Before & Afters Makeup

Makeover Monday & The Pinners Conference

I met Jennifer when I first moved to St. George in 4th grade.
Our young friendship had it’s fair share of bumps (she was 2 years younger, which meant me and Shelly would ditch her a lot, so she’d threaten to beat us up. You know, typical 4th grade drama)
Now, when I look back on all of the years I’ve had her in me life I can’t help get a little teary.
She’s a truly loving person, who has always been there for me. Who has always brought a smile into the room and who is never short on hugs.
I love this beautiful girl.
In her before she was wearing her makeup that was left over by the end of the day.
So we washed that off, started from scratch. Here’s what I did:

Foundation, HAC & blush: Maskcara 3D Foundation (I’m working on a post to fill you in on all the details of the line and to get your advice on a few things for this week, I have been dying to for a long time so I’m pretty excited!)
For her brows I deepened her arch a bit (which looks super sexy) then I filled them with an angled brush and some Brun shadow.
I love getting some dark liner around those glowing amber eyes so I set the stage with some taupe colored shadow around her eyes and in her crease (which is KEY for getting a rich, warm smokey eye. Next, I used my Loreal Gel Liner around her outer rims then smudged it and blended outward with black shadow. I finished it off by dusting a pewter shimmer {all shadows were from the Lorac Pro Palette}  on top to give it a cool shine (which makes her eyes stand out even more!)
For her lips I used NYX Taupe liner to line and contour, then I filled them with Pink Lady gloss (it plumps too!) Which is one of my VERY favorite glosses. It’s such a bright pink but it’s still pretty pale so it gives your lips a youthful glow. It’s a one-of-a-kind color. To finsish I dusted on some bronzer to set the look. I hope you like it!

For all of you ladies that live in northern Utah, I’m coming up to see you!
Have you heard of the Pinners Conference?
It’s basically just one big, live pinterest extravaganza!
It’s going to be held in SLC on October 25th & 26. I’ll be teaching two classes a day (along with a bunch of really amazing bloggers like the dating divas, the sisters from sixsisterstuff, my cousin Sam from scarlettcalledscout, Jill from Onegoodthing and SO many more) and I am going to have a booth in which, I’ll be  doing makeovers! (I’m still trying to figure out all the logistics for that, but I’ll keep you updated on how to sign up, if you’re wanting one)
Click here to register for my class and don’t forget to use the coupon code: cara13 to get %25 percent off your conference ticket, I hope you all can make it because I’m really excited to get a chance to hang out!

Have a spectacular Monday!

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    October 14, 2013 at 4:14 am

Love this look, going to send it to my sis right now!

October 14, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Thanks beautiful!

Tiffany R
    October 14, 2013 at 5:23 am

Love it! Cute earrings, too.

October 14, 2013 at 5:32 am

Another fabulous makeover!! I know you have so much going on but…. It would be fun to watch you do your makeovers on YouTube!! We would learn so much from you. I can’t wait to see your line!! How exciting for you!! How exciting for us!!!! Thank you Cara!! Wish I could go to the pinners conference! That would be a blast!

Angie H
      October 14, 2013 at 6:03 am

Yes, I agree. Videos showing your work would be wonderful!

October 14, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I love this idea! I just have to work out the video logistics so I’m able to get a good shot, which is much more complicated with me doing the makeup on someone else! I’m gonna figure it out this week!

October 16, 2013 at 1:54 pm

You are awesome!!!

Vanessa Bennington
    October 14, 2013 at 6:05 am

She looks great! A little Lindsay Lohan, no? Pre-drug Lindsay of course!

October 14, 2013 at 8:40 pm

haha yep! she used to get lilo all the time…before the drugs:(

Robyn Price
      October 20, 2013 at 10:53 am

I so agree with you, Vanessa! But IMHO, Jennifer is prettier than LL. Beautiful look on her. The makeup really made her eyes pop 🙂

October 14, 2013 at 6:06 am

This is my favorite makeover Monday you’ve done! Beautiful work! I echo earlier pleas for a video tutorial. Please?! xo

October 14, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Really!? Thank you so much! I’m on it with the video!

Angie H
    October 14, 2013 at 6:07 am

She’s so pretty! I guess I’m going to have to get the Lorac Pro Palette. I’ve been wanting to for so long. The looks you create are always so beautiful!

October 14, 2013 at 9:06 pm

THank you! The lorac palette really is a gem!

October 14, 2013 at 6:12 am

Oh my gosh this post just made day! I would absolutely love to get a makeover from you so keep us posted on the deets. Next week is my birthday so this gives me the perfect excuse for a day off! Yay!

