My Life

I was looking at my old journal writings from a November years ago that had listed all of the things I was grateful for, in celebration of the holiday. Anyway, I remember how happy it makes me to just marinate in all of the good things in my life. Even just the little ones.
SO I thought for today maybe you’d all like to join me? And add some of your own? Cause relishing in other people’s happiness is half the fun.

I’m grateful for:

My big beautiful family. If I could I would build a gigantic house and just move them all in. My dad and I have been plotting it for years.
Motherhood, I never in my wildest dreams thought I would love it so much. But, how could you not love that face?

Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream, because it’s like eating joy that happens to be  sprinkled with graham cracker crust.
This video about marriage, cause it’s hilarious and SO true.
All of my girl friends. internet & otherwise. Sometimes women get the reputation of being catty or “drama”.  But the women in my life are nothing of the sort. They are kind, generous, understanding, encouraging and honest. That is certainly something to be grateful for.
Fall, because that crisp air is everything.
Sephora, because it’s my bliss.

And of course I can’t forget this guy:

Since today’s his birthday and everything (he’s 30!), I decided to use his favorite pose.
My very best friend who I love him more than I can put into words.
To me, he is perfect.
I wouldn’t change one thing about him.
Not one.

So excited to read some of yours:)

Renee' @ Sassy Wife, Classy Life
    November 1, 2013 at 4:18 am

So true and I am definitely grateful for things big and small – my husband, my family, amazing friends, queso (well pretty much all things Mexican food) the list goes on. I hope you have a great weekend! 🙂

November 1, 2013 at 4:22 am

I am grateful also for my dearest husband and the fact that my parents are still alive and pretty much healthy. I am grateful for the internet because I met awesome friends through it and other people, like you, who make me feel beautiful and special. I am grateful for that $500 gift card I won that is valid throughout the whole shopping mall. I was able to buy many pieces of clothing and accessories I otherwise never could have bought. It was the first time I actually accessorized outfits!!!! How cool! I am grateful for makeup because it makes my brain temporarily forget I am 43! I am grateful my husband chose to stick with me nine years ago when I became disabled. I am grateful I can still walk and do a little bit of yoga. Thumbs up for my big Doberman who senses when I need her support and stands by me so I can lean on her to walk and for my cat who will refuse to leave my side when I am not well. I have tons more but it already looks like I am rambling 🙂

November 1, 2013 at 5:04 am

Beautiful! Not rambling!

November 1, 2013 at 4:33 am

It’s my boyfriend’s birthday too today! 😀 I’m so grateful for him. I’m grateful for this blog that taught me so much, and about you Cara of course. I’m grateful about my awesome job, my nice apartment, my super projects going on right now. THANKS!

November 1, 2013 at 4:47 am

Im grateful for the beautiful Maple in my front yard that just turned bright RED and is dropping some of those beautiful leaves on the ground like a blanket..reminding me of Change. Grateful for my little girls baby arms that wrap around my neck so tight, when I thought those days were over (my boys are 14 and 21 She is 1). For two of the most FANtastic smart, thoughtful, creative LOVING boys that are my whole world. For a wonderful, kind, Loving, sensitive man that plays with my ear while we watch Tv on the couch. For soft thick COZY sweaters and amazing boots. And the smell of Almond Biscotti candles that make me feel warm inside and hint of the Upcoming Holiday sounded by Family. ( I cried writing this , wth) Glad I stopped my morning to be Grateful. Thank you.

November 1, 2013 at 5:09 am

I love that quote- we used that story as a reading at our wedding. Even though work is really hard right now, I’m grateful for everything my husband, family, friends, and mentors are doing to help me succeed.

November 1, 2013 at 5:26 am

I’m grateful for waking up on Friday morning to puppy kisses and baby hugs. Love for mom is special, and I’m so lucky to feel that.

November 1, 2013 at 5:41 am

I agree – I have been trying to enjoy all the little moments with my twins who are about to turn 13 months old. Everyone warned me that it goes by so fast and that the days are long but the years are short. That is so true. I am grateful for your reminder today and thank you for all you do – I feel that I can be more confident because of all I am learning from you.

November 1, 2013 at 5:42 am

I’m so grateful for my partner and my wonderful teenage children. My job, my dog, my friends new and old. I’m grateful for moisturizer and eye cream, hair dye and scissors, too!

Emerald Earrings
    November 1, 2013 at 5:54 am

Love this. My husband definitely tops my list. I’m speechless with gratitude when I think about how God blesses us even at times when we are so unworthy.

Beth Graves
    November 1, 2013 at 6:29 am

I am thankful for my husband of 32 years, my 2 wonderful children-well actually 4(I consider their spouses my children), my 5 beautiful grandchildren, my father ( my mom passed away Jan 4, 2012) and all my friends-internet friends included!! Love your posts!

