Show & Tell

SO Mandi invited me to go to this really cool photography/blog workshop called click in the outer banks area of Virginia a while back and I totally jumped at the chance.
I could ALWAYS stand to learn more about photography and hanging out with a fun group of girls at a beach house while I’m at it is not the worst idea in the world.
But after a (probably irresponsible but totally important ) trip to California to watch the Braves play their last game of the season… 🙁  I barely had a chance to pack and have TOTALLY been neglecting things over here (so sorry I haven’t been getting back on the comments! Hopefully, I’ll be able to catch up this weekend!) It’s worth it though cause I’m learning good shiz about photography that is going to rock your world:)
In the meantime I thought I’d keep you updated with the fun stuff from this week.

Tuesday’s Date night outfit:
Trench: Nordstrom | Shoes: Steve Madden | Dress: H&M
This thin/sheer trench coat is SO flattering. I love wearing it with a dress (obviously) or with leggings and a tank top. Plus the sparkly shoes from my Allure party have a black suede sister that I could NOT say no to. I bought them both with the intention of taking back one pair but…I didn’t have it in me.
Does this hair remind you of an exotic Disney Princess Gypsy by any chance? (I might have been practicing:)

At The Outer Banks, testing out our new skills.

(Can you see my blisters that STILL haven’t fully healed? I have fashion week and total vanity driven foot negligence to thank for that. I’m ashamed.)

I saw this sweater on a girl who was running past me on the street a few weeks ago and I instantly fell in love with it, but she was running so fast I couldn’t inquire as to where she found it. I looked for a while online later that night with no luck. I figured it was probably too expensive anyway. Except the VERY next day I stopped in to Forever21 and guess what was staring me in the face? Yep. I think we were meant to find each other.
Blankets disguised as sweaters are a very beautiful thing.

our view from the balcony, I can’t believe how beautiful it is here!

Have a fantastic weekend!

PS I am SO sorry about my subscription problems I have been having. I know most of you aren’t receiving your emails and I have been working my darnedest to fix this ASAP. I am truly grateful to you for taking the time to subscribe and for wanting to get email notifications in the first place, the least I can do is actually send them! It should be up and working by Monday.

October 11, 2013 at 6:09 am

🙂 That’s what I did too, and now I’m receiving emails again!!

October 11, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Oh good! Glad it worked for you! I have had a couple emails saying that resubbing didn’t work!

October 11, 2013 at 5:17 am

I live in Virginia near Richmond and agree how beautiful it is there!!!

October 11, 2013 at 12:44 pm

You are so lucky!!!

October 11, 2013 at 5:54 am

Would love to know some tips on how you did your hair!

October 11, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Tutorial in the works!:)

October 11, 2013 at 6:30 am

I have only one question…were you born with those calf muscles? 🙂

October 11, 2013 at 12:52 pm

haha I love you! My mom gave them to me:)

Meg K.
    October 11, 2013 at 7:34 am

Wow! Beautiful! Glad you had a blast there. I love the Outer Banks 🙂

October 11, 2013 at 7:45 am

I seldom see the winners posted of the giveaways you do. Where to post the winners? I missed who won the hair extensions…

October 11, 2013 at 12:55 pm

You know what, I used to post them but since I’ve been using raffle copter I have just emailed the winner, would you prefer I posted them? (it still shows up on the rafflecopter widget but Id be happy to post as well if you think that’s better:) The winner of the hair was Danielle Bevan and the riviiva was Jamie O.

October 14, 2013 at 7:48 am

I would love to see the winners posted again! It just somehow makes it more fun even is you don’t win! xoxo

October 11, 2013 at 8:43 am

Hi Cara! I am planning a roadtrip for the end of october and we will be hitting the outer banks — can you name the place you stayed at? I’d love to have that view!!

October 11, 2013 at 9:15 am

what lip color are you wearing in that bottom picture?

October 11, 2013 at 9:17 am

I just love everything you do. Did you announce the winner of the laced hair contest yet?! I’m dying for those extensions. xo

October 11, 2013 at 9:45 am

I wasn’t getting the emails either 🙁 and I couldnt have that! So I tried subscribing again and since have been getting all your new posts 🙂 Have you tried the friction block stick from Band-Aid to prevent blisters? I hear it works wonders! Its like a mini deoderant and you just rub it on and go!

Sarah Traywick
    October 11, 2013 at 10:14 am

Aww I live in Virginia Beach about an hour and a half from the Outer Banks. Enjoy the weekend I wish I had known you would be in the area, I could have begged you to do my makeup!
    Try to visit

Islands by Amity Boutique in Duck, NC.
    1240 Duck Road, Duck, North Carolina, 27949

and also

Hallelu Boutique
    84 Waynick Blvd.
    Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480-2232
    STORE p: 910.509.0570
    WEBSITE p: 910.679.4390
    email us : [email protected]

both are fun affordable boutiques and not matter where you are staying they probably are fairly close to you

Lastly, I noticed I was not getting your posts or Mandi’s since your website overhauls. I had to re-subscribe and now I get them again!

judy denton
    October 11, 2013 at 10:42 am

Ok, wondered why I wasn’t hearing from you……..I ‘ll wait awhile, if it’s not resolved will resubscribe. Keep up the great work. This “ole” grandma has learned a lot from you!

