Makeup Makeup Products Products

My Face Favorites for Friday.

watt's up benefit nars sheer glow in stromboli stila bb cream armani luminous silk foundation el.f. powder blush in Pink Passion maybelline bouncy blush tarte cheek stain in flush maybelline highlighting concealer bobbi brown natural tan nyx matte bronzer in medium loreal true match powder kat von d tattoo concealer clinique even better concealer ELF Facial Whip in Toasted Benefit Stay Flawless Image Map

{Click image for a link to the product}
If you are viewing this in email or if )for any reason) the links above are not working for you here is a list:
Foundation:
For everyone but especially mature skin (does not settle in or exaggerate fine lines) Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
F
or a light coverage on medium skin tones (it saddens me that they only have one shade!) Stila Illuminating BB Cream

This stuff is incredible if you can do a splurge! Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
Blush:
This powder blush is light and fresh and very inexpensive. Don’t be freaked by the bright color it goes on sheer! ELF Blush in Pink Passion
Although, I’m a total sucker for creamy blushes. These ones are beautiful in every color but I love Fresh Pink the best. Maybelline Bouncy Blush
I LOVE Tarte Cheeks Stains. They are so natural looking and look youthful and glowy. Every color is beautiful but I like Tickled/Flush the very best.
Bronzer:
For all over color and just looking a little sun kissed Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium is my favorite.
For contouring I have recommended TheBalm Bahama Mama forever and I still totally love it. Although, I have found myself reaching for my Loreal True Match powder more and more often lately so I figured since it is less expensive I would use it as my top choice. They are still very interchangeable:)
An inexpensive choice for a sun kissed color would be NYX Matte Bronzer. I am a huge fan of matte bronzers most of the time, since I always use an illuminator of some sort because I like to control my shimmer placement, so I don’t look sweaty or too glittery.
Concealer:
When I need something be be covered and to STAY covered (ie a giant zit) I use Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer. It kind of smells like paint with is both really comforting and a little concerning. At any rate it won’t budge.
For highlighting (under the eyes, the chin and down the nose concealing mostly) I LOVE Maybelline Highlighting Concealer (in a shade or two lighter than your skin)
Or if you like a bit more coverage and a few more color options, I am also a fan of Clinique Even Better Concealer

Illuminator:
If you are on a budget I say go with an ELF facial whip. They have them in a few colors but I like Toasted for medium or dark complexions and Lilac Petal for fair.
My other favorite is Watt’s Up by Benfit. It’s easy to apply and goes on looking perfect on any skin tone.
Primer:
For lastability and all around complexion priming I love Benefit’s Stay Flawless Primer it REALLY keeps your foundation on!
Although, if you are looking for more of a pore filling primer I am still in love with Benefits PoreFessional, it’s like magic watching this stuff erase pores.

I’ve been wanting to do a round up of all of my current favorites
to have for you guys for quick reference.
If you have been following for a while a apologize that most of these may be a bit redundant for you. I find that most women purchase many products that they end up not using for a variety of reasons, which is why I try to focus on using the same (incredible) products as often as possible.  It isn’t every day that I find a new product that I love enough to add to the list (or to replace something here), although rest assured I am trying new products on a daily basis just to make sure these are still crowned in glory.
I love your feedback on the products I recommend, even if you think I’ve completely missed the mark. Friends tell each other these things, I can handle it:)

Also, I’m sorry because I’m absolutely sure I’m missing something here, but I was dead set on getting this image to link to the products individually, and I did finally achieve that but it took me until the wee hours of the morning.
Which usually results in many typos and run-on sentences.
But if it’s any testament to how much I love you all, believe that I have spent at least 5 hours on making sure you could effortlessly click the photo instead of having to scroll down to a numbered link. 5 hours WELL spent though, if I may say so myself.
(in case you wanna learn how to do the same thing, cause it’s awesome, but you don’t want to go down like 4 dead end roads like I did,  THIS gal finally hooked me up with the info)

signature

123 Comments

Suzanne Sears
    July 26, 2013 at 4:40 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I know this was time consuming for you but it is much appreciated by your fans.

