Before & Afters Makeup

Tarah – Monday Makeover

I have to tell you, Tarah is one of my favorite makeup consults ever.
She was just a blast to talk to, she has southern sweetness and charm that is truly genuine and she is beautiful.
Get a load of her gorgeous skin and sparkling eyes!

monday makeover

She looks like a celebrity, right?

Here’s what I did:

I started with Benefit Porefessional to prime her skin,with my HAC products
Next I did her blush, & Highlight and ContourΒ IIID Foundation.
Tapped some blush right in the apples of her cheeks.
Contoured in the usual places: around the edges of her face, down the sides of the nose, under the bottom lip and in the hollow of the cheeks.
Highlighted under her eyes, down the center of her nose, on the top of her cheekbones and on her chin.
I didn’t need foundation since the HAC formulas I use have coverage and color.
Filled her brows (for those of you with straightish brows look at how gorgeous hers are, nothing wrong with a shapely brow that doesn’t have a ton of arch!) with Brun.
For that gorgeous bronze/plum smokey eye I used Sable (a medium brown) as the base around her eye and on her lid up to the crease using a medium shadow brush. Then I darkened around the eye and deepened the crease with Deep Purple and a small contour brush. Next I used the Gold to brighten in her inner corner and near the center of the lid. All colors from the Lorac Pro Palette. Finally I lined her inner rim with Loreal Gel Liner which is the BEST liner I’ve used for the rim. It lasts far longer than anything I’ve used.
I added some whispies lashes (which really made her eyes POP)
Lined her lips with the Covergirl Perfect Blend Liner in Mink and filled them with NYX Lipstick in Nude and a touch of Le Riche gloss in Baby Blossom
Finally I sprayed her so it would stay with NYX (but I recently discovered that it just doesn’t work nearly as good as UD All nighter, which is sad cause it’s so much more affordable!)

And now for the WINNERS FROM LAST WEEK!!
Maycie for the Guerlain bronzer and Lynn Hobbs for the Wen! So excited for you ladies! Email me with your address:)
[email protected]
Happy Monday,

signature

65 Comments

Maribeth
    August 12, 2013 at 5:05 am

Whoa! Great job!

Pam
    August 12, 2013 at 5:13 am

Did you use a cover-up product or foundation to hide the blemish? I have one now, and can never get it covered that well!

Milla Makeup
    August 12, 2013 at 5:21 am

Love your work! Have you had any irritations/reactions from clients with the Loreal Gel Liner when you’ve used it on the waterline/inner rim?

Jo
    August 12, 2013 at 5:28 am

Another beautiful makeover Cara! I have a question for you, I went to Sephora for the first time last week (I was like a kid in a candy shop)! I bought a bunch of makeup that you recommended (stilla palette in the light, benefit They’re Real mascara, Stilla BB cream, etc.) I have to say, I love them all! A quick question for you, I notice that in one of your video you apply the BB cream with your fingertips, could I use the Sephora airbrush foundation brush to apply it or should I use this only with a fulll coverage foundation? Thanks again for your amazing blog! I love it πŸ™‚

Erin
    August 12, 2013 at 5:28 am

I just wanted to mention that because UD All Nighter did some repackaging, they are blowing out the older bottles at Nordstrom Rack right now. You have to move quickly, because they sell out fast… They are half the price!

Gabby
    August 12, 2013 at 5:35 am

Tarah looks amazing! She’s beautiful!

deb
    August 12, 2013 at 6:13 am

you have the gift of making the beautiful more beautiful – she looks fantastic

Shiloh Barkley
    August 12, 2013 at 6:17 am

She is stunning!! Love!

jessvii
    August 12, 2013 at 6:26 am

gorgeous! great job!!

hayleyanngrade
    August 12, 2013 at 6:38 am

She is gorgeous, before AND after! πŸ™‚ Those eye lashes are phenomenal!! I have been unable to find any setting spray that works as well as Urban Decay, bums me out!!
    x,Hayley

Emily
    August 12, 2013 at 6:47 am

Wowzers!!!! Great Job!

Ashley Flowers
    August 12, 2013 at 7:09 am

I need you to make me feel pretty. ! You have some major talent!

Jessie
    August 12, 2013 at 7:12 am

Her eyes do pop… And that sweetness you mentioned shines through! She looks so warm and engaging! Amazing as usual!!

Whitney @ drab to fab
    August 12, 2013 at 7:15 am

She is so beautiful already, but the makeover seriously make her glow!! πŸ™‚

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    August 12, 2013 at 7:22 am

Beautiful!

Mags
    August 12, 2013 at 7:24 am

Her skin is amazing! Could you ask her what she uses to cleanse and moistuize?
    Thanks for the great post.