November 1, 2013 at 7:19 am

Wonderful post! I also have so much to be grateful for! My amazing sons that are the center of my world, my husband of 18 years who has stuck it out through the good and bad times, my sister that sticks with me whether I am right or wrong…supportive parents and in-laws that love me. Coffee in the morning, football games/practices to go to at night. I am so blessed! I am also grateful for your blog Cara, because it makes me smile and has helped me find beauty in places I didn’t think I could! Thank you for getting me thinking this morning, because all too often, we forget to be thankful for the little things! 🙂

November 1, 2013 at 7:23 am

I am first and foremost thankful for my precious Lord and Savior who loves me with His perfect love as I am but to make me better too. I am so thankful for my husband which proves that God gives second chances at love and marriage (both of us) and can redeem anything. And thirdly for my family, in-laws included. We actually have three houses on one piece of property out in the country where my step daughter can enjoy her cousins like siblings! I’m so blessed it is heart wrenching at times. And I know I couldn’t possibly appreciate it as much as I do if I hadn’t experienced the tragedy of the hard times. Well fourthly, my girlfriends! I feel so privileged to be walking alongside some beautiful bosom friend women this side of heaven. We have shared all the joys and sorrows of life intact. Cara thank you for having us think about and share such lovely things!

November 1, 2013 at 7:25 am

I am grateful for so much, but for today, I am going to leave it at: I am grateful for the person who was figuring out the schedule for the school year and decided today there would be no school. Brilliance.

November 1, 2013 at 7:29 am

I’m thankful for motherhood… I’m right there with you. I never thought I would love it so much, but I have really found myself in being “mama” more than anything else in life.

Also… I’m thankful you taught me the error my eyebrow ways, golden afternoon sunlight shining on fall trees, kettle corn, my great job, true friends, pumpkin candles, burlap, and time spent snuggling in cozy blankets with a good book. There are, of course, hundreds of other things, but that’s the shortlist. 🙂

Happy thankful November!

November 1, 2013 at 7:48 am

I am grateful for being the mom of an awesome 22 months boy, so easy going, and so darn cute. I am gratfeul for my husband, my family, my loving cats.
    I am blessed to be in decent health, as well as all my family.
    I try to find something beautiful everyday, like the sky color, the leaves, a flower, my son’s smile, whatever. When you do that, you get more than a few seconds of true happiness. Try it!

November 1, 2013 at 8:01 am

At the top of my list are my husband and beautiful 2 year old boy, who is the best surprise of my life. I am equally as grateful for the teeny, tiny baby I just learned is growing inside me 🙂 My entire family is my everything and, like you, I wish we could live in one giant house! I am thankful that in spite of getting a Bachelors degree & owing a large amount in student loans, my husband is so supportive of me being at home with my son & enjoying these most precious years. I am also thankful for your blog. I so look forward to finding a new post and diving in. It’s my favorite type of “me time”! Thank you for all you do & for encouraging us all to be appreciative for what we have.

November 1, 2013 at 8:22 am

I’m thankful for discovering your blog, its so refreshing, positive and inspiring! preach on sista 😉 xoxox love and light

Tails of a Wife
    November 1, 2013 at 8:29 am

The hubby and my sweet snugly puppy top my list.

November 1, 2013 at 8:33 am

I’m so grateful for my apartment! We’ve been really poor for a long time and thought we’d have to move in to my in-laws house and the fact that we still have it is such a miracle.

liz @ btb
    November 1, 2013 at 8:39 am

Healthy family, good friends, a safe Halloween, a cozy home, my little man’s (21 months old) bravery last night as he trick-or-treated for the first time, a hard working hubby, a loyal dog (even though he pooped all over the house last night while we were out last night convincing our child to ask for candy from strangers), loving/supportive parents, and squishy baby cheeks.

liz @ btb
      November 1, 2013 at 8:54 am

Oh! And I forgot to mention that I’m grateful that you taught me that it’s ok to have thick brows. Since then, I’ve saved hours of my life previously spent on tweezing ‘;)

Larissa Dalton
    November 1, 2013 at 8:40 am

I am thankful that I have truly discovered writing as my passion and other people actually want to read it. I am also so thankful for my being able to move. It was scary but it’s the best choice I’ve ever made. I am thankful for my adorable niece and nephews, for my amazing nanny job, and for Demi permanent hair dye (which I have just recently discovered at Sally’s). I am thankful that my car hasn’t died on me yet. And I am thankful for fashion and style and beauty and the opportunity to enjoy those things everyday!

November 1, 2013 at 8:41 am

I am thankful for 3 healthy sons who remain close and communicative with me even in their 20’s and 30’s. I am thankful for my husband who loves me unconditionally and is my biggest fan.