Kristin
    July 26, 2013 at 4:42 am

Thanks for the list its great and all the time. Im sure everyone including myself really appreciate it. Though when I click the primer it takes me to elf blush. Love your blog

Cara
      July 26, 2013 at 10:48 am

OK so I think I just fixed ALL of the link problems! I am so sorry, the link map may be a little flawed. As is my brain at 3am!

Julia
    July 26, 2013 at 4:47 am

The link for the Nars foundation actually links to a pair of fabulous Manolo Blahnik pumps. But thank you for the list!

Lisa Carroll
    July 26, 2013 at 4:57 am

Many thanks!

Samantha
    July 26, 2013 at 5:01 am

I am sooooo excited about this list! Even though I’ve been following you forever I love to see what your favorites are in one place! Also, I didn’t loved the Manolo Blahnik link, wish I could afford them and have Carrie Bradshaw’s closet to store them in! 😉

Sarah (theGIRL)
    July 26, 2013 at 5:03 am

You’re awesome. Thanks for putting this together.

Question: When you say NARS is for mature skin, does that mean it won’t settle into the fine laugh lines around my mouth?

Cara
      July 26, 2013 at 10:49 am

It is the best foundation I have found for NOT settling in pores and fine lines. It also really helps to use a good moisturizer and a pore filling primer (like PoreFessional I linked above)

2summers2
        July 28, 2013 at 9:50 pm

how do you think the Giorgio Armani would work on mature skin – wouldn’t a good primer do the trick? what would be the primary difference between Nars and Armani? thanks – love your blog!

Lynsey
    July 26, 2013 at 5:05 am

Thank you thank you thank you for this list! I was just going to scroll through your blog to look for concealer. BTW the concealer that will cover anything links to a New York and Co. error page. 🙂 Those late nights are a doozey but we all appreciate you making us beautiful!

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
    July 26, 2013 at 5:09 am

So many questions: What is the will cover anything concealer? Do you not like Bahama Mama for contour anymore? And its funny because I use that Clinique concealer but it fades away after a few hours.. Have a great weekend!

lizteabee
      July 26, 2013 at 5:32 am

It’s the Kat Von D Lock-It Tatoo Concealer.

lizteabee
      July 26, 2013 at 5:37 am

What color(s) do you recommend for the ELF Shimmering Whips for use fairer skinned gal? I’ve got one in Toasted and it’s much darker than the Watt’s Up. I use the toasted as a cream shadow. I’ve heard that Lilac Petal works but it looks so purple in the tube!

To folks who are having trouble with or do not want to click the links: if you just hover over the image text will appear with the name of product.

A couple of whoopses as other people have mentioned:

Foundation: NARs goes to shoes, Armani goes to google
      Concealer: Kat Von D goes to NY&C error page

lizteabee
        July 26, 2013 at 5:40 am

Blergh sorry, I meant o reply to the original post. I don’t know how I keep doing this.

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
        July 26, 2013 at 6:08 am

There’s a Sonia Kashuk dupe for the Watts Up that I really like called Chic Luminosity Highlighter Stick. And thanks 🙂

CLynn
        July 26, 2013 at 6:28 am

I use the lilac petal shimmering whip from ELF as a highlight and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Cara
        July 26, 2013 at 10:51 am

Thank you so much for the help! I swear it all worked last night when I went to bed so I hope it doesn’t break again.. I added a list in case it does. I think I answered all of your questions above as well in me addendum. <3

Miss Viola Swamp (@imaqt209421)
      July 26, 2013 at 6:25 am

Also do you like the Stay Flawless better than the Porefessional? Thanks again, you’re my hero!