Chely
    August 12, 2013 at 7:49 am

She has amazing skin. I’m jealous! She looks beautiful. You made her eyes look big and you made them glow! So awesome!

redtagcouture
    August 12, 2013 at 8:34 am

Such a natural makeover. She looks fresh and wide-eyed. SO pretty!

Lidia
    August 12, 2013 at 8:40 am

Wow, she’s so lucky, even in the before picture her skin looks amazing!! She has such even skin tone, ZERO undereye cirlces, and nice little natural flush! Gorgeous before and after!

prospectlovebethany
    August 12, 2013 at 8:53 am

Wow. Gorgeous before, stunning after. You are a miracle worker!

Sandra Sallin
    August 12, 2013 at 9:10 am

Beautiful. I can’t wait to purchase your products. I did notice that some of your links do not work. You might want to check them out. If you ever need to do a makeup on a 72- old- woman. I’m here.

ReBecca
    August 12, 2013 at 9:14 am

she looks like Neve Campbell!

Sarah @ Just So Lovely
    August 12, 2013 at 9:16 am

Gorgeous as always! You make eyes pop SO well- I wish I had your skills!

Ashley
    August 12, 2013 at 9:18 am

She looks oh so stunning! Amazing what a little makeup can do πŸ™‚

<3ash
    Profoundlyash .blogspot.com

Maddy Cane
    August 12, 2013 at 9:42 am

Beautiful makeover, her skin is amazing! x

Maddy from UNSTITCHEDDΒ
    β™₯

Kristin
    August 12, 2013 at 9:49 am

Gorgeous makeover as usual! Can’t wait to see those new HAC products you are talking about!

Jenni G
    August 12, 2013 at 9:50 am

Cara,
    Did you trim those whispies down? I decided to switch to those and give them a try, and they’re enormous on me.. they touch my eyebrows.. lol

Rachel
    August 12, 2013 at 9:55 am

Love it!! I like that you didn’t tan her face and left her skin fair. Has anyone had any experience with breakouts after using Benefit POREfessional primer? Currently I am using Bare Minerals Prime Time under my liquid foundation and I don’t think I’m getting the best results (probably because I’m not using a mineral foundation!). I’m thinking to make a switch to one of Cara’s recommendations, but I have semi-sensitive skin. Thoughts?

Gen Bates
    August 12, 2013 at 9:55 am

This is a WONDERFUL transformation…apart from the lips, (the dark liner and pale pink gloss are reminiscent of chola looks!), which just aren’t my cup of tea! But other than that, beautiful work, once again! xo.

Tarah
    August 12, 2013 at 9:58 am

Thanks so much Cara! It was an AMAZING experience to have you do my makeover – you are doing what you were MEANT to do! What a great talent!

This feedback is completely humbling – thank you all for your kindness.

I am a huge believer in vitamins for my skin – I am a total Dr. Perricone believer but now that my budget has changed my local health food store helped me find these substitutes: Barleans Omega Swirl, Source Naturals Renewal Antioxidants, and Garden of Life Raw Women’s.

For cleansing I use a Clarisonic and my fantastic esthetician in Denver (Angie Downing w/Downing Esthetics (onf FB)) got me addicted to the Image line.

lizteabee
      August 12, 2013 at 11:40 am

Thank for the skin care info! It’s nice to have something to research instead of just glaring at my awful skin in the mirror.

(It was fun to see how this turned out. Everyone’s right you look amazing!)

lburrell2013
    August 12, 2013 at 10:25 am

She is beautiful, before and after! Great job. πŸ˜‰

Pam
    August 12, 2013 at 11:01 am

Cara, I hope you have time to answer my question about how u covered her blemish.

lizteabee
    August 12, 2013 at 11:38 am

I’ve told you this before but this she looks absolutely fantastic. The eyelashes look fantastic. I keep trying to learn to apply them but I think I’m going to have to give up and just start tinting mine again. Are you familiar with any tints you’d recommend?

Tj
    August 12, 2013 at 11:40 am

Gorgeous! Love this makeover! Great job!

Nury
    August 12, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Wow, she looks so pretty!

Peggy
    August 12, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Just found this site and I love it…so affirming and positive. And your mother’s makeover was mind-blowing! So great that you are there for older women too.

capriciouspropinquityhony
    August 12, 2013 at 1:26 pm

She does look like a celebrity! Gorgeous.

Meg
    August 12, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I have sensitive skin and POREfessional has never made me break out. I might be using it incorrectly…but this is my routine. I put on my primer (by LORAC), then my foundation, then I like to put on POREfessional after my foundation. I feel like it does a better job on top of everything. I know Benefit usually has good deals on little sample bottles in a set. You should try one!! = ) Hopefully this helps.

