My Life

I heart NY.

A few years ago, while sitting on my sister in laws couch, feeling pretty hopeless about my future, I saw an article in Allure Magazine.
It was interviews and photos of a few women who had started companies from nothing that had flourished.
I suppose you hear stories like that regularly but for some reason these stories made a huge impact on me.
My dream, from the time I was in 5th grade, was to have my own makeup line.
Which is a pretty lofty goal and I knew that, even at eleven I could hear the doubtful tone in any adults response to it.
As I got older the doubtful tones only got stronger, so at some point I stopped really saying it out loud and eventually, I stopped thinking it much either. Life got in the way.
As I sat there pregnant, moneyless and hopeless, I read about women who made a difference in their life and lives around them. Women who didn’t have much more than I did, some who had less.
I wanted that.
So I got to work.
I saved and bought Β cosmetic ingredients to experiment with, made flash cards of chemicals and their properties, read any makeup book I could get my hands on. I started planning the blog, which I didn’t know a thing about but figured it was something I could do with very little money. Walking with Christian to the Sephora near my house and getting samples by the arm load (bless them for being so sweet to a non paying costumer!) Β I had no idea how any of it was going to work but I figured it was the work on my end that mattered. I could make up for everything I didn’t have with elbow grease.
I started voicing my goals again and this time (maybe because I was actually putting some gusto behind it) people weren’t incredulous, they were incredibly supportive.
I often hear quotes to the tune of “I’m gonna make my dreams come true and show all of the people who said I couldn’t do it!”
That’s kind of the opposite of what I’ve thought. I want everyone whose believed in me to be proven right. I want them to be proud of me, I want to be proud of myself.

And I’ve got a ways to go still before I realize all my dreams but I will tell you what! Walking into the Conde Nast Building for my Allure photo shoot was more than a little bit surreal. I mean surreal is just not even a good enough word but I’ve gone through my File A Dex of adjectives at least twice and so far none of them even come close. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being a huge part of my being able to have this experience, really really really thank you.

I’m hoping you guys wanna hear about it, cause I can’t stop talking about it!
So I’ll start from the time I arrived:

First JRod (the producer) brought me to the wardrobe room.
So I could pick my dress from the 5 or 6 gorgeous choices he’d alreadyΒ picked.
I went with a stunning Jason Wu black dress with pleather sleeves.
(my section is the furthest to the right)

photo (12)

Next, we picked out my heels.
I was this ” close to smuggling these Christian Louboutin’s outta there in my purse. Our separation was difficult and a little bit teary.

Untitled-2

Next up was hair and makeup but who am I kidding? That’s gonna take up a whole post all on it’s own.
I got some gooood tricks stuff to report to you on that front, tomorrow.

This is me with a couple of the pro’s
I loved everyone I met (including the founder and chief editor of Allure, Linda Wells!)
They were all so fun and incredibly nice, even though they are used to working with celebs and were stuck with a blogger from Utah:)
(Jason the photographer and Dj the hairstylist)
pros

And then the photo taking!

Here’s the scene for my shoot! (Although this isn’t the lighting or the angle but we’ll save that for the magazine)
I did this gorgeous models makeup while we were both in fluffy robes and then we went and got all shmancy so I could pretend to do touch it up.
Her personality was as lovely as her face and posture. So pretty dang lovely.
The photographer told me I was “a natural” which I’m sure he says to everyone but still, I’m not so mad he said it.

Cara3

Next they gave the 3 of us (Me, Tati & Katie who were both a blast) a tour the Allure floor.
Which was magical.
But hold on to your hats cause my favorite part was the “beauty closet” a room full of beauty products from floor to ceiling (wasn’t sure if this was just an urban myth or not till I laid eyes on it)

DSC_4925

And the coolest thing, to possibly ever happen in my life is when Cat (our gorgeous tour guide and an Allure editor) handed me a big old bag and said the most beautiful 4 words I could imagine “Take whatever you want.”

So, I did.
DSC_4963

and I plan to report the cream of the crop. But seriously, how rad is that!?
After that we drug our very heavy bags back to the hotel and where Nick was waiting to take me to a Mets game and then to ride bikes all over the city (shoulda got some photos of that but I forgot my camera…) Biking the city was 1000 times more fun that walking or driving. We even road through Central park as the rain sprinkled on us a bit. Totally romantic.

