HAC Makeup

Oval Faced HAC

Oval faces!
So… I feel like I don’t really need to tell you guys why your faces are so great because every hair post on the planet that talks face shape is always saying things like “You are the lucky ones! You can wear your hair however you want!”
So I figure you already  know you’ve got it good:)
Ovals are the most “proportionate” and balanced of the shapes which is pretty sweet.
Also you’re sharing your sexy silhouette with Beyonce, Megan Fox & Rihanna.
And of course Chalize Theron who, you may already know this, has like the worlds most propionate and symmetrical face. It’s kind of fun to look at. Anyway it was virtually impossible for me to find a photo of her that she wasn’t already HACing in so I finally settled on one that was a little washed out, if you google photos of her from the Golden Globes that day, most of the other photos look much more like the after:)
oval
The main thing here is just defining all of the natural shape and bone structure and not over doing it.
signature

78 Comments

Fruitloops
    November 7, 2013 at 4:38 am

These are really fantastic and really interesting! 🙂 Will you be doing a ‘pear shaped face’ one? (Think it’s also referred to as a ‘triangle’ face shape – where the forehead is narrower than the bottom?)

Girly
    November 7, 2013 at 5:04 am

Could you please do a tutorial on how to contour square shaped faces? thank you 🙂

Andrea
    November 7, 2013 at 5:05 am

This makes perfect sense and it looks beautiful! Please forgive me for being so naive about this but what products would you use to highlight? What would I use in the section that is white and the darker dots?

Ari
      November 7, 2013 at 10:41 am

You can check out her other HAC posts on her Beauty Index page. She gives lots of tips and product recommendations. Isn’t she awesome? 🙂

Krista
    November 7, 2013 at 5:14 am

Cara has all your answers for highlighting products in her previous posts!! She even tells you how to do it.

lindsay
    November 7, 2013 at 5:31 am

I have a very clearly defined oval face – but I also have really chubby cheeks (think baby fat that never went away). Anyways, I have trouble defining my cheek and emphasizing my cheek bone – no matter what I do, my cheek bone is just non existent. Any advice?!

Alison M (@10amBeauty)
      November 14, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Try a flat topped rectangular brush angled up at a 45 degree angle under the cheekbone 🙂

Becca
      December 12, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I have the same issue!! Any time I’ve tried to HAC, it just looks like I have a line across my cheek. I want to try the IIID pack, but I’m worried I’ll have the same issue. I have no cheek bone to highlight or contour. Any advice?

Emerald Earrings
    November 7, 2013 at 6:00 am

I’m an oval! But I have a disagreeable nose. Love all of these posts!

Tami
    November 7, 2013 at 6:01 am

Thank you so much for the information on H&C! I found your post about it (with video) on Pinterest about 6 months ago and I am so glad I did. That’s when I started following you. Anyway, I never knew about H&C and I really have been using it and I think I look much better. I do it lightly for every day and amp it up a bit before we go to places where I know pictures will be taken, like parties or events. LOL! I am a heart shape and I always thought my face looked a little “flat” in pictures. Then I discovered you and my pictures have never looked better.

Kim Florer
    November 7, 2013 at 7:03 am

I am always so confused when it comes to the “highlighter”. It seems like all the highlighters I find are liquid and when I am using bronzer, I’ve already set with powder, so I never want to put liquid over my foundation and powder. Is there a highlighter that is in a powder form? And it would be easy, because I swipe bronzer down my nose and never wind up doing the middle. And another thing that confuses me is that I used to always put bronzer where the sun would “naturally” hit, which would basically swipe across my cheeks to bridge of my nose. Is this a no no?

Lulu Smith
      November 7, 2013 at 8:22 am

There are tonnes of how to incl specific product listings on the main page. Also you can search the A-Z index on topics.

Miriam Soppeland
    November 7, 2013 at 7:36 am

I love these tutorials, thank you! I have a long, oval face with rather close set eyes. Could you do something (unless I have missed it) about eyes? I would like to know the best way to open/separate them more as people have commented to me “you’re really pretty but your eyes are too close together” (harsh yes but i can’t say I disagree). Again I love your blog and thanks for taking the time to help others better themselves.

