Before & Afters Makeup

Deb – Makeover Monday

I am so excited to show you guys the makeover I did on my sister-in-law Debra.
She just gave birth to my adorable newest nephew Ledger which is her 5th child.
Raising 5 young kids is serious business and leaves her with little to no “me time”
My mom was kind enough to watch her 5 plus my 1 while we had ourselves a pretty party!
It was so fun to have some time to spend with her without the fragmented conversation we usually have between many little-person-interruptions.
Aaaaand….Let’s not even talk about how she looks pre-makeup. Cause, are you kidding?

DSC_5927

makeover

Side by Side View

DSC_5950

debrahair

DSC_5983

DSC_59826

What I did:
I started by using a bit of Tomas Airbrush Tan (Deb is a LOVER of a deep tan and only recently gave up the beds, I’ve been dying to show her she really can have her cake and eat it too with a little spray can)
Tapped in some Nars Sheer Glow with a damp sponge.
Then I did some contouring with my contour foundation. Since she has a thin face already I didn’t want to create any more thinness but contouring the sides of her face like I often do, in her case I focused mostly on her cheek bones creating a shade push up bra right under the apples of her cheeks and blending out towards her temples. (Hopefully that makes sense. If not I’ll be demonstrating it via video soon so no worries.)Then under the lips and down the sides of the nose on the top of her forehead and around her jaw line.
Rosied up those cheeks with my blushΒ
I filled her brows with Mac Brun (shocking I know:)
Lined her the inner rim of her eyes all the way around with Loreal Gel Liner in Blackest black, then blended the line out with a contour brush using a mixture of Taupe & Slate from the Lorac Pro Palette. Β Mascara came next and a row of my favorite lashes. (I linked the pro palette to Zappos because I recently had a FANTASTIC experience with them* and they ship/ return fast and free. I try to find the best price+shipping for my all my links)
Then using Nude from the Lorac Palette I highlighted the inner corner of her eyes and a tiny bit below her brow.
Lined her lips with Mac In Synch lip pencil, filled them with Mac Creme Cup Lipstick and topped them off with some pink gloss.
Lastly I highlighted her down the bridge of the nose, beneath her eyes on her forehead between her brows and on her chin.
Oh and I had to set her with some spray. Urban Decay’s All Nighter.

For her hair:
I gave her some subtle layers to take the weight off and give her some body. I also gave Β her a swoopy bang which I think frames her face gorgeously.
Next lightened her up around the face with some highlights and toned the whole head with apple cider vinegar and purple food coloring (made it super shiny and cut the yellow)
I also added some serum for shine while it was still wet. After rough drying it I used a 1 1/2″ Hot tools curling iron to run some soft silky curls through it.(tutorial here)

signature

* Just in case you want to know what it was (but since it’s a long story I figured I’d leave it out of the body of the post)
I ordered a pair of shoes but left my apartment number off the address (typical me). Strangely UPS felt like they could figure out which apartment number was mine through ESP. ESP was wrong and although my tracking number said it was delivered to me, it wasn’t. I called Zappos and the lovely girl told me that she was so sorry (never mentioned once how it was my mistake) and sent me a new pair overnight while they found the lost pair, but not before letting me know they’d gone on sale since I ordered them last week so she would refund me the difference. WHAT?! I was glowing when I got off the phone. What a great company.

210 Comments

Kristina
    August 26, 2013 at 4:31 am

She looks AMAZING! Who would ever guess she has 5 kids!

Jenny R
    August 26, 2013 at 4:31 am

Gorgeous….the right hair and makeup can make a person look 10 years younger. She looks amazing!

Elizabeth
    August 26, 2013 at 4:31 am

Amazing make Over!!!

Leila
    August 26, 2013 at 4:33 am

wow. Gorgeous before … and insanely crazy HOT after.

Susan
    August 26, 2013 at 4:38 am

She looks stunning !

Liliya
    August 26, 2013 at 4:39 am

Cara!! Not only do you transforms faces, make ur own makeup, but you cut and color hair with home made products?! Geesh woman! Beautiful!!!

Melissa
    August 26, 2013 at 4:40 am

Can u explain the vinegar kool aid concoction? I can only say wow!! I bet her husband was smiling!:) me next!!

NEJA
    August 26, 2013 at 4:41 am

Holy smokes!! I want you to do a makeover on ME!! Amaziiiing!!!

Kika
    August 26, 2013 at 4:43 am

Not buying it

Annika
    August 26, 2013 at 4:47 am

Damn!! And people say beauty comes from the inside. I beg to differ!

Dawn Shelton Connelly
    August 26, 2013 at 4:47 am

HOLY COW! she looks great! shows you what makeup can do.

Pam
    August 26, 2013 at 4:54 am

She started out beautiful! I liked most of the makeover – you did a spectacular job on her hair!
    Dislikes – lining the inner lids makes her eyes look smaller; and HACing makes her nose look thinner, but more prominent.

Diana Cecil
    August 26, 2013 at 4:56 am

Wow. Good job! Went from Amish (plain, but no insult intended) to AMAZING!

Jill
    August 26, 2013 at 4:58 am

WOW!! She looks amazing, the lashes make it!! Looks 20 years younger!!!

Anna
    August 26, 2013 at 4:59 am

You should have seen my face when I saw the “after!” My jaw dropped. Holy cow. I want you to be my best friend and have me be your Monday Makeover!