November 1, 2013 at 9:06 am

I am grateful for this amazing blog that has inspired me to become even more passionate about beauty. I am grateful for my faith and my church. I am so grateful for my parents who have taken care of me even when I did not deserve it. I am grateful for a loving boyfriend who is the most amazing person that I have ever met and I strive to be more like him each day. I am grateful for my education, my career path and iced chai teas. I am grateful for my new car and a job. Thank you for this post 🙂 So nice to stop and think of all that we have. This morning I was thinking about a tattoo that I really want to get. “Blessed”

November 1, 2013 at 9:13 am

Today I am thankful for the early birthday present my mom gave me, my new blankie and my hubby let me sleep in.

Jodie Tighe
    November 1, 2013 at 9:17 am

I am thankful beyond words for my wonderful husband who loves me far more than I deserve. No one has ever been so good to me, supportive of me, “present” with me, such a great listener, so tender, so funny, and I could go on and on. We often wish everyone in the world were as happy as we were; the world would be a different place. I’m grateful for my health, which is better than it’s ever been. I’m grateful for my family, friends and four silly cats who make me laugh every day. I’m also grateful to be back in school learning instructional design! I love it. *And* I’m grateful for your blog, Cara, it is such a breath of fresh air every day. Thank you.

November 1, 2013 at 9:29 am

I am thankful for…my husband (I love his guts) my boys (my joy), my mom and dad, my brothers and sisters (who just so happen to be my best friends), teachers, my home, my car, sodas, smiles, warm showers, pumpkin, yummy smells, popcorn, second chances, forgiveness, My Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

November 1, 2013 at 9:32 am

I have SO much to be grateful for. My amazing perfect husband who does so much for me and makes it possible for me to stay home with our kids. My beautiful wonderful children and one on the way. I have a wonderful life and a loving Heavenly Father to thank for all of it. He made it possible for me to get out of the horrible life I was living with my first husband and meet the amazing man I am with now. I couldn’t be happier than I am today.

November 1, 2013 at 9:35 am

Thank you for the reminder!!

November 1, 2013 at 10:02 am

happy birthday to your very special guy!

I am grateful for the people in my life that no matter where we are, what is going on in our lives and how long its been since we’ve connected, I can always count on. I am grateful for my good health and the good health of those that I love. And at this very moment, I am grateful for my relatively fast metabolism while I down all these Halloween treat leftovers!!

November 1, 2013 at 11:31 am

Love your blog. It is so much fun for me. What am I thankful for? I am 28 and have been sick with a chronic disease for the past 10 years. Recently I had to quit school and my job, and I am THANKFUL for this dang disease. Through it I have discovered that life is more than success. Life is people. If I had never gotten sick I would never stop to listen to a folk’s heart and love them deeper. If I didn’t have to quit my life I would never have learned to sit in the stillness and know peace. I am thankful for a beautiful life that appears to the outside to not be so beautiful, because that is how I have learned to find authenticity. 🙂 Thanks for the call for remembering.

November 1, 2013 at 1:45 pm

I know this may sound silly but I’m thankful for my cat, Oreo. He was a stray I rescued and now he is my “cuddling and reading companion”. Just like you I am very thankful for Fall. The beautiful change of leaves, windy days and gorgeous sunsets. By the way I absolutely LOVE your blog 🙂

November 1, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I am so grateful that I have been welcomed so completely in this new city where I know no one, for the friendliness, patience, and helpfulness of everyone I meet, for the new opportunities that have opened up, for my puppy dog and his patience and trust through this whole move, and to my family for supporting my wacky decisions! Thanks for the reminder Cara!

November 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I am grateful that I get the flexibility to pursue what I love doing, and that is blogging and expressing my voice as a woman. I’m grateful that I have a husband that supports me no matter what I want to pursue, and is always my biggest cheerleader. I am grateful I have such a loving and supportive family who is always there to help me when I need a hand. I am grateful to always be employed in the economy that we have today. I’m grateful that we have a roof over our heads that we will be able to call our own someday. It’s always nice to reflect on the things and people we are grateful for, so thank you for this post today 🙂

November 1, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I am grateful (from the tips of my toes to the top of my head) that my 5 year old is recovering from autism (with specialized medical testing, diets, vitamins, and speech and occupational therapy).