Rachel
    July 26, 2013 at 5:10 am

Love the visual,ta ! No Thebalm bronzer here?? Yes,some links aren’t directing to correct site.

Nicole
      July 26, 2013 at 5:47 am

I was wondering the same thing about the bahama mama?

Cara
        July 26, 2013 at 10:53 am

haha Oh I meant to address that (and added a little addendum) I do still TOTALLY love The Balm, I just fond myself reaching for the Loreal powder more and more often so I figured since it is less expensive I’d add it to the list instead. Still anyone who has/loves the Balm shouldn’t worry that they need to buy the Loreal. They are very similar:)

Emily
    July 26, 2013 at 5:12 am

The kinks don’t Mach up to the product…..the bottom one went to an elf product, Nother one went to the New York and company website…would love to have the actual links!

Cara
      July 26, 2013 at 10:54 am

added new kinks 🙂 so sorry for the trouble!

Martha
    July 26, 2013 at 5:13 am

I have tried the Dream Bouncy Blush and the DreamLumi Hilighter because of your recommendation. I love them both and have had more compliments on my skin in the last 2 months than ever befor! Too bad you don’t get commission on your sales!

Do you have a mascara you like? I live in a very humid climate and non waterproof runs down my eyes in a few hours. Waterproof is hard to remove and I end up with sticky residue or broken lashes

Lauren
      July 26, 2013 at 8:16 am

Hi Martha I know Avon isn’t very popular but I get compliments on my lashes all the time and I wear their wash off water proof mascara. It doesn’t run and easily washes off!

Cara
        July 26, 2013 at 11:04 am

I have been hearing a lot about Avon Mascara lately, gotta check it out!

Brianne
          July 26, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I would love to see some posts on mascara!

• Lara
            July 27, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Avon is great even if it’s not really cool if you know what I mean but the truth is, their products work. Always reliable. And yes, washes off.

Jaclyn
      July 26, 2013 at 8:36 am

Try L’Oreal Voluminous mascara (they have waterproof and regular versions) I’ve used it for YEARS, tried many, many others, and always end up going back to it. Needless to say, I’ve got quite a mascara graveyard going now!

Thanks for the rec’s, Cara…I officially have a ginormous girl crush on you:)

Cara
        July 26, 2013 at 11:05 am

I have a girl crush on you too, your use of ginormous and Voluminous sealed the deal:)

Monica
      July 26, 2013 at 9:18 am

Benefits “They’re Real” mascara is awesome. I just got a bday gift from Sephora and it was a mini version of that mascara and “Watts Up” & love them both. And she talks about them on her here so I was super excited to try them.

Cara
      July 26, 2013 at 11:04 am

Thank you Martha! I do actually get a small commission on many of my sales if they are made through the links, so that is AWESOME. ( I only say this as full disclosure, not to make ANYONE feel like they should be purchasing through the link, cause I totally support you getting it anywhere. My commissions have no effect on my recommendations whatsoever, and nothing I post is sponsored phew sorry for the mouthful:)
      I love Benefit They’re Real Mascara. I think it would be perfect for a humid climate!

Cait
        July 26, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Thank you for mentioning that you do get a small commission. I’ll be sure to purchase through your links. The list is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to compile it.

Amanda Hermansen
        July 26, 2013 at 5:21 pm

I can vouch for Benefit They’re Real in a humid environment. I’ve even worn it to the beach and pool with great success. It’s awesome!

Emily
    July 26, 2013 at 5:13 am

So it seems he link issue is only in the email…

Rebecca
      July 26, 2013 at 5:50 am

The benefit primer issue is only in email. The other ones listed still don’t work! The Kat Von D one is the only one I couldn’t figure out, but another reader did. Thanks!

Annie
    July 26, 2013 at 5:14 am

Thank you for your blog… I love it! What is the name of the concealer on the left that “will cover anything”? The link is not working?