Kasia Kubicka
    August 26, 2013 at 5:08 am

Cara, you’re a genius! You should have your own tv show and doing makeovers all over the world πŸ™‚

Aprl
      November 1, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Exactly! No wonder actresses look they way that they do!!

Karyn
    August 26, 2013 at 5:19 am

Oh, my, hotness. Debra is all different kinds of beautiful – before AND after! And you, Cara, are amazing as always. Nice work.

mm
    August 26, 2013 at 5:21 am

She looks 10 to 20 years younger. Amazing

Jenn S
    August 26, 2013 at 5:22 am

Um, amazing. She’s absolutely beautiful without make-up, but wow. The after is stunning too! Cara, you do phenomenal work! And that hair!!! Just gorgeous!
    What fun it must’ve been too! I love your description of “fragmented conversation”. It’s SO true! I feel the same, like you never really get your conversation started, or finished. Haha. Love it.
    Great job!

skattebasse
    August 26, 2013 at 5:26 am

Geeezzzz.. She looks 10 years younger! Lovely! πŸ™‚

Jacelien
    August 26, 2013 at 5:30 am

Wow, amazing job!!

Iza
    August 26, 2013 at 5:31 am

Amazing! you’ve enhanced her natural beauty!

Sonja Foust
    August 26, 2013 at 5:38 am

Beautiful! Not sure why I didn’t realize you did hair too, but I am super impressed, especially with your purple food coloring invention. πŸ™‚

Amanda
    August 26, 2013 at 5:41 am

holy COW!!!!!!!! She’s stunning before and you perfectly highlighted her beauty with the help of make up! Amazing!

Jessi
    August 26, 2013 at 5:44 am

The most impressive makeover yet, mostly because you were able to transform her hair from beautiful to super-model! Can you please explain the apple cider vinegar and purple food coloring trick?

Moira
      August 28, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Yes! I want to know about the hair treatment!! How do you do that!?

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    August 26, 2013 at 5:47 am

Awesome, you are super cool!!!!!

Jen
    August 26, 2013 at 5:48 am

I have seen the makeovers you do here and this one – by far – had me saying WOW. I mean, she looks like Stacey Kiebler! Your makeovers are truly remarkeable. You take someone and bring out the absolute best, perfectly. Not too much – they don’t look overly made-up. It’s really amazing what you do. I want you to make ME over too!!!!

Mary
    August 26, 2013 at 5:49 am

Wooow – Gorgeous makeover!

You are very good at it! Guess you know hehe πŸ˜‰
    always looking forward to the Monday makeover posts.

Kerri
    August 26, 2013 at 5:58 am

Her eyes really pop after the makeup! Very beautiful!

Sue
    August 26, 2013 at 5:59 am

So gorgeous! I want a makeover too!
    Agreed–Zappos is the best company ever! So rare to get such awesome customer service nowadays.

Angie
    August 26, 2013 at 6:06 am

She looks amazing!

Laura Halsey
    August 26, 2013 at 6:07 am

wow, she’s stunning. Nice job!

Paula
    August 26, 2013 at 6:11 am

Beautiful!!

Tammy
    August 26, 2013 at 6:24 am

Cara . . . can you please tutorial how you did the apple cider vinegar and purple food coloring to highlight her hair? Simply amazing!

Paint Those Piggies
    August 26, 2013 at 6:30 am

Holy smokes, what an awesome makeover. Such a stunning lady πŸ™‚

Jessica
    August 26, 2013 at 6:39 am

that’s INSANE! what a bombshell!

Shiloh Barkley
    August 26, 2013 at 6:40 am

Lemme tell you, your makeovers are more than mere makeovers. They’re Hot Girl makeovers. They turn each woman into the hot chick they always wanted to be in their twenties!

Jamie
    August 26, 2013 at 6:44 am

Cara, is there a certain makeup brush set you’d recommend for beginners as well? Thanks

Bernadette's Daughter
    August 26, 2013 at 7:05 am

Really pretty makeover, she looks great!

Stephanie M.
    August 26, 2013 at 7:06 am

Those locks! I am a little envious. I bet she was thrilled to get out of mommy world and get dazzled up. How sweet of you to do for her.

melissa
    August 26, 2013 at 7:06 am

I love her eyes and smile. Pretty mama

K.Nicole Williams (@Kenesha_W)
    August 26, 2013 at 7:06 am

Gorgeous makeover! I think the eyes are my favorite.

Jennie mcsorley
    August 26, 2013 at 7:19 am

Stunning without make up but wow! What a hottie with make up x

Mags
    August 26, 2013 at 7:22 am

She was pretty before the makeover. And jaw dropping gorgeous after. Well done Cara.

Brittany Wicz
    August 26, 2013 at 7:26 am

holy cow she looks great before but A-Mazing after. Cara are you just a jack of all trades hair and makeup! Please explain this food coloring apple cider vinegar …also can you do a quick eye demo of the inner eyeliner application or if you did point me to it.

Erin
    August 26, 2013 at 7:30 am

Wow she looks amazing. I think more often than naught I worried about darkening a clients eyebrows too much as they really can change someone’s overall look. In this case you got it right! This is a great reminder for me to trust my instincts and let myself be the artist. Thank you!

liz @ btb
    August 26, 2013 at 7:38 am

Woah mama!! That’s bombshell status, right there! And five kiddos? She looks amazing!

debbie romaneschi
    August 26, 2013 at 7:45 am

Cara you did a fantastic makeover for your sister-in-law! She has gorgeous skin and she really looks beautiful and really natural. You are really a great makeup artists and I look forward to your emails every week.

