Makeup Makeup Products

The Video

"No Makeup" makeup

This look is SO easy.
It requires almost no precision, not many products and probably under 5 minutes of your day.
Just like you but with a little color, perfect lighting, less under eye circles and more brow and lash hair.
If you just look like that when you wake up, congratulations!… this tutorial means nothing to you.
If you do not, congratulations! With this tutorial, no one else will know the difference:)

WARNING:
I tried doing this video with music and no talking. For most tutorials this wouldn’t work but since this one was really simple I thought it would be fun to try something different.
Don’t worry if you don’t like it though, I don’t think I’ll do it for most videos.

I used:

Stilla Illuminating Beauty Balm
Tarte Cheekstain in Flush
Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Natural
MAC Eyeshadow in Omega (for contouring) and Brun (for brows)
Loreal Gel Liner in Blackest Black
Benefit They’re Real Mascara
Clinique Even Better Concealer in Buttermilk
NYX Lip Pencil in Nude Truffle
Benefit Watt’s Up Illuminator

71 Comments

Pennyp
    August 19, 2013 at 4:34 am

Awh… it is sooo good to “see” you again! Of course the video is great!!! I really need to learn to do that kind of eye liner…… The thought of it kind of freaks me out! Looking forward to the video when you talk to us. You always have some tidbit or funny thought or tip that I love! Has Allure posted one of your videos yet? I couldn’t find one. THANKS!

Katie
      August 20, 2013 at 9:36 am

I agree with Penny, this video was cool but I miss you talking and sharing your tips and life!

Monica Spender
    August 19, 2013 at 4:37 am

Excellent!!!! thank you! 🙂

Conny
    August 19, 2013 at 4:39 am

like we say here in germany : WUNDERBAR !!!! Cara, you are the best !!!!

Rebecca
    August 19, 2013 at 4:56 am

Gorgeous, but can you recommend some more affordable products as well?inhave a mix of department store and drug store in my makeup bag,

Lynn
    August 19, 2013 at 4:58 am

You are incredibly talented! Even looking at the before-and-after of your nose alone is amazing!

Annika /Sweden
    August 19, 2013 at 5:01 am

You look fab! My promise this fall is to try to use less make up in terms of coverage. Maybe give BB cream a try instead of covering up my skin with Id Bare Minerals.

Melanie
    August 19, 2013 at 5:10 am

Like it, thanks for sharing!

Jody
    August 19, 2013 at 5:24 am

Thank you for the great video!! Please do more.

Deegan
    August 19, 2013 at 5:27 am

OMG LOVE IT! I get so super excited for videos! I love that you on.y used a couple products and got such a beautiful look, sometimes I put way too much product on and think O look good and just look cakey (ugh!). Thank you Cara for your wonderful and inspiring videos and congratulations on becoming an Allure contributor.

Stacy
    August 19, 2013 at 5:46 am

You are soo cute! Love the video and appreciate all you do for the beauty illiterate like me! 🙂
    Someday I will visit you for a makeover! It’s on my wish list of things to do in the near future. Or, if you’re ever in the Philly area… 😉

Mags
    August 19, 2013 at 6:04 am

Great video as always. What do you think of watts up? I got a free sample and really like it. Do you think it’s worth purchasing the full size?

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    August 19, 2013 at 6:19 am

Thanks 🙂

Ann
    August 19, 2013 at 6:22 am

What a great video! Thank you so much!!!

Christy @ Sparkles & Spinach
    August 19, 2013 at 6:29 am

You are SO pretty!!! =) Love all your posts! This one is amazing!

Paula
    August 19, 2013 at 6:41 am

Trying this today! Thanks for posting!!

Elizabeth
    August 19, 2013 at 7:22 am

Hey Cara! I noticed you are not using Bahama Mama for contouring lately and wonder if you just like these other products better? Thanks and the video was cute. Loved the little face you made at the end 🙂

Tammy
    August 19, 2013 at 7:28 am

I loved the video with music!!! Thank you for posting! I have been doing your secrets and I am constantly told my makeup looks good!! 🙂 So glad I found you!

