could skip the bronzer entirely by switching ti IIID but I still need it. I also feel like I could be borderline fair, so I might order that one next time. The light color could be a touch lighter for me but I like the dark shade. It might be helpful if there was a card in the foundation package that showed what the colors were in each of the 3 sets so you’d know if you might need a different color in the future.

Prior to applying my foundation I always use a dallop of Philosophy Hope in A Jar with spf and mix that with a scoop of Philosophy Turbo Booster powder. I can’t do primers,every one I have tried has made me break out. This duo has really helped my foundation and skin look better and it feels great. I never start the day without it.

I think the most difficult part about this foundation is that you really can’t SEE it on your face. But you’re not supposed to! It hides my imperfections but does not look like I’m wearing makeup – these are good things ladies. (:

Taylor G
    December 18, 2013 at 4:41 am

Great post! Funny and perfect examples!

Jennifer Somers
    December 18, 2013 at 5:10 am

I’m with Karen, a little does go a long way! I busted out my hac pack as soon as it arrived. I even got new brushes to use. In the vidoes it looks like Cara is applying a powder; I was surprised that the product was a compact cream. It is easy to use whether you use a light finger or brushes though! I purchased the pink blush. I’m thinking I might need the peach for a less “weathered” look; I have rosacea and even a little of the pink and I look like I have been out in the cold too long! Oh I’ll use the bubblegum lightly because I absolutely love the very natural glowing look you get with the HAC pack. THANK YOU CARA!

Brianna
      December 18, 2013 at 8:05 am

Thanks for the helpful comment! I’m waiting to buy my HAC pack until I read through more comments and see what I should get. I too have rosacea and was eyeing the pink since it looks so pretty on everyone in the pics. However, you have confirmed my fears and I think I’ll go with the peach once I do order. I can’t go wrong with peach on my skin!

Susie
    December 18, 2013 at 5:31 am

I can read the post but don’t see the photos. Great advice though!

Susie
      December 18, 2013 at 5:32 am

Never mind. Photos popped up as soon as I posted. Weird.

Terri
        December 18, 2013 at 5:17 pm

This just happened to me too. I have checked the page a couple of times today to see if the pictures were showing then I just commented on someone’s post saying they couldn’t see the pictures. Happened to scroll back up after posting and there were all the pictures…..

Susie
          December 19, 2013 at 7:34 am

After I posted that I could see the photos, they went away again! Today seems more consistent. I really love those photos.

tiffany
    December 18, 2013 at 5:55 am

Hey Linda,

If you want to play “grammar police” might I be so bold as to suggest Facebook? There are glaring, obvious grammar mistakes everywhere you look. I am sure your services would be welcomed with open arms and appreciated over there. Thank you. We don’t need them here.

Sincerely,

Maskcara fans (we are an imperfekt bunch and do not care)

Stella
    December 18, 2013 at 6:05 am

I love my new makeup Cara….and love reading your blog!! Your videos and hints are so helpful. I have never used creme blush until now…I bought the shortcake along with HAC pack…..LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!

themaidenmetallurgist
    December 18, 2013 at 6:20 am

I have a contouring question! Your mommy make up changed everything, I look so much better! But I’ve recently discovered seasonal color analysis and turns out I’m a bright winter. So now I’m rethinhking contouring with bronzer, it jsut warms my tone up too much, I need somthing cooler. But I’m not ready to jump to wearing full foundation or cream. Can you make any suggestions?

misti
    December 18, 2013 at 6:29 am

Thank you for this post. Seeing real women with your make-up line on is SO helpful. I have the same light skin tone as the stunner above, blue eyes, and dark hair. I was thinking I would order medium (and waiting until January), but since seeing this post, it looks like fair is the way to go for me. Thank you for being so helpful for those of us who have been applying make-up the same way we did in the 7th grade. Your blog/facebook/instagram are inviting, like you’re our neighbor that we go to for beauty advise!