Best. Day. Ever.

signature

109 Comments

cheapchichome
    July 8, 2013 at 4:52 am

I’m sooo excited for you, Cara! I can’t wait see more of the details.

Stephanie
      July 8, 2013 at 9:57 am

I’m so happy for you!!! You are such an inspiration – thank you for not being afraid to put yourself out there and inspire and use your God given gifts! I’m an allure subscriber, and I can’t wait to read the interview/article πŸ™‚

Cara
        July 9, 2013 at 11:01 am

Thanks you guys so much! I can’t tell you how much I loved reading the comments from this post!

Carrie
    July 8, 2013 at 4:53 am

That is just magical!!!! So excited for you!!!! I would have tried to smuggle those amazing shoes too!!!

Cindy
    July 8, 2013 at 4:55 am

Love your cream heels in the bottom picture. I’ve been looking for a pair like that forever!!! Love your posts! They are filled with great ideas, thoughts and inspirations. Thanks

shandalbaxter
    July 8, 2013 at 4:56 am

Oh Cara, Im so so happy that your Dreams are coming true. I truly can’t wait to share and experience this ride with you. You are a true inspiration and I Thank you for Sharing yourself with all of us. Not an easy task Im sure. Thank You Thank you.

On a different note, just returned a few days ago from NY. My husbands family lives there. I Love it! Im a Country Girl (Kansas) but boy how I love the City and all its fast paced frenzy. Can’t wait to hear more of your adventures!!

Jenn
    July 8, 2013 at 4:59 am

What an incredible experience, and it couldn’t have happened to a more wonderfully deserving person. Congrats to you. Clearly you have been blessed!!

Lori
    July 8, 2013 at 5:06 am

You so deserve all of it-go girl!!!

Linda
    July 8, 2013 at 5:11 am

Awesome!!!!!

Jessica
    July 8, 2013 at 5:11 am

Cara! I’m so. so. happy for you. Can’t even imagine the amazing day and experience you had. I can’t wait to read about every detail. Don’t hold back. Love, Jessica from Boston. πŸ™‚

Jayne
    July 8, 2013 at 5:17 am

I am so incredibly happy for you!!! What a blessing to have experienced that! It only seems fitting though since you have blessed so many others’ lives.

Melanie
    July 8, 2013 at 5:24 am

Congratulations! You deserved every minute of it!

Cami
    July 8, 2013 at 5:24 am

What an awesome experience!!!

Erin @ Sassin' Southern Style
    July 8, 2013 at 5:26 am

What an amazing experience! I’m looking forward to your beauty post! πŸ™‚

Alecia
    July 8, 2013 at 5:45 am

Wow! It sounds magical! You deserve it! <3

Maryrose
    July 8, 2013 at 5:57 am

It is awesome that you are seeing your goals come to fruition!

pennyp
    July 8, 2013 at 6:10 am

AWESOME!!! Sooo happy for you!! Thanks for the details on the experience. I laughed out loud at, “Take whatever you want”. Now I’m waiting for your product line. I’m totally sold!! πŸ˜‰

lizteabee
    July 8, 2013 at 6:19 am

I suspect that working with this particular Utah blogger was actually MORE fun than working with most celebrities. I’m so excited for the hair/makeup post. And I’m so excited for you! You’ve worked hard.

Allison
    July 8, 2013 at 6:22 am

You are most certainly the makeup artist that could be the model. So glad you had a blast! Carpe diem!!!

Liza Lu
    July 8, 2013 at 6:24 am

Wow! That sounds incredible πŸ™‚ everyone is so proud of you Cara! You inspire us all everyday, thank you for being such a sweet, REAL person!

Rachel
    July 8, 2013 at 6:27 am

Cara, maybe I don’t know you (I wish I did!), but I still find myself super proud of how far you’ve come and the accomplishments you’ve garnered with this blog. You have such a genuine nature that radiates through all of your posts, and it’s easy to root for you when you’re so gracious with your following and enthusiastic about what you do. You deserve all of this! And I hope you do get your own makeup line one day, if that is still one of your dreams πŸ™‚

Shiloh Barkley
    July 8, 2013 at 6:37 am

How lovely!