Lauren
      November 7, 2013 at 8:58 am

I’m pretty sure it’s on this blog, but a common trick is to dot the inner corners of your eyes with white/a light color to make them appear wider. I do it almost every day! Here is one of several Beauty Department posts on the subject of close set eyes:

Trisha Vivona
    November 7, 2013 at 7:48 am

Cara I love these! When is the maskcara line going to be available!?!?! I want to get down my technique with your products before the holidays!

SkyePurls
    November 7, 2013 at 8:23 am

I am struggling to figure out the difference between oval and oblong. It looks like Charlize’s face is a tad rounder than the girl in the oblong. My length is 7 inches, widest part is cheekbones at 5.25. My jaw isn’t as square at the back as the oblong girl, so does that mean I’m oval?

Cam
    November 7, 2013 at 8:34 am

any suggestions for a contouring product without an orange-ish tinge? I always try to use bronzers but they often come off looking orange-y and unnatural on my face because I have an olive complexion

Meg
    November 7, 2013 at 9:24 am

These are great posts Cara! So helpful!

The Sephora 20% off sale has begun… any suggestions on what to get?!

Ness
    November 7, 2013 at 9:31 am

Dying to know how to hac my square face….. I can never get it right!!

Lindsay
    November 7, 2013 at 10:21 am

I’m hoping you’ll do a post next about how to tell your face shape. I think I’m an oval, but might actually be an oblong…I went through life thinking I was pear shaped body type and it turns out I’m actually an hourglass so I’m all kinds of messed up when it comes to shapes 🙂

Lindsay
      November 7, 2013 at 10:21 am

And, I have a really weird nose, I’d love to see the different ways to contour noses. I think that mine actually looks bigger when I contour.

Maya
    November 7, 2013 at 11:34 am

Cara,

I love, love, love your posts and am eager to buy products and begin contouring! Problem is – I have celiac disease & very sensitive skin (a great combo – ha!). Do you know of any products that are free of gluten, parabens, SLS, etc? Also, I just read in Allure that you have a new line coming out! Any chance that these products may be gluten free?

Stacy Wilson
    November 7, 2013 at 1:09 pm

What a great series. Thank you so much! It’s so fun to see the different face shapes and how HACing can enhance the natural beauty.

SuperCutePetContest
    November 7, 2013 at 1:23 pm

This is such a wonderful series! I’m really enjoying it!

Trista
    November 7, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I love this series. These tutorials make it very easy to copy. I can’t wait to try this on my face!

Lisa Scott Provost
    November 7, 2013 at 2:45 pm

This is tripping me out – a few shapes ago, a commenter suggested taking a full-face photo and thickly outlining your face. Totally worked; it was SO clear that I’m an oval when I would have sworn to you that I had the roundest circle in town!

That plus this will totally improve my baby-steps HACing attempts, ha! Excited to try it out.

Renata
    November 7, 2013 at 6:36 pm

This weeks posts make me soooooo excited! This is the beauty guru info that I LOVE to read. Oval faces unite!!

Heidi
    November 7, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Can not WAIT for you makeup to come out!! Are you doing
    any type of pre-order?

Samantha
    November 7, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Great tips! I’m always nervous to contour b/c I’m worried I’ll look dirty.

sunday
    November 7, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Cara!
    I don’t know what came over me, but last week on a whim I had my stylist cut my mid-back length, voluminous hair to a long bob. I hate it. I didn’t realize how vain I was until now, or how much cutting my hair would change not only how my face, but my whole body looks. It looks like I have gained ten lbs! Do you have any advice for how to survive a bad haircut? I don’t feel like myself.

Take Note 11•8•13 | DICORCIA DESIGN
    November 8, 2013 at 3:01 am

[…] How to highlight and contour your makeup based on the shape of your face – oval, oblong, […]

Empire Royale
    November 8, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Yes, thank you Cara for this much needed post! I always had a hard time figuring out how to properly contour my face!