Bethany
    August 26, 2013 at 7:46 am

She looks AMAZING! I have a very similar skin tone (red and fair). Can you tell me which foundation color you used in Nars to even everything out? Or even which you would have used on her if you didn’t use the tanning spray? I

Chantel
    August 26, 2013 at 7:57 am

Cara, my jaw literally DROPPED when I saw that first after photo. Job well done, Mama!

Dawn
    August 26, 2013 at 8:00 am

WOW! I’d love to hear about your brother’s reaction.

Lanie
    August 26, 2013 at 8:07 am

Amazing! Can u do a tutorial on the hair part? Big fan!

Nikki
    August 26, 2013 at 8:08 am

Just beautiful!!! She looks absolutely amazing and so natural!!! I’ve been writing down so many of the products that you’ve been using!! I love playing with makeup!

Rachel
    August 26, 2013 at 8:09 am

Ok, I LOVE this makeover! She is beautiful! It would be awesome if you did a whole family series, lol (which you’ve already sort of begun, with the ones of your sister, mom, and now sister-in-law- and you’ve probably done other makeovers that we haven’t seen)! And can I just say that I have also had remarkable customer service with Zappos. They really do everything they can to give you perfect and speedy service.

Pink Haired Princess
    August 26, 2013 at 8:09 am

You never fail to amaze me with these makeovers. I agree, she was gorgeous before, that hair, those teeth-perfect! Absolutely stunning after. How brill is that on the shoes? Can’t see any company doing that here (UK)!

Melissa
    August 26, 2013 at 8:19 am

Totally changed her look! She looks a little like Stacy Kiebler. Her hair is a perfect ombrΓ© and curious does everyone you know have think gorgeous hair, cause that’s all I have seen? Surely you need a friend with thin, lifeless hair…ok I can fill that role πŸ˜‰

Alyssa
    August 26, 2013 at 8:24 am

I literally gasped out loud when I saw the “after” shots! holy smokes, she looks like a celebrity!!! If I ever get to 5 kids I want to look as hot as her. Sharing on fb! πŸ™‚

claire
    August 26, 2013 at 8:30 am

whoa doesnt even look like the same person! amazing! wow, you do hair as well?!

Mandi
    August 26, 2013 at 8:31 am

Wow! Nice work. She looks gorgeous before and after. Debra, you are beautiful! Congrats on your 5th and many blessings to you as you raise all 5 AND keep your sanity! πŸ™‚ I hope you enjoyed your time with Cara!

Kristin
    August 26, 2013 at 8:39 am

Wow Cara your makeovers are amazing!!! Can you please do a step by step with a close up on the eye. I’ve tried to recreate your eye makeup it but I’m not so talented with makeup and it never looks right. I would love to have this look. You’re sister in law was and now looks even more beautiful. Amazing, your makeovers make Mondays more fun!

Also when are your products coming out? I’ll be first in line!
    Thanks!

Becca
    August 26, 2013 at 8:45 am

Wow! She is stunning!!!! I’m amazed at how much HAC’ing transformed the shape of her nose. You are so talented. I am just blown away at 1) how beautiful she is with absolutely NO makeup on 2) that she has had 5 kids. She is HOTT!!! 3) how even more gorgeous you made her and 4) her HAIR! OMG! I want her hair! What you did to her hair is my favorite part of this makeover. It’s so beautiful.

Jessi
    August 26, 2013 at 8:58 am

AMAZING!!!!!
    and, uh, pics of the shoes too, please!!!!
    also, interested to hear more about the vinegar/purple food coloring. I use purple shampoo already, but is this a better/cheaper alternative????
    Love your blog so much. Thanks!

Laura
    August 26, 2013 at 9:18 am

Cara when r u coming out w ur products !? I am DYING waiting!!! :))))

Brenda
    August 26, 2013 at 9:34 am

All i can say is WOW!! Cara you need your own Salon!!

Desi
    August 26, 2013 at 9:37 am

Whoa she looks 10 years younger and like a different person!

Katie Borchardt
    August 26, 2013 at 9:46 am

Cara, I know you are super busy but if you have a second to answer this question I would be forever grateful!! I also swear by Toma’s self-tanner both in the bottle and in the spray can. In many of your posts you say that you used the spray to tan up your clients’ faces, but it says to let it dry for hours and then wash it off – which washes it all off as I’m sure you know. If I do spray it on and wait a few minutes for it to dry and then try to apply my makeup over it, my face feels a little greasy/shiny and it smears all around and turns my fingertips brown. PLEASE tell me if I am doing something wrong or right or what your tricks are??? LOVE YA!!!

Elizabeth
      August 26, 2013 at 10:03 am

I have the same question Katie. Thanks for asking!

Becky H
      August 27, 2013 at 6:29 am

I’m wondering the same thing with the Tomas spray tan. You use it all the time, but do you let it dry a few minutes, a few hours…?
      Also, you seem to use Nars in Stromboli for so many different makeovers. I noticed they all have different skin tones, so was wondering if this is a forgiving color or if it matters that you’re putting the spray tan underneath and it works off of those tones. Would love more info on this since it’s used so much. Thanks so much!