Liz Rakich
    July 8, 2013 at 6:40 am

Been following your blog for a while, so happy for you!!!! You DESERVED every minute of this experience!

Bridgot
    July 8, 2013 at 6:41 am

So happy for you πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing such an out-of-this-world experience with us all!

Amanda
    July 8, 2013 at 6:51 am

πŸ™‚ So extremely happy for you!!! Reading this brought tears to my eyes with a smile on my face because this opportunity couldn’t have happened to a more humble person & you deserve it! Can’t wait for the hair tips!!

Meredith
    July 8, 2013 at 6:56 am

Cara, that’s so awesome!! I can’t wait to hear the rest!

Meegan
    July 8, 2013 at 7:00 am

Im soooooo happy for you! Good things happen to good people. What a remarkable experience.

Erin
    July 8, 2013 at 7:04 am

I really miss your YouTube presence.

debbie romaneschi
    July 8, 2013 at 7:07 am

Hi Cara,
    What an incredible experience for you–you look fantastic. I hope your dreams and hopes come true for you because you are a lovely person.

missunderstoodme
    July 8, 2013 at 7:09 am

No doubt that your story will be the catalyst for other women to fulfill their dreams!

Kathleen
    July 8, 2013 at 7:09 am

Cara, I’ve never commented before, but I have to today because I am SOSOSO happy for you!!! I have been reading you for over a year and voted for you. You truly deserve this! We all can’t wait to share it with you and hear all of your New tips and tricks!

Sabrina botelho
    July 8, 2013 at 7:13 am

I have a few things to say.

1- having your own makeup line would be awesome! And you could so do it. You already have great DIYs so you pretty much. Have the hang of it. And your completely awesome. It’d totally be that creepy stalker that goes to your grand opening (no matter where it is) just to meet you and have u autograph a few things.

2- your trip to NY sounds so amazing and you deserve it. I think I’d cry if they told me take whatever you want in the makeup supple.

3- your bike ride sounds so romantic and I’m completely jealous. Of everything you did on this trip and your life that u worked so hard for.

Can’t wait to see you in allure!!

Sabrina

michellels
    July 8, 2013 at 7:17 am

So, so excited and happy for you!!

Oh, and feel free to keep giving suggestions for fun spots and things to do in NYC. I’m joining my husband (spur of the moment) on one of his business trips. So I’ve got 3 days there (daytime by myself and night with him). Bike riding sounds fun! What else?? πŸ™‚

Rebecca
    July 8, 2013 at 7:18 am

I am SOOOO excited for you!! Seriously, I’m crying!
    I have been one of your readers from the beginning. And I know we’ve never met, but I hope you can count me as one who’s believed in you and wanted you to succeed. πŸ™‚
    As soon as I saw one video, I was going crazy-nuts telling my family & friends about you. I’ve even hosted a couple girls nights where I’d send the gals the list of things they need and we’d watch your videos together, practicing a new makeup and hair technique.
    From one Mormon mom to another, Congratulations! You are amaze-balls and you deserve all the success in the world!!
    Clear eyes, full heart… πŸ˜‰

Mags
    July 8, 2013 at 7:23 am

I’m so happy for you. πŸ™‚

Erin
    July 8, 2013 at 7:27 am

Reading your blog is inspiring! I love the way you make your readers feel, taste, and see your experiences. Congratulations. I am on pins and needles waiting to see the hair and makeup blog you teased us with!!!

Carly
    July 8, 2013 at 7:43 am

Freakin’ fantastic. You deserved every bit of your perfect day.

K.D.
    July 8, 2013 at 7:52 am

As a single (mostly scared, but often fearless) single mom of 3…I cried reading this post! I turned my 13 year old daughter on to your blog and I know….a 13 year old girl just read this and became INSPIRED!! Thank you for living your life in such a big beautiful way that it touches any age and every generation….and thanks for proving that beauty comes from the inside!

Maribeth
    July 8, 2013 at 8:03 am

Wow. I mean, really.. holy cow. That sounds so amazing! I cannot even begin to imagine how insanely awesome that was! Good for you!

abbeymangus
    July 8, 2013 at 8:10 am

SO rad Cara!! Happy your dream are coming true!

