HAC Makeup

Shine bright like a diamond.

Today is the day for diamond faces.
This one is beautiful and pretty rare…like diamonds:)

IF your face is widest at the cheekbones with a narrow chin and hairline, you can name yourself among these rare gems.
What’s so great about being a diamond? Glad you asked.  With a narrow chin and forehead area guess what gets all the attention? Those beautiful eyes! Also, me your face a fairy-like sweetness to it. I dig.

Also you share your shape with the likes of Ashley Greene & Anna Kendrick.

Contouring for diamond faces.

The main difference here is using mostly highlight on the forehead and chin and focusing the contour at the cheekbones.

Almost done with these shapes! Promise!

November 19, 2013 at 5:02 am

This shape series is really very helpful! I think I know my face shape, but would love a way to have you, or someone, check if I am right!! You could set up an email and have someone help you evaluate the shapes! heeheehee, like you don’t have enough going on right now….:) I am so excited for the pre-order this week, can’t wait for more details! I, like so many others, have been avoiding Sephora until I get yours ordered!! 🙂 Thanks for all of the work you put in!!

November 19, 2013 at 5:14 am

I have LOVED this shape series!

Carrie McCallum
    November 19, 2013 at 5:21 am

I am loving the shape series, but I honestly have no idea how to tell what my face shape is. Can you help with that?

November 19, 2013 at 10:40 am

YES! I have a fun little idea planned for getting everyone figured out! SO don’t worry at all!

Somer Carpenter
    November 19, 2013 at 5:29 am

I have no idea how to tell the shape of my face either! Help!! May I send a picture?

November 19, 2013 at 5:46 am

I’m pretty confused about my face shape, as well. Mainly because I have a very pointy chin, wide cheek bones, and a fivehead. Not a forehead. I have a big fivehead that I have to hide with bangs. Can’t wear a center part or ever have my bangs pulled back :(, but whatever, you work with what you have. So I look at heart shaped faces, and they are similar to mine, but I have this giant forehead. Diamond shape is similar, minus the forehead. Lol it’s the bane of my existence.

November 19, 2013 at 9:14 am

There are actually a multitude of face shapes that get a bit more intricate than the basics. Very similar to the heart shaped face, is the inverted triangle, which is what your face might be. The inverted triangle is very wide at the temples and then tapers down to a point at the chin. Heart shaped faces are usually a little rounder than an inverted triangle and they are usually accompanied by a widow’s peak. Just do a quick google search of “inverted triangle face shape” and there will be loads of pictures for it. Hope that helps!

November 19, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Laughing out loud at your term five head, ha ha ha, so witty.

November 20, 2013 at 4:36 am

I have a five head too, gingererin, it’s even got a lump from a childhood injury. Bane of my life. You are not alone!

November 19, 2013 at 6:57 am

Finally I found my shape! Thank you for these posts!

Emerald Earrings
    November 19, 2013 at 7:48 am

So pretty! Funny to me because I’ve always thought Anna Kendrick and Ashley Greene look so much alike!

November 19, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I am confused about my face shape… just like so many people! Also I am wondering if you have to have special make up in order to contour or can you use the make up you have do it if you have similar stuff???

November 19, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Hi girls, I’m at Student at Syracuse University doing a project related to this post. If anyone could take this survey it would be greatly appreciated. It’s fun and easy 🙂 Thanks!

Laura from GA
    November 19, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Hi Cara!! Love your site!

I had a quick question / suggestion for posts… Could you ever do a series on EYE shapes (or perhaps colors)? How to contour and highlight based on your eyes?

Alternatively, could you do tutorials for eye make up? I find it so confusing. I can’t even figure out how to line my inner lid.

Thank you and all the best! Your huge fan, Laura from Georgia 🙂

Veronica Miller
      November 19, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I second this request! I think I have deep set eyes… Not sure tho and not sur what to do with them! Fab blog, has changed my life. I get so many compliments on my makeup now!

November 19, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Thank you! This is so helpful. We’re a shaving company called Dorco and we provide quality razor systems, disposables, and cartridges for 30-70% less than leading brands. Check out our prices for yourself by Googling us! Thanks again for this great tutorial!

November 20, 2013 at 4:02 am

Love the shape series! Can’t wait to see what you’re planning for how-to-find-your-shape. 😀

If you’re still doing celebrity make overs in general and are looking for ideas, could I put forward the lovely and fresh faced Emma Stone as a suggestion? In particular this look which, as a fellow redhead I just love 🙂 https://www.pinterest.com/pin/251075747948920631/

Your blog is just the best Cara!

Diane Clarke Hall
    November 20, 2013 at 9:26 am

Haven’t been able to leave a comment….just checking

November 20, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Thanks! So many people forget us diamonds when discussing face-shapes. This was very helpful. 🙂

November 20, 2013 at 2:29 pm

This is great! I’ve always thought I had a heart shaped face but that didn’t explain my super cheek bones that require giant sunglasses. So yay to learn about diamond face shapes!

November 22, 2013 at 10:07 am

Cara, These are great. It would also be cool if you did a series on how to contour different nose shapes. The shape of my nose doesn’t look so good with the typical lines from the eyebrows down the bridge and on the sides. There are so many different nose shapes long, short, wide, skinny, pointy, round, lump on the bridge or either side or both sides, crooked noses!!

chelsea nielsen
    November 22, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Cara, do we get to pre order this weekend for your make up?!

Face Shapes | Maskcara
    November 25, 2013 at 4:25 am

[…] Diamond Heart Oblong Rectangle/square Pear Oval Round […]

November 26, 2013 at 8:20 am

Anna Kendrick looks like Cassadee Pope!

#Jussaying 🙂