Jessica
    November 8, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I’m loving how you showed where to highlight, contour, and add blush for each face shape! It’s cool to see the different techniques for different face shapes. It’s simply amazing what makeup can do, yes? Love this! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. 🙂

Shelly
    November 8, 2013 at 4:06 pm

This is most similar to my face shape, so I’ve tried is yesterday and today and I LOVE IT! Wow! It is amazing what a difference it makes it adds the appearance of volume and definition in all the right places. Amazing! Thank you!

_______
    November 8, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Hi Cara,
    I’m an oval, but I have no cheek bones! (I’m not kidding, my cheeks are super flat!) Do I still HAC the same way?
    Thanks for all you do, my beauty routine has been totally overhauled ever since I started reading! 🙂

Yane
    November 8, 2013 at 5:28 pm

This HAC series is awesome! Could you please do a post on how to correctly identify one’s face type. Thanks!!

Victoria
    November 8, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I can’t wait for your makeup line to come out!!!! I’m dying to try it!!!

roxy
    November 9, 2013 at 11:35 am

After practicing a few times with HACing I’m totally in love! I’m an oval too! Thank you <3

Claire
    November 10, 2013 at 11:10 am

Could you please do a HAC tutorial for people with bangs? Thanks!

Paige
    November 11, 2013 at 12:37 am

On this the pink dots go really close to her nose. i’ve read that there should be minimum 2-finger spaces away from the nostril to where blush starts. What are your thoughts? Then it would be semi-proportional to each face right?

Links da Semana | Não nasci diva
    November 11, 2013 at 4:55 am

[…] Cara do blog Maskcara (ADORO!) fez um favor para azamigue e resumiu como contornar e iluminar cada tipo de […]

[email protected]
    November 11, 2013 at 4:56 am

Yeahhh I have this face shape and I always thought it was one of the worst ones because my face always looked so long and plump ahaha, great post by the way!

Stylishly Social
    November 11, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I love these! What a great illustration of what a difference the right contouring and highlights can make! Thanks! 🙂

Cynthia Basham
    November 11, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Your HAC videos have got me hooked on this technique. I do it everyday. I can’t wait to try this for my face shape….or I might be Oblonged…not sure. I guess I’ll have to try it both ways. 🙂 Thanks for posting!

Lorie
    November 14, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I love your work, Cara, but I keep noticing that in almost everything you do- you make all the noses look SO thin! I don’t have a very large nose, but it is more pronounced than average, and I don’t feel like I should be pressured to hide that! Could you do a post sometime on complimenting a large nose without masking it? I want my face to look like MY face, not like I’m ashamed of what God gave me. Help a girl out?

Agent M
    November 14, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Love this. Thank you. Do you have a recommendation for a highlighter that suits olive asian skin?

Alexa
    November 15, 2013 at 12:08 pm

This is great!! I’ve been looking for something like this. Thanks!

Kendra
    November 16, 2013 at 9:31 am

You killing all of us who are dying to try your new make up line…. Please give us a tiny hint of when we can preorder your new line. I’m starting to worry that it will sell out in minutes and I’ll be sick over not getting it… I’m willing to get up in the middle of the night to check your site …..please … Just a little hint ?

make-up magic | dearibtc
    September 12, 2014 at 10:27 am

[…] at highlighting/contouring my face.  It took me a while to get the hang of it, but I found this tutorial by Maskcara to be extremely helpful (she has them for every face shape).  I used this highlighter […]

shoes birkenstock
    August 15, 2015 at 11:51 am

buy birkenstock

Hot送料無料激安通販 セール対象商品
    August 16, 2015 at 8:55 am

あなたは本当にそれはあなたのプレゼンテーションとそう簡単に見えるように、私は、このトピックを見つける| その私が思うに、私は理解できないだろうされるように本当に実際に何かを。 と非常に私のための広範なそれはあまりにもそうです。あなたの次のポストのために楽しみにして| 私は私は、私がしますそれのこつを取得しよう!
    Hot送料無料激安通販 セール対象商品 http://www.atrii.eu

新作割引 セール対象商品
    August 16, 2015 at 8:55 am

このような良い共有おかげのために設計するために 意見、ポストです完全私は完全にそれを読んでいるなぜthatsの、気難しく|良い|楽しい|素敵な
    新作割引 セール対象商品 http://www.bathrobesformen.org

hair weave
    August 17, 2015 at 2:28 am

draw hair weave bear-foot can be so great

auto loan bad credit credit union
    August 17, 2015 at 4:29 am

The kinds of loans available is discussed, along with cons
    and the pros of every.