Becky H
      August 27, 2013 at 6:30 am

I’m wondering the same thing as above comments with the Tomas spray tan. You use it all the time, but do you let it dry a few minutes, a few hours…?

Alexandra
    August 26, 2013 at 9:47 am

This. Is. AMAZING! You are so talented!!

Erin
    August 26, 2013 at 9:59 am

She looks amazing. I have the same problem I have a very thin face, so sometimes I have trouble contouring. I can’t wait for the video.

Chessa
    August 26, 2013 at 10:09 am

Wow! That was an amazing b&a!! She didn’t even look like the same person (don’t mean that in a bad way..). Great makeover to bring out all her beautiful features!!

Jamie
    August 26, 2013 at 10:10 am

I have a Ledger! He is ten. I have only heard of one other than mine. She is beautiful and must be smart if she likes the name Ledger.

Ashley
    August 26, 2013 at 10:13 am

OMG she looks like a million bucks! Definately 15 years younger! Beautiful soft and natural look πŸ™‚

<3Ash
    profoundlyash.blogspot.com

Pretty Proof (@PrettyProof)
    August 26, 2013 at 10:16 am

Wow! Subtle makeup but what a dramatic difference! She looks fantastic!

emscriv
    August 26, 2013 at 10:16 am

Cara! Seriously, you work magic with your make up! I wish you were still in Arizona!

Carissa DeAnn
    August 26, 2013 at 10:22 am

:: come on!!! one of my fav post yet!!! Cara, you got some talent girl!! I just got back from a 12 week missions trip in the Phillipines & I can’t tell you how ready I am to feel girly once again!! … Here’s to the next few days worshiping Maskcara!!! Much love!!!

Stacy
    August 26, 2013 at 10:23 am

What a great makeover. She looks so glamorous.

Nury
    August 26, 2013 at 10:27 am

She looks stunning! I love her hair too!

Lisa
    August 26, 2013 at 10:46 am

OMG!!! She looks ten years younger!!!! Beautiful!! I need to start wearing make-up!!!

Lauren
    August 26, 2013 at 10:49 am

Can you please write a blog post about creating the DIY purple toner for blonde hair? I love that you created one for Debra – her color looks refreshed and beautiful! Love the makeover! she’s beyond gorgeous.

Sharon Cullen
    August 26, 2013 at 10:55 am

I’ve scrolled this like 10 times. I can’t believe the difference. And she seriously does NOT look like she has five kids.

Sarah Fitch
    August 26, 2013 at 10:58 am

i think this is my favorite of all your makeovers. she is just lovely.

azrakun
    August 26, 2013 at 11:03 am

WOW… that looks like a totally different person…

Sandra
    August 26, 2013 at 11:05 am

What a hot momma! She best be careful … her hubby will be tempted to try for baby #6! :-0

tardarsausage
    August 26, 2013 at 11:09 am

wow Cara!!!! what an amazing transformation…of course, she is a beautiful lady but the make-up is just perfect for her!!! Incredible!

Laurence
    August 26, 2013 at 11:11 am

Unbelievable! You did an absolutely amazing job, Cara! Oh how I wish you lived near me!!!

Suzan
    August 26, 2013 at 11:23 am

Wooow!

charlotte
    August 26, 2013 at 11:29 am

Holy @#$%!

My dear you need your own salon where you do nothing but makeovers. You will have so many customers you won’t know what to do with yourself. You do amazing things with such little product.. they all look so natural when you are finished.. and that is sooo rare. You are a true artist.

I studied her photos for quite a while trying to figure out what changed the entire shape of her face, and while the contouring helped I think it’s the bangs. Something so simple made such a huge difference.

Her eyes are amazing, you just can’t stop staring at them.

Nancy
    August 26, 2013 at 11:30 am

Beautiful!

Isa
    August 26, 2013 at 11:41 am

Hi, I just discovered your blog (writing from Belgium), I am really amazed by your make overs ! This one is particularly amazing , it’s almost like a different person ! Beautiful ! Cheers

Shiloh Barkley
    August 26, 2013 at 11:46 am

Zappos is awesome!

Susan
    August 26, 2013 at 11:49 am

Um…AMAZING! She looks like a movie star. Honestly you do fantastic work. I am always saying “WOW!” Even my husband is amazed when he sees your makeovers. You have true talent.

Blair
    August 26, 2013 at 11:49 am

Looks amazing, great job! I would also like some more information on the highlights and vinegar and purple food coloring! Thanks πŸ™‚

Becky
    August 26, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Holy cow Cara!!! What Charlotte said times 1,000!!!!!! When is the mascara salon opening up?!?!?
    I would also love to know about the food coloring+ACV and would luuurv to know about contouring for long faces with prominent nose, I too have one.;). Beautiful on Debra!

Courtney
    August 26, 2013 at 12:15 pm

The makeover makes her beautiful eyes really pop! I can’t believe she has five kids and has the time to keep her hair that long and pretty. My fave makeover I’ve seen.