Emily
      July 26, 2013 at 5:15 am

I’d like to know too

Melissa
    July 26, 2013 at 5:25 am

Hi Cara,
    The links were not matching up after all your effort and time. I was wondering what the inexpensive alternative of the benefit watts up is?

Amanda
    July 26, 2013 at 5:27 am

cara — i love that you are not sharing a million pricey brand new products every 5 minutes, but that you test it all and just tell us what’s good! thanks for this post on the basics. it’s great!!

Amanda
    July 26, 2013 at 5:30 am

one question — is the stila bb cream appropriate for fair skin? it looks a bit dark.

Dana
      July 26, 2013 at 6:37 am

It’s too dark for me! Thank God Sephora gives out samples to try first…almost made that mistake.

Alyssa
      July 26, 2013 at 7:05 am

I actually bought the Stila BB cream to try out but I”m fair and it was too dark. I LOVE LOVE LOVE smashbox CC cream instead in Fair or Light so you should try that out!

Cait
      July 26, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I use the Too Faced BB cream in Vanilla Glow. I’m very pale, and the Vanilla Glow is the second to lightest they have. It is pricey but a little goes a very long way. I usually use a pea size and it covers my whole face in a sheer matte finish.

Jess
    July 26, 2013 at 6:07 am

Great post! Thanks so much for taking the time to pull this all together.

Kathia
    July 26, 2013 at 6:22 am

I’m so surprised you left Bahama Mama off the list. I purchased it after I saw you suggested it in your HAC video and it is fabulous!! I am olive skinned and a great bronzer without shine was always the hardest for me to find. I was so grateful for that suggestion. Can’t wait to try the Giorgio Armani. Thanks, as always, for your great recommendations!!

Sunny D
    July 26, 2013 at 6:30 am

Cara! Thank you so much for the recommendations! I have tried many products you have suggested and love them all! I would like to know what you think of the elf hd blushes for budget blushes! I recently bought three shades and they are SUPER pigmented but are beautiful on as we’ll as they last all day. For $3 a pop I was definately impressed!!! I would also like to know your thoughts on hard candy glamoflouge as a dupe for the KVD concealer. I use the HC Glam and LOVE it!! Thanks again for all your wonderful posts!

proprioceptional
      July 28, 2013 at 10:08 pm

I want to know what Cara thinks about Glamoflauge as well! It’s my go-to and I want to know if I need to up my game and pay more for the KVD concealer.

Alyssa
        July 29, 2013 at 6:00 am

I’ve tried both Glamoflauge and the Kat Von D and they are practically identical! I use Glamoflauge because it’s SO much cheaper for basically the same product!

proprioceptional
          July 31, 2013 at 5:43 am

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I was hoping that was the case. Glamoflauge is amazing!

Dana
    July 26, 2013 at 6:39 am

Can you re-do with the long link list? These picture links just aren’t working. I click on one and it goes to the photo above it. Or it goes to something completely unrelated. I’m super excited about this post and will gladly sort through a long list. Thanks for putting it all together!

redtagcouture
    July 26, 2013 at 6:47 am

Thank you for this post. I’ve been on the hunt for some new concealer. I agree about the “stay flawless” hype. The primer really is AWESOME. It is sort of hard for me to find a Benefit product that I don’t love, though.

Dianne
    July 26, 2013 at 6:49 am

Honey, you need to get to bed earlier, lol. This was been an amusing trip around the web, though. Thanks for taking the time to try. <3

Bee
    July 26, 2013 at 7:19 am

I want to get the benefit face primer so bad!

Laura Halsey
    July 26, 2013 at 7:22 am

I hate to say this, but most of the links didn’t work properly. Like the last one links to e.l.f. highlighting cream on Amazon. bummer 🙁

Jessica
    July 26, 2013 at 7:27 am

Thank you so much for putting this quick reference list together for us!! 5 hours VERY MUCH appreciated 🙂

jenn~the stylish housewife
    July 26, 2013 at 7:40 am

THANK YOU for the link on how to do clickable photos!!! At least I think that’s what it is…I haven’t clicked yet because I couldn’t wait to comment. lol. I am newly obsessed with all things by benefit. Their “Stay Don’t Stray” eye primer is amazing too!