October 11, 2013 at 11:32 am

Hola Cara, I love you hair in the first picture. Well good for you expanding your talents. This is always a great thing for a woman to do which I will forever support. I always wanted to learn how to take photography also. I just don’t have a camera. Then I was involved in two car accidents in 2005 which put me out of everything until recently. I am finally able to do little things. I glad to hear from you that you haven’t been writing and that your system is having problems. I thought you took me off your mailing list so I re-subscribed. “Hum, how dare she!,” I thought, “What did I say that was so offensive.” Good to learn it’s you not me. Take care, till next time. Stay Beautiful & Talented. Keep working those muscles.

Ashlee Sanders
    October 11, 2013 at 12:00 pm

k, am i weird if I need to know where these cute black leggings are from? cause i need them. so comfy/cute. I’m a new follower this week and so excited to try out your tips! amazing.

Kim Cooepr
    October 11, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Oh that’s fun, I live in Virginia too!!! I second what Sarah said about begging you to do my makeup!!! 🙂 Have a great trip!

October 11, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Uhh…Your outfits never cease to amaze me! You are gorgeous! And I’m dying for your hair in that pic…WOW! 🙂

October 11, 2013 at 2:38 pm

I just found your blog today, and I think this is the first blog I’m actually fangirling over! I’m 22 years old and everything about this blog speaks volumes to me! I am seriously a life-time follower from here-on-in! Thanks for the beautiful posts (slash totally love your fashion!)

Tennille Jackson
    October 11, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Ahhhh you’re so close, I live in Va. Beach and I grew up in OBX every weekend from the time I was born until 15!! So jealous you’re down there!! You gotta check out the outlets in south nags head and go to Mulligans, milepost 13, and get an orange crush they are to die for!!!!!

Sarah @ Just So Lovely
    October 11, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I hope you share your new tips! I would looove to take a photography course and I think you might have just inspired me!

October 11, 2013 at 10:15 pm

I was wondering what happened! I was receiving daily emails and then it went to 2 a week!! I can’t wait to start receiving them daily again!

October 12, 2013 at 6:57 am

You and Mandi are so beautiful!

June g.
    October 12, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I love your site! I can’t believe you didn’t stop on your way to OBX! I’m like a 1/2 hour from the bridge, in Currituck;)

October 13, 2013 at 11:42 am

Agree! Would love photography tips and tricks! And love the F21 blanket-sweater- great find!

October 13, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I went to my first blog conference last fall and I’m hoping to get to go again soon. I LOVE your blog!! I just read all about you in Allure magazine. Congratulations!!!! I look forward to going back through the blog and getting MANY of your tips.

October 13, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I love your blog!
    I was just wondering what program you use to put your collages together and how you put text on your photos.

Lois Muir McClain
    October 13, 2013 at 9:36 pm

These photos are great! Love the Outer Banks. I didn’t know you were a Braves fan, I knew you were awesome!

October 14, 2013 at 9:07 am

Loving that nail polish!

Brittany Debity Barker
    October 14, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I just resubscribed so I hope this fixes things. This was starting to feel like a bad breakup… or a stalker shun. I couldn’t tell ;).

Alyssa Adelle Judson
    October 15, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I love the trench and the sweater! Its a whole part of that effortless beauty look! Comfy and gorgeous!!
    -I’ve been reading your blog for awhile now, and just recently decided to start my own! I like how you’re just totally honest and personal with your readers, and your great personality is evident in your writing!:)

October 16, 2013 at 6:01 am

Would love to know full outfit details! Leggings? Clutch? Thanks 🙂

October 20, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I love the outfits! Bought the sweater, and I soO want those tie dye skinny jeans!

October 21, 2013 at 11:20 am

LOVE your sweater…question about the fit, does it run small?? I noticed it is sized sm/med and med/large trying to decide…

October 24, 2013 at 6:58 am

Love the trench coat! I’m curious if you got it in a true to size fit or a size bigger? Thank you!

Meredith Camp Rhodes
    October 31, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Outer Banks in NC? We just got married there a week and a half ago…might have even been there at the same time! Hope you enjoyed the east coast!

November 4, 2013 at 11:42 am

where are your rings from?

December 6, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I know the trench is from Nordstrom, but can you tell me what brand it is? Thanks! =)

March 26, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Is the date night in Cedar City? Best place on Earth! I am a new follower and thought I recognized your background.