Friday Favorites

Fun & Favorite.

So…I did like 3 different videos today for the HAC Pack FAQ (what can I say? I’m something of a poet:) and they all turned out to be rubbish for various reason..then I ran out of light. So I am filming another today, wish me luck! (apparently I need it:) It’s been so fun seeing all of the #ihearthac photos of beautiful IIID makeup! For some there is a bit of a learning curve but as the days go by I am getting more and more excited glowing reviews! Many of whom were more than a little concerned on the first go around. Understandably so, it’s a whole new way of doing your makeup, that’s a big deal!

I thought I’d share some of my favorite things from lately to start your weekend!

Have you guys heard this Christmas version of Hallelujah, cause you should.
whipped bourbon bacon sweet potatoes. Need I say more?
I wouldn’t mind if santa brought me this necklace.
I love this makeup.

Any gadget lovers in your life? Do I have a gift idea for you! Virtual Keyboard.
Love you ladies.

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    December 13, 2013 at 4:58 am

Love that makeup, and now my husband will think I’m cool for emailing him that techy link 🙂 Happy weekend!

December 13, 2013 at 5:10 am

I wish I could look like that!

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    December 13, 2013 at 5:50 am

I love her eye make up (and hair) but I’m not wild about the lip. I very rarely like a neutral lip, though.
    I suspect you are too hard yourself when you’re filming.

December 13, 2013 at 6:00 am

Cara – is there a place . . . or if not . . . could you put one header at the top where everyone can write their comments about HAC? I’m probably doing this wrong but everytime I want to read the HAC comments, I need to go back to one of your blogs and then click on a link there? Could you put something at the top for all HAC comments. I’m learned a lot from other people’s experiences. THANKS!

Jen D
      December 13, 2013 at 7:19 am

The very first link up top, “IIID Foundation” is where everything is. 🙂

Emerald Earrings
    December 13, 2013 at 6:09 am

Oooh love that hair and makeup! Gorg!

December 13, 2013 at 6:14 am

Cara, What Kay asked? I want to read other’s experiences, questions about the products (which I LOVE BTW, great job ad thank you!). I had a few questions bout using it under my dark circled eyeballs. 😛 It isn’t quite covering enough, and applying too much looks cakey, wondering if I could put the lumi by Maybelline on top? Hum. Oh, and I am a “2” so any vid you post is appreciated, however crappy you think it might be. 🙂 Love the makeup above too! Reminds me of the Kim Kardashian soft, natural makeup video you did.

I use the blended eyeliner technique and refer back to it, more than any of your vids. Oh and the celebrity looks too! You might want to group the celebrity looks into one place, it would be easier to to find them all. 🙂 Was that bossy sounding? Hope not, just a suggen. I am recommending your new line to everyone I know! Love!Than you!!

Amy H.
    December 13, 2013 at 7:17 am

Oh, please, please. pretty please with a cherry on top do a tutorial for that look?! Thank you for all you do!

Mindy G
      December 13, 2013 at 9:44 am

I would be interested in that too

December 13, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Me too! I wanted to write the same wish. Please 🙂

December 13, 2013 at 7:25 am

That look is so gorgeous! If anyone can recreate it it’s you! I would LOVE to see a video of this look. It’s beautiful!!! Hair too :). Just got you makeup last night and I’m dying to try it today!!!!

December 13, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Agreed!! Pretty please , Cara!!

Kasey M
    December 13, 2013 at 8:58 am

I am in love with that song, I just wish there was someway I could buy it.

Wendy W
    December 13, 2013 at 9:12 am

I want to try this SO bad, can you tell me when the MEDIUM shade IIID HAC Pack will be available again?? Thankyou 🙂

December 13, 2013 at 9:14 am

That Christmas version of Hallelujah is fab!
    Tutorial for the makeup look please! 😀

December 13, 2013 at 9:20 am

Yes! Tutorial tutorial tutorial please!!!! Merry Christmas 🙂

December 13, 2013 at 10:43 am

I don’t think I’ve ever left a comment anywhere but girl, your new product is AMAZING!!! I just got it yesterday and after using Marc Jacobs new foundation (which is LOVE) I didn’t think I was going to be able to make the switch… but after trying it once I am hooked!! What a great heart you have – so many well wishes for your continued success!!

Iris R.
    December 13, 2013 at 10:49 am

Those bourbon bacon sweet potatoes are the bomb dot com! I made them for a “friendsgiving” last month and everyone raved about them. Now I want to put brown butter and crispy sage on everything. I actually found out about your site from hers a couple months ago. I’m glad I did because now you’re by far my favorite beauty blogger. Can’t wait to see the upcoming IIID video. Today was my third day of playing with the new makeup and it just keeps getting better and better 🙂

December 13, 2013 at 11:49 am

Thank you for sharing that song…absolutely beautiful!!!