October 14, 2013 at 6:13 am

Also, support stoked to hear more I’m your makeup line! Can’t wait for that post!

October 14, 2013 at 8:50 pm

YAY! THank you so much, I can’t wait either!

Taylor Anderson
    October 14, 2013 at 6:58 am

You are a brow goddess!! So gorgeous.

October 14, 2013 at 7:51 am

OMG i love this! She totally looks like a super hot version of Lindsay Lohan. but way prettier. and obviously pre-crazy Lindsay. Great job, Cara! You’re outstanding and i am OHHH SOO READY for your makeup line to come out!

October 14, 2013 at 8:02 am

Beautiful! I have similarly colored eyes and I am going to try this.

October 14, 2013 at 8:51 am

Pinners Conference is going to be a blast! Can’t wait! 🙂

October 14, 2013 at 8:58 am

Gorgeous!! She’s a knockout!!

Jeanette V.
    October 14, 2013 at 9:06 am

LOVE IT! SOOOOOOO excited for the pinners conference!! I’m signed up for both your classes and would LOVE a makeover, so definately will be watching for updates on that!! Can’t wait to learn more from you at SLC!!! 🙂

Lacy C.
    October 14, 2013 at 9:19 am

My sister and I are coming to the Pinners Conference, your classes are the main reason we’re going. We were just barely talking about how awesome it’d be if you did makeovers there! You’re amazing!

Jennifer Wright
    October 14, 2013 at 9:27 am

Another gorgeous makeover!

Christen Mallett
    October 14, 2013 at 9:32 am

ahhhhh! never have i ever wished more that i could afford a dang plane ticket. who do i beg to get something like that in Nashville?! lol. she looks beautiful! love the makeovers

October 14, 2013 at 9:34 am

Your makeovers are always so amazing! The makeup is so minimal, yet the difference is so stunning. Beauties to begin with, but you are truely talented.

jamie golding
    October 14, 2013 at 9:37 am

My friend and I are going to the conference just because of you! We love your work and would LOVE a makeover by you. Thanks so much for sharing all your great ideas!!

Anne Hatch
      October 14, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Uhh yeah, Jamie and I pretty much worship you. She told me that if it came down to a makeover for me or her that she’d fight me for it. I told her I would let her do it as long as I could watch haha. Biggest fans!!

October 14, 2013 at 9:41 am

I scooped up Elle Mag and there you were in all your HAC glory! I looked up your blog and proceeded to have so much fun making over myself and my 15 year old daughter as well. As you may know, that as adorable as she is…teen girls can be a bit snarky at times, But we had the best weekend trying a bunch of your make over tricks while laughing and talking the whole time! Grandma is on her way over to join in on the fun now…Thx Cara for a great weekend and quality time with my favorite girls!

Your newest fans,
    the Cook girls

October 14, 2013 at 9:56 am

She looks amazing – I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a video of this, or at least of the eye’s. The smudging part would be great to be able to see, especially of you applying it to someone else. She looks fantastic and those eyes pop!

Maddy Cane
    October 14, 2013 at 10:09 am

Her eyes are an incredible colour, this makeover is so beautiful! x

Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

October 14, 2013 at 10:56 am

What are the topics of your presentations going to be? Will they be the same both days? I would love to get tickets to surprise my mom and sisters because they love you as much as I do, but they can only come one day.

October 14, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Yes! I am doing the same two classes both days: Most common beauty mistakes & The best kept secret in makeup (spoilers alert it might have some HACing in there:) I’d love to meet you and your fam!

October 14, 2013 at 11:19 am

I’m moving to SLC in early November so will just miss this- hopefully there will be more events like this soon!

October 14, 2013 at 11:49 am

So excited for the conference! Cindy, Kristy, Talia are all signed up. Can’t wait!

Brittany Snow
    October 14, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I am so excited to meet you at the pinners conference! You are one of my favorite bloggers! And I would absolutely LOVE to get a makeover from you! Can’t wait!

October 14, 2013 at 1:44 pm

She looks gorgeous, her eyes pop so much in the makeover picture. I really appreciate your eye makeup video tutorial you posted awhile ago. Would you consider doing one on lining the inner part of the eye? You always make it looks so good, but I can never get the color to stick on that part of my eye. Thank you!

Tiffany Young
    October 14, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Love her eyes and can’t wait to hear about (and get) your new makeup line!

October 14, 2013 at 3:14 pm

She looks like princess Kate….beautiful!! Loved it!!