XOXO, Jenn
    The Stylish Housewife

Stefanie
      July 26, 2013 at 9:35 am

Does the Stay Don’t Stray eye primer keep eyeliner from going all over bottom of eyes? Doesn’t matter what mascara or eyeliner I am wearing by the end of the day it’s everywhere. I have normal skin, not oily. This girl needs SOS!!!

Debra Ziegler
    July 26, 2013 at 7:52 am

Although none of the links in the email connected to the correct product, if you open the MaskCARA site, all is correct. Thanks.

Ashlee
    July 26, 2013 at 8:06 am

I liked the dream bouncy blush at first but then I realized it wears off in ten seconds.

Melissa
    July 26, 2013 at 8:13 am

Hmm – I’ve tried a lot of face primers that more or less did a halfhearted job. I’ll have to try that since I switched back to liquid foundation from the crusty land of mineral powder. 🙂

Brittany Butkiewicz
    July 26, 2013 at 8:15 am

I love this list I have been skimming over your past blogs for a few weeks looking for all your top products. THanks for the list! I noticed Bahama Mama isn’t on here do you prefer NYX now to that? I just bought Bahama mama and its almost too dark for my skin is NYX any lighter? Also you should give the NYX blush stick a try with a stipple brush I think it works great!

Pam
    July 26, 2013 at 8:28 am

Aww, I can’t click on the products. I’ll check them out anyway! Thanks.

Monica
    July 26, 2013 at 9:28 am

I’ve read that the primer doesn’t minimize the look of pores but it makes you’re makeup stay for a long time, which I need. But right around my nose, I have some larger pores, so what would you recommend I do to minimize the look of them? And do you recommend everyone use a liquid foundation? I have used a mineral prefer foundation for years and wondering if I should be switching. Thanks for all you post! You’re amazing!,

Monica
      July 26, 2013 at 9:30 am

Mineral powder foundation…not prefer. Stupid smart phone! 🙂

Sabrina
    July 26, 2013 at 9:28 am

Thanks for this! But I was wondering if you ever thought of doing a Stana Katic makeup tutorial. I would really like to know how to do her makeup.

Stefanie
    July 26, 2013 at 9:32 am

You are so awesome!!!!! Thank you!!! But confused why Bahamas mama didn’t make the fav? I finally splurged last week and got it and I love it!! Another great contour is NYX Taupe!!! For $6 bucks or less!

Stay at home mommy
    July 26, 2013 at 9:49 am

I’m not sure if its just me, I didn’t read all of the other comments, but a couple of the products when I click their picture take me to googles search page and one of the products, I don’t remember which took me to a velvet suede shoe.

Ariana
    July 26, 2013 at 10:29 am

I love your blog! Its the perfect place to know exactly what makeup works and doesn’t, keep up the good work!

embracethebest.com: A blog on how to be the best at everything on beauty, singing, fashion, dancing, and other talents!

Maddy Cane
    July 26, 2013 at 11:15 am

This was such a useful post, I really loved it and will definitely be adding a few of them to my wish list! x

Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

Kellie
    July 26, 2013 at 12:01 pm

For using the True Match Powder for contouring…is there a certain color (shade name) that works best in general? How do I pick a bronzer/contour powder that won’t make me look too shimmery or muddy? Thanks!

Beth
    July 26, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Hi! I am interested in checking out the Loreal Bronzer for contouring. (The bronzer I currently have is shimmery.) Any tips on how to pick the correct contour bronzing color? I use Bare Minerals Fairly Light foundation in the summer and mix that with BM Medium Tan in the summer to give you an idea of skin tone … Any tips on how to color match the bronzer? Thanks so much!

Beth
      July 26, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Oops … meant to say Fairly Light in winter … and Fairly Light/Medium Tan mixed together for the summer.

Ana
    July 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm

This list is awesome. I went through a lot of these nodding my head in agreement. 5 hours?! If it helps, I’ll have you know that some of the things I look forward to every week are your posts! You’re a great teacher and you’re writing voice is casual and refreshing. Loooove your blog.

charlotte
    July 26, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Just wanted to comment on the Loreal True Match. I recently bought W6 and W1 (my skin tone match is W3) for contour and highlight and I am in love. I have not touched any of my other products since. The tone and shade match is perfect, they just melt right in with very little effort and look totally natural. It’s the difference between my FACE being contoured and my face being CONTOURED if that makes sense. It only works if you happen to fall in a range where you can get a shade 2-4 shades darker and lighter than your skin tone.. but the TM line has 33 shades so the odds are pretty good.

Beth
    July 26, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I got Watts Up in a sample pack for my birthday from Sephora. I LOVE it! I plan on buying a full size one as soon as I run out.

It is awesome, subtle enough to wear as a highlighter on my “No Makeup” days. Or I can use a bit more to sculpt my face for a night out!

Jami
    July 26, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I splurged and got the Armani foundation, and it really is amazing. LOVE IT. The Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink, I love/loved it. My sister and I were on a trip together and she made off with it, so now I need to go buy more, although I have the NARS Org. which is actually a close second to the Bouncy. I love the Maybelline highlighting concealer, especially under my eyes, its very light so it doesn’t settle in fine lines, I did notice that when I used the Clinique concealer, thats when I had the settling happen, so now I only use that in the very dark corners of my eyes and to cover blemishes. Thank you so much for all your input, I am a makeup junky and had a lot of stuff laying around that I just didn’t like, until I found you, and have finally found the right path! You’re AWESOME 🙂

mismacbeauty
    July 26, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Great post! I love the maybelline bouncy blushes! I talk about them all the time on my blog

xx- missmacbeauty.blogspot.com

Kim florer
    July 26, 2013 at 3:55 pm

What is your preference for powder? And.. Maybe a silly question, but before you HAC, do you powder to set? And I get a little confused on concealer and illuminaters also. I’ve seen a post about using a yellowish concealer to highlight, which I better illuminator or concealer ? Thank you for all your help, you have an awesome blog! Love it 😉

Meredith
    July 26, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Stila makes a bronze version of that illuminating BB cream! It’s much darker so I mix the two together. Both amazing.

Shannon
    July 26, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Cara, have you tried Maybelline’s Instant Age rewind dark circle eraser? I got it in neutralizer, and I LOVE it for highlighting when HAC-ing. It is like the maybelline highlighting concealer (which I’ve used and loved), but has this fat applicator so you can do your “pie pieces” under your eyes so much easier. As soon as I tried it I was like, MaskCara has to know about this!

Britney
    July 26, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I am not sure if this was mentioned in the above comments, so I apologize if I am repeating! But I just wanted to quickly say that I was told for the benefit primer, it is to be used in sections at a time. Apply is in a small section first, then blend in your foundation, and so on. 🙂

Sabrina
    July 26, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Awesome. And thank you so much for including some more budget-friendly options. With my budget at the moment I can barely afford L’Oreal and Revlon let alone the high-priced stuff. (ELF and Nyx are lifesavers.) It’s really disheartening whenever I click on a best/favorite make-up post and the cheapest thing on it is a $18 lip gloss. I know that the expensive stuff really is very nice and a lot of people’s favorites but it’s nice to feel like I can have something special once in a while too. Thank you so much, love your site!

Jocelyn
    July 27, 2013 at 7:25 am

Do you have any suggestions for a concealer for sensitive skin? I tried Dream Lumi and it looked great, but it made the skin around my eyes sting. Preferably something in that same price range 🙂

What an awesome list! Thanks!