Darcie R
    July 8, 2013 at 8:15 am

I give you credit for all that everyone has already mentioned, BUT – you were able to drop that big bag of beautiful products and go to a baseball game. You are truly amazing because I would have had to sit right down and spend the next two days enjoying everything in that bag! πŸ™‚ Thanks for the great blog – I really enjoy all of your posts!

Carla
    July 8, 2013 at 8:17 am

OMG CARA!!!!!!!!! What an amazing experience! And the beauty closet???!!!! I can’t even wrap my head around that! How cool that Cat just handed over a bag for you to fill! She was so nice… did my phone interview for the contest! Can’t wait to see more of the products you snagged! I seriously think i’d hyperventilate! See…. there’s a reason I didn’t make it to the last week! lol xoxo Carla

redtagcouture
    July 8, 2013 at 8:22 am

A huge congratulations on your accomplishment! The Allure visit looked like SO MUCH FUN! You are an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing & for an maintaining such an awesome blog!

XO RTC

Alice
    July 8, 2013 at 8:23 am

God bless you Girl! Your thankful attitude is beautiful, I would totally buy your beauty products! Praying you get a deal soon!

Ana
    July 8, 2013 at 8:25 am

I’m so excited for you!! That trip sounds like a complete fantasy. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on your new goodies!!

Maria
    July 8, 2013 at 8:30 am

Dear Cara, I feel like I know you many years, but I’m just your blog reader+ I’m living far away in Ukraine. But I like you and your blog a lot! I’m soooo happy for you! You go girl! πŸ˜‰

ivoryandoliveOlive
    July 8, 2013 at 8:32 am

I can’t think of another blogger who deserved it more! You’re extremely talented and I’m sure so many women have learned a lot from you, myself included! Keep up the great work.
    XOXO
    Olive

Megan M.
    July 8, 2013 at 8:33 am

So fun! I can’t wait to hear/see more! Congratulations!

Ashley
    July 8, 2013 at 8:36 am

What an inspiring story Cara! As Cinderella says, “Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through…The dream that you wish will come true.” Thanks so much for sharing. This was a great reminder to me to not let dreams fall victim to every day life!

gwendolyn
    July 8, 2013 at 8:36 am

this sounds magical! congrats and i’m glad you had such a great experience. conde nast is such a surreal experience and new york is in a league all it’s own! thanks for sharing!

Pink Haired Princess
    July 8, 2013 at 8:45 am

I agree with the other comment about the way you put these posts together and your personality that comes through. I stumbled upon your blog recently and am totally hooked and that’s because of your lovely nature. It’s so easy to be condescending about makeup/skincare application and tips or to be flippant of spectacular opportunities like this that come your way, yet you are real through it all. Thank you, your Scottish blogging bud, Pink Haired Princess x

A. Wright
    July 8, 2013 at 8:51 am

What a super fabulous day, how exciting. “Take whatever you want”, did you think you’d wake up at home in your jammies empty handed? Yours is the only beauty related blog I follow and I’ve learned so much here, thank you. The posts are obviously a ton of time and work. I personally know maybe a handful of people who have held on and made a career of their passion, they are truly inspiring and moreover, the happiest people I know.

Brenda
    July 8, 2013 at 9:03 am

Sounds so wonderful Cara and you looked gorgeous as always. Loved that black dress super cute! I’m so happy for you and hope all your dreams come true!

Megan A
    July 8, 2013 at 9:10 am

Cara – you have worked your butt off for moments like these and we are all cheering you on! When I found your blog just a few months ago, I read the whole thing from the beginning in 2 sittings (including all the videos). I couldn’t get enough! You are so warm and real and sweet and funny. Maskcara is so much more than a beauty blog. This is just the beginning for you!

Melin
    July 8, 2013 at 9:22 am

So happy for you!!! Need to hear more. Loving your fairy tale story.

Rachel Hauck
    July 8, 2013 at 9:36 am

Love hearing of your dreams coming true! Fun, fun!

natalie
    July 8, 2013 at 9:44 am

I would totally buy makeup from the Maskcara line! I’ve always enjoyed dressing up and doing my makeup, but being a mom to two young boys has caused me to slack off in the beauty department over the last few years. Your blog has inspired me to start caring again and not feel guilty about taking time to look pretty! I feel so much better about myself! Thank you and congrats on all your success!