December 13, 2013 at 11:53 am

Apparently someone in my building was dying to HAC because according to USPS my package was delivered, but it’s no where to be found!! So bummed. I was ecstatic all day at work when I got the notice that it had been delivered – ugh! Hoping it magically appears 🙂

Kelsey B.
      December 14, 2013 at 10:42 am

That is SO SAD!

December 13, 2013 at 11:59 am

I’m with all those who vote for a tutorial

December 13, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Awesome song Cara – thanks so much for sharing that!!! Merry Christmas!

December 13, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I found your blog by accident, but with God there are no accidents. I have a friend that will pass any day and I sent this song to her and her family as hallelujah is bitter sweet. She is ready to meet her Lord, but us are not.

I wanted to share this Easter version as well, I had no idea there was a Christmas version.

December 14, 2013 at 7:39 am

Thank you so much for sharing this. It is so beautiful. Thank you, Thank you.

December 13, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Cara, loved the idea of FAQ page for the IIID. But could you please put together your responses to questions people have posted on the Comment section?
    I’m sure you have answered a lot of questions that newbies like me have (like alternatives to expensive brushes which you posted in a response coupled posts ago).
    It’s very hard to find them on the blog and it’s probably annoying to be asked the same questions multiple times!!!
    Thanks in advance!

December 13, 2013 at 2:06 pm

great IDEA! Doing that tonight!

December 13, 2013 at 3:34 pm

I hope you got that perfect video filmed! I cannot wait to see it, of course. As far as I’m concerned, you’re absolutely brilliant! I’m totally wanting to try the IIID makeup… and will, as soon as it’s in the budget. 😉 Thanks!!

December 13, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I wish my makeup could look like hers everyday!

Sparkles and Shoes

December 13, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Thank you for linking to “Hallelujah”. Absolutely stunning!

December 13, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Ack. I just spent an hour on YouTube after watching the hallelujah video. Great song. The Christmas version was beautiful.

December 13, 2013 at 8:51 pm

The Easter version was lovely too.

December 14, 2013 at 5:25 am

I can’t wait to receive my HAC pack!!! Still waiting

December 14, 2013 at 6:01 am

Received my HAC pack and love it. It took about 3 times to really “get” it and play around with it. I was very surprised at how sheer and light the coverage is, big bonus. The shortcake blush is just perfect. On another topic, I would love a tutorial on eye makeup! I don’t wear it aside from mascara because I don’t know how to do it-especially for a day version. What colors work best for what eye colors, etc It would be so helpful!

Deena Hopkins
    December 14, 2013 at 6:58 am

Have there been any reported issues of shipping delays? I ordered the first available day and still don’t have my package! 🙁

December 14, 2013 at 8:13 am

I just ordered my HAC pack last night and I cannot wait until I get it! You’re an awesome make up artist and I love your tutorials! I don’t wear make up often but when I do it’s you that saves my life! Ha ha 🙂

December 14, 2013 at 8:17 am

Cara, I have been using my HAC pack for almost a week now and have used it in freezing cold wisconsin and warm, sunny Florida and I absolutely love it. It’s so fast and easy and always lools flawless. I will never use another foundation again! I also love the blush and the illuminator. You should be very proud!! You are such an inspiration to a makeup & beauty addict like me!! Congrats on a wonderful, successful product!

Kelsey B.
    December 14, 2013 at 10:40 am

Cara, my husband loved this version of the song; we may perform it on guitar for Christmas. I got my hac pack in the mail yesterday (EEK!) I was so excited, but had a little bit of a hard time using it. I have a question about people who have lots of freckles using it. I really want to make this work! can’t wait to see your new videos on it. Thanks!

December 14, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Would you compare your contour and highlight kit to the NP Contour and Highlight Set. I’m interested to see how they compare!

December 14, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Mine is a cream and it also works as a foundation rather than just the highlighting and contouring powders that come in the NP kit:)

December 15, 2013 at 11:20 am

Is the new makeup vegan?

December 15, 2013 at 2:38 pm

December 15, 2013 at 11:46 am

Love the makeup and necklace!!

December 15, 2013 at 3:51 pm

You probably already answered this question somewhere, but how do I use the foundation with dark circles under the eyes. I applied it the way you suggested in your video and I still looked like the living dead under my eyes so I popped Dream Touch Lumi on and that was better. But, I am not sure. Use a concealer and then do the new IIID Foundation? THANKS!

December 15, 2013 at 8:41 pm

I have been looking for a tutorial of this same makeup!!! PLEASE!

December 15, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Cara, can you highlight your responses so it’s easier to find in the comments section? It would make it much simpler to scroll down the list of questions to find your answers. Thank you.

Ashley G
    December 16, 2013 at 7:58 am

Can you pretty please do a tutorial on that gorgeous girls makeup?! LOVE this look!

Carla Mackay
    December 20, 2013 at 12:45 am

That version of Hallelujah is just beautiful – I just love the affection for Jesus that comes through in his singing and lyrics – thanks so much for posting it!