Ashley
    July 27, 2013 at 9:18 am

Would love to know your fav mascaras from drugstore to high end. I am also a HUGE fan of dry shampoo! Always trying new brands. Do you have a fav? Great product list! I have been wanting to try the benefit primer and poreless. I am a huge fan right now of smashbox CC cream and revlon 24hr whipped foundation! It truly doesn’t move all day and has a gorgeous buttery silky texture that covers beautifully without being heavy!

kim
    July 27, 2013 at 9:22 am

I really, really love that you try to condense the number of products. I so appreciate it!

Lisa
    July 27, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I got a sample of Watt’s up in my last Sephora splurge.. HOW THE HECK DO I USE IT? 🙂

TINA
    July 27, 2013 at 2:32 pm

2 of my fave products are the Josie Maran Argan brightening bronzer sun spot correcter and the argan infinity cream. The creamy oil looks amazing alone but also looks great mixed with powder bronzers or blushes! http://www.josiemarancosmetics.com/

Megan Star
    July 27, 2013 at 5:31 pm

I definitely need to add some of these to my beauty regiment! Do you have any tips to cover out acne?
    Thanks so much!
    xo – Megan Star
    beautybrawler.blogspot.com

Heather Workman
    July 27, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I have used PUR 4 n 1 for awhile but hitting the 45 b-day has made me think of switching to NARS. Have you or anyone tried the DIY BB cream recipe? I’m trying to learn your contoring tech. and switched blushes but all the mosturizers, sunscreen, primers, concealor, illuminators…could get VERY pricey, recipe seems to cover much, and simple for one that treasures AM sleep more than beauty. Thanks, ur site has helped me find beauty doesn’t need to be ignored just because I cant afford dept store shopping!

Kelly
    July 28, 2013 at 9:28 am

I love Kate Von D’s concealer, it works great but I will have to try out some of your other suggestions!

xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

Kristi
    July 28, 2013 at 9:39 am

How do you know which color of concealer to buy? I bought the maybelline one for highlighting but it’s not the right color. They all kind of look the same. Haha. Which color do you use? I have medium skin with very yellow undertones. Suggestions?

Lisa
    July 28, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I love this list, I am a pretty basic make up girl, but as I age, I have learned that I need all the help I can get:) question: so I use primer under a CC cream or instead of the CC cream?? I get lost on all the many steps! Also, love the HAC tutorial.. Blew my mind!

Erika
    July 28, 2013 at 6:57 pm

LOVE this list so much! I’ve heard good things about the Maybelline Highlighting Concealer so I’m definitely going to have to give it a try. Thanks a bunch.

Lisa
    July 29, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Seriously, your blog is incredible,Cara! Each product that you have recommended, I have absolutely fallen in love with. Bahama Mama, Nars Sheer Glow, Maybelline Bouncy Blush, MAC Brun – the list goes on. THANK YOU for taking so much time to teach us and inspire us to embrace our inner beauty, and highlight our outer beauty, too.

Personal fave – ‘Smashbox Full Exposure’ mascara: I find it lengthens and thickens better than anything else that I’ve tried. How does ‘Benefit They’re Real’ compare?

Jenn
    July 29, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I just bought the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush. How do you apply it? My brush doesn’t pick it up. Thank you!

Lisa
    July 29, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I would love more info on foundations for sensitive and acne prone skin. For some reason the giorgio armani (while looked great) really clogged my pores, which made me sad since I spent so much money on it! Time for a new foundation.

Jenn
      July 30, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I have the same issue Lisa. The only foundation I can wear is Origins “Stay tuned”. The one without sunscreen. I guess sunscreen in the foundation can clog pores more so- at least that is what I was told. It is the stuff that works best for me. It’s expensive but every time I switch I really regret it and end up wasting money just to return back to Origins. Good luck.

Tammy
    July 30, 2013 at 6:18 am

Bret is dying over here! He says to stop doing these kinds of posts! LOL! I go out and buy everything! I love them! Keep doing them!

Thanks for putting this all together! You are amazing! Miss you!

Emily
    July 30, 2013 at 8:57 am

How do you like Hoola- bronze for all over color or contouring?

Michelle
    July 30, 2013 at 2:38 pm

How do you use the illuminator? I have the watts up from a birch box sample and am so confused!

Ariadna
    July 31, 2013 at 8:32 am

Thanks for the update on the Bahama Mama, I almost went out to buy the one you recommended above. Actually, I just might because my Bahama Mama doesn’t seem to be like the color in YouTube videos and pictures online. Mine looks more grayish and doesn’t last very long at all. Mine actually has clumps in it, it’s very weird, does anybody else have that problem? I got it as a gift so I don’t know if it’s a “doctored” one, I contacted TheBalm and they very nicely said I can send mine to them and they’ll send me a replacement, maybe I’ll do that. 🙂 Keep up the awesome job!!

Oh are we gonna get a post on all the goodies you got from your Allure photo shoot? I’m so excited to see that! Thanks!

Ariadna
    July 31, 2013 at 8:34 am

I have the same problem, lol. My husband (yes I sent him out to get me some concealer when I was pregnant and feeling particularly ugly, love him!) randomly chose the Maybelline concealer in a beige tone I think, which was too dark for highlighting but this last time I got Honey and it works fairly well as an under eye concealer and highlighter. I hope that helps!

Ames
    August 6, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I haven’t tried any of these except one since I just found your site. I live the stila bb cream! I rarely buy something twice (maybe I need to try more from your list!) but this I have purchased again. Also I am pretty fair, not really medium skin tone at all but I really love it!

www.bobbysueboutique.com
    August 14, 2013 at 10:30 am

Hi! What color is the Loreal Powder? Is it Cocoa? Or is the name Deep Cool? Can’t find it anywhere because not sure of the name? Thanks A Bunch (:

fingerspolishmania
    September 26, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I’m curious-I’m very fair skinned, lost of acne and acne scars-even though I’m 45!! The Bahama Mama looks so dark-how do I know what color is best for me for your HAC technique?

Kendra
    November 6, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Thought some might find this helpful – Walgreens will let you return makeup if you don’t like it. Just keep the receipt and the package.
    (I’m not sure how I’ve missed out on you for so long, exactly what I needed.)

Jennifer
    November 7, 2013 at 8:22 pm

What’s your favorite (no budget, sky is the limit) mascara?

Alice
    November 19, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Thanks so much for these recommendations! We’re a shaving company called Dorco and we provide quality razor systems, disposables, and cartridges for 30-70% less than leading brands. Check out our prices for yourself by Googling us! Thanks again for this great post!

Ina
    December 3, 2013 at 5:13 am

What about the Smashbox Photo Finish More Than A Primer Blemish Control, would you recommend this as a primer? Also, I am going to try this HACing you recommend, simply because I trust you. I have been trying to find out which brush I should use to even it all out at the end, but I am a little confused!
    Thanks for the tips! Love, love, love your blog!

Cathy
    December 4, 2013 at 2:13 pm

love all your posts! question,…what order do you put your make up on? From primer to the end.

Kelly
    December 4, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Hey cara

Was wondering which shade colour you use for the nars sheer foundation? I have similar colouring to you.

Stephanie
    July 15, 2014 at 1:52 pm

me too… I would love to know what NARS shade she uses. I have a hard time picking the best shade.

Kim
    August 8, 2015 at 7:35 pm

Yo purchased the Benefits Primer you’re showing and was so disappointed. My makeup came off my face just as it had prior to using this product. Save yourself $30 and look for something else.

chicago blackhawks jersey
    November 4, 2016 at 2:05 pm

chicago blackhawks jersey

Through that same small, they does make his calm grab the much better of your pet now and then.

Huda Beauty Makeup