Peach
    August 12, 2013 at 2:59 pm

love this<3 xx peach

Robin C
    August 12, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Her inner beauty is glowing as well as her physical beauty. Cara, this is your gift. You have the ability to bring out the inner glow from the soul. Thank you for sharing your gift β™₯

Ash
    August 12, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Absolutely gorgeous!

And agreed, the UD All Nighter spray works much better than NYX’s version. The same goes for UD Deslick vs NYX Stay Matte spray.

the makerista
    August 12, 2013 at 10:46 pm

so beautiful! those lashes make her eyes really pop and look very sultry!

Ghalia
    August 13, 2013 at 1:00 am

Holy smokes! Where can I get skin like THAT?! Gorgeous lady…

Melissa
    August 13, 2013 at 5:50 am

She is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing, I love the lashes and plum eye color.

Kasia Kubicka
    August 13, 2013 at 7:34 am

Amazing job! Like always πŸ™‚

Sarah
    August 13, 2013 at 7:45 am

She is gorgeous! And such smooth and flawless skin!

Jet
    August 13, 2013 at 9:01 am

Amazing as always!

Meagan
    August 13, 2013 at 10:09 am

Love this! I’ve never been much of a girly make up/ hair girl but your page makes me want to learn. Have you ever done a post about Make up (Products) for beginners? I have no idea where to start but would love to try!

jessica w
      August 13, 2013 at 5:43 pm

she does..and she even has the videos too! I’m in the same boat as you..i call myself a beauty school drop out..hahah. look her beauty basics..and her you tube channel. If i can do it..u can do it πŸ˜€ cute blog!

jessica w
    August 13, 2013 at 5:40 pm

I want your HAC products!!! Sign me up girlie! She looks beautiful very inspiring!

Caitlin F
    August 13, 2013 at 5:55 pm

She looks absolutely amazing! I love seeing the before and afters. She looks beautiful either way, but it’s impressive to see how a little makeup can bring out someones best features.
    I’ve tried the porefessional and it works wonders. I just can’t bring myself to spend that much on a primer. Call me cheap, thrifty, or whatever, I just can’t do it. I get so excited when I find a product that’s super affordable but still delivers. Is there a primer along those lines you would reccomend?

Divya
    August 13, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Hi Cara,
    This question is unrelated to the above post but very important to me nevertheless!
    I need to know what exact product you have used for your hair color.. and what color shade is it? I have similar hair length as you and same skin tone, I want to get the color same as yours and have been struggling for ages to get it right!
    I particularly love your hair color in the below posts

Please let me know which products were used and how exactly to instruct my colorist to give me this color!
    Please please please help me out!

Lots of love!

Kelly
    August 14, 2013 at 9:37 am

Wow, absolutely gorgeous!

xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Steph
    August 14, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Where is the photo?

Vanessa
    August 14, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I would love to see a video of this tutorial and or before and after

Brian
    August 16, 2013 at 6:49 am

Tarah always looks incredible! I know she really enjoyed this experience and was impressed by Cara’s talent. I am lucky to call her my wife!

Currently Crushing On. | How Sweet It Is
    August 17, 2013 at 5:38 am

[…] makeover monday post on maskcara. holy talent. the before and after shots are always […]

Pink Haired Princess
    August 29, 2013 at 1:32 pm

You really made the most of her eyes, they look bigger and soo sparkly, gorgeous.

Andrea
    August 31, 2013 at 10:23 am

This is my beautiful friend! Her makeup looks stunning! She’s a genuinely beautiful person, both inside and out, and I’m lucky to call her my friend!

Tricia
    October 10, 2013 at 7:56 pm

There are some people that you can describe to others and then there are individuals like my friend Tarah that completely defy description. She is both gentle and STRONG! I’ve had the privilege of calling her my friend for several years and continue to be amazed at the person she is. What a wonderment to see that someone made her shine even more than usual!! Thank you!!

p.s.where do I sign up!!?

brittany
    October 16, 2013 at 6:46 am

She looks just like Piper from Charmed!

Donna
    October 29, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Gorgeous!

Michelle
    November 12, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Your literally so amazing I can’t tell you how happy I am to find your site and finally know how to be pretty thank you so much god bless you

Stephanie
    November 22, 2013 at 8:49 am

Cara, I have JUST FOUND your page! This is FABULOUS, but I am a bit overwhelmed. Can you help me a little?? I am 41, and still break out terribly. I have done everything: Accutane 2x, and every product on the market. I am currently using Glytone wash, Alpha-Hydrox gel morning and night, and Lancome Teint for foundation. It is very difficult to contemplate all these bronzers and highlighters, primters, setters, etc for fear of breaking out. Your work is so beautiful and I want to try it. How should I start, without sending myself into breakout purgatory? What products should I start with?