Before & Afters Makeup

Makeover Monday!

From the minute Bonnie and her sisters showed up for their makeovers I knew it was going to be a good day.
They were such a blast and so excited for a makeup update.
We took the before with her full makeup on, much of the time (if I remember to) I like to take the befores that way so that they can really see the differences when and if they want to recreate the look.

The whole Key family is just beautiful (even the in-laws:) and as you can see Bonnie is no exception!

(side by side)

What I did:

First thing I wanted to do was give her skin some moisture! I used Tarte Marajuca Oil, I love using this to give my skin some extra glow if I’m feeling drab, it’s also been really good to ease sensitive or irritated skin.
Next I used Maskcara IIID (3D) Foundation in Sunlit and Stone (I could have probably used dark but I wanted to brighten her up a bit) to highlight and contour with and for the skin smoothing and coverage. I would say she falls mostly into the oval faced placement.
For blush I used my hot pink color (called Dahlia) and then used Maskcara Illuminator on her brow bone and cheek bone.
{BTW Pre-Order starts later this week! AHHHH I am so nervous but much more excited!}
I tweezed an arch into her brows and then filled them with Mac Brun eye shadow.
For her eyes I used MAC Brun in her crease and Loreal Gel liner on her bottom and top lash lines.
Coated her lashes with They’re Real from Benefit and added a row of Sephora Collection lashes in Flutter.
On her lips I lined them with Covergirl Blend In Mink, smudged that in and then topped her with Buxom Gloss in Pink Lady (one of my all time fav’s and also part of this set that I am DYING over, so many beautiful colors!)

Have the most wonderful Monday possible!

November 18, 2013 at 4:31 am

Good to see the Monday Makeover after a long time. 🙂 And waiting to see your line of makeup as well. Although, in India, I probably won’t have access to it. 🙁

November 18, 2013 at 4:41 am

Love, love, love Monday Makeovers! Even though I am an absolute makeup novice, they make me feel like we can all look that beautiful with a little makeup practice. Thanks for all that you do – – love your style & really enjoy how you bring makeup to a level that I can understand. I never feel overwhelmed (only inspired!) by your blog.

November 18, 2013 at 4:43 am

Ahhh I cannot wait to preorder your makeup!!

Kallie (@blondeeambition)
    November 18, 2013 at 4:54 am

so excited for the makeup line!!

And Bonnie is gorgeous!! 🙂

November 18, 2013 at 5:01 am

Wow! All of your Monday Makeovers are just incredible transformations. Very inspirational to see natural beauty brought out without it looking like there’s a lot of makeup on. I’m looking forward to the grand opening of MaskCara Makeup and getting my hands on a HAC Pack. Best wishes!

Kimberly FitzSimons
    November 18, 2013 at 5:03 am

I don’t follow many beauty blogs, but I came across yours from Pinterest and your makeover Monday series! I love these!

November 18, 2013 at 5:08 am

Pretty before, stunning after!

November 18, 2013 at 5:09 am

She looks so glamorous! Love it!

Erin @ One Particular Kitchen
    November 18, 2013 at 5:31 am

She is so beautiful before AND after! She glows! 🙂

Jenni keith
    November 18, 2013 at 5:56 am

I love all the transformations and am excited about your makeup line! Could you do a transformation on a girl that has acne prone skin?

November 19, 2013 at 11:40 pm

You bet! I have done a few with acne prone skin but I am always on the look out for different types of skin and shapes to demo on:)

Henrike Rose
    November 18, 2013 at 6:19 am

Hey! I really love your makeover mondays, Bonnie looks great! I’ve got many tips from you what makeup is concerned. Please excuse my bad english, I’m from Germany ;)… As a mother of three children, I reward myself with your ideas and tips. Thanks a lot! Is there a way to get your products in Germany? Greetings, Henrike

Jessica Rose
    November 18, 2013 at 6:25 am

She looks radiant both before and after…I like the make-up…really enhances as opposed to covering up natural beauty. x

November 18, 2013 at 6:45 am

Beautiful! I also LOVE Tarte’s Maracuja Oil 🙂 I use it every night and sometimes before makeup (in combination with my SPF lotion) if my skin is feeling extra dry. I see my skin tone becoming more even the longer I use it!

