Friday Favorites My Favorites

Fabulous Friday Finds.

I lied about filming the video yesterday. Mostly cause Mandi showed up and totally took over my room and the hopes of dazzling finished offices in the background instead of boring nothings was enough to convince me to hold out.
So instead I have decided to distract you with my list of favorites from the Internets lately.

Holy cool, have you guys seen Sephora’s new Color IQ? Basically you go into Sephora and they check your skin color with this special light that tells you what your “color IQ” is. From then on whenever you want to buy foundation online you just jot in your color IQ and Sephora tells you what color would match your face in that particular formula. You can also look up your color IQ online by entering a foundation color that matches your perfectly now (but I think that one is less scientific:) I’m a 4y08 (with tanner of course otherwise I’m probably a 0GYV which stands for zero color except for some green and yellow undertones and a few veins showing through)

You may have noticed earlier this week I added a “Shop” button up on my menu. Here’s why: I am a member of RewardStyle, which is how I get commission from things I recommend that you guys buy if you buy it from my link (please DON’T EVER feel obligated to buy from my link, it’s a really small commission anyway and I don’t even buy from my link half the time cause I’m too impatient to wait for it to come in the mail:) Anyhow, when I log into my account with them they always have a list of “Popular Items” that other bloggers are recommending, on the front page. I love scrolling through that section and finding my own favorites so I thought I would share them. I’ll update it all the time so there’s something new and fun to look at in there.

This Batman tee is on that page. I loved it so much the first time I saw it but I was like 75 bucks?! Is that a joke? Then it went on sale and now it’s $44 and I still think that’s OUTRAGES for a T-shirt but my less responsible self keeps saying “It is on sale….”

I want this so bad. I LOVE catching dreams with my iphone case.

I love bacon humor.

Quiet is powerful - Spark

Have a fun weekend you guys! Don’t let Friday night distract you from your #soapboxchallenge 🙂

August 16, 2013 at 1:39 pm

“I Love Bacon Humor”.. is so completey random I died laughing! Thanks Cara! 😉

August 16, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Haha thanks:)

Judy H.
    August 16, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I am SO over bacon humor.

August 16, 2013 at 5:56 pm

haha yeah if I didn’t love bacon so much, I’d probably have gotten sick of it by now too:)

August 16, 2013 at 3:57 pm

“0GYV” – omg haha! Cara, you’re so fun and sweet and everything. I love the way you write, it’s so heart-warming and totally brightens up the day.

August 16, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Oh thank you so much for saying that Fanny! You totally brightened my day too.

August 16, 2013 at 5:23 pm

So sad, I was looking forward to a video. Love the makeup look.

August 16, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Oh man! I am so sorry! I promise to make it up to you with a really good video! I am so glad you love the makeup!

August 16, 2013 at 6:10 pm

The Bat Man tee is soo cool! I just bought one yesterday though from forever 21 for 14$! It almost looks the same, just no sleeves. You should get that instead! 🙂

August 16, 2013 at 7:03 pm

I cannot wait to see what Mandi does with your space! Ya’ll are two of my favorites 🙂

August 16, 2013 at 7:16 pm

That Bat T is too cute and great for fall, I think I may need it to go down a little more though.

August 16, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I had the color IQ done. I had 4 different brands and colors of foundation son I did it to get me focused of what was best.
    It was super easy and so cool to see all the different brands that are your match.
    I love your blog my favorite was the make over of your Mom.

Bridgette Acker
    August 16, 2013 at 8:09 pm

So I just got home from work (it’s 11:00pm in NY) and I washed my face and moisturized-yay! But lately I’ve been noticing slight dry, red and itchiness on the sides of my nose toward cheek bone and even up right by the inner corner of my eyes. It’s very discouraging as I’ve never had this problem in the past. I use the purity that you use Cara and the St. Ives moisturizer but maybe I need something else? Oh well, bedtime for now. Love your blog, it’s the only one I read every day!!

August 17, 2013 at 6:37 am

I’m ordering the bacon shirt right now! Also, I read your Wen posts and decided to just go ahead and order my first kit because, A) I never win anything…ever. B) You speak so highly of it. It came in yesterday (super fast shipping) and I’m anxious to try it this morning!

Jennifer S
    August 17, 2013 at 8:00 am

I did not know about the color IQ but that is genius! I don’t have a Sephora anywhere nearby, so I’ve been using drugstore foundation because I’m so bad at picking my color if it’s not right there! Next time I’m visiting family I’m going to do the color IQ so I can order online when I get home no problem!

August 17, 2013 at 2:24 pm

I found you recently on Pinterest, and just wanted to let you know i enjoy and look forward to your posts so much. Thanks for all the great makeup tips. I’m learning so much watching you, and I love the way you talk, just like a regular person i would feel completely comfortable with!

Sophie | Spark (@SparkYourSelf_)
    August 18, 2013 at 4:27 am

Thanks so much for pinning my quote! 🙂

August 18, 2013 at 6:20 pm

? about your latest instagram post. Where did you get your bag? Is that a Stella Mccartney bag?

August 21, 2013 at 7:13 pm

The third line of your letter sucked me in. Can’t wait to hear more…

Links and Love 8 - Treasure Tromp