Tara
    August 19, 2013 at 7:29 am

Hi! Love this video! 🙂 I cannot tight line, is there an alternative? Thanks!

Angie
    August 19, 2013 at 7:42 am

LOVE this!! I’m a stay at home mom and don’t like to get super made up but still like to look and feel pretty. Usually I do a variation of your “mommy makeup”. I did this one this morning and love it. Nice to have a new “neutral” look in my repertoire. Also I like hearing you talk in your videos but the music and subtitles was super fun too! You’re awesome Cara!! Time to go full my water bottle and get started on my 64 ounces!!

Brittany Debity Barker
    August 19, 2013 at 7:44 am

Love the video! I realize I am still struggling with eyebrows because mine certainly don’t “appear” like yours do. Also, that eye liner technique – no idea how to do that. I will definitely give it a go! Thanks for the great tutorial, as always!

kate
    August 19, 2013 at 7:48 am

amazing what a difference a few products & minutes can make! gorgeous. i was also wondering if u no longer use bahama mama?

Sara
    August 19, 2013 at 7:55 am

Hey Cara,
    So I haven’t upgraded my “basic set” and am still working with just the LORAC eye pallette. Which eye color do you think would best work with this look? I used the light bronze this morning when I tried the tutorial. It works fine, but I figured I’d ask.
    P.S. Went to a tarte event at ULTA and had a blast this weekend! I totally told the makeup artist your blog was the reason I was there – “see, there’s this blog and Cara totally loves your cheek stains and when I saw you were having an event, I just had to come…” Yea, I’m a dork, and a big fan!

Chantel
    August 19, 2013 at 7:56 am

I think this is one of my favorite videos of yours. It’s super simple, and I can watch while at work without missing what you’re saying! 🙂

Amanda
    August 19, 2013 at 7:56 am

I like when you talk in your videos too. What exactly is the technique for lining your eyes that way? Is it on your waterline? I love this look

Lindsay
    August 19, 2013 at 8:18 am

Great tutorial! Do you recommend a dupe for the Sephora 55 brush? I’m thinking this perhaps: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/brushes/single-brushes/complexion_brush#alsotolove or this: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/brushes/single-brushes/stipple_brush

What do you think?

Thanks!

Terri
    August 19, 2013 at 8:50 am

Love your videos! Keep ’em coming!! Still trying to find the right color for my brows….. They are thinning out 🙁

kjurasevich
    August 19, 2013 at 8:50 am

Simply, you are fabulous. Gorgeous and inspiring to try new things!

Genesis Flores
    August 19, 2013 at 9:25 am

You make it all look so easy! And then I try and well yeah… Great video i’ll be re-watching till I get it all down 🙂

Erin
      August 19, 2013 at 9:39 am

I loved it. Thank you for speeding it up. Usually my adult ADD kicks in and I get bored, but you held my attention and I learned things. Concealer after eh? What do you know? And was that a brush or pencil for the liner? You did it top and bottom inside? I love the Nyx lip gonna buy that today! Thank you again!

Emily
    August 19, 2013 at 9:37 am

I would love to see a video where you use all drugstore (i.e. CHEAP!!) products. I really can’t afford to buy most of the ones you usually use in videos and tutorials. Thanks! 🙂

Allison
    August 19, 2013 at 9:38 am

I like the music video! I think it would be good if you talked a bit and then did the music, no talking video but slowed down just a bit. I love this look!

caroline
    August 19, 2013 at 9:57 am

whoah! you put concealer on AFTER bronzer/blush etc??? doesn’t it cake/hide what you’ve worked on?

Emily R.
      August 19, 2013 at 11:43 am

I think she uses the concealer after as a highlighter- down the center of her nose, on her chin, and the pie piece shaped section under her eyes. I’m sure you could conceal any blemishes first, then bronzer/blush, followed by concealer for the highlighted areas.