Glorya
    August 26, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Cara, I want you to do my make up!! Amazing. Your sister-in-law looks Gorgeous. I almost didn’t recognize her. You made her look like a completely different woman who is amazing looking. Her hubby must have loved that new look. And what I especially admired is that her make up looks natural. I am playing alot with all the make up suggestions you give, as well as other, and well my make up looks better, I haven’t been able to achieve that natural beauty look. Please share my compliments with your sister-in-law – she deserved that afternoon of pampering. My sister have 5 grown children. I remember when they were small, yes, she barely had time for herself, it’s an all consuming job. Cara, your an artist, I applaud your skills/talents/vision. Warmest, Glorya

Cait
    August 26, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Wow! She’s absolutely gorgeous! I love the color of her eyes, and the tan really brightened her up. Two questions- 1. Why did you use a setting spray and not your usual primer? 2- What shades do you use for the True Match when you HAC. I have really pale cool tones skin and I can’t figure out which shade to go with.

Glorya
    August 26, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Cara, I keep looking at her before and after pictures. She looks simply stunning. You are a true artist. When you come back to NYC, I want to see you, serious. At my age, I still get confused about my skin color, what foundation to use, colors, color for contouring. I am doing the hit & miss beauty thang…as well as following your suggestions. Love your work. With makeup your sister-in-law reminds me of my mother who passed away last Dec.24th. Of course this is when my mother was young cause she also has a long face. You are completely amazing. Warmest. Or in Spanish, I say, “Besos & Abrazos.” Kisses and Hugs.

Juvy
    August 26, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Amazing makeup!

Rachel
    August 26, 2013 at 12:53 pm

That is amazing. She looks so gorgeous!! I want a makeover like that!! I’ll bet her husband loved seeing her walk through the door. She has awesome eyes by the way. It’s called Sectoral Heterochromia; I have it in one eye too!!

reese27
    August 26, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Whoa, that is one smokin’ mama!! Great job. Date night! πŸ˜‰

Chely
    August 26, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Ummmm….she just gave birth?….to number five?! Wow. She looks good for five. And, she was a sun worshipper? Ya can’t even tell! Amazing skin. So tell me how did you do this purple food coloring and vinegar mix? What would you do to get brassiness out of brunette hair? I would appreciate it if you would tell us this awesome secret of yours! She looks amazing Cara. Ya gotta gift girl.

Chely
    August 26, 2013 at 1:46 pm

P.S. where are the shoes you mentioned about?

melinda
    August 26, 2013 at 1:56 pm

love it!! What color of lip gloss did you use on top of the lip stick?

Daisy
    August 26, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I am simply amazed at the power of makeup. Stunning before and after!

Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen
    August 26, 2013 at 2:45 pm

She looks like Kristin Wiig after her makeover. Soooooooo beautiful. And man that hair……

Taylor
    August 26, 2013 at 3:03 pm

This makeover seriously blows my mind. The difference is crazy. I didn’t know you did hair! What kind of placement did you use for her highlights? It’s like the most subtle ombre and is so beautiful.

Aimee
    August 26, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Bow chika waa wow! Oh me oh my, she’s absolutely gorgeous! I’d love to know what you could do with my face…..

Abby
    August 26, 2013 at 3:48 pm

This makeover belongs in a magazine- no joke.

Joni
    August 26, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Oh. my. heck! What a fantastic makeover…can I please be next?
    Awesomeness!

Kat
    August 26, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Gorgeous before and even more beautiful afterward ! I have ZERO children and don’t look that great!!

laurelonthegulf
    August 26, 2013 at 5:26 pm

WOW! Beautiful! What an amazing make over! Can you please explain the vinegar and purple food coloring. I have blonde hair and would love to know this trick!

β™₯Jasmineβ™₯
    August 26, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Oh my gosh! she is beautiful, her eyes are stunning gorgeous. Amazing job Cara (as always) & thanks for investing so much time on this amazing blog.

Erin Barrow
    August 26, 2013 at 6:34 pm

WOW!!!!! Was she surprised when she saw herself??? Gorgeous!!!! Fabulous job Cara!!!

Gwen
    August 26, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Holy cow! You’re right, she’s so beautiful in the before pics, but the after just makes her look so polished and just stunning!

jaytothehay
    August 26, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Holy crap! she was beautiful before but after she is a bombshell!! —and wait …what what? You toned her hair with apple cider vinegar and purple food coloring..???? I need to know more about this…

erika dupont
    August 26, 2013 at 7:14 pm

WOW!! The power of makeup is seriously amazing! If i saw her walking down the street after that makeover I would not think, even for a second, she had 5 KIDS! She looks like a VS Supermodel…for real.

Danielle Johnson
    August 26, 2013 at 7:34 pm

She is so,so gorgeous before and after! A-mazing! She really looks phenomenal, you did such a beautiful job Cara πŸ™‚

kari
    August 26, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Absolutely stunning! The biggest transformation! I literally dropped my jaw when I saw her makeover. And may I say she has such gorgeous clear skin, amazing eye color and long hair don’t care??
    Cara. I want you to do my wedding makeup. I mean, nevermind the fact that I’m totally single right now, but when I get married, I’m so calling you. Or e-mailing you.

Chelsea
    August 26, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Could you elaborate on the apple cider vinegar/purple food colouring? πŸ™‚

Cara
      August 26, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Yes, I’ll do a post about it this week so I can explain it in detail!

Chelsea
        August 28, 2013 at 7:13 am

Thank you! You are awesome.

