Batman is the new black.

DSC_6994 DSC_7003 DSC_7013

Boots: Target
Leather Leggings: Nordstrom
Shirt: Nordstrom
Clip in Extensions: Lacedhair
Bracelet & Ring: Express (not online!)
Nail Polish: OPI Liquid Sand Stay the Night

Nick made mention (when I bought the batman shirt) that comics are “so hot” right now.
Being nerdy has never been so popular.
Which brought on a conversation between myself and my little sister Celeste.
We find ourselves in a sad position.

We are neither cool nor nerdy (which is now cool)
We are dorky.
What’s the difference? You ask…
Nerds, as I see it, are some mixture of the following: super smart, wear classes, like comics & video games (I mean really like them not just wear the shirts), play games like Magic and understand them, are socially awkward, have massive non-mainstream music collections, and might speak elvish.
Dorks: bad dancers (actually Celeste is a FANTASTIC dancer but in a very unconventional way…I think that still counts),  like musicals, smile with a fair amount of gums showing, bad at sports but still don’t have the decency to sit it out (like a nerd would do), and accident prone.

In all likelihood dorks will never be cool, if they ever are, by sheer definition, cool itself would cease to be cool.
But maybe nerds thought the same thing just a few short years ago and look at them now!

Ellen Graham
    September 25, 2013 at 5:12 am

You bought the shirt! Your site is fantastic, thanks for inspiring us to see out inner beauty!

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    September 25, 2013 at 5:14 am

🙂 nerd ranting lol

September 25, 2013 at 5:59 am

If loving musicals makes me a dork then count me in! 🙂

Jennifer S
    September 25, 2013 at 6:01 am

I love how the black liquid leggings look with your tan boots! I would probably never think to pair those together, but it’s awesome.

Erin-Paint Those Piggies!
    September 25, 2013 at 6:18 am

I love this outfit, it’s just perfect!

September 25, 2013 at 6:44 am

The batman top is super cute and the whole outfit looks perfect together! 🙂

Loren | http://www.hellominkys.blogspot.com

September 25, 2013 at 6:46 am

Ok I was totally having Maskcara withdrawals the last two days b/c I haven’t had any email with your latest blog posts. So glad I came to your site! I absolutely love that you’re on board with the leather leggings! I scored a pair (faux if course b/c I can’t afford the real thing) for $15!!! Yes $15 from Journeys.com. Love them but haven’t braved wearing them just yet. I also have ways felt more on the dorky side but now I wear glasses so where do I fit in?! Lol. Happy hump day girl! ❤ you!

September 25, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I haven’t gotten emails either! Had to check and see what’s going on.

September 25, 2013 at 7:31 am

I know absolutely nothing about makeup and lean towards un-girly. What makes me wait for your posts is
    1. You look for beauty in everything, instead of just trying to beautify stuff which don’t appear beautiful.
    2. You speak your mind.
    3. You accept people with all their blemishes and love them truly.
    You’re awesome 🙂 (dorky or not)

September 25, 2013 at 8:19 am

Did you know today is the unofficial National Comic Book Day!Perfect day to be a nerd!

September 25, 2013 at 8:19 am

Luckily “cool” is subjective so what I think is cool, someone else may think is dorky, but it doesn’t matter because it’s cool to me! Like my husband – he’s a dork AND I think he’s the coolest!! I totally value dorkiness. I was a dork in high school and thank goodness because being cool looked like no fun. 😉

September 25, 2013 at 8:20 am

You use Brun for brows quite a bit and it’s a fantastic brow color, with neutral tones. As an eyebrow guru, I’ve tried everything. However, I have really light brows that I’ve been working for years to grow back in. I usually use a Stila eyebrow feather pen in medium or Anastasia brow powder duo in golden blonde (Not sure why it’s called golden, because the darker of the duo is a great muted shade). These products darken and define my brows fine, but I’m always on the hunt for the next best thing. Do you think Brun is universal or do you have a lighter shade to recommend? Thanks!

September 25, 2013 at 8:30 am

I’m LOL right now because my sister and I have had the same conversation…we’re not cool and we’re not even nerdy enough to be nerds, we’re just goofy dorks!

Laura Wyatt
    September 25, 2013 at 9:46 am

AH! i’m a dork and didn’t realize it until JUST NOWWW!

