Hair Hair Products Products

21 benefits. No kidding.

Not to ruin the surprise or anything but I was going to show you my website makeover for MM this week but as is often the case with technical things, we ran into some difficulty and it will hopefully be up tomorrow instead. I’m really excited about it cause it looks pretty and it’s got some really fancy touches I think you’ll like.

In the meantime, I’ve falling madly in love with a new hair care product. I’ve only been using it for a week but I can’t hold it in any longer.
It’s that good.

Because of the blog I sometimes get products sent my way so I can sample them.
Which is awesome but kind of makes me feel guilty most of the time because even though, generally the products are really cool they just aren’t life changing, so… they never get blogged about. I just won’t suggest you guys buy things you don’t need. Well, technically no one needs anything I suggest but…I’m using the term loosely.

This stuff is a perfect example of something I would never have tried had it not been sitting in front of me after my shower, when my hair was especially ratted.
I read that it was claiming to have 21 benefits for my hair, and quickly scanned to see if “de-tangling” was one of them. Sure enough, it was. I love Pureology and my hair ran right through the comb after a few squirts, but I had major doubts for the rest of the claims. (In my experience most products that claim to do everything are actually trying to compensate for the fact that they do nothing.)

damaged hair look no further, this is a game changer!

After it dried my hair felt extremely soft. The I-can’t-stop-touching-it-and-soliciting-that-others-touch-it soft. It was also so shiny and it felt so much healthier!
Now I’ve used it after every shower since and I  feel like I have my old non-bleached hair back. Nick has probably heard “seriously, look at how shiny it is! want to feel it again?” more times than were absolutely necessary but I can’t stop and I realllly can’t believe that one spray bottle could make such a huge difference.
Hats off scientists at the Pureology Headquarters, 21 benefits indeed. Sorry I ever doubted you.

{Get it at Ulta or any salon that sells Pureology.}

Happy Monday!

September 23, 2013 at 5:42 am

Hi Cara,

I love your blog and all the tips yiu give. I just opened the blog today to see any tips for shiny hair and found it right on the top… Will definitely try it cos my hair is so unbelievably frizzy!! Thanku and if there is any other sprays or products to style my hair pretty and shiny will be highly appreciated 🙂 thank you so much!!

September 23, 2013 at 6:30 am

Are you still using Wen to wash your hair?

Sara Strauss
    September 23, 2013 at 7:28 am

I’m definitely going to look into this!! Who doesn’t want crazy touchable hair?!

Ashley Alldridge
    September 23, 2013 at 7:33 am

Thanks for sharing that! I am going to try it! Do you have any suggestions for frizz? I have dark brown hair and it is loooong. I would love to be able to air dry, as it has a lil wave to it, but oh man… That frizz. It’s bad! If I try bio-silk, or argan oil… It just makes my hair look and feel greasy. So, just wondered if you had any tips! Thanks for all you do!!
    P.S.- you should try a shampoo and conditioner called Caviar…. I’m in love!! I have been using it for about two months, and I feel like I have my pre-babies healthy hair back! I used Wen before and looooved that, but had to use soooo much. I always felt super wasteful and went through it like crazy. Caviar is such an amazing alternative!!!! Anyway- have a great day!! 🙂

September 23, 2013 at 7:58 am

This sounds amazing! Would you suggest it even if you don’t color your hair?

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    September 23, 2013 at 8:25 am

I love Pureology, thanks congrats again on the Allure article, I got my issue Saturday 🙂

Gwen, The Makerista
    September 23, 2013 at 9:31 am

Sounds like something I’ll have to try! I really love that It’s a 10 product, have you ever tried that? But it’s kind of pricy and I usually have to use quite a bit. I just blogged about my haircare routine and how I’ve gotten my hair the longest it’s ever been and it just keeps growing:

Thanks for sharing, Cara!

September 25, 2013 at 10:48 am

I also Love the ‘It’s a 10 products’ and actually just purchased a full size bottle b/c Target now sells it!!! (Yes it’s pricey, but so worth it) I wonder if 21 benefits is similar?! hehe.

Maddy Cane
    September 23, 2013 at 9:59 am

Sounds amazing, I definitely need to try this! x

Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

September 23, 2013 at 10:43 am

I am in LOVE with this product! I’m a hairstylist and all my clients have become addicted to this amazing product!!

September 23, 2013 at 11:51 am

What is the exact product name? I definitely want to try this out ASAP!

September 23, 2013 at 2:02 pm

It’s Pureology Colour Fanatic.

September 26, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Thanks so much!

September 23, 2013 at 1:41 pm

This product is amazing! The smell is delicious too!

Bubbles & PopCorn
    September 23, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I love your blog, you have great advice and you really sound a lovely person!!! All the best for you.

September 23, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Have you heard of “12 benefits?” My hair stylist told me about it a few visits ago, tried it on me, and I love it! She told me that no other salon in the area sells it, that they went out and found the product and brought it into the salon (who knows if that’s really true hahaha), but that’s what I’ve been using. I just got my hair done a week ago, and here she whips out “21 Benefits!” I said “Are you kidding me?! 21 benefits! They’re trying to up 12 benefits?!” Lol. She used that on me last time, and my hair was nice, but I didn’t notice any significant difference between “12 benefits” and “21 benefits,” and “12 benefits” is cheaper :)!

September 23, 2013 at 10:24 pm

ooooh I will have to check it out! thank you!

September 23, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I really appreciate that I can always trust that your reviews are sincere.

September 23, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Thanks Liz, I am so glad you feel like you can trust me! My honesty won’t ever be for sale! 🙂

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats
    September 23, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Have you tried “It’s a 10 plus keratin” Ive only been using it a week or so, but I absolutely love it! Its a little pricey, but it does all the things that this one seems to do. I naturally have really dry, frizzy, wavy I have to add product to it daily. Anyway, this product is excellent!