Megan
    August 26, 2013 at 8:14 pm

wow. Your sister in law is gorgeous!! Lucky man, your brother. My jaw dropped when I kept scrolling and my exact response (in yell form) was “holy mother f***er!!”

Cara
      August 26, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Hahahaha you totally cracked me up!

Malaena
    August 26, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Maybe you have answered this question before but what glue do you use for the fake eyelashes? Also, compared to having eyelash extensions (if money wasn’t an issue) which do you like better and why?

She looks beautiful!!!!!

Cara
      August 26, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Great question! 1. I use duo glue in clear (the black always drives me nuts!) and for me I prefer temporary strips to lash extensions. The reason being, I am nervous about the damage extensions can cause and I don’t love the cost and time it takes to get them filled. The big perk to having them is that you look pretty made up right out of bed which is really nice. For a long time I went back and forth on this but when I grew out my last pair I was really worried about my lash loss. Don’t want to have no lashes in 10 years! …sorry for the novel, this should probably be explained in a post!

completepackagemama
    August 26, 2013 at 10:08 pm

H O L Y C O W!!!! She is so pretty before but the after is so stunning. She looks like a super model. So feminine and sexy and took 10-15 years off her with the way you did her make-up. What a knock out!

Lauren
    August 26, 2013 at 11:01 pm

She is gorgeous! But what I’m wondering is if you flipped the “before” image? On the “Makeover Monday” picture the eye on the left is half hazel/half blue and the after picture below it has the eye on the right being half hazel. Not that it matters at all, just a random observation!

Cara
      August 26, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Wow! Good eye! I totally did so that you could see the direct comparison better, she tilted her head the other direction in all of her afters!

Glorya
    August 27, 2013 at 1:28 am

Hi Cara, I was looking though EBay’s make up section and I noted many of the beauty product you recommend on there for sale, at a discount. For example, the blush you used on your sister-in-law, I put a bid on it for the price of $6.50. There are many different items. I saw the Mama Juana bronzer…it’s Mama something going for $8.00 bidding price. If you haven’t taken a look – try it out. I had to leave that section as I’d start bidding on all kinds of make up and run my bill too high. Please tell me what you think. I was suspicious that the stuff might be phony. Yet the sellers say no. Hope to hear from you. Besos & Abrazos. Glorya

Maria
    August 27, 2013 at 1:31 am

Already so many good comments to read before mine, but I just couldn’t resist the urge to say that you are genius and i love this makeover maybe more then all the rest before seen here.

Dani
    August 27, 2013 at 1:44 am

Best one yet she must have felt like a gazillion dollars! x

Hani
    August 27, 2013 at 2:23 am

wow i was so shocked to see the after photo!! she looks 10 years younger!
    and its such subtle make up…really nice!:)
    not that she wasnt goodlooking before but the difference was huge…she looks like a country artist hehe πŸ™‚

Anna
    August 27, 2013 at 5:42 am

Un – effing – believable! Did her husband recognize her?
    I absolutely love your style! You know when something transitions from a mere job to art when it appears to be simple and effortless. You are an artist.

Brittany
    August 27, 2013 at 5:52 am

Cara your amazing ! I am so happy I stumbled upon your site. Debra looks incredible, such gorgous hair also.

Jessica
    August 27, 2013 at 6:01 am

What is the pink lip gloss you use? Always looking for that pretty petal pink color. I think it would look nice on my fair skin and blonde hair? Any recommendations?.

the makerista
    August 27, 2013 at 7:23 am

what a beautiful transformation! I have very similar hair to hers, and it’s amazing how much better it looks curled. It’s just sometimes taking the time to do it, especially as a stay at home mom. πŸ™‚

I always love these makeovers!

Isabel
    August 27, 2013 at 7:34 am

This is gorgeous! I can see what you mean when you insist that good make-up compliments the already beautiful features of a person’s face: her eyes are incredibly beautiful in colour and her face is sculptured very nicely. HAC-ing really pops out her cheebones! Truely, a wonderful job you did here! And yes, I want her hair as well!!

Janie (@fortunefavors11)
    August 27, 2013 at 7:57 am

I didn’t really notice her eyes were so gorgeous until the after pictures. They are just literally STUNNING. Absolutely gorgeous. Love her long hair too πŸ™‚

Kari
    August 27, 2013 at 10:40 am

WOW! I am a long time follower, but I haven’t commented before. I had to write and say how amazing you are! She was pretty before, but the makeover makes her look ten years younger and so natural. I seriously am thinking that my friends and I need to book a plan ticket to have you do our makeup!!!

MissMakarena
    August 27, 2013 at 10:55 am

She’s sooo sexy!!

Hayley Grade
    August 27, 2013 at 11:04 am

Her EYES!! The color is amazing and of course you did an incredible job of putting them on display! I love it all!
    x,Hayley

Claire
    August 27, 2013 at 11:30 am

Her eyes are amazing!

Monica
    August 27, 2013 at 11:32 am

Please share your toning secrets! Food color? Scary! You are amazing.

Sarah
    August 27, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Cara, is there a MAC shade you’d recommend for brows on a redhead??? Brun is wayyyy too taupe for me. I usually use Anastasia in Strawburn, but would like to try a simpler shadow, since I only use the lighter half of the Anastasia!

Steph
    August 27, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I have super oily skin. I have nars stay matte currently, but it doesn’t blend well or stay well on my skin. What would you recommend?