Kristin @ Crumbs and Curls
    September 25, 2013 at 9:48 am

My sister has been loving things with Batman lately so I may have to get this shirt for her for Christmas. Also I’m loving your boots & may have to get a pair for myself!

September 25, 2013 at 10:16 am

Yay, you got the shirt, it looks great on you! I would never brave a superhero shirt because I feel that people would think I raided my sons closet, but you totally make it work. I too am a big dork LOL musical loving, gummy smile non dancer and all! The only thing I would add is the totally inappropriate burst for laughter which causes people to stare…at which point I’m usually laughing so hard I snort. lol

September 25, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I have an extremely personal question that you absolutely do not have to answer haha! I really love wearing skinny jeans and those leather leggings are absolutely to die for! My question is, being LDS as well, how do you hide the “lines” underneath if you know what I mean?! Haha..any suggestions or advice would be great!

September 25, 2013 at 1:05 pm

You’re not dorky, just adorable. Your kindness and caring nature shines out of your face like sunbeams. I love your blog, it makes me smile x 🙂

the makerista
    September 25, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I’m a total dork and YES to the gummy smiles! I’ve always wondered how people smile without showing them?! 🙂

September 25, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Yes to the gummy smiles! Dorks R US! –Becky

September 25, 2013 at 4:43 pm

love the batman shirt and the look is so casual love it,

September 25, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Oh girly who ISN’T dorky 🙂 My husband is a total NERD and he’s rubbing off on me, so I loved this post. BTW I’m pretty sure we live in the same city, I’m just crossing my fingers for a day when I bump into you shopping or something…creepy maybe??? Well what can I say, I’m a dork too

September 25, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Love the new look of the site!!!

September 25, 2013 at 8:28 pm

LOVE the new layout! I consider myself a good mix of dorky and nerdy..maybe there’s hope for me yet!

September 25, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Love the look, your blog….everything! I live in Vegas and Salt Lake! Discovered you in this months Allure, and have attempted the Rosie and Angelina look already. You inspire me to try different looks, you’re a genius with hair and makeup and a good person. 🙂 love it.

I try lining my tear lines and find it makes my eyes look smaller, and wondered why you never use a finishing powder after you do your makeup? I use one all the time, but now wonder if its aging me. It is. Good one by Makeup Forever, it is white and translucent, so not heavy. Cargo also makes great ones.

I love your site, keep the posts coming girl, you’re amazing.

September 25, 2013 at 10:36 pm

You are AWESOME! And your makeup tutorials are the best that I have ever seen (I watch Youtube a lot). I have shared them with all my girlfriends and colleagues 🙂 Thanks a lot! Love, Elena

September 26, 2013 at 12:15 am

LOVE the shirt! and the outfit.. You’re like one of my favorite bloggers 🙂

September 26, 2013 at 12:24 am

You look gorgeous! How do you have such a classic, yet unique beauty? Just stunning 🙂

Renate from http://thecuriousklutz.blogspot.com

September 26, 2013 at 3:59 am

You are the most beautiful dork I have ever seen. I love your blog and the new site. Good job.

Kelly M
    September 26, 2013 at 7:53 am

I love the new beauty index. This is super helpful!

September 26, 2013 at 8:00 pm

I haven’t received any either!

September 28, 2013 at 11:29 am

Your new website looks great! I love the batman t-shirt and those boots are so cool… 🙂

September 29, 2013 at 10:03 am

So Sad I didn’t order this shirt before they sold out!! You look amazing as always!! 🙂 Can’t wait to see your face in a few weeks!! xoxo Thanks for linking up to Laced Hair!!! You are so so perfect!

October 16, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Do you have an Instagram ?(:

February 25, 2014 at 2:20 pm

I just love those leather leggings!! Way too awesome and stylish.:-)

custom print t shirts
    August 15, 2015 at 2:31 am

I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This post posted at this website
    is actually pleasant.

custom tshirt printing
    August 15, 2015 at 9:33 pm

When someone writes an post he/she keeps the image of a user
    in his/her mind that how a user can know it. So that’s why this piece of
    writing is amazing. Thanks!

vintage t shirts
    August 16, 2015 at 8:13 am

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post!
    It is the little changes that make the most significant changes.
    Many thanks for sharing!

tee shirt designs
    August 17, 2015 at 1:27 am

Thanks for one’s marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you can be
    a great author. I will always bookmark your blog and definitely will come back sometime soon. I want to encourage
    you to definitely continue your great job, have a nice evening!