Maya
    August 19, 2013 at 10:37 am

Awesome video…..love it more when you talk though…it’s your personality that I miss

Jessica
    August 19, 2013 at 10:37 am

I love love your blog!!! I am a make-up junkie and have three kids. I have a part-time job on the weekends..so during the week I like a “No make-up” look..but on the weekends I love to experiment with make-up!! I loved the look!!!

Karen
    August 19, 2013 at 10:44 am

You really are so talented. It really does look like “no makeup” and yet – you are really demonstrating the magic of well-done makeup! So many people don’t like to look “done up” but just want to look their best, and you have mastered it. As for music + subtitles + sped up video rather than speaking in real time – I like it! Very nice! Why not change it up sometimes.

Karen
    August 19, 2013 at 11:08 am

Thank you for another awesome video! Cara you are #1!

melissa
    August 19, 2013 at 11:23 am

You were looking a little Megan Foxish in this video. Love this it is totally a more realistic look for me who is a personal trainer/mom. I try to take away the “scary” face with a little makeup and this is perfect. NOW lets talk about that nail polish…it looks like one just bought from Essie called mochacino but I love the glitter going to have to have.

Laurence
    August 19, 2013 at 11:32 am

Awesome, Cara! This is absolutely perfect….

hayleyanngrade
    August 19, 2013 at 11:53 am

I love this! Definitely worth the wait. And something just a bit more realistic for my every day trip into work! Now I can save the fancy stuff for more important days and nights!
    x,Hayley

Leah
    August 19, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I love this look! Awesome for early mornings for school or work, especially when I don’t have much time or energy. Video turned out great, too, thank you!

nikkigotro
    August 19, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Awesome video! Love the look – this is something I have been wanting to work on for myself!

Lindsey B
    August 19, 2013 at 2:34 pm

LOVE the video! I think it was a great way to learn! Sometime too much info can be overwhelming! Can’t wait to try this for the few weddings I have to go to this fall 🙂

Lindsey
    Real Life Fabulous

Deborah Sacchi
    August 19, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I discovered your tutorials on another blog…don’t even remember which one! I love them. You are the first to show me how to use eyeliner on the inside line. It looks so good for day wear. Not so harsh and so natural. Thank you for the help! You should teach all women over 50 that trick!

Ida
    August 19, 2013 at 2:52 pm

This is so simple, yet amazingly changes the look!! Love it. Thank you Cara!

Alli
    August 19, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Cara, I love this!!

Do you always put concealer on after you apply your bronzer and blush?

Taylor
    August 19, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I’m wondering if you have any suggestions on a good concealer and bronzer for contouring for us acne prone gals? Any oil free or mineral products you like?? Thanks a lot! Totally obsessed with your blog now!!

Jodie Tighe
    August 19, 2013 at 5:23 pm

You are very, very talented, and I love your blog. What a fantastic job you did in this video! I love a no-makeup look. Thank you.
    Jodie

tbaver
    August 19, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Hurrah you’re back! I’ve missed your tutorials! This is a great look, it’s pretty much my routine most days 🙂

Meg
    August 19, 2013 at 5:53 pm

This is just what I’ve been looking for! And I own most of those products (or similar) already! Thanks for the info!!!

Lisa
    August 19, 2013 at 6:10 pm

i loved the video but i do like to hear you talk too… you are so funny! I wonder if you could do a video for a square shaped face and deep set eyes, no matter where i put my blush it always looks wrong. My eyes are a whole nother problem.. keep em coming!