Sara Rose
    October 14, 2013 at 4:04 pm

October 14, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Beautiful makeover like always, but she was super-pretty to begin with! I so wish I lived in Utah to go to the conference! Don’t have too much fun without me! Maybe one of these days I can make it up there and beg you for a makeover 😉

October 14, 2013 at 7:28 pm

such beautiful eyes!!!!

October 15, 2013 at 1:52 am

You could rub dirt and grime all over her face and she’d still be beautiful. What a gorgeous woman! By far one of your easiest makeovers ever 🙂

Tiff Snow
    October 15, 2013 at 10:02 am

Tiny your beautiful, you look stunning! (Even before the makeup) Cara your amazing! Thanks for sharing your awesomeness:) LOVE U & YOUR WEBSITE!!!!!

Amber Greenwood
    October 15, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I am dying to get a makeover from you. Please keep us posted on how to schedule that with you!!!!

Steve Yah Muck
    October 15, 2013 at 2:28 pm

The most beautiful human alive. Must. Bang.

Nicole Pendleton
    October 15, 2013 at 2:39 pm

So I just emailed you last night about getting a makeover in SLC and didn’t even see this post! Please, oh please! I would looove one! Gonna see about coming to the conference! Love the makeover. She looks amazing.

Makena Kirkham
    October 15, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Hi Cara! I am so excited for this expo I’ve already bought my ticket! My mom will be turning 50 on the 25th and I would love to surprise her with a makeover from you for her birthday to give her a new outlook on the second half of her life. Thanks!

Erika DuPont
    October 15, 2013 at 7:30 pm

I hope they do a Pinners Conference in Washington, DC sometime! If so, promise to be there? I would take off of work/school/life to see you in action!

Trisni Wilcock Justesen
    October 15, 2013 at 10:01 pm

wow beautiful she looks a lot like Lindsey Lohan*sp, but wayyyy prettier on the inside and out!

Cathi Graham, online beauty store owner
    October 16, 2013 at 12:01 am

I love how glamorous the makeover makes her look while maintaining the subtle, natural tones of her skin and lips. The gloss goes beautiful with her skin tone and gives her lips that extra fullness for an outstanding yet classy finished look.

Fanny Darling
    October 16, 2013 at 1:16 am

Maybe you’ve written back to this allready, but when will your Halloween-tutorial be up? I’m so excited, can’t wait to see it. Lots of love!

October 16, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Love your site! Can you recommend a MAC eyeshadow that you use for dark blonde brows?

October 16, 2013 at 8:04 pm

I can’t wait to try the Lorac pallet! She looks great- like Kate Middleton!

October 16, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Wow, she looks just like Lindsey Lohan.

Jose Cupcake
    October 17, 2013 at 9:33 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! I MUST get my crazy hands on your Maskara 3D foundation…..when can I own and cherish this myself?!!?!?!!?!

October 17, 2013 at 4:03 pm

So excited for the pinner’s conference, I will be there for sure! I will be at your class and would love a makeover 🙂 Send details on makeovers when you can!

October 20, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Holy moly! I am going to try so hard for this!!! i need a makever, but more importantly, product knowledge, its sooo over whelming!

October 21, 2013 at 6:55 am

Hi Cara,
    How can I ensure to be on your list for a makeover during the Pinners Conference this Saturday October 25th? I am registered for your 9:30am class.

October 21, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I have the same question, I would be so grateful if I could be on your list

October 22, 2013 at 10:09 am

I am going to the conference with Anne Adams and we are coming to your class!
    I really want you to do my makeup.(makeover) please give me more info. About it
    If that would be possible to do!

October 25, 2013 at 11:58 am

Stunning!! Video tutorial please! What shade of the Maskcara IIID did you use? Light? Medium?

December 9, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Hey Cara,

Now that your Maskcara 3D Foundation Line is out, can you share which shades you used!? Was is Medium Foundation with the Princess Pink blush?

Ani Mendez
    December 17, 2013 at 8:21 am

Hello Cara. You didn’t put which foundation nor concealer for her eyes. I am like her, freckled. I don’t know how to get the best of my frecked skin.

I hope for your response.

December 21, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Hi Cara. Can you tell me if you used HAC Pack foundation in light or medium on this beautiful gal?

December 30, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I just found your site. Your work is great. But how about something for us old gals. I am 68 but still wear a full make up but some times we need help knowing what is better for the older face that just wants to look pretty.

May 30, 2016 at 4:51 am

I’m just now coming across this post! I seriously thought this was Lindsay Lohan, but with brown eyes. Wow! She could make a career out of that! 🙂 Beautiful look, Cara! 🙂