November 1, 2013 at 3:05 pm

i am gratefull that i have my little boy
    i am grateful that i am healthy and that the people i love are healthy
    i am grateful that i have basic things such as food and warmth and running water
    i am grateful that life has given me just money problems
    i am grateful for the freedom i have
    i am grateful for our dog Tina we found on the streets,she is the best dog ever!
    i am grateful that i still belive in kindness ,love ,PEACE i havent given up even though i nearlly did
    i am grateful i can manage to save up and get my boy his xmass present he wants from santa!
    i am grateful i have my car

Sammie Shem
    November 1, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I am a physician assistant student and will be graduating in just over six months. Every day I think about how grateful I am that I’ve been afforded the opportunity to pursue this calling, where I will never be bored and where I will touch people’s lives in a way I’ve always wanted to. Soon I start a rotation in an intensive care unit, where I will see both healing and tragedy unfold constantly, and where I’m sure my confidence will be shaken every day, and I know that my life will be enriched by it. How lucky am I, that I’ve made it this far?

I love reading your blog, so much. I’m also grateful that I happened upon a random place to leave some thoughts today!

November 1, 2013 at 6:44 pm

I actually think I need to do this so thank you thank you thank you for the reminder!!!!

I am grateful for:
    -my family. it’s a big family of 9 total and as much as they can really get under my skin, i love them and would do absolutely anything for them.
    -my boyfriend. he’s really an amazing guy and he takes the time to really make me feel special and loved. he is my happy place.
    -God! (who i suppose i shouldn’t have thought of 3rd).. but i am truly grateful for my faith and the unconditional love i don’t deserve but receive in all my blessings from Him.
    -my time. i have been stuck in the waiting room for a job since this past may when i graduated. i’m thankful that i passed the boards (yay i’m a nurse!!!!) but i need a job… and not having independence and money is a HUGE stressor for me! I realized, however, that i have time right now for some reason and i need to make the most out of it because hopefully sooner than later I’ll have a full time job and begging for some off time.

thanks Cara for posting this!

November 1, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Love your post. What a heartwarming way to start this month of Thanksgiving!

Fanny Darling
    November 2, 2013 at 4:04 am

Such a beautiful post Cara! I’m grateful for living in a rich and democratic country, for having a loving family and wonderful friends, free education, and like everyone I have my ups and downs but yet I know that that’s okay and I’m grateful for being so close to my parents that I can talk with them about almost anything. I’m also grateful for the little things in life (such as long walks, chocolate, good movies, tv-series, smiles etc). xoxo

Amber Taylor
    November 2, 2013 at 8:57 am

I just had a family friend pass away yesterday, so this post is so fitting to me right now. I am grateful for the friends near and far and how they always rally in whatever methods they can.

November 2, 2013 at 9:54 am

“…And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold more.” D&C 78:19

November 3, 2013 at 5:46 am

I just found your blog via Pinterest. I absolutely love it! I can’t wait for your makeup line to launch as I have a hard time with foundations and yours looks fab. Looking forward to ordering it.

In terms of what I am grateful for, so much. But most of all, my family – especially their health, happiness, and love. In fact, not a day goes by that I am not grateful for all the wonderful people I have in my life (I would be lost without my loved ones.).

Misty Flanary
    November 3, 2013 at 7:36 am

You have a gorgeous family! I just had to tell you that I recently found out about you from reading Allure. You do the most amazing Makeovers I have ever seen. I am an Esthetician and makeup artist. You have inspired me to work on HAC. I’m blown away by the difference it makes! You are brilliant! Just thought you should know lol:-)

November 3, 2013 at 11:08 am

What a great idea… I am grateful for this day and being alive and every family member, friend and person who has helped, influenced and taught me especially my husband and two children. xo

Amber L.
    November 3, 2013 at 11:37 am

I have a “Happy Book,” a journal with a blue sparkle cover that my best friend made me in college. It makes it easier to remember ‘the little things’ that make a life happy (e.g. #98 when someone asks me for a tissue or gum and I actually have it to give them, #169 an email from my mom that says only, “I love talking with you.”), especially when I need cheering up. Thanks for reminding me to dust it off and starting writing in it again!
    I just subscribed to your blog, which I guess makes more sense than checking your site every day for I can’t even remember how long – but I am slow to catch on to things! It’s so refreshing to see a great person, a regular girl we can all relate to, succeed without family money or connections. It gives me hope for the world. I shall add it to the Happy Book…

November 4, 2013 at 2:36 am

I am grateful for my beautiful family (all of them!) and I’m grateful that I’m on a journey of exploration, and that I’m learning new things every day. I’m grateful for my wonderful friends and the lovely people I met at the wedding I attended at the weekend!

November 4, 2013 at 5:44 am

This is a beautiful post!!

xo Mel

November 8, 2013 at 8:36 pm

So thankful for my loving husband, and for the way that love makes me feel beautiful in ways I never have before. Thankful also for second chances and the beauty of Autumn.

quest bars
    August 17, 2015 at 7:43 am

I quite like reading an article that will make people think.

Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment!