HAC Makeup

Oval Faced HAC

Oval faces!
So… I feel like I don’t really need to tell you guys why your faces are so great because every hair post on the planet that talks face shape is always saying things like “You are the lucky ones! You can wear your hair however you want!”
So I figure you already  know you’ve got it good:)
Ovals are the most “proportionate” and balanced of the shapes which is pretty sweet.
Also you’re sharing your sexy silhouette with Beyonce, Megan Fox & Rihanna.
And of course Chalize Theron who, you may already know this, has like the worlds most propionate and symmetrical face. It’s kind of fun to look at. Anyway it was virtually impossible for me to find a photo of her that she wasn’t already HACing in so I finally settled on one that was a little washed out, if you google photos of her from the Golden Globes that day, most of the other photos look much more like the after:)
The main thing here is just defining all of the natural shape and bone structure and not over doing it.

November 7, 2013 at 4:38 am

These are really fantastic and really interesting! 🙂 Will you be doing a ‘pear shaped face’ one? (Think it’s also referred to as a ‘triangle’ face shape – where the forehead is narrower than the bottom?)

November 7, 2013 at 5:04 am

Could you please do a tutorial on how to contour square shaped faces? thank you 🙂

November 7, 2013 at 5:05 am

This makes perfect sense and it looks beautiful! Please forgive me for being so naive about this but what products would you use to highlight? What would I use in the section that is white and the darker dots?

November 7, 2013 at 10:41 am

You can check out her other HAC posts on her Beauty Index page. She gives lots of tips and product recommendations. Isn’t she awesome? 🙂

November 7, 2013 at 5:14 am

Cara has all your answers for highlighting products in her previous posts!! She even tells you how to do it.

November 7, 2013 at 5:31 am

I have a very clearly defined oval face – but I also have really chubby cheeks (think baby fat that never went away). Anyways, I have trouble defining my cheek and emphasizing my cheek bone – no matter what I do, my cheek bone is just non existent. Any advice?!

Alison M (@10amBeauty)
      November 14, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Try a flat topped rectangular brush angled up at a 45 degree angle under the cheekbone 🙂

December 12, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I have the same issue!! Any time I’ve tried to HAC, it just looks like I have a line across my cheek. I want to try the IIID pack, but I’m worried I’ll have the same issue. I have no cheek bone to highlight or contour. Any advice?

Emerald Earrings
    November 7, 2013 at 6:00 am

I’m an oval! But I have a disagreeable nose. Love all of these posts!

November 7, 2013 at 6:01 am

Thank you so much for the information on H&C! I found your post about it (with video) on Pinterest about 6 months ago and I am so glad I did. That’s when I started following you. Anyway, I never knew about H&C and I really have been using it and I think I look much better. I do it lightly for every day and amp it up a bit before we go to places where I know pictures will be taken, like parties or events. LOL! I am a heart shape and I always thought my face looked a little “flat” in pictures. Then I discovered you and my pictures have never looked better.

Kim Florer
    November 7, 2013 at 7:03 am

I am always so confused when it comes to the “highlighter”. It seems like all the highlighters I find are liquid and when I am using bronzer, I’ve already set with powder, so I never want to put liquid over my foundation and powder. Is there a highlighter that is in a powder form? And it would be easy, because I swipe bronzer down my nose and never wind up doing the middle. And another thing that confuses me is that I used to always put bronzer where the sun would “naturally” hit, which would basically swipe across my cheeks to bridge of my nose. Is this a no no?

Lulu Smith
      November 7, 2013 at 8:22 am

There are tonnes of how to incl specific product listings on the main page. Also you can search the A-Z index on topics.

Miriam Soppeland
    November 7, 2013 at 7:36 am

I love these tutorials, thank you! I have a long, oval face with rather close set eyes. Could you do something (unless I have missed it) about eyes? I would like to know the best way to open/separate them more as people have commented to me “you’re really pretty but your eyes are too close together” (harsh yes but i can’t say I disagree). Again I love your blog and thanks for taking the time to help others better themselves.

November 7, 2013 at 8:58 am

I’m pretty sure it’s on this blog, but a common trick is to dot the inner corners of your eyes with white/a light color to make them appear wider. I do it almost every day! Here is one of several Beauty Department posts on the subject of close set eyes:

Trisha Vivona
    November 7, 2013 at 7:48 am

Cara I love these! When is the maskcara line going to be available!?!?! I want to get down my technique with your products before the holidays!

