Before & Afters Makeup

Brooke – Makeover Monday

When Mandi came down to photograph my incredible makeup room she was kind enough to bring Brooke with her, I was thrilled to finally  meet the genius behind the Allthingsthrifty blog and  just as thrilled to get a chance to play up her STUNNING eyes and glowing smile (among other things):

Isn’t she LOVELY?!

What Idid:

For her foundation I used Maskcara 3D Foundation (which includes: highlighting, contour & blush)
I used the contouring foundation around the adges of her face, down the sides of her nose and beneath her cheekbones. The blush color in the apples of her cheeks and the highlighting foundation beneath her eyes, down the bridge of her nose, on her brow bone and on her chin.
For her eyebrows I used Brun. OK, I have to tell you this eye shadow is a chameleon! It doesn’t matter who I use it on, this magic powder adjusts color to match their brows perfectly! It’s so weird.
She actually has plenty of brow hair they are just very fair so I just filled them in and MAN did it make a difference.
For shadow I covered her lid and brushed a shadow on her under eyes with Taupe from the Lorac Palette. Then I deepened the crease by brushing on Sable in a windshield wiper movement with an egg shaped brush. I brightened up her inner corner with gold (all from the Lorac Palette) and then lined her tear line with loreal gel liner in blackest black. Finally I applied Benefit They’re Real mascara to her lashes.
For her lips I used Covergirl Perfect Mink to line and contour (blending in A LOT) then I glossed her up with Revlon Lip Gloss in Peach Petal

Happy Monday!

September 30, 2013 at 4:56 am

She IS lovely! Even her smile looks whiter in the after picture.

September 30, 2013 at 3:50 pm

haha Thank you! I wish I could take credit for her teeth but we just did the makeup in the morning so it was brighter by the time we were done! 🙂

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    September 30, 2013 at 4:57 am

September 30, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Thanks girl!

September 30, 2013 at 5:18 am

She’s beautiful before the makeover-and a knockout after! Lovely, lovely makeover.

Please give us some detailed instructions on how to use the ‘mink’ eyeliner as a lip liner. I love the pink/nude lips you do-but I can’t get the mink to look good…even with lots of blending. If you’ve ever done a tutorial, I must have missed it.

Also-for the oily skin chicks like me…Tarte Dollface powder blush is a good, matte dupe for the dewy Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink. I always loved the color-but the formula just doesn’t work for my skin. Tarte blush is wonderful for oily skin girls.

September 30, 2013 at 8:08 am

Go to the beauty index and look up her HAC or highlighting and contouring videos. I watched one yesterday where she goes into detail about it.

Wendy Walsh
    September 30, 2013 at 5:43 am

She looks amazing both before and after! A little jealous of her freckles..
    Thanks for posting, you explain everything so well!

September 30, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I know, I’m a little jealous of those freckles too!

September 30, 2013 at 5:56 am

Beautiful girl and beautiful job as always, Cara!
    I’m loving her earrings! Do you by any chance know where they’re from? Thanks so much!

Brooke @ All Things Thrifty
      September 30, 2013 at 6:37 am

Cathey! Thank you so much. Since Cara was so kind to do my makeover, I thought I would answer your question! 🙂 My earrings are from Old Navy! 🙂 xoxo

September 30, 2013 at 6:55 am

Thank you, Brooke! They’re so pretty! As are you 🙂

September 30, 2013 at 5:59 am

I can’t get enough of this new layout! Xo

Patti Rogers
    September 30, 2013 at 6:13 am

Stunning before and dazzling after!

Rachel P.
    September 30, 2013 at 6:23 am

oh my goodness, GORGEOUS!! i love how you have tried ‘n true “chameleon” products that you use time and time again, it really shows versatility in those products and how they look on different skintones, ages, etc!

also, i am SO EXCITED you have updated us on your makeup line release (come november, you’d better believe i will be either first in line or making an order!) will your line be in stores, like a supermarket or ulta or sephora? or will it be an online-only kind of thing?

October 1, 2013 at 12:10 am

Thank you so much! I am so excited about it! I’m hoping to get it in some of the bigger retailers at some point but this first round will be available on my site. I want to offer it to you guys first thing!

Rachel P.
        October 1, 2013 at 5:13 am

that is FABULOUS!! i am actually relieved it is starting online, because i am frequently on your blog anyway so it will be so easy to find/order! 🙂 thanks for the update!!

September 30, 2013 at 6:49 am

Hi Cara, I love how your make overs look so natural – it’s amazing! Can you tell me if you use the gel liner on the upper lids at all and/or where? Thanks again!

October 1, 2013 at 12:12 am

Thank you! Brook has eyelash extensions which are very thick at the root and totally look like liner already, so I skipped the liner on the top!