Kristina
    August 19, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I love this! Can you post a picture of different samples of the contouring you use? Maybe brush it on your forehand so that we can see the differences? I can’t decide which one to get!

madeline
    August 19, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Would you do a tutorial on tight-lining? I can’t figure it out for the life of me! Thanks for the vid!

michelle
    August 19, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Gorgeous!! Any suggestions for tight lining to help with the smear of product to the lower water line? I like tight line, but don’t really like liner on my lower water line and if I put any liner on my water line I like white/ivory to make my eyes look bigger and when I tight line it just ends up transferring

kiersten m
    August 20, 2013 at 6:05 am

i tried this look yesterday and i am in love! thanks so much for posting this super easy video! i loved it!

Katy
    August 20, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I was recently referred to your blog and I love your posts, even as someone who is fairly well versed in makeup (if I do say so myself, ha!) I love all your looks and started making some adjustments to my own routine and added quite a few of your tips and product recommendations, everything has worked really well! The one thing i was just wondering was why you don’t set your makeup with loose powder or powder in general?? Any particular reason? My whole life I’ve been using loose powder and been setting my makeup with it, but do I not need to? P.s. I love your drugstore make up recommendations. I can feel confident buying it even though i can’t try it on, which is why I never bought it before.

stephiabellan
    August 20, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I love this look! I have recently been trying to find ways to wear my makeup more naturally and sort of step out of my comfort zone… And I must say this is amazing it looks flawless yet so carefree!! 🙂

AJ
    August 21, 2013 at 12:50 am

Ok, how do you not have any under eye circles/color?! So lucky :). I have been really ill for over a year and that is one thing I can’t seem to hide, no matter what.

sabrina
    August 21, 2013 at 9:04 am

You are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! I love you website so much!!

Jenn Eidenbrook
    August 21, 2013 at 9:35 am

I love that you started plain faced and showed every step and product. On other videos you note what you used for concealor, etc., but I am one of those who literally needs to see every single step. =-) Thank you for the videos, tips, and product suggestions!!

Catherine
    August 21, 2013 at 10:31 am

Love the video and transformation. You are one beautiful lady! I would love a list of the brushes you used as well.

Maryrose
    August 21, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Awesome video! Would love to see a slower version. I love love watching your makeup videos!!!

joanna
    August 21, 2013 at 11:57 pm

I agree, a list of blushes would be great!

Link: No Makeup Makeup by Maskcara | Being BigSis
    August 23, 2013 at 8:11 pm

[…] Follow this link to see Cara in action. […]

Sarah
    August 24, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Will you please share details on your latest shade of brown hair. What tone is the color on your hair…neutral, ash, or golden and what level color. brand info used would be helpful. It looks like there is more than one shade? Are you back to box color or professional? My brown hair is looking drab and I don’t know what direction to go in. Thanks for sharing

Briana
    September 7, 2013 at 7:13 am

I know you say use Mac eye shadow in Brun for filling in your eyebrows, but what if you have blonde hair and light eyebrows, what color Mac eye shadow would you suggest using?

Julie
    September 17, 2013 at 8:06 am

You’re so stinkin’ cute! I agree that I missed you talking, but appreciate you showing how easy this is. That is, if you have any idea what you’re doing!

I must say, I’ve been watching a lot of makeup tutorials lately and your’s are by far my favorite. You make things seem so doable. I’m 34 and have never worn makeup…except at prom, sister’s wedding, and my own wedding. Thanks for the beginners tutorial as well. I went out an purchased a couple of the items and will get the rest soon.

Keep being fabulous!

LMM
    October 7, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Hi Cara – I found you through Allure and have been compulsively reading your blog and watching your videos. Your instructions are clear and your tips and tricks work. Keep it up, I am a fan for life. This video is my favorite so far – perfect for this girl who has to be at her desk at 7 am.

Favorite Summer Beauty Products | Lana's Letters
    July 10, 2014 at 10:42 am

[…] I liked this picture example of No Makeup vs. ‘No Makeup’.  (And here’s her video of what she does – though I don’t even do this many steps & would recommend […]

Addie Olson
    March 14, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Are all the makeup tools you use in this video, like the concealer and such, for everyone’s use? or just your skin tone? or does it not matter? i’m new to the makeup world.