Harminee
    December 18, 2013 at 6:43 am

I’m on about day 3 of really feeling like I know what I’m doing when I head into my bathroom to use my lllD Foundation. I did buy the “IT” cosmetics brush you recommended and I’m glad I did! My face has been looking real good for the grand opening of BWW. You and Nick better come in when you’re here. I’ll save you some coupons. Love you seester.

Jade
    December 18, 2013 at 7:08 am

I LOVE this post! You have got MAD MAKEUP skills, Cara! I’m loving (still learning, but loving) my IIID foundation! Thank you for sharing your talents!

Katherine
    December 18, 2013 at 7:09 am

Misti, I am the “stunner” in the picture (that is really a gracious label!) and I am (obviously) really fair. If you’re on the fence, I’d get fair and not medium. Foundation is next to impossible for fair people like us and Cara nailed it!

(By the way, right before she took that picture, Cara told me not to smile so she could get a picture of just the makeup. It is nearly impossible NOT TO SMILE when you’re so happy with the outcome! Ha!)

Brianna
      December 18, 2013 at 7:41 am

You ARE a stunner! Can you list any foundation shades that you wear in other brands so I can compare and figure out if I’m a light or medium? In winter my skin is probably comparable to yours, and I usually wear the 2nd lightest shade in most makeup lines. However, I get significantly darker in summer so I always think my skin is darker than it actually is during the winter. . . Oh darn, guess I’ll just have to get two HAC packs. 😛

misti
        December 18, 2013 at 8:00 am

Your eyelashes nearly reach your eyebrows Ms. Stunner! *jealous*. You look fab. 🙂

Terri
        December 18, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I have the medium and also keep wondering if I should get the fair too. I also wear the lightest to 2nd lightest in any foundation. I was planning to order the light until Cara posted that most of us would be medium. I don’t think the medium is looking too dark for me but wonder if the light would be better. I looked at some of the instagram pics though for ‘spot my shade’ and for most of the girls I thought were fair like me when Cara commented she told most of them medium. Decisions, decisions…..I’m hoping Cara will post swatch pics to compare side by side!

Ginger Jen
          December 20, 2013 at 8:42 am

Terri I have the same worries. I’m a redhead with what I think is fair skin but I ordered the medium after I looked at enough Instagram posts. Girls with my reddish freckled skin tone were going with medium. I’ve been using the medium for about a week now and I don’t think it’s too dark at all but I always wonder if the light would have been better for contrast. I do think I like this contour color better than the fair, however. I don’t think that one would have shown up at all on my skin. But then I see the beautiful pic of this Katherine and, to me, she looks darker than I am. I guess the gist of my ramblings is that I really have no clue. I’ll stick with my medium for now.

Bethany
    December 18, 2013 at 8:03 am

I wore my I I ID makeup to work yesterday. I received my first comment ever about my skin. I was told it was beautiful and glowing. I’ve never received any comments ever about my skin! I was so surprised and happy. Thank you!!!!

Katie Beth
    December 18, 2013 at 8:14 am

I have such a hard time trying to use a foundation brush to put on my IIID makeup. Can you do it just with your fingers? Every time I use the brush it comes out streaky on my face. Is it just that I need more practice? I would really like a video where you put on the IIID makeup with your hands and no brush, just for the foundation. Also, your blush is the best thing I have ever used. I will never go back to powder!

Nicola
      December 18, 2013 at 10:51 am

I had trouble with this too – I got the IT brush set (individual brushes rather than double ended). Before I start I blast the open foundation with my blow dryer for about 10 seconds. you’ll see little moisture start to form on the top and you know its ready. I dab the foundation on with the large brush and then add as she does in the video to the face, in some areas patting it in, others more of a sweeping motion. Go back in with the smaller brush to do the ‘clean up’ and at the very end the big brush again to get a nice blend between the zones. The streaking might just be the temperature of the product. Good luck!

Jaimie
    December 18, 2013 at 8:17 am

Thanks for the post however could you please elaborate and distinguish between bronzer and contour color? Can they be used interchangeably? Thank you!