September 25, 2013 at 10:51 am

I commented above, but I also LOVE LOVE LOVE “it’s a 10” products. I love the keratin one, however the normal ‘it’s s 10’ spray smells better! Or maybe I got a bad batch lol.

September 23, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Are you still using Wen and then using this product with it? I tried Wen, on your recommendation and I love it! I just tried a knock-off brand to try to save money and it is not even close. not.even.close. Back to Wen!

September 23, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I know! Isn’t it a bummer!? Wen is pne product that the cheap versions haven’t been able to touch! and yes, won’t give up my Wen! This is just an additionally pray…which is why it must be great cause I don’t add extras in very often!

Liana McCann
    September 24, 2013 at 10:59 am

Hi Cara! So I recently ordered Wen online and have been using it and I have a few questions! Are you still using Wen? And since I ordered online it did not come with a pump so I’m having trouble knowing how much to use…and lastly it says I should only have to wash every 2-3 days but my hair is feeling greasier than usual just the day after! Help!
    Thank you!

September 24, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Have you heard of Wayne Goss? You and Wayne are the only 2 makeup artist videos that I subscribe to. He has a new line of makeup brushes out but they are over $200 for the set. Do you think that is worth it? What can you tell us about how to get a good set, or knowing what to look for in a good set that won’t break the bank. Thanks!

Lindsay H
    September 24, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Have you ever heard of starlooks? it’s a company that each month sends you 3-4 FULL size of their makeup products for only $17/month that includes s/h. I used to work for MAC a few yrs back and I find it very comparable! You should try them out! Here is the link if you or anyone is interested….

September 24, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Oooh I have to try this! I used to never have tangles but something has happened and now my hair has a nest growing in the back of the head. So weird! But what is this talk of a new look for your blog. I LOVE the current one and Im nervous abt a new one… A better “search for products” function is all I could ever wish for on this blog but that’s about it :). And I had a heart attack when I saw the new makeup room! Now I have to have a second makeup consult just to see it in person! The transformation is astounding, Mandy has some mad talent!

Hannah Dunkley
    September 24, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Hi Cara!!

Your blog is amazing! Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge of all things beauty! My hair and makeup routine is actually fun for me now thanks to you and all your awesome tips and tricks. Your Twirl Curls? Genius!!!

So I am totally intrigued by this pureology product. My stylist uses Davines and at my last appointment she used their new “Oi all in one milk” on my hair when it was wet and it felt amazing after it was styled. I think it was similar to this 21 benefits product. Have you ever heard of Davines? Its pretty amazing stuff. However, i am definitely going to try this Color Fanatic!

By the way, I just think you’re absolutely gorgeous! And I’m kind of obsessed with your new denim jacket from Express! 🙂

September 25, 2013 at 11:06 am

I love Pureology. And from my experience, they tend to do what they say they’re gonna do. Gonna pick this one up on my next stop at the beauty supply, thanks for the tip =)

September 25, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I love Pureology but never thought to try out other products other than shampoo and conditioner. I somehow always get bad knots in my hair and can’t find anything that will help with that. Thanks for the review!

September 25, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Hi Cara! I love Pureology! I started using the Shampoo and Conditioner because about two years ago my boyfriends mom and sisters told me that Pureology was the secret to their amazing hair. I’ve been hooked ever since and I get compliments on my hair at least once a week. So you know how sometimes you switch to a new shampoo/conditioner and your hair feels amazing, but then goes back to blah after a few weeks, well with Pureology that has never happened, even after two years. I have got to get my hands on this spray. I have never tried it before, but how awesome would it be to take to the beach or pool to revive your hair or detangle it after being in the ocean/pool all day. I’m so excited to go pick up a bottle. Thanks for the post, review and recommendation! 🙂

September 25, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I use the Pureology shampoos and conditioners. My hair is sooooo much better since I started! Shiny, healthy (thank goodness we’re back to that!), and growing back out. My stylist uses it and now I swear by it! My have to look into 21 benefits… 🙂 Thanks!

September 26, 2013 at 10:14 am

I’m so glad you’ve tried Pureology! It is on my list because they are against animal-testing! I’ll grab this! Thanks

September 26, 2013 at 11:58 am

I received this product as a sample from Ulta, and I love it as well!!

Hayley Grade
    September 26, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Now I must try!! My mother and I were all but ready to give up on WEN but I insisted that you insisted it worked! So, we’re giving it some time! I will have to add this to the list!

September 28, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Went out and bought this spray today after reading your blog Cara…omg this stuff is magical! My hair is totally knot free, no frizz, super silky soft and smells fantastic. My former split ends feel cured. Thank you for all your reviews, I never feel like you are trying to sell me something and love your honesty

October 4, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Stylist just used this today… it works amazing and I bought it! Funny I stumbled upon your review here 🙂

March 29, 2014 at 12:16 pm

This is selling on Amazon—do you think it’s ligit Purology or a knock-off?

The Prettilist | Maskcara
    April 8, 2014 at 9:08 am

[…] Moisture: inoa Moisture Masque DIY Moisture: Coconut Oil Hair care protective spray: Purology 21 {post} Dry Shampoo: Loreal Professional Fresh Dust Drugstore Dry Shampoo: Suave Shine/health  Serum: […]

August 2, 2014 at 4:05 am

I tried this tonight and I’m in LOVE. I have natural curly hair so my hair can tend to be dry and frizzy. This gave me such soft frizz free hair. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction:)

August 14, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Hi-hey I can’t zoom in on an iPad to read the posts more easily since the makeover. Think we’ll be able to again?