Jennifer
    August 27, 2013 at 3:35 pm

WHAT??! That is GORGEOUS. I’ve got 2 kids and somehow find myself putting concealer and mascara on in the car on the way to work every morning. And I have a big black case of makeup at home just begging to be used! Thanks, this pic gives me hope. πŸ™‚

Megan M.
    August 27, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Wow, she looks stunning! And I love love love her natural eye color!

I’m also intrigued by your ACV/food coloring trick but I assume it only works on blondes… do you have a similar trick for brunettes? My hair is naturally very dark brown but it’s starting to look ashy/washed out in some places, if that makes any sense.

Caroline
    August 27, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Absolutely stunning. This has made me want to change the way that I apply my make up. I have recently used eyelash fibres which are great and really do lengthen your lashes. Perfect for special occassions.

Cathryn
    August 27, 2013 at 4:26 pm

wait…. so some girl in your building stole your shoes?

marleina
    August 27, 2013 at 4:29 pm

This is absolutely amazing!

Erin
    August 27, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Oh my gosh. Every single time I read one of these posts (and they’re definitely my favorites), I think, “no way would this be better than the last one,” and every one just leaves my jaw wide open and I am completely floored. I have never seen anyone with the amazing talent that you have. She looks fantastic!

Lauren
    August 27, 2013 at 5:11 pm

She looks un-freakin-believable. This might be my favorite Makeover Monday so far. And I agree with your sentiments towards Zappos. I’ve been on the receiving end of their fantastic customer service multiple times.

Romy
    August 27, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Cara, I’ve been a huge fan of yours ever since I found about your blog but I’ve never commented. This time though, I really had to. Holy shit, this has got to be my favorite make over so far! She looks ah-ma-zing. It’s incredible what the RIGHT kind of make-up can do. Cara, there are no adectives to fully express how completely and utterly gifted you are.

Miss Bad
    August 27, 2013 at 6:18 pm

The difference between a gorgeous person without makeup and a hot MILF! (saying this with total respect)
    She really didn’t need a makeover, she’s already a gorgeous mommy : ))

Kasey Tolbert
    August 27, 2013 at 6:35 pm

This is definitely the BEST makeover I’ve ever seen!! She’s absolutely stunning.

Priscilla
    August 27, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Wow! I love your makeovers, she looks absolutely stunning. I am a light brown toned color & noticed you don’t have any makeovers in that shade. I guess I need to book me an appt makeover then!

Alexandra
    August 27, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Please make a tutorial of how you make your own make up products. πŸ™‚

Ashley
    August 27, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Whaaaat?! She’s beautiful to begin with, but that makeover was epic! You took off a lot of years with just the eyebrows alone. Great job! Can I throw out that she looks like Kristin Wiig? Yes.

Brielle
    August 27, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Awesome! I can really see the difference. The eyes and lashes plus the hairstyle added up on your simple but gorgeous look. Love it! πŸ™‚

Laura
    August 27, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I might have shouted “WHAT!” when I saw this makeover. AMAZING! Best makeover yet. I am blown away. You seriously are a great make up artist!

Zara
    August 27, 2013 at 9:51 pm

WOW she looks like a completely different person. Amazing makeover

Meghan
    August 28, 2013 at 1:08 am

WOW… I’d love to see a video of this makeover! I have a thin face as well and want to see the differences.

Faith Kroto
    August 28, 2013 at 3:18 am

You did an absolutely beautiful makeup job on your sister in law and made her into a stunning individual. I just started following your blog which I truly enjoy and this old cosmetologist has learned a bunch of new little tips! Thank you…..

Sarah
    August 28, 2013 at 5:32 am

What a fabulous makeover. Her eyes are AMAZING!!! She is a pretty lady but your makeover framed her face beautifully and made her stunning eye colour pop. Great work. I share your blog all the time – it has been a godsend for me as after 13 years in the Australian Army (I joined right out of school) I had no idea how to put on makeup. Now I wear it almost daily in my new job and all my friends ask me if I have been watching your blogs (mostly because I never shut up about you!), especially when I try out some new skills. Thank you so much

Rae
    August 28, 2013 at 10:51 am

The eyebrow tweak along made a HUUUUGe difference. Whenever I see you on my reader feed, immediately I think of eyebrows.

Bre B.
    August 28, 2013 at 11:03 am

Have you done a post about the toning with ACV and purple food coloring? If not I would LOVE to hear more about that!

Julie
    August 28, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I love Makeover Monday posts! I never get tired of reading your descriptions of how you got the look.

Sophie
    August 28, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Omg I think this is your best one yet!! I watched an Oprah episode about Zappos once and they are a pretty cool company. They don’t have private offices and their focus is customer service!

Kelly
    August 29, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Oh my goodness, absolutely AMAZING! She looks stunning! Can I be next?

xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

US Blogs: Maskcara | bemebeyoubeauty
    August 30, 2013 at 8:38 am

[…] here to see how Cara did it. […]

torontoShopoholic (@toShopoholic)
    August 30, 2013 at 12:38 pm

This is so fantastic! She seriously looks like 2 different people. Posts like this make me wish I put on my “face” daily πŸ™‚

Betsy
    September 1, 2013 at 5:59 am

I NEED the video for this! My fave is long and narrow also but she looks amazing! I’d like more info on the HAC-ing part of this! Beautiful work!