Katherine
    December 18, 2013 at 8:39 am

Brianna, I wear NW20 in MAC foundation, and the second lightest foundation in just about every other line, like Chanel Vitalumiere. In the summer, I usually get a little darker, too, so I tweak it, but I kind of think I’ll be able to get by with Fair in the summer, depending on how dark I get.

Misti, I had my eyelashes professionally lifted (they put a chemical on them that perms them upward and it lasts about 6 weeks). They are actually kind of a hot mess in person, so I am glad they look OK in this picture!

Kellie
      December 19, 2013 at 12:05 am

Wow! Eyelashes professionally lifted? That’s a thing?! I have never heard of that before. You are very brave to have that done so close to your eyes. You look great!

Mindy G
    December 18, 2013 at 8:51 am

Thank you for the post Cara. I would also be interested in seeing you apply the iiiD to people in video. I love the peach color blush in the final picture and just ordered some. 🙂

Emerald Earrings
    December 18, 2013 at 10:03 am

My oh my, Cindy Lauper 🙂 I love a hearty blush job, but I always keep a good (but fake!) tan so I feel it all evens out in the end 🙂

teresa
    December 18, 2013 at 10:17 am

When you updated your site, I no longer could see many of the pics…I figured my computer was old. Now I can no longer se them on my BF’s new computer. What’s up with that? I read a few others had problems. Origianlly, I didn’t even know until I looked at your site from his computer, but noww it’s the same there too. Oh well. i still like your writing. 🙂 I think Way Bandy stared the whole contouring thing…He used a darker foundation and blended well. A make-up genius. If you read his books you’ll see there’s not much new, just ease of application. The bestestFF who cuts my hair used to know him back in the day and his stories of that time are amazing. Love your site for so many reasons.

Terri
      December 18, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Same here, I can’t see the pictures ;(

Stephanie
    December 18, 2013 at 11:53 am

I’m not loving the IIID foundation either…I have normal skin, maybe a tad dry this cold winter season, but the highlight color brings out every tiny little flake making I my skin look super dry and old. I even exfoliated and moisturized like crazy and it’s still a problem…I’m not going to give up on it because I think it’s an awesome concept, but the formula leaves much to be desired in my opinion. The contour is also much lighter than I expected which I guess is a good thing so people with a heavy hand won’t look disastrous. It would be cool if in the future Maskcara could come out with different formulas for different skin types. I’m going to keep trying it, and maybe pick it up again in the summer when I’m a bit more on the oily side. I think if you have oily skin this could be a great product for you.

Gretchen Joy
    December 18, 2013 at 1:17 pm

I CANNOT wait to get my hands on this! I am eagerly awaiting the medium.. will the sale price still be going when the medium is back in stock? You’re the best Cara, thanks for making us all feel so darn pretty! 🙂

Stephanie
    December 18, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I am a NC42. What shade of IIID foundation should I buy? Please help!

f.
    December 18, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Please please please Cara, how can i get your hac pack? I live in Italy and your e-store only ships to the US 🙁

warobert
    December 18, 2013 at 4:36 pm

This post is GENIUS!!!! Thank you, Cara! I think you could write an amazing history of makeup book done like this post, and about how it’s evolved throughout time.

Lauren
    December 18, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Haha, love this guide! The 80’s look like a crazzzy time for blush. But Cyndi Lauper rocked it, so you can’t really judge.

Victoria
    December 18, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I have no idea what color I should get. Either fair or medium. Can I send you a picture of my makeup free face and you can help me decide?

