Makeup Tips & Tricks

I think pink should stick around through fall…

I’m never really sad when summer comes to an end.
I love Fall far too much to have the kind of foresight it takes to begin dreading winter.
But while I’m shoving all of my summer clothes into a bag (I live in Vegas so I’ll hang on to some of them through the winter just in case of a random 80 degree day)
I won’t be stashing away my pink lipsticks.
Cause I honestly go bare pretty much all summer long and by the time September hits, I want em back!
Here’s my pink lipstick look from yesterday! (I got all dressed up for the pinterest party, thanks so much to those of you who came! I really didn’t know how it would turn out but It was a blast!)

Lipstick: Mac Candy Yum-Yum
Mac Brun for the brows
Loreal Gel Liner in Blackest Black
Benefit They’re Real Mascara

Confession: I hardly ever do colabs but I’ve done a few in the last couple of months and it just so happened that they all got scheduled in the same week! So I hope you like them.  Just don’t worry that I’m going linkup crazy or something, I promise, it’s just a coincidence:)

In this case a few of us bloggers from totally different niches thought it would be fun to do a color themed post day!

colorchallenge (1)

We each did a pink project, and they’re all REALLY fun so if you have a chance, click around and meet some awesome girls.
Click below to check out all the fun!

Image Map

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    September 18, 2013 at 4:08 am

Omg this is gorgeous, and I love your hair like that!

Jennifer S
    September 18, 2013 at 4:09 am

I’m always bucking seasonal makeup transitions. I mean, to some extent you naturally want to start wearing some colors that felt too dark or heavy in the warmer months, but I will definitely be wearing my fun eyeshadow and brights lipsticks through these colder months. Love the bright eyed minimal eye with the bold lip. So pretty!

Leigh Ann
    September 18, 2013 at 4:19 am

Your pink lips make your eye color pop! Gorgeous!

Kristin Merck
    September 18, 2013 at 4:51 am

I love the pink collaboration! Plus, I have a few new blogs to follow!

September 18, 2013 at 4:58 am

I love your PINK lips! After being a “red girl” for years and years, I was introduced to PINK at the Bobbi Brown counter last year and I love it! I’m so happy for this post since I just ordered another BB Pink Peony yesterday and was wondering if I was breaking some sort of “no pink after Labor Day” makeup rule. 😉

September 18, 2013 at 4:59 am

Lol. I was just thinking to myself, “Wow, Cara’s the first person I’ve seen wearing Candy Yum Yum that doesn’t look totally crazy!” Then I saw this, “This lipstick is actually a lot more NEON than it photograhs so keep that in mind!” hahaha. Oh well. It still looks awesome on you! 🙂

September 18, 2013 at 5:21 am

Love this post! Going to keep rocking my YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in No. 19 – Fuschia in Rage for a while longer at least! (PS – it’s a great color, highly recommend – especially on very fair skin like mine!)

September 18, 2013 at 5:27 am

You have like the perfect canvas for such pretty lipstick – it suits you so well. Gorgeous lips, pearl white teeth etc., you can really pull off any color! And pink is so much fun 🙂

Renate from

September 18, 2013 at 5:44 am

Love pink! Can you show us how to do the look that’s big for fall, modern goth. It’s the look from the 90’s that’s making a come back. I see a lot of celebrities wearing these dark lips and it seems to have been all over the runway! Thanks!

September 18, 2013 at 5:51 am

Agree! I love the bold lip and am not ready to give it up. Cara, where did you get that cute plaid shirt?

September 18, 2013 at 6:05 am

What color is you hair right now Cara? And do you have highlights?

September 18, 2013 at 6:34 am

I could never pull that off, but you rock it! I absolutely love the lightness of the rest of your face! Shows off your natural beauty in the best way. You look so fresh!

September 18, 2013 at 9:40 am

Oh, and I would LOVE to know how you got the rest of your look! The subtle shadow is very pretty! What do you suggest for brow color and liner color for fairer complexions? I think both of these would be too dark for my skin and eyes and for a 53 year old! I just keep coming back to how beautiful you look here! I too, love the hair without the extensions!

Lisa Scott Provost
        September 19, 2013 at 6:23 am

Mary, I have pretty fair skin and am blonde with sandy brown brows so maybe tis Is TOO light for you – but I have been loving an eyeshadow duo for mine! It’s by Maybelline, a line called Chic Naturals in Browntones. Kind of taupey. I use mostly the light color but mix in the dark as my brows get more sparse at the ends.