November 18, 2013 at 6:55 am

yeah excited to hear the pre-orders will be this week!!!!!

Bonnie looks great!!!

November 18, 2013 at 7:22 am

please dont ever stop doing these Monday makeovers- they are your specialty and wow factor! . I wish to emulate ( cant wait for your products and thx 4 including us fair skin gals) but the technique and details on how to apply are so key so any more detail appreciated- even if you feel like a broken recordl. Anyway to elaborate on your application technique especially referirng to eyes and liner application. Would love a monday makeover- if you dint have a chile you could do the makeover otur and come to towns around us- ok I am dreaming. more videos and detail eye application like your contouring would be very helpful.

November 18, 2013 at 7:24 am

sorry for my above typos-

Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen
    November 18, 2013 at 7:32 am

This is amazing. This woman was so beautiful before that I thought the “before” picture was the “after” picture. It’s amazing what a few small tweaks can do. So pretty!

Emerald Earrings
    November 18, 2013 at 7:38 am

Love this! She has such pretty, shiny hair!

November 18, 2013 at 7:42 am

I can’t wait to try your makeup!!!!! Can you let me know what the animal testing policy is for your products?

Gail Travers
    November 18, 2013 at 7:44 am

Cara I am going to order your IIID for my bridal party and myself, so I have been hardcore stalking your blog waiting waiting waiting. Yeah I’m pretty excited! I have learned so much from you I just may do my own wedding day makeup- unless you are in Buffalo NY next October, then I’d pay you cash on the barrell! Okay, I’ll stop gushing now. 🙂

November 18, 2013 at 8:29 am

Great makeover !
    So excited for your makeup line! Will it be available to Ship to Canada too?

November 18, 2013 at 8:57 am

She looks so beautiful! Her makeover makes her look so much younger and youthful 🙂

November 18, 2013 at 9:16 am

oh Wow! She’s already lovely, but after with the HAC – Stunning! and all it is is subtle changes (plus those fab lashes!). It isn’t that she looks so much younger – she looks radiant – I like this because, I’m her age(ish) (judging by the facial lines) and I am usually content with my look which is like her before, but WOW – i’m sold – if I could recapture that for my after I would for sure. I’m inspired! Love your work, your spirit and your blog! good luck you are a very deserving young lady!

Ellen @ Black and White and Loved All Over
    November 18, 2013 at 10:12 am

You took 10 years off her! She is a gorgeous woman already but you made her look like a damn movie star. I remain so impressed by your work, Cara!!

Valeria Mary
    November 18, 2013 at 10:47 am

wow so beautiful, simple but pretty! awesome job!

my blog :

November 18, 2013 at 10:50 am

So excited about the MaskCARA line! How do we order?!? I don’t want to miss it. Can we get on a list? Thanks! 🙂

Christina Trapletti
    November 18, 2013 at 11:28 am

Your foundation covers so well and looks beautiful in photographs, can’t wait to order mine! xoxo
    Christina Valentina

November 18, 2013 at 11:35 am

OMG the skin texture, nose, and brows look so much better! Amazing! Can’t wait to pre-order your foundation, and hear all about the VS show! Muaah!

November 18, 2013 at 11:42 am

She is simply glowing in the after picture. I always get so happy to see Monday makeover emails. And I CANNOT WAIT for the preorder.

Whitney orr
    November 18, 2013 at 11:56 am

What is your animal testing policy??

November 19, 2013 at 11:42 pm

It’s the ‘NO WAY we would test on animals’ kind:)

November 18, 2013 at 12:49 pm

I’m not sure what it is, but I love looking at makeover pics and videos!