Rebecca
    December 19, 2013 at 7:08 am

To start….I just wanted to say that if I could kiss you through my computer I totally would. I am in love with my IIID medium highlight foundation. Holy guacamole is it wonderful. I had my doubts, but I will never use anything else. Even my own family asked what I was doing differently and it has only been two days of wearing it. It goes on so smoothly and covers up everything that needs to be (I thought a zit filled face was only for pubescent teenagers?) I have been lacking in confidence lately because my face is always breaking out, my body doesn’t seem to want to fit into any of my clothes and I could go on and on…..I am just so thankful that this makes my face look gorgeous again. I know you must have put a lot of time and effort into making this wonderful product, so I just wanted to let you know how much I love it. Thank you thank you thank you x a million. I could not be happier. You always have the best tips and I love that you are against all the chemicals in products, too! Thanks for being such an inspiration and such a good role model. Best wishes for the New Year and Merry Christmas! xoxo

Valeriya M
    December 19, 2013 at 10:54 am

Hi Cara, the amazing Cara! I posted a few days back on Instagram that your short vid convinced me to purchase your product (and now sorry for the girly squeal, but you started following me!!!). I have been looking through old post and trying to convince myself that I need the medium pack and need to patiently wait for it to be in stock again. However, after this post and looking at the woman, it seems that maybe I am wrong and I DO need light? I tend to go for the lighter colors in the winter… my shades are more ivory and shell. And to my surprise, I looked at my pencil concealer in my bag this morning and realized it is LIGHT. The darker shade starts to come out late spring/summer. So in your opinion, should I take the plunge and purchase the light version of your pack and see how it turns out? I was positive before that I need medium. THANK YOU!!!
    Ps: Instagram name: vamaksi

Indigo
    December 19, 2013 at 11:17 am

Cara – can the HAC pack be used by people with sensitive skin? Many thanks, Indigo

Cami
    December 20, 2013 at 5:53 am

I got the light IIID and so far, I mostly love it. My only issue is under my eyes. I’ve used both (but not at the same time) regular moisturizer and BB cream. The yellow under my eyes looks cakey and brings out the lines/wrinkles whether I use my fingers or a brush. I’m in my late 30’s with 4 kids so sleep isn’t a priority. Any suggestions?

Kay
      December 20, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I have had this same concern with my undereye area. The yellow highlights my creases big time. I’d love some instruction on this directed for older +50 people.

Joni
    December 20, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Same with me, I have started trying some cream concealer along with the IIID, wondering if its not for mature skin?

Sydney
    December 21, 2013 at 10:08 am

Cara! I’ve been confused about this whole thing for a while, but we don’t all own the IIID foundation;a lot of us can’t due to medium being out of stock. Could you do a tutorial with typical foundation, bronzer, highlighter and blush? I think it might apply to a lot more people and help us get by until we can get IIID! 🙂

ThoughtsOfGlam
    December 23, 2013 at 5:23 am

I love this post! I recently posted about a great ‘starter kit’ that was available at Sephora for a seal which had all your contouring basics. Practice makes perfect!

Christina
    January 1, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Love this! But, I find that I lack “apples” when I smile. It’s pretty frustrating… I’m still super new to makeup, but your sight helps a ton. I’d love to see a tutorial on monolids (typical Asian eyes), too!

Amanda
    January 5, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Hey there! Any idea when you will have more of the HAC pac available in Medium? I’ve seen a lot of pics on instagram of ladies who have used the product and I’m dying to get my hands on it :)!!

ประกันภัยรถยนต์
    February 19, 2017 at 4:09 pm

… [Trackback]

[…] Read More here: maskcara.com/2013/12/18/bronzer-blush-contour-confusion/ […]

idle clicker games
    February 24, 2017 at 8:45 am

… [Trackback]

[…] Read More: maskcara.com/2013/12/18/bronzer-blush-contour-confusion/ […]

penis enlargement
    March 1, 2017 at 7:40 am

… [Trackback]

[…] Informations on that Topic: maskcara.com/2013/12/18/bronzer-blush-contour-confusion/ […]

best whatsapp status hindi
    March 2, 2017 at 10:18 am

… [Trackback]

[…] Find More Informations here: maskcara.com/2013/12/18/bronzer-blush-contour-confusion/ […]

Skrota bilen Göteborg