Thought I’d share a few of my latest favorite clothing items.
Striped pants
Shirt: Nasty Gal Pants: Forever21 Shoes: Steve Madden

We walked into Sports Authority soon after taking this photo and this conversation happened:
Cara: Dang, I hope no one mistakes me for a referee.
Nick: They won’t.
Cara: Good.
Nick: I was thinking it’s more like you work for the circus.
Yet…I still love these pants…and actually, so does Nick.
The shirt is so cute and fits really good. It’s a gem.

Glitter pocket!
Shirt: Nasty Gal Pants: Hollister {old} Shoes: Steve Madden

My finger isn’t broken, I just get really confused about things when I’m posing for photos.
Pretending to casually be walking down the street is hard enough as it is! Putting my hand in my pocket too? That’s crazy.

On the other hand my sweet son seems to have a been born with impeccable posing skills.
Here is a photo I took of him when he wasn’t looking:

As soon as he saw that I was snapping photos he (and I seriously have no idea where he got this pose idea from) pulled this:
I’m not trying to be a stage mom or anything but he is killing it.
Happy Monday!

Jolleen || The Graffitied Gardenia
    August 5, 2013 at 4:50 am

Love those stripe pants!

August 6, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Thank you!

August 5, 2013 at 5:30 am

Hi Cara~ This is my first time replying. 😉 Thank you so much for ALL of the tips, tricks and videos. Your ideas are always so fresh, current and fun. Have you considered doing a makeover for a 40 or 50 something gal? I love your looks but was curious if they would change at all as we get older. I’m 51..I like to think I’m holding my own..age wise, but I would love to see what you would do. Congrats on your succes! 😉

August 5, 2013 at 8:37 am

Would LOVE to see a tutorial or two for women over 50 as well. I’m not sure what to do with my eyes as age has made my eyelids disappear!

August 5, 2013 at 9:21 am

Hey ladies. Just thought I would throw it out there that Cara did a makeover on her mom a little while back! You might want to check it out 🙂

August 5, 2013 at 9:28 am

I’m approaching 50 and agree!

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    August 5, 2013 at 5:59 am

So cute!

August 6, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Thank you!

August 5, 2013 at 6:18 am

I LOVE those pants and have been seriously thinking about getting some for a while now, but I’m plus size and I don’t know if they’ll look good on me! But you look gorgeous gal!

August 6, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Thank you! I really think these pants are flattering, I bet you’d look super sexy in them!

Eileen Corson
    August 5, 2013 at 6:34 am

Beautiful little boy.

August 5, 2013 at 7:31 am

I guess if someone is skinny enough and the pants are tight enough they can make even things like those look good! lol

Gizem Sena
    August 5, 2013 at 7:58 am

Nice outfits, I really liked them 🙂

August 5, 2013 at 8:09 am

Soooo distracted by your adorable son!! Beyond precious…and that pose! haha I agree with Heather though, when you’re skinny EVERYTHING looks good on you. Lucky girl. 🙂

Laced Hair
    August 5, 2013 at 9:03 am

I miss Cristian, he is so dang cute! You are a babe, Also I need both of those shirts, and also I am coloring my hair dark, luckily I know the formula used for yours to copy it.. wink wink…. love and miss you!!

August 5, 2013 at 9:28 am

I can see why you love those pants! So cute! I checked them out on F21’s website and I LOVE the Matelot waist. One of my fave styles. I have a pair of white shorts this summer with the same design. Thanks for sharing! You look super cute! So does your little man! 😉

August 5, 2013 at 9:45 am

Haha! I bought the same pants and my dad called me a ref. I adore them! So glad you do too. Xoxoxo a 16 year old Mormon blog start 😉

August 5, 2013 at 10:14 am

Loving those heart sunglasses you have on!! Where are those from!???!??
    Looking fab as always! Thanks for sharing.

August 5, 2013 at 11:28 am

totally want those pants! Can I ask what size you got n what your hip measure is? If thats TMI no worries. Im just worried to order the wrong size online… love the shirt too!! thanks for the post!

August 5, 2013 at 11:35 am

PS my butt measure is 38 n waist 28. so I was thinking a size 28 or 29… any tips?

August 6, 2013 at 10:27 pm

I know my waist is 27 and I got a 2 (I usually wear 4 so I think they run large) I’m not sure what my hip measurement is!

August 5, 2013 at 11:32 am

You wear those pants well. Not really sure if that is a trend everyone can pull off! Love all the photos. Have a great Monday.

XO RTC

August 5, 2013 at 11:49 am

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE both looks. Girl, you are so beautiful.. I look forward to each and every post!! Your little boy is a doll!! I already ordered the shirt that is on the second photo. Way too cute…

August 5, 2013 at 11:51 am

REALLY like the striped pants(!) BTW, you have my permission to be a “stage mom” all you want. This is your blog, we’re just following it. As his dear mommy, your son has such stunning eyes. 😉

August 5, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Your son is just to cute=)

August 5, 2013 at 12:26 pm

What size did you order the sequin tee in? Also just to guage my size vs. yours, what size denim do you wear? I am a 27/28 and it would help to know what size you ordered. If you share your typical size and from then on share the sizes you purchased it helps us figure out what we need. Thanks for your help

August 5, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I HAVE to know where these heart shaped sunnies are from! Need them in my life

the makerista
    August 5, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I just posted my very first outfit post today, so I know all about awkwardness. 🙂 You, my friend, do not look awkward! Great looks and your boy is precious! Those curls!

August 5, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Tyra Banks would be so proud of Christian’s smize!! Adorable!

August 5, 2013 at 7:23 pm

He is so cute. Those striped pants would make me look 5 ft tall! I’m 4’9″, but, I’m afraid they’d keep trying to return me to the fair or circus. Sorry C.

August 5, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Where did you get that necklace in the first pic? I’m curious because I saw a similar one in target today and if that is it I am def going back to get it! So cute!

August 6, 2013 at 9:45 am

Loving the striped pants! Super cute looks…also loving the necklace with the first look and the suttle sparkle in look 2.
    Looking adorbs!

August 6, 2013 at 11:44 am

Hi Cara! You’re so talented! Any recs for foundation for sensitive skin? I’ve tried Tarte, Nars, Revlon.

August 6, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I see you in your little one eyes…what a sweet heart…

August 6, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Love the pants. And such an adorable kid 🙂

August 8, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Do you get your pants hemmed? All of your pants in this post look like they fit you perfectly! I totally have #shortgirlproblems and can literally not buy pants without having to get them hemmed (with the exception of some brands having petit sizes that workout but not always)

August 13, 2013 at 12:07 am

Oh God bless his little heart! I know this isn’t news to you but that little kid is gorgeous. & as for his posing skills, seems like you have yourself a natural 😀

Also, wish I had the legs to pull off those pants. My little sister is itty bitty as well & has a similar pair that she wears often, & it just kills me how amazing they look!

Heather Holt
    August 26, 2013 at 7:33 am

Hey cara! so I have a question, I’m a garment wearer and I love this glitter sequin tee, but I’m not sure if I’d have to line it with a shirt or not? on the website it looks like its just a see through mesh?

October 2, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Cara, I officially have a crush on you! You are so gorgeous.. I love your videos &the blog lots of great tips THANKS. Now I am obsessed with this sequin shirt from nasty gal what size did you order I am debating which size. THANKS!!