November 18, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Hi,I have some questions about your HD foundtaion…Is it long lasting? Good for oily skin?
    Thanks! Hoping I can try it! Love your blog!

November 18, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Thank you for more tips for blue-eyed blondes with dry skin! More products to add to my basket! This makeover is impressive. I am trying to wait patiently for your III D foundation, but I can’t wait! Looks like I’m not alone. Hope you don’t run out!

November 18, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Would it be possible for you to identify the shape faces the women have in your makeovers so we can learn to differentiate?

Molly Gardner
    November 18, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Bonnie is stunning! Her hair is beautiful too-those curls!! Excited to try your foundation line, it looks beautiful in every photo.

November 18, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Wow! This is really inspirational, what a beautiful model.

November 18, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Hi, love the tutorials and tips. I had a question regarding your new makeup line. Will the foundations be oil free? I normally only use concealer and bronzer to avoid break outs and the cakey look. However, I love your HACing and would like to try it. Thanks!

November 18, 2013 at 1:19 pm

She is beautiful! And YAY for pre-order!!

November 18, 2013 at 1:51 pm

November 18, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Gorgeous! Cara strikes again!

November 18, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Cara can you PLEASE put me out of my misery and tell me if us girls in Australia are going to be able to order your makeup??…I am not exaggerating to say that I think about this most mornings when I am getting ready.

November 18, 2013 at 3:03 pm

November 18, 2013 at 4:30 pm

So, PRE order starts this week. How long after that until the product ships? I am almost out of the foundation I have been using and really want to make the switch to IIID without buying anymore of the other stuff!

November 19, 2013 at 11:37 pm

I am in the same boat. I second this question! Cannot wait!!!

November 19, 2013 at 11:41 pm

The product should ship by end of next week!

Trisha Vivona
          November 22, 2013 at 8:39 am

Perfect! I’m in the same boat and I think my office mates think I’m coming down with something because I’ve been saving the last of my HACing products for important things (like dates and thanksgiving) instead of wearing it to work!

• Betsi
            November 22, 2013 at 9:03 am

How did you pre-order? I want to get in line!!!!

November 18, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Yet another phenomenal makeover!

Sparkles and Shoes

November 18, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I’m dying to try your new products, but I want to know if you’re planning a video tutorial before the preorder? I need more info before I order and I think a video would help to see the products in action. I usually use a powder foundation because I hate thick cakey liquid foundations so I’m hesitant to try this. But I do love the results on your makeovers so I’m definitely interested. Thanks!!

November 19, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Good question! I would love to see a video ALL about it too!

November 18, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I love seeing the before picture in full makeup. She looked great before and I never would have thought she needed a makeover, but the after shows the difference that the little things can make. You have such great talent!

Lisa Scott Provost
    November 18, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Holy hot mama, Batman! Bonnie is clearly gorgeous in her before, but daaang Gina (anyone else see Shania Twain?). Her crisply defined eyes make so much difference! Love.

The more I stalk, uh ENJOY your site, the more I’m also appreciating the H part of HACing. I mean, contour, duh – build me cheekbones? I’m down! And I get that it rounds out the 3D effect. But that brightness in the center just opens up her whole face and shows off that glow! It’s crazy.

Excited for IIID!

November 18, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Cara, your make over really opened up her face with such a beautiful glow. I think the lashes showed her baby blues to the best and the HAC was impressive, What a great looking women & make over. I cried my little tears of sadness knowing that you were not going to give me a call while in NYC last weekend. But it’s okay. Last Wednesday, with pure luck, I bought the newest Allure, read through it and saw you, my blogging beauty goddess and showed you off to some of my gf. I also saw your name with a small burb on the internet in the Allure site. Great for you. I am interested in buying your pre-orders and still I am nervous about getting the correct color for my skin. I am a light Olive Latina, and I think my face is oval. Would it be possible to send you a picture to help with the colors” Let me know cause I am hanging around. Suerte, Glorya

November 19, 2013 at 3:11 am

You can do magic when it comes to make overs…!!!’

November 19, 2013 at 6:52 am

I’m interested in your foundation. what color do you recommend for the indian skin tone (medium)? You mentioned that you could have used the dark shade for this makeover.also what type of brush do you recommend? Thanks!

November 19, 2013 at 7:26 am

She looks beautiful and 10 yrs younger!

November 19, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I CAN’T WAIT FOR YOUR MAKEUP! I hope there is a skin shade guide for buying 🙂 I LOVE MONDAY MAKEOVERS!

Gouri JC
    November 19, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Cara you’ve inspired me to look my best, at a late 40 no less! Could you do a video for South American goldenish brown skin? Actually I’m sub-continent Indian but have been told I sport a more Latino hue. I really need help finding the right colors for my skin in bronzer, foundation, highlights and what eyeshadow colors would suit me best. It’s tough to find the right products and brands in Hong Kong (much of what sells here is for fair Asian skin) but I could order off Amazon because they deliver internationally. Please could you recommend the right brands and shades for me?! $$$ no bar. Thanks – and I’m sharing your videos all over my Facebook and G+ here and my friends are already so impressed with my feeble efforts that they’ve organised a makeup night for just the girls! I need products, pleeeaaaase!! Thanks a bunch – you truly are the best out there…

Gouri JC
    November 19, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I’d also be happy to pre-order your Maskcara potions if you could mix up the right colors for me.

November 19, 2013 at 5:43 pm

What a great makeover, thank you for sharing this! We’re a shaving company called Dorco, and we think every woman should be able to afford high quality razors. That’s why we provide quality razor systems, disposables, and cartridges for 30-70% less than leading brands. Check out our prices for yourself by Googling us! Thanks again for this great post!

November 19, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Oh my gosh Cara- this is amazing. You are right she is a beautiful woman but the transformation is amazing. I am really into the details- her nose is like you changed it completely, and the highlights are fabulous. I just went out and bought new make up but I am close to just biting the bullet and gonna pre-order yours. I just have to make sure I can figure out he colors and shades that are right for me. Thank you so much for sharing.

November 19, 2013 at 9:49 pm

So excited to try out your makeup! Will you post some pics of clients you used the different shades on? Sometimes I’m light, sometimes I’m medium depending of the line.

November 19, 2013 at 11:39 pm

YES! That is my BIGGEST concern with the orders is that everyone knows which color is right for them, so I am going to post examples and go through my previous posts to add the shade:) Thanks Natalie!

November 20, 2013 at 9:46 am

I’ve been so excited for your line to come out it didn’t hit me till now…where do we order? Will it b through this website? (Maybe dumb question but I read every blog post & don’t remember where it was going to be sold :Sl

November 20, 2013 at 10:15 am

Wow she looks great before and after!! You are great with brows! I would love to see you photoshop Janelle from teen mom & kaley cuoco eyebrows :p

November 20, 2013 at 3:34 pm

love how her face is brightened/glowing in the after!

November 20, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I’m very interested in the oil you used. Have you had success with other types of facial oils, too? I get soooo dry and flaky in the winter and especially after giving birth and I’m due again in 3 weeks! Would love to find a product to help this time. At times I resorted to olive oil with my son to ease the dryness!

November 20, 2013 at 5:57 pm

try coconut oil- smells great all natural wont break you out- good luck with new baby !

November 22, 2013 at 5:52 am

I want to pre-order some Maskcara makeup! I’m new to the whole blog thing… where do I order??
    Thank you!

November 22, 2013 at 5:21 pm

How do you pre order I’ve been waiting all week did I miss it?

November 22, 2013 at 5:41 pm

If you look at today’s post, it looks like it’s getting bumped back to next week.

December 13, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I love Monday Makeovers! And this woman is very beautiful before, but after- wow, she looks amazing. Than you for this makeover.

March 4, 2015 at 2:49 pm

To start with someone as beautiful as her, and manage to make her even more gorgeous- wow!! I suddenly feel a neeeeed for a makeover!