Good for contouring too, actually!

Hope that helps. Oh, and ps I looove black liner and mascara, I think you can always rock that. 🙂

September 22, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Thank you Lisa! I will check out the maybelline ou suggested!

September 18, 2013 at 6:57 am

That color looks great on you! I love the subtle makeup you’ve got on too.

Emily Frame
    September 18, 2013 at 7:10 am

Love this shade! I have the hardest time finding a good one for my blonde hair, but I think this would look awesome.

Small Fry

Kelly M
    September 18, 2013 at 7:11 am

I’m loving your hair without the extensions! Less Real Housewives, more real beauty. 🙂

September 18, 2013 at 7:22 am

Gorgeous! Love this lip color on you!

Sincerely Miss Ash

September 18, 2013 at 9:09 am

Did you cut your hair? Or it that your hair without extensions? Either way I LOVE IT! You look fantastic.

Inês Paúl
    September 18, 2013 at 9:43 am

You look gorgeous Cara! xx

// Inês Paúl //

September 18, 2013 at 9:52 am

Hi Cara,

Where did you get your plaid shirt from? I’ve been looking for a purple one and I love yours! Thanks so much!!!

Christina Trapletti
    September 18, 2013 at 10:01 am

I really like you with shorter hair, makes me have less hair envy towards your long locks 😉 either is pretty but its fun to change it up!

small fry blog
    September 18, 2013 at 10:04 am

so so so pretty! definitely going to buy this today! so fun to be included with you. you’re such a babe. xoxo.

Kelly @ Studio DIY
    September 18, 2013 at 10:10 am

I am totally not a lipstick girl, but this shade may have me converting! It’s just GORGEOUS! And I’m totally on board with pink for fall. Bring it on!

September 18, 2013 at 10:56 am

I just bought Mac’s Candy Yum Yum a couple of weeks ago. Looks great on you!

September 18, 2013 at 12:34 pm

That shade of pink suits you beautifully! You look absolutely stunning!

September 18, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Love that shade of pink! Looks so great! I think it should stay around all year!

September 18, 2013 at 4:12 pm

YOU LIVE IN VEGAS?!?!?! I’ve live here for all 23 years of my life! Except when I went out of state for undergrad. Oh my goodness I can’t believe we live in the same city!

September 18, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Hi Cara, I’ve been grooving on pink, orange, nude and red all summer. I love my colors similarly I love the nude look. Living in NYC, there are plenty of places to go that require different looks. I constantly switch colors depending on my mood or venue. I use YSL Pink…beautiful color, long lasting. It’s also sort of a neon color so it doesn’t look prissy pink, it’s Hot Sexy Pink…That Rocks! I adore all my wonderful lipsticks: Pink, Orange, Nude and Red (I have Mac RiRi Red) and I love her color.

September 18, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I would love a tutorial for this look.

I am enjoying these collabs but I’m also appreciate the reassurances!

Frida Ha
    September 19, 2013 at 12:40 am

Caela Bee
    September 19, 2013 at 5:59 am

Cara! The pink and the blue of your top areca SO.YOUR. COLOURS!!!!!!1

September 19, 2013 at 7:47 am

Wow! You look stunning. I loooove your hair that length. It looks great on you!

Marina Akira
    September 19, 2013 at 10:49 am

I most definitely agree!!! I love pink anything and I have a hot pink lipstick post too on my blog today!!!

September 20, 2013 at 5:12 am

do you use the Mac “Brun” eyeshadow on your brows?

Amy B-B
    September 20, 2013 at 7:10 pm

It’s because you live in Vegas that you don’t get sad when summer is over 😉 although the weather northeast is still quite nice and I am ignoring the changes in the trees!

Lori M
    September 30, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Please, please do a tutorial on this makeup look. It is beautiful! Love the simpler eye makeup on you.

Laura Mueller
    November 27, 2013 at 6:10 am

Hey guys, this is a project I am currently doing for college.

I am really new to this, so please do me a favour and click on the link for my Travel Blog. I need as many clicks as possible 😉

Thank you so so much!

Candice Schneider
    February 21, 2014 at 9:18 am

I love that look. I’ve really gotten into pink lipstick myself but have trouble knowing what eyeshadow colors to wear and blush or bronzer. What would you recommend? p.s. You are stunning!