Nathalie
    July 8, 2013 at 10:13 am

Totally awesome. I am sooo happy for you Cara! You certainly deserve all of what you’re currently given!!!

Mags
    July 8, 2013 at 10:22 am

Your post made me smile, and smile, and smile. Seriously, I was so happy for you! Congrats with everything! i can’t wait to buy make-up from the Maskcara line πŸ™‚

Wendy Eger
    July 8, 2013 at 10:27 am

You are so talented, passionate and genuine. It’s so great to see your dreams come true. Enjoy!

Alexis Jasek
    July 8, 2013 at 10:39 am

OMG OH My Goodness! Love you, love your blog, love you videos and absolutely think it’s fantabulous that you are living out part of your dream! You go girl and no I am not a creeper, just so excited for you!

Sarah @ teamtradermom
    July 8, 2013 at 10:50 am

How utterly amazing! Trip of a lifetime for sure! Congrats! Looking forward to the follow up beauty tips post – I discovered your blog just recently and have already incorporated several of your suggestions – can’t wait for more!

Alexa
    July 8, 2013 at 10:53 am

So happy for you! What an amazing experience. Dreams do come true!!!

McCall
    July 8, 2013 at 11:30 am

I’m so happy for you, that is just amazing!

nenebirdnicole
    July 8, 2013 at 11:55 am

That is just amazing!!! A big bag and a chance to pick all the goodies you want! That’s better than Cinderella going to the ball, in my opinion.

You are on your way to that dream.

Loved your tutorial of the quickie smudgey eye. I did it and it looked great!!!

Best dream and wishes to you..

Melissa
    July 8, 2013 at 11:57 am

my hearty skipped a beat when i read that they handed you a bag & said take whatever you want! Lucky Lady! It’s well deserved!!

Nicole
    July 8, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Congratulations on such a magical day and a well deserved achievement!

Nikita
    July 8, 2013 at 12:49 pm

I hope you had the best time ever! You inspire me so much, cant wait to hear more x

Heather Murphy
    July 8, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Congratulations on winning Allure Beauty Blogger of the Year, and your amazing trip to NYC. I’ve been a fan of yours since early this year, and I look forward to every post! Even though I don’t know you, I totally support you and hope that you attain your dreams. You are a wonderful role model and inspiration!!

Liezl
    July 8, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Brilliant!

Katie
    July 8, 2013 at 1:55 pm

You are the inspiration!! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! For letting us come on the ride =)
    Can’t wait for all the follow up posts with the dets!!!
    You can totally make your dreams come true!

liz @ btb
    July 8, 2013 at 2:11 pm

This is totally awesome! Can’t wait to hear more!

Jennifer M
    July 8, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I’m so glad you had such a wonderful experience. It just shows that it pays to dream big & to invest in yourself!

Rachel
    July 8, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I am so so happy for you!!! That day sounded like a dream come true. I know it felt like it. You deserve it.

caroline [the diy nurse]
    July 8, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Take whatever you want?!?! Whaaaa?

On another note, I think I’m still in the quiet phase of my dreams. I married my husband because he is so supportive of me in a 100% way with no doubt- unlike even my closest friends and family. Everyone needs someone like that. So great to hear that story- I think it’ll be in no time until you realize your dream πŸ™‚

Tammy
    July 8, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I am so super excited to read all about you in Allure! All of your dreams are coming true!! Amazing!! And the product line by “Maskcara”? You’ve sold me already!! Congratulations on your success. No one deserves it more!! Thank you for inspiring me to try be my best self- inside and out!! You rock!

Erin Barrow
    July 8, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Thank you for sharing your NY experience – I felt like I was right there with you – how EXCITING!! So happy to have been a small part of this amazing trip (voted for you every challenge because you were the best!). Looking forward to hearing more about your adventure!!!

Lisa
    July 8, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I am so very proud of you, that little girl with a dream is that much closer to makin it happen!! I bet you made those NY models green with envy that they don’t look like you! Congratulations!!