November 7, 2013 at 8:23 am

I am struggling to figure out the difference between oval and oblong. It looks like Charlize’s face is a tad rounder than the girl in the oblong. My length is 7 inches, widest part is cheekbones at 5.25. My jaw isn’t as square at the back as the oblong girl, so does that mean I’m oval?

November 7, 2013 at 8:34 am

any suggestions for a contouring product without an orange-ish tinge? I always try to use bronzers but they often come off looking orange-y and unnatural on my face because I have an olive complexion

November 7, 2013 at 9:24 am

These are great posts Cara! So helpful!

The Sephora 20% off sale has begun… any suggestions on what to get?!

November 7, 2013 at 9:31 am

Dying to know how to hac my square face….. I can never get it right!!

November 7, 2013 at 10:21 am

I’m hoping you’ll do a post next about how to tell your face shape. I think I’m an oval, but might actually be an oblong…I went through life thinking I was pear shaped body type and it turns out I’m actually an hourglass so I’m all kinds of messed up when it comes to shapes 🙂

November 7, 2013 at 10:21 am

And, I have a really weird nose, I’d love to see the different ways to contour noses. I think that mine actually looks bigger when I contour.

November 7, 2013 at 11:34 am

I love, love, love your posts and am eager to buy products and begin contouring! Problem is – I have celiac disease & very sensitive skin (a great combo – ha!). Do you know of any products that are free of gluten, parabens, SLS, etc? Also, I just read in Allure that you have a new line coming out! Any chance that these products may be gluten free?

Stacy Wilson
    November 7, 2013 at 1:09 pm

What a great series. Thank you so much! It’s so fun to see the different face shapes and how HACing can enhance the natural beauty.

November 7, 2013 at 1:23 pm

This is such a wonderful series! I’m really enjoying it!

November 7, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I love this series. These tutorials make it very easy to copy. I can’t wait to try this on my face!

Lisa Scott Provost
    November 7, 2013 at 2:45 pm

This is tripping me out – a few shapes ago, a commenter suggested taking a full-face photo and thickly outlining your face. Totally worked; it was SO clear that I’m an oval when I would have sworn to you that I had the roundest circle in town!

That plus this will totally improve my baby-steps HACing attempts, ha! Excited to try it out.

November 7, 2013 at 6:36 pm

This weeks posts make me soooooo excited! This is the beauty guru info that I LOVE to read. Oval faces unite!!

November 7, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Can not WAIT for you makeup to come out!! Are you doing
    any type of pre-order?

November 7, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Great tips! I’m always nervous to contour b/c I’m worried I’ll look dirty.

November 7, 2013 at 10:32 pm

I don’t know what came over me, but last week on a whim I had my stylist cut my mid-back length, voluminous hair to a long bob. I hate it. I didn’t realize how vain I was until now, or how much cutting my hair would change not only how my face, but my whole body looks. It looks like I have gained ten lbs! Do you have any advice for how to survive a bad haircut? I don’t feel like myself.

Take Note 11•8•13 | DICORCIA DESIGN
    November 8, 2013 at 3:01 am

[…] How to highlight and contour your makeup based on the shape of your face – oval, oblong, […]

Empire Royale
    November 8, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Yes, thank you Cara for this much needed post! I always had a hard time figuring out how to properly contour my face!

November 8, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I’m loving how you showed where to highlight, contour, and add blush for each face shape! It’s cool to see the different techniques for different face shapes. It’s simply amazing what makeup can do, yes? Love this! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. 🙂

November 8, 2013 at 4:06 pm

This is most similar to my face shape, so I’ve tried is yesterday and today and I LOVE IT! Wow! It is amazing what a difference it makes it adds the appearance of volume and definition in all the right places. Amazing! Thank you!

November 8, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Hi Cara,
    I’m an oval, but I have no cheek bones! (I’m not kidding, my cheeks are super flat!) Do I still HAC the same way?
    Thanks for all you do, my beauty routine has been totally overhauled ever since I started reading! 🙂

November 8, 2013 at 5:28 pm

This HAC series is awesome! Could you please do a post on how to correctly identify one’s face type. Thanks!!