Maskcara Makeup Makeover
    September 30, 2013 at 6:49 am

[…] to Maskcara to see the after photo! When I saw my face after she was done, I turned BRIGHT RED. I couldn’t […]

Christina J. BeautyLove02
    September 30, 2013 at 6:53 am

Wow, Brooke you are beautiful! Beautiful anyway, but especially so with the brow powder–it brings out your gorgeous eyes in a very natural way. Cara did wonderful makeover here! She looks like the same person, but more sculpted, natural, and just gorgeous! BTW Cara, your website is awesome now! Honestly sometimes I would get frustrated trying to navigate on your old site and I’m sooo happy you did this! I will now be on your site for days reading all of your old posts! 🙂

October 1, 2013 at 12:13 am

YAY! Thank you so much! I would get frustrating navigating it before myself so I KNEW it had to be improved, so glad you like it!

September 30, 2013 at 6:59 am

Wow Brooke! What a knockout you are! You now have movie star eyes! Amazing job Cara!

Jamielyn Nye (@iheartnaptime)
    September 30, 2013 at 7:00 am

GORGEOUS!! Love that Brooke!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals
    September 30, 2013 at 7:01 am

My 2 favorite people in the entire world!! MUAH!

October 1, 2013 at 12:14 am

September 30, 2013 at 7:06 am

September 30, 2013 at 7:27 am

I love me some Brooke! You do incredible work but it probably didn’t take much more than lip gloss for this beauty. She’s beautiful!

September 30, 2013 at 7:46 am

Gorgeous!! Love your work maskcara! And your beautiful Brooke!

Angie Nilsson
    September 30, 2013 at 7:49 am

You do look fab Brooke:)

September 30, 2013 at 7:50 am

Gorgeous in BOTH pictures but wow what a difference eye brows make!!! I am THRILLED about your upcoming makeup release!!! Tell us where we will be able to buy it! *please*

Daneylle Gutierrez
    September 30, 2013 at 7:54 am

Cara, I’m SO sad I haven’t been receiving emails letting me know you’ve had posts. So, when I logged on today, I was quite a bit behind. I’m sure it’s because you’ve pitched this new site (which is WONDERFUL AND beautiful, by the way). I’m SO excited for your make up line coming out! I cannot wait to buy some!! EEKK!

October 1, 2013 at 12:17 am

SO sorry about that! My jetpack is all confused and the customer serveice over there is gone until OVTOBER 7TH!? I am so stressed about no one getting their emails!!

September 30, 2013 at 8:35 am

Gorge. I love me some Brooke. xo

September 30, 2013 at 8:36 am

Wow! I never thought that eyebrow coloring would have made a huge difference. Brooke looks like a completely different person- and apparently, this process was so simple! Thank you for explaining how you did it- I’d be lost without those instructions! Looking fierce, Brooke!

September 30, 2013 at 8:37 am

I’m just beyond excited about your new line coming out this year!! I can’t wait to make my purchase! And the website is looking great 🙂

melissa*320 sycamore
    September 30, 2013 at 9:09 am

Brooke, you look gorgeous! I especially love the pink that brings out your natural tones and your EYES! ow ow ow!

September 30, 2013 at 9:41 am

I love that you leave some freckles showing! I can’t wait for the release of the 3D 🙂

Can you please do a tutorial/makeover on someone with epicanthal folds? Being part asian, I have a moderate fold.. not so much in the actual lid; more like I don’t really have a visible inner corner to brighten :/

September 30, 2013 at 9:43 am

September 30, 2013 at 9:52 am

great example of what a difference brows can make. I was inspired by your blog & just had my first “brow intervention” at my local salon. what a difference!

September 30, 2013 at 9:54 am

Gorgeous! Is it just me or is Brooke channeling Kathleen Turner circa 1980? Not too shabby! Brilliant, and love the new make up room!

Maddy Cane
    September 30, 2013 at 9:58 am

Such a beautiful look, you are a wizard in bringing out the best in people! x

Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

September 30, 2013 at 10:09 am

Brooke looks awesome, and I am so excited for your makeup to come out! As others have asked, where will it be available? Another question… every time I’ve tried They’re Real I get a lot of transfer to my brow bone area throughout the day. Any suggestions for preventing this? Thank you!

September 30, 2013 at 10:16 am

I love Brooke’s blog! Learned so much from that woman! I could die and go to heaven if my face was done by you! Fab!!

September 30, 2013 at 10:33 am

Nice! You already looked great before the makeover.

September 30, 2013 at 10:39 am

Uh Muh Guh! Brooke you look amazing! I follow your blog and just recently found Maskcara…yes I was living under a rock. A wonderful transformation!

