The good, the bad and the outfit.

The last two weeks have been totally amazingly wonderful!

First I got to go to the Victoria’s secret fashion show, then as soon I got home I got an email from The Steve Harvey Show, they wanted to fly me out to Chicago to come do some makeovers and show off my product and then as soon as I got home (last night at 1am)  I had to hit the sack so I could be up and ready to be photographed for the NEW YORK TIMES this morning. Yeah, you read that right, I can’t believe it either! A beautiful girl named Lela interviewed me for an article on Bloggers turned entrepreneurs last week.  Obviously I was thrilled and even though this week was already completely scheduled with all of my IIID Foundation release info and videos and all of that cool stuff I knew I could not pass up those opportunities.

If I was someone who had a real handle on their lives I’m sure I’d have all my posts done and ready to go weeks in advance, which is why I need a life coach.  But I don’t.

Here’s what I was gonna post about this week: Finish face shapes and how to find yours, video on how to use the IIID Foundation system & answer all of your questions about it. Clearly, I have failed by epic proportions. I can see that. But I hope that you guys won’t mind if I take this weekend to catch the heck up on everything and have a little redo? I would be SO GRATEFUL!!!!

In the meantime I had a pretty cute outfit I took photos of a couple weeks ago I thought I’d show you cause I am telling you I wear at least one piece from this outfit EVERY SINGLE DAY. I’m not exaggerating at all. Right now I’m wearing the jeans and the shoes. I wore the shoes and the jacket yesterday and the top I wore the day before. This is not unusual it’s just that no matter how many cute things I have in my closet, I always gravitate toward the comfortable ones.

(please excuse the weird goose egg on my forehead. When a 3 year old throws a Mater and it makes contact with your face, it’s probably going to leave a mark…)

DSC_9177 DSC_9218 DSC_9226

Boots: Target | Jacket | Shirt: Nodstrom | Jeans: H&M | Jacket: CO /{Re}cycled Consign & Design

Have an amazing weekend and please know that I am so so sorry for flaking out on you this week! I promise to make it up!

Katie {Sweet Rose Studio}
    November 22, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Cara. Seriously. You are just the cutest and all of this goodness couldn’t be happening to a nicer girl. Go you!

P.S. The eyebrows are still growing out and thy’re driving me crazy, but I keep thinking of what you told me to talk me down from the tweezer ledge. 😉

November 22, 2013 at 3:14 pm

where did you get the boots at? great outfit and pretty as always 🙂 Have a great weekend

Liz Tea Bee (@LizzTeaBee)
    November 22, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Thank you for letting us know. I was wondering what was up this week. I kept checking back for pear faces! I’m so glad you’re getting these exciting opportunities.

November 22, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I love your gravtiar Liz! Pear faces up next, promise!

November 22, 2013 at 3:23 pm

That jacket is rad! PLEASE, PLEASE, don’t forget to post about the VS backstage beauty secrets! I can’t wait to read all about them!

November 22, 2013 at 3:33 pm

You just need me as a personal assistant! Miss you, Cara! Glad I get to see your face, even if it is just through your beautiful blog!

November 22, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Don’t forget us little people, Cara! So happy all these amazing things are happening for you!!!

November 22, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Cara, I bet I speak for all your fans when I say you have nothing to worry about girl! I had a feeling something big was up with you and so glad to hear it was all good! Well, except for the Mator incident :). I’m just beyond thrilled for you and all the goodness that’s been coming your way because even though I don’t know you personally your goodness shines through and I know you deserve all this and more! So, even through Maskcara withdrawals lol, I will patiently await your next post and I hope to be one of the first to pre-order IIID!!!!! ❤

Lauren H
      November 22, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Ditto! <3 hope you have a blast with all the press and still find some time for yourself 🙂

November 22, 2013 at 3:51 pm

As if you have to apologize for being crazy successful and being an inspiration for all of us to get off our behinds and go make our dreams happen! You go girl.
    Ariel from http://crashingthroughglass.blogspot.com

November 22, 2013 at 3:53 pm

That is awesome! I wish I knew you were going to be in Chicago! I would’ve tried to get on the show!!!! And I don’t think you need to ever apologize!!!!!

Chelsea Sherwood
    November 22, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Cara! No worries. So so excited for you and your great success! P.S. I’m so glad I went to the Pinner’s Conf in October. It was just amazing to meet you and get great tips in person. I love love how the IIID makeup looked on me. It felt so sheer and natural. Also, thank you for trying it on us all. I can’t believe you were on your feet that long. People! Cara’s the real deal. So genuine. You are a gem Cara. The End. 🙂

November 22, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Chelsea, are you from Arkansas, by chance??