November 8, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I can’t wait for your makeup line to come out!!!! I’m dying to try it!!!

November 9, 2013 at 11:35 am

After practicing a few times with HACing I’m totally in love! I’m an oval too! Thank you <3

November 10, 2013 at 11:10 am

Could you please do a HAC tutorial for people with bangs? Thanks!

November 11, 2013 at 12:37 am

On this the pink dots go really close to her nose. i’ve read that there should be minimum 2-finger spaces away from the nostril to where blush starts. What are your thoughts? Then it would be semi-proportional to each face right?

Links da Semana | Não nasci diva
    November 11, 2013 at 4:55 am

[…] Cara do blog Maskcara (ADORO!) fez um favor para azamigue e resumiu como contornar e iluminar cada tipo de […]

Stylishly Social
    November 11, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I love these! What a great illustration of what a difference the right contouring and highlights can make! Thanks! 🙂

Cynthia Basham
    November 11, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Your HAC videos have got me hooked on this technique. I do it everyday. I can’t wait to try this for my face shape….or I might be Oblonged…not sure. I guess I’ll have to try it both ways. 🙂 Thanks for posting!

November 14, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I love your work, Cara, but I keep noticing that in almost everything you do- you make all the noses look SO thin! I don’t have a very large nose, but it is more pronounced than average, and I don’t feel like I should be pressured to hide that! Could you do a post sometime on complimenting a large nose without masking it? I want my face to look like MY face, not like I’m ashamed of what God gave me. Help a girl out?

Agent M
    November 14, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Love this. Thank you. Do you have a recommendation for a highlighter that suits olive asian skin?

November 15, 2013 at 12:08 pm

This is great!! I’ve been looking for something like this. Thanks!

November 16, 2013 at 9:31 am

You killing all of us who are dying to try your new make up line…. Please give us a tiny hint of when we can preorder your new line. I’m starting to worry that it will sell out in minutes and I’ll be sick over not getting it… I’m willing to get up in the middle of the night to check your site …..please … Just a little hint ?

make-up magic | dearibtc
    September 12, 2014 at 10:27 am

[…] at highlighting/contouring my face.  It took me a while to get the hang of it, but I found this tutorial by Maskcara to be extremely helpful (she has them for every face shape).  I used this highlighter […]

shoes birkenstock
    August 15, 2015 at 11:51 am

buy birkenstock

Hot送料無料激安通販 セール対象商品
    August 16, 2015 at 8:55 am

あなたは本当にそれはあなたのプレゼンテーションとそう簡単に見えるように、私は、このトピックを見つける| その私が思うに、私は理解できないだろうされるように本当に実際に何かを。 と非常に私のための広範なそれはあまりにもそうです。あなたの次のポストのために楽しみにして| 私は私は、私がしますそれのこつを取得しよう!
    Hot送料無料激安通販 セール対象商品 http://www.atrii.eu

新作割引 セール対象商品
    August 16, 2015 at 8:55 am

このような良い共有おかげのために設計するために 意見、ポストです完全私は完全にそれを読んでいるなぜthatsの、気難しく|良い|楽しい|素敵な
    新作割引 セール対象商品 http://www.bathrobesformen.org

hair weave
    August 17, 2015 at 2:28 am

draw hair weave bear-foot can be so great

auto loan bad credit credit union
    August 17, 2015 at 4:29 am

The kinds of loans available is discussed, along with cons
    and the pros of every.

gili jewellery
    August 17, 2015 at 8:09 am

Hill tribe jewelry purchased in northern Thailand is normally sold by the actual gram weight multiplied by
    the gram value of the day.

qvc jewellery
    August 17, 2015 at 8:37 am

And so informative.

nathella jewellery
    August 17, 2015 at 8:40 am

Men’s marriage ceremony rings are, within the eyes of some males, effeminate.

August 17, 2015 at 8:56 am

For an elaborate cap finish use fuzzy wool and bead accents.

Civin Tech | Joma Jewellery Girls - Shop Gifts & Jewellery
    August 17, 2015 at 9:37 pm

[…] clear and easy. For those who have just about any inquiries about wherever along with tips on how Joma Jewellery Sale to make use of Joma Jewellery Sale, you can e-mail us in our web-site. Introduction to woodturning […]