September 30, 2013 at 11:13 am

So lovely! I am SO excited for your new product line, Cara!!! I can’t wait to buy me some 3D Foundation! 😀 I am really scared to ask this, but will your products be drugstore or department store prices? :/

October 1, 2013 at 12:20 am

haha don’t be scared! It won’t be drugstore prices (I would love to get to that pricepoint eventually but since I am doing it myself the cost is higher for a start up!) It’s still going to be cheaper than what you’d pay at the department store. it’s really important to me that I keep everything affordable for everyone!

September 30, 2013 at 11:32 am

Love your makeovers that you do! I’d be interested in seeing this makeover on youtube. Do you plan on ever doing that?

September 30, 2013 at 11:43 am

I’m sure this looks great, but since you updated your site and made it “fancy” I can’t see any of the images in your posts, past or present. Total bummer. I guess I need a new computer as this is the second time it’s happened this month.

Bobbi C.
    September 30, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Can’t wait to get my hands on your Maskcara 3D foundation, Cara, and your new site is lovely!

September 30, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Hi Cara, Love your simplified way of makeup! Please pay attention that the new layout is harder to read (I am not an English native, I am from Israel). It was easier for me to read in the old layout – spreader and paragraphed. Anyway, Good Luck! Einav

September 30, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Brooke, you look awesome! Cara, I love the new layout, but I have a hard time knowing when/where there is a new post. Am I missing something? I would LOVE a “newest posts” section. Thanks!

September 30, 2013 at 1:20 pm

why can’t i see any pictures anymore? can someone help me?

yamileth fuentes
    September 30, 2013 at 2:32 pm

September 30, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Hello! I just wanted to stop by and tell you that you were nominated for Post of the Year for your Soft Neutral Makeup post at Hello Lovely Awards and Conference! Congrats! Today is that last day for open nominations so please let us know if there are any blogs or bloggers you would like to nominate

Hello Lovely Awards and Conference

September 30, 2013 at 6:45 pm

LOVELY – seriously, you have the perfect touch…you know just how far to go with everything. I love how your makeovers are everyday wearable…gives me hope haha

September 30, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Phenomenal as always! You are a genius – can’t wait to try the Maskcara line!

September 30, 2013 at 9:29 pm

SOLD! she is GORGEOUS! she looks amazing! i need a make-over and i totally want your maskcara line. i’ll be waiting with baited breath for it.

September 30, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Love the makeover and all of your work. I especially love how you do eyebrows and eyeliner. Can you describe how you did the liner here and what you used?

September 30, 2013 at 10:48 pm

Brook looks amazing!!!

October 1, 2013 at 4:46 am

I’m central american. Looking to see if you have worked on that skin type and tone?

October 1, 2013 at 8:00 am

Brooke, you look hot!! Great job Cara!

October 1, 2013 at 2:40 pm

My hair is long but it could use some fullness. I would love to have these clip ons to add that!

October 2, 2013 at 5:50 am

wow!! I didn’t realize how easy that was! 🙂 I always find myself in a conundrum whether to have my hair long or short. someone suggested hair extensions to me, but I wasn’t to keen about the upkeep of it and it seems more “permanent”. being a mom and someone who works odd, long hours, this sounds like a great way to look great without trying to hard! 🙂 thanks cara and lacy! 🙂

Gloria Phillips (@simplygloria1)
    October 2, 2013 at 2:03 pm

She’s gorgeous! It’s amazing what make up can do. Can’t wait until the product comes out next month…keep us updated!

October 3, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I am dying for the 3D foundation when is it available and can I get on a list?

October 6, 2013 at 6:27 pm

beautiful!!! i’m the same way with fair brows but as soon as i fill them a little they look nice and thick!

October 7, 2013 at 3:26 pm

OMG Becky!!

so good!!!

Molly Gardner
    October 7, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I’m so excited for your makeup line to come out!! Where will you be selling it?

Molly –

November 28, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Simply gorgeous! What shade of the foundation and blush did you use on Brooke? I have very similar coloring and want to purchase a HAC pack tonight!

Jayne @ The Naptown Organizer
    November 30, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I’d also love to hear what color blush this is! 🙂

December 1, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Shortcake! 😉

December 4, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Ditto what Lee said! Foundation/blush shades, please? 🙂

December 7, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Hi! For the contouring did you light or medium?

December 8, 2013 at 3:20 am

So is Brooke wearing the medium IID?

My {at the moment} Favorite Things List
    December 15, 2014 at 5:59 am

[…] Cara did a makeover on me, and I’ve used her miracle make up ever since.  […]

cassie sousa
    April 7, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Pinned it!!!! Fingers crossed! I’m in love with hac pack!