November 25, 2013 at 9:14 am

No, Kari, Salt Lake City, UT…

November 25, 2013 at 9:16 am

Sorry for the random question! There is a Chelsea Sherwood from my hometown, that has been living in Utah for a few months….Just thought that would have been a bizarre coincidence! 🙂

November 22, 2013 at 3:56 pm

when are you coming to chicago?!!! I would love to buy you lunch, pick your brain, be your best friend for the day and hear all about the victoria’s secret fashion show!

but most importantly CONGRATULATIONS on all of your recent success, I cannot think of a more deserving and inspiring person!! good luck with everything coming up!

xx B

November 22, 2013 at 3:57 pm

As much as I look forward to your posts, I am nothing but thrilled for you! You’ve encouraged us all to let ourselves shine (with specific instructions [and products!] to help us). Now that we’re bright and shiny, it’s only right that you get a little spotlight time for your own shiny self. Hooray for you! Hooray for a world filled with beautiful shiny women!

November 22, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I am DYING to get my hands on the IIID foundation! Can’t wait! 🙂

Lisa Morgan
    November 22, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Dear Cara, I am fairly new to the party, been reading your blog for a couple of months. I am completely hooked and am waiting, with brushes at the ready, for the IIID line to be available !! Your makeup work is nothing short of spectacular and I can’t believe how much I’ve learned from you already. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving new life to this 52 year old face.
    I’m delighted for you that all these good things are coming your way – it is so well deserved. I have a feeling that you are at the beginning of causing a revolution in the way that foundation is applied and sold, a revolution that YOU have invented. You are an extraordinary person and your writing shows a genuine, generous soul. Can’t wait for the NY Times piece, any idea when it’s coming out ?
    Thanks for everything Cara, much love to you, Lisa

Jennifer S
    November 22, 2013 at 4:21 pm

What a great reason to be behind on blog posts! I can’t wait to see what you put up next week, and to order your makeup line!

Tara West
    November 22, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Awesome stuff going on for you! If you really want a life coach I can recommend the absolute best person. Especially for entrepreneurs. Congrats on everything!

Kathy Jensen
    November 22, 2013 at 4:32 pm

No worries! We will all wait with bated breathe and sincere appreciation for your posts. I have learned a so much from you! I can now put my best “face” forward when I go out, now. Please let us know when your magazine, newspaper articles and TV appearances come out. Can’t wait to see them. Congrats on your success and please enjoy the ride. Love you.

November 22, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Cara, I’ve been following you for two years now and your blog changed the way I do my hair and make up and I have sent emails and left comments and I must be honest when I say I’m losing interest. Instead of taking the time to make the informative how-to videos that have made you famous, you ramble on about how busy you are. I love your site but I’m disappointed. Sorry. I just feel like I’m about to be watching you on tv and saying “hey remember those tricks I used to tell you about? that was her.”

November 24, 2013 at 1:50 pm

that’s life.

November 24, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Laura if you are a fan of Cara’s as you claim, and you truly appreciate her for anything she has passed along to you, why would you want to be so negative and attempt to tear her down when she is at a high point in her life? It seems you are being selfish – why doesn’t Cara drop everything she’s doing and cater to my needs?! I think this time in her life is obviously new and exciting so if her blog has to be put on the back burner it’s because she is working on bigger and better things for her fans. I have no doubt Cara would never ‘forget the little people.’ You need to cut her some slack.

November 25, 2013 at 6:04 am

I am so sorry if my comment came across as negative. I adore this blog and the last thing I want to do is tear ANYONE down. I wish Cara and her family, and everyone else, nothing but the best. I was just merely noting that I miss the creativity Cara conveys so beautifully through her videos. That’s all.

chelsea nielsen
    November 22, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Omg so excited for you!! You deserve all these awesome opportunities!! Can’t wait for the make up line either 🙂 🙂

November 22, 2013 at 4:54 pm

This is a great outfit and I am so happy things are going so well for you!

Sparkles and Shoes

November 22, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for not posting every day! You are human! You have a life and a family. I hate when blog readers act like bloggers owe them something. We get to learn from you for free. Do what you need to do and I will happily read your posts, whatever they may be, whenever you get to it. Congratulations on your success! You deserve it.

kiersten m
    November 22, 2013 at 5:05 pm

i think those are the best reasons to have not posted! so excited for you!!

November 22, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Don’t ever feel like you need to apologize!! We are all so excited for you and your makeup line and everything that’s falling into place for you. You are the best and have helped my 43 year old face tremendously. I have more confidence in makeup and hair thanks to you and no one deserves this more. Anxiously awaiting my chance to order your foundation!!

Nora Gill
    November 22, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Just got turned down for a job for the umpteenth time. No interview, no nothin’. Got my 1st job at 11 yrs. old & stayed at it for 40 years. Loved every minute of it too until caring for my beloved mother, who is senile, forced me to retire in 2011. Now, my Momma needs specialized, full time care & it’s up to me & my siblings to pay for it. I’m healthy, smart, over-the-top dependable, take uncommon pride in my integrity, and I can do ANYTHING the workplace demands. All I’m sayings is, “Cara, you’re blessed beyond measure. Enjoy your day in this sun. Savor it unabashedly. It’s lovely, it’s magical, and it goes by so fast .”

November 23, 2013 at 8:34 am

Nora- Keep your chin up! THE best interview is certainly just waiting to happen. I know you weren’t asking for any job hunting advise, but here for your consideration: 60 Seconds & You’re Hired! by Robyin Ryan. Borrow it or buy it(its $15, not too bad) I found it very helpful. Same author also has Over 40 & Your Hired! I haven’t read through that one, but I suspect it would be just as useful for its focus. Best luck to you!

November 23, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Gail. I’ll definitely check into the books you suggested. My employment situation may not be what I’d like it to be at the moment, but I’m blessed with two amazing children ( girl, 31 & boy, 28) and a supportive husband who is the love of my life. They’re a big part of the reason that despite my current circumstances, I can still genuinely take pleasure in the hard won success of others like Cara and I can still truly appreciate the uplifting words of someone like you who takes the time to encourage a complete stranger online. You’re an angel.

November 22, 2013 at 6:10 pm

:You look completely utterly charming and gorgeous in your “go to outfit”. I’m the same way, i have a few things that i always ending up wearing no matter how many things are in my closet. How cool is it that you have all this amazing stuff going on! It’s awesome to see you doing what you love and becoming so successful and famous!!!

November 22, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Wow! How exciting for you! I can’t wait to see the rest of the tutorials and order your makeup.

November 22, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Hey Cara, what mirror do use to do your makeup or which ones would you recommend?
    Keep being stellar 🙂

November 22, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Congrats, you deserve it, you’re awesome!!!

Anne Duncan
    November 22, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Just read the above 28 comments all of them positive except one! I guess 27 out of 28 ain’t bad so keep up your good positive out look and don’t let the negatives get you down they will unfortunately always be around, you are obviously loved!!

Lisa Scott Provost
    November 22, 2013 at 7:28 pm

DOOD. That is all amazing news! I feel like such a hipster for loving that I’ve been stalkin… uh, reading you since before ALL MANNER OF AWESOME RAINED DOWN. Hee!

Excited for you, and happy(ish) to wait another couple days to see my future makeup in action! Can’t wait to get super foxy. 🙂

November 22, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Do you have a pre-order for date for the makeup yet? !? I can’t wait!

November 22, 2013 at 8:05 pm

I find it so great to have followed your story and see all these amazing opportunities unfold before all of our eyes. You so deserve it!! I find you extremely inspiring and am rooting for you and your new line…I cannot wait to try it! Keep being the amazing girl you are, and as others said above, don’t forget us little people, we still LOVE to read your blog 🙂

November 22, 2013 at 8:33 pm

can you please share how you stay in such great shape ( daily diet etc) unless you can come up with a way to HAC /contour our bodies- you look great!

Britney B
    November 22, 2013 at 9:21 pm

So I just discovered this blog, and I can already tell you that I LOVE it. I’m so excited to go through and read all your pearls of beauty knowledge! Congrats on all your success!

November 22, 2013 at 10:00 pm

AMAZING!!! You deserve all of this recognition and more!!

Lindsey @ Whimsical Allure
    November 22, 2013 at 11:02 pm

I love our outfit, especially the boots. I have got to get to target!

Whimsical Allure

November 22, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Simple elegance – love it. And those boots are gorgeous. Wish we had Target in the UK

November 23, 2013 at 6:16 am

Did I miss the preorder or has it not happened yet? Congrats on all the awesomesauceness this week!

Sabrina Botelho
    November 23, 2013 at 6:23 am

Words can not explain how excited and happy I am for you. I’ve been following your blog for about a year and a half and it’s amazing to see how much your site has grown and how famous your getting. Your so beautiful inside and out and I absolutely can’t wait to try out ur makeup line. Keep up all ur good work 🙂

Sarah f.
    November 23, 2013 at 7:37 am

Too funny! I was just at Old Navy and was thinking about how I wanted some able boots and how thru might have some more on my budget & low and behold…they make the same exact ones!! I bought them & word them last night! I’m in love & can see myself wearing then with everything too! They were $34.95 at ON and I’m taking my receipt back day after Thanksgiving since the whole store will be 50% off making these an even better deal! Love the jeans. I will have to check those out 🙂

susanne yalcin
    November 23, 2013 at 7:41 am

Hi Cara…..I love your blog…..I am American living in Turkey and I read you everyday….you are my bridge to the world of western glamour that I miss so much….but for the past week I cannot see your photos on the posts…..I am technologically challenged and was wondering if you or other readers have any suggestions? Thank you…..again I really love following you…..I find you to be candid and honest in a world of fake “mary poppins” bloggers….thanks for helping me stay linked to my long forgotten inner glamour princesss….I had almost forgotten her….susanne

November 23, 2013 at 7:56 am

im so glad you got this opportunity! love your blog girl. So exciting! stoked for posts ahead, especially the victorias secret makeup tips. Your line is going to rock my socks, so happy for you!

November 23, 2013 at 9:56 am

You look gorgeous!! I love this outfit..

Sincerely Miss Ash

November 23, 2013 at 10:30 am

Take load off for the weekend! You’ve earned it!

merry street
    November 23, 2013 at 10:52 am

Hi Cara…

I found you in the Allure magazine while working at the Library.

Because of you, I’m wearing makeup again after years of being physically allergic to it. (I was also secretly afraid of making mistakes with it.) All of my co-workers have noticed the HACing and love what they’re seeing.

I’ve also been name dropping you at my local San Diego Sephora! I know that will make you smile 🙂 Yesterday I told the makeup artist & store manager to check your website out…

Your blog has also inspired me to create one of my own: On 50th Street… A blog honoring 50+ women. (It will be up and running once I add some photos…) I’m suggesting that they find/follow you and purchase your makeup line.

Wishing you ALL the best…

Nora Gill
      November 23, 2013 at 10:02 pm

So glad you’ll be singing the praises of Maskcara.com in your new blog but I’m willing to bet that most of your readers (the savvy ones anyway) have already discovered this fabulous website. Even so, the more the “Merrier”, right ?!

Christina J.
    November 23, 2013 at 11:23 am

I don’t even care if you miss days blogging because I’m so happy for you! This shows that good things happen to good people. Karma. Isn’t it so great how everything happened at just the right times? First the blog, then the Allure award, and now the launch, and great publicity? Congrats Cara! You’ve worked hard for this and we’re proud of you. When does your cosmetics line launch? I’m first in line!

Sarah J
    November 23, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I’m so glad you posted that outfit! I wasn’t sure how to style some the ankle booties from head to toe. Super cute!

Debra Rhodes
    November 23, 2013 at 3:42 pm

YOU deserve all the happiness & greatness!! I am so excited for all of these opportunities knocking on your door!! Chin up, Smile on & Enjoy!! 🙂

November 23, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Cara, it is close to 3 am eastern time here in NYC. I am happy to learn about all the roses that are growing in your garden. The Universe is telling you that you are on the right path. Now I am truly sad I didn’t get to see you when you were here in NYC…my tears are flowing. I should have sweetened the deal by offering lunch or dinner and showing you some true NYC spots. I look forward to seeing some new videos by you as they are insightful & interesting. I went through your archive. Stay Blessed. Abrazos, Tu Amiga, La Glorya de Nueva York

November 24, 2013 at 7:45 am

I’ve been following this ever since I read the article written in the Las Vegas newspaper, while waiting in the airport. Ive witnessed your blog and career grow in this short time and it is incredible and inspiring. Kudos to you! Not to mention I love this blog!

November 24, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Congratulations, Cara! Besides an exciting week, adding the New York Times write up is amazing!!! Good for you!

Barbara Freymann
    November 24, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I love the boot jacket combo

November 24, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Looking forward to the Victoria’s Secret show tips and products!!

November 24, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I went to Target today and bought the boots 🙂

Ania Kaplich
    November 25, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Congratulations on all the amazing things happening to you! waiting for the VS tips 😉

November 26, 2013 at 1:33 am

So incredible and well deserved!!! Congrats on all the good things coming your way, you are tottally an inspiration.

November 26, 2013 at 1:36 am

xoxo One Stiletto At a Time fashion and beauty blog

December 10, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Well done! Congratulations! Just sit back and enjoy it! Hopefully this will be me in a few years! It’s all down to hard work and that’s what I am doing! Keep it up and keep us inspired!
    Kassi by http://www.makeupartistas.com