gili jewellery
    August 17, 2015 at 8:09 am

Hill tribe jewelry purchased in northern Thailand is normally sold by the actual gram weight multiplied by
    the gram value of the day.

qvc jewellery
    August 17, 2015 at 8:37 am

And so informative.

nathella jewellery
    August 17, 2015 at 8:40 am

Men’s marriage ceremony rings are, within the eyes of some males, effeminate.

Vanita
    August 17, 2015 at 8:56 am

For an elaborate cap finish use fuzzy wool and bead accents.

Civin Tech | Joma Jewellery Girls - Shop Gifts & Jewellery
    August 17, 2015 at 9:37 pm

[…] clear and easy. For those who have just about any inquiries about wherever along with tips on how Joma Jewellery Sale to make use of Joma Jewellery Sale, you can e-mail us in our web-site. Introduction to woodturning […]

プラダ 靴 バイマ
    November 3, 2016 at 3:59 pm

プラダ 靴 バイマ

スーパーコピーブランド通販店(*^-^*) スーパーコピーブランドメンズレディースファッション時計バッグ財布を海外通販! スーパーコピーブランド激安ショッピングサイトです。 送料無料(日本全国)! サポート体制も万全です。 スタイルが豊富で。 最新作も随時入荷いたしております。 ご安心購入くださいませ。

ルイ ヴィトン 時計 激安
    November 19, 2016 at 10:25 am

ルイ ヴィトン 時計 激安

ブランドコピーならにお任せ! 弊店のロレックススーパーコピーは2年無料保証になります。 ご入金が確認できてから1週間でお届け致します。 ロレックスコピー時計などを購入したい方はこちらへ。 ロレックススーパーコピー時計通販、N級品、全て新品、高い品質、激安、送料無料。

ルイ ヴィトン 財布 ランキング ブランド
    November 27, 2016 at 10:59 pm

ルイ ヴィトン 財布 ランキング ブランド

当店は、ますます多くの人が選ぶ 日本的な人気と信頼を得ています! 最も安い高級アイテムは、1つを持っているに値する! 私たちの豪華なアイテム工場でオンラインストアをアウトレット 保証商品&24時間365日オンラインサービス! 芸能人愛用『大注目』 手頃な価格でお好きなもの 今、私たちは安価な高級品海外通販しています。 私たちは、デザイナーの多数な選択を運ぶ 高品質と最高の専門の顧客サービスと 最安値で販売、80%以上割引! お得ランキング! 大ヒット激安! 海外有名,正規品激安大販売☆ アウトレット…

ルイ ヴィトン リュック qoo10
    December 6, 2016 at 2:49 pm

ルイ ヴィトン リュック qoo10

スーパーコピーブランド専門店 ぜひ一度のスーパーコピーブランド品をお試しください。 驚きと満足を保証できます。 ご利用を心からお待ちしております。 営業時間: ご注文はオンラインにて年中無休24時間受付けております。

カルティエ 結婚指輪 通販 40代
    December 18, 2016 at 9:51 am

カルティエ 結婚指輪 通販 40代

ウブロコピー腕時計品質NO.1 2017秋冬最適ウブロコピー腕時計 皆さん、こちらへどうぞ、ご注意くださいね。 2017秋冬がソそろそろ来ますよ。 皆様へのいい気持ちを与えることができるため、 こういう季節に最適商品が登場しております。 ウブロコピー,ウブロスーパーコピー,ウブロコピー時計,ウブロコピー代引き,ウブロコピー 時計通販, ウブロコピー時計販売弊店,は最低の価格と最高のサービスを提供しております。 皆様は最高の満足を収穫することができます。 ▲下記の連絡先までお問い合わせください。 是非…

ロレックス 楽天
    December 22, 2016 at 6:02 pm

ロレックス 楽天

ブランド財布コピー 業内最高レベルのブランド財布コピー 世界ブランドコピー業内最高レベルのスーパーコピー品(N級品)をお客様に提供します。 ブランド財布コピー、ブランドキーケースコピー、 コピーブランド名刺入れ、 スーパーコピーレベルなど豊富な物件を揃いています。 ルイ・ヴィトンコピー エルメス財布コピー シャネルスーパーコピー フェンディコピー ミュウミュウコピー…… 今、大セールが開催中…

ブルガリ 長財布 買取価格 vita本体
    December 25, 2016 at 10:51 pm

ブルガリ 長財布 買取価格 vita本体

スーパーコピーオメガ時計 当店はスーパーコピーオメガ時計専門店,販売以下 世界一流ブランドコピー時計:ロレックスコピー、ウブロコピー、オメガコピー、シャネルコピー… 最高品質スーパーコピーN級品時計新作最新入荷,信用第一 なので、ご安心ください,全国送料無料!超人気新品の大量入荷! 信用第一、良い品質、低価格は私達のち残りの切り札です。 オメガコピー等などのスーパーコピー品 を扱っております。 ■お客さんのメールに 迅速返信します。 ■入金を確認して、 一日 の以内は出荷できます。 ■ご注文を期…

ブルガリ 長財布 黒 int換算
    December 29, 2016 at 7:52 pm

ブルガリ 長財布 黒 int換算

最高品質 スーパーコピー N級品 全国送料無料 消費税無し! 送料無料! 手数料無料! 業務内容: 各種海外有名ブランド品を豊富に取り揃え、 しかもお客様を第一と考えて、驚きの低価格で提供しております ■ スタイルが多い、品質がよい、価格が低い! ■ 送料無料(日本全国) ご注文を期待しています! ■ 信用第一、良い品質、低価格は ■ 当社の商品は絶対の自信が御座います。 激安、安心、安全にお届けします.品数豊富な商 商品数も大幅に増え、品質も大自信です 100%品質保証!満足保障!リピーター率10…

ロレックス gmtマスターii
    December 31, 2016 at 3:43 am

ロレックス gmtマスターii

ブランドコピー(N級品)優良店! 2017年人気貴族ブランドコピー(N級品)優良店! ルイヴィトン、シャネル、グッチ、ロレックス、バレンシアガ、 エルメス、コーチ、ブラダ、クロエ大激売中 ★高級品☆┃時計┃バッグ┃財 布┃その他┃ ◆★ 誠実★信用★顧客は至上 ●在庫情報随時更新! 品質がよい 価格が低い 実物写真 品質を重視 100%品質保証 100%満足保障 信用第一 ★人気最新品┃特恵中┃☆腕時計、バッグ、財布、ベルト、アクセサリー、小物☆ ★当店商品送料無料日本全国! 休業日: 365天受付…

スーパーコピー 財布 アズール
    January 2, 2017 at 5:48 pm

スーパーコピー 財布 アズール

人気腕時計 2017新作の展示,新品種類がそろっています! 当社の商品は絶対の自信が御座います。 ★信用第一、良い品質、低価格は(*^-^*) ★当店の承諾に→誠実 信用 ★送料無料(日本全国) ※ご注文の方は、ご連絡下さい。期待!! ※以上 宜しくお願い致します。(^0^)

カルティエ フレグランス
    January 10, 2017 at 7:48 am

カルティエ フレグランス

ブランド バッグ 財布 コピー 専門店 弊社は平成20年創業致しました、ブランドバッグ.財布コピーの取り扱いの専門会社です。 世界有名なブランドバッグ.財布を日本のお客様に届ける為に5年前にこのネット通販サイトを始めました。 全てのブランドバッグ.財布は激安の価格で提供します、 外見と本物と区別できないほど出来が良くて、質は保証できます、弊社のブランドバッグ.財布は同類商品の中で最高という自信があります。 発送前に何度もチェックし、癖のある商品と不良品は発送しません。我社創業以来の方針は品質第一、…