Katie Huff (@KatLoui)
    September 3, 2013 at 11:51 am

WOW! Her eyes are like nebulae! So gorgeous!

Tami
    September 3, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I agree about her eyes. I had to do the side-by-side because I couldn’t believe it was the same person. She is so pretty before (very granola-y) but she looks AMAZING afterwards.

Becky
    September 4, 2013 at 10:08 pm

I keep going back to this makeover. I can’t believe it’s the same person! I’ve shown it to several people. It’s truly amazing what a good haircut and color and makeup can do. Its like what paint & furniture can do for a room. Magic! You really know your stuff.

casipants1
    September 5, 2013 at 10:08 am

Wow!!! She should model. Seriously. So gorgeous! Those eyes are amazing! Nice job Cara.

Xavi
    September 18, 2013 at 7:43 am

She’s a beautiful woman, but the makeover just makes her look amazing. Cara you are truly talented.

Libby Patton
    September 18, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I love the changes in her hair, but prefer the before makeup look. So pretty – love her freckles!

Emalee
    September 18, 2013 at 9:04 pm

um can you make over me??? I have 8 kids ten and under though, so that might be a tough job!

JessiMarie
    September 22, 2013 at 10:28 am

Your sis in law is a beautiful woman both before and after. What a glowing transformation. Now…will you make me over, please? πŸ™‚

usmcbaby
    September 26, 2013 at 4:43 am

Wow she looks ten years younger!!!

Heidi
    October 25, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Cara- ok, I know I am late with this (just found this post) but this has to be the best transformation EVA girl! She is a beautiful woman but when you put the make up on her- unbelievable. She had to be thrilled!

Aprl
    November 1, 2013 at 4:51 pm

You are gorgeous! I bet your husband followed you around like a lost puppy all night!

november
    November 5, 2013 at 7:47 am

Amazing! You are an artist Cara πŸ™‚ and in the 7th picture she looks like Heidi Klum!

Haley W.
    November 15, 2013 at 12:43 pm

You are so amazing! She is so beautiful and damn she looks good! πŸ™‚

esther
    November 16, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Wow! Great Job.

Alison
    November 26, 2013 at 5:27 pm

the transformation is incredible! you do GREAT work!!
    SO excited for your make up line to come out!

Michelle Hagewood
    December 3, 2013 at 6:18 pm

I saw this on Pinterest and thought “there’s no way that’s the same person!” She looks years younger. Now head on over to Indiana and show me your tricks!!!!

Andrea
    December 3, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Love it! So beautiful! I need a mommy makeover from you too!!!

Dria
    December 3, 2013 at 6:25 pm

WOW! Stunning πŸ™‚

Candy Mersdorf
    December 3, 2013 at 11:43 pm

THIS BLEW ME AWAY!! wow!

Stephanie
    February 8, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Did you use the IIID Medium for HAC? I think I would be around her skin tone (maybe not as light as the before) but I wanted to make sure before I committed to the wrong tone πŸ™‚ BEAUTIFUL job!! (Hope nobody asked this above.. I checked but I could’ve missed it)

Boni
    February 10, 2014 at 9:52 pm

I have always been mesmerized by makeovers ever since I was a teen, so this has been a lot of fun! I also enjoyed the “makeunder” of the one gal who went from a pale matte look with her deep lip color to the rosey cheeked shiny lighter lip color and lovely splay of freckles peeking through! What a beautiful shimmery healthier look for her. Your transformations of these women are like being hypnotized with a shiny beautiful object. So hard to stop admiring! Your work is spectacular, Miss Cara. When people look better they feel better about themselves, which raises their self esteem and even improves their mental/emotional health.

Boni
    February 11, 2014 at 2:37 pm

“…I HOPE I STILL HAVE MY VANITY. Caring about your appearance is very life-affirming for yourself, and for others too. After all, they have to look at you.” – Simon Doonan, creative ambassador at large for Barneys New York. March issue of Glamour magazine, 2014′.

Boni
    February 11, 2014 at 2:44 pm

That was a quote in answer to the question ” What do you hope to have accomplished by the time you are 75 years old?” by Glamour magazine in honor of the magazine turning 75 this year on March 3rd.

Wendy SA
    March 26, 2014 at 3:31 am

Holy Polony!
    What a make-over! In my humble opinion, one of your best!
    You completely transformed her and she looks amazing!
    WoW!!!!

Emily
    April 3, 2014 at 9:22 am

NO WAY! She looks amazing! She sure was easy to work with being that naturally beautiful πŸ™‚ Awesome work!

AJ
    May 15, 2014 at 2:47 pm

WOW! That looks like two totally different women! If I saw the before and after pics separately I would never have though it was the same person. That is an amazing transformation.

Video makeover – Debra | Maskcara
    September 24, 2014 at 5:02 pm

[…] is My SIL Debra, you may remember her from THIS post. She’s a mom of 5 with one on the way so we felt it was really important that she have an […]

Eryn
    March 26, 2015 at 1:52 pm

You are so talented!! She is a beautiful mama with the prettiest eyes!

Marie
    April 1, 2015 at 1:05 pm

The thing I love most about this makeover is not only did she get a beautiful new look, but you can also see in her body language but she has new confidence as well! Isn’t that what this is all about anyway!?! Awesome!

Photos That Prove How Much Makeup Can Completely Transform People