ロレックス レディース デイトジャスト
    January 21, 2017 at 2:18 pm

ロレックス レディース デイトジャスト

ブランドスマホケース/カバー激安通販ショップ ご来店いただき誠にありがとうございます。 当店では「信頼第一、サービス第一」をモットーに、お客様第一主義で営業しております。取扱商品としては、iPhoneスマホケース、iPadケース、SAMSUNG GALAXY スマホケース、バッテリー&充電器や、関係する物などです。皆様のニーズにお応えすべく各種製品を取り揃えております。 ごゆっくりお買い物をお楽しみください。皆様のお求めになりたい商品がきっと見つかります。 休業日: 365天受付年中無休

カルティエ love
    March 17, 2017 at 4:27 pm

カルティエ love

SALEが開催中 ◆ブラントコピー人気通販店の大SALEが開催中◆ 弊社は長年の豊富な経験と実績を持ち、 ブラントスーパーコピー品の完壁な品質を維持するために、 一流の素材を選択し、 精巧な作り方でまるで本物のようなな製品を造ります。 また、お客様のご注文商品を責任を持ってお届けいたします。

カルティエ 結婚指輪 アフター
    March 22, 2017 at 11:33 am

カルティエ 結婚指輪 アフター

S品N品コピーブランド通販 (*^-^*) S品N品コピー時計 、超人気激安ブランド財布、ブランドバッグコピー 皆さん、こんにちは!いつも弊店をご支援頂きまして誠にありがとうございます。 当店はブランドバッグ、財布、腕時計コーピ品を販売しています。 ROLEX ロレックス、シャネル シャネル、BVLGARI ブルガリ CARTIER カルティエ、オメガ オメガ、FRANCK MULLER IWC、HEMERS、ロンジン時計、バセロンコンスタンチン時計 送料無料(日本全国)! サポート体制も万全です。…

n級品ブランド
    May 3, 2017 at 11:16 am

n級品ブランド

S品N品コピーN品通販専門店 最新作ブランドコピールイヴィトン財布激安 偽物ブランド財布,偽物ブランド財布 シャネル財布偽物,ルイヴィトン財布,財布コピー 人気ブランド_バッグコピー_財布コピー サングラス偽物_ベルトコピー_新作_S品N品コピー バッグ、財布、小物などでございます専売店 ★弊社は「信用第一」をモットーにお客様にご満足頂けるよう ★全物品運賃無料(日本全国) ★不良品物情況、無償で交換します. ★税関没収する商品は再度無料で発送します!

ロレックス 偽物
    May 11, 2017 at 10:27 pm

ロレックス 偽物

ブランド偽物激安市場 ┣財布 ┣小物 ┣靴 ┣時計 ┗2017年 新作の展示 2017年ルイヴィトン全新登場 2017年超人気商品!随時更新 品質がよい、価格が低い、実物写真! 全物品運賃無料(日本全国) 不良品物情況、無償で交換します. 税関没収する商品は再度無料で発送します. 注文数量: 数量制限無し、一個の注文も、OKです 注意:注文は多くて、特恵は多いです 広大な客を歓迎して買います!

オメガ 一番安い
    May 16, 2017 at 8:35 pm

オメガ 一番安い

日本的な人気と信頼を得ています 当社の商品は絶対の自信が御座います スタイルが多い、品質がよい、価格が低い! 迅速、確実にお客様の手元にお届け致します 実物写真、付属品を完備しております ご注文を期待しています!

ロレックスs級
    May 24, 2017 at 6:02 am

ロレックスs級

【2017新作】爆安通販! 2017超人気【即日発送】 在庫一掃販売中信用ある! 【2015人気殺到】激安通販! 大人気本物保証! 2017【品質保証書】 Japan送料無料☆正規販売店 大量入サイト! 発送で送料無料です! 限定セール中市場! 高級品本物保証! 人気新作、ピンクの最新アイテムを海外通販! 新品入荷定番! 激安通販Japan即日発送! 2017【品質保証書】

カルティエ 結婚指輪 ミニラブリング
    June 26, 2017 at 2:10 am

カルティエ 結婚指輪 ミニラブリング

ブランドコピーブランド専門ネットショップで、ファッション時計,バッグ,財布とその他の世界一流ブランドブランドコピー激安販売。 弊店のブランド コピーブランド時計は日本全国送料手数料無料です。 ブランドコピー品の華麗さや実用でお客様に驚喜を与えます。