Holland Sarah
    July 8, 2013 at 5:14 pm

you. deserve. it. πŸ™‚

Marina Anderson
    July 8, 2013 at 5:32 pm

I wish I was a fly on the wallto see your glee, but you have painted a pretty good picture of your NY Allure experience- way to go Cara! Don’t ever change, man πŸ˜‰

Sharron
    July 8, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I’m so excited to see you in the magazine!!! But even more excited to buy the makeup from your future makeup line!!!! You would have the best stuff!! Please follow through with your dreams! You’re amazing. Keep up the good work!!

Chantel
    July 8, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Congrats, Cara! I’m so happy for you, and it’s good to know my votes had a hand in this whole experience. How cool is it to help make someone’s dream come true?! I can’t wait for the rest of these posts. Xo.

Tiffani hafen
    July 8, 2013 at 6:29 pm

my heart just fluttered with giddy enthusiasm for the experience you’ve had. I cannot wait to buy the magazine!

Lisa Carroll
    July 8, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Truly happy for you, and enjoyed reading about your experience. Looking forward to getting the magazine!

Emily L
    July 8, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Congratulations! Truly so happy for you! Good things are starting to happen . . . .

(I also don’t buy a lot of “paper” magazines–but I’ll definitely look forward to this one. I’m sure you will let us know when it hits the stands πŸ˜‰

Lauren H
    July 8, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Soo excited for you!! You deserve it. Can’t wait to hear more!

Liliya
    July 8, 2013 at 8:43 pm

You looked stunning! Ur cream heels look like they were made especially for your long beautiful legs and I love that you went back to brunette! Blonde look great on you but te dark brings out your eyes. I am sure your hubs was so happy to share the city with his superstar:-) much blessings to you!! You deserve it!!:-)

Melanie
    July 8, 2013 at 9:56 pm

so happy to read you had a great time, thanks for sharing!

Sharron
    July 8, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Also I love your outfit where are you standing with the other girls in front of the Allure wall.. where are those jeans and shoes from?>?

Annie
    July 9, 2013 at 1:36 am

Dear Cara, I have goose bumps from reading your article! Thank you for inspiring me. I am soooo proud of you and what you do! Thank you thank you thank you.

Anna
    July 9, 2013 at 4:37 am

It all sounds amazing! I am thrilled for you and would definitely like to read more about your trip & adventure at Allure. It couldn’t have happened to a more deserving woman.

merve
    July 9, 2013 at 6:41 am

Cara you’re the best! totally! you’re an inspiration, article was really inspiring…and i always follow you! you’re beautiful, nice and smart! that’s why lots of girls follow you and be like you! πŸ™‚

Michelle
    July 9, 2013 at 7:15 am

I am so happy for you!!! I can’t wait to read your posts about the products and your tricks that you learned!

Nicole Ann
    July 9, 2013 at 7:46 am

WOW!!! That does sound like the BEST. DAY. EVER!! Dreams DO come true….inpiring!!

Sharrie nelson
    July 9, 2013 at 8:54 am

Cara, I am so proud of you! I’m a “mature” woman who has been following you for about a year and you have improved my life immensely. I haven’t commented before, but I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to give you props and to tell you how proud I am of you! You make all us girls who follow you bust our buttons, but as a southern Utah girl myself, I have to say that I take particular pride in knowing that hardworking girls from small towns who have big dreams can absolutely bless and change the world. Keep it up. I’ll be cheering you on every day!

scout
    July 9, 2013 at 9:19 am

Can’t wait for the kind! Love your blog. Congrats! Make sure to tell us what goodies you filled your bag with and make us jealous πŸ™‚

Jessaying
    July 9, 2013 at 10:39 am

I am so excited for you and your accomplishments; you should be very proud of yourself. I can’t wait to hear more!! Don’t leave us hangin! πŸ™‚ And yes, let’s see what they let ya smuggle out of the building!!

Donna McCorkle
    July 9, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I am so happy for you, I don’t even remember how I stumbled upon your post but I am so glad I did. You are so beautiful and you deserve everything that is coming your way. Keep up the great work! πŸ™‚

Jet
    July 9, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Sounds amazing! Gave me goosebumps. So happy for you! xo

Maria
    July 9, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Looks like a dream come true sigh…… & of course you’re a “natural” you’re freaking gorgeous……Love your blog and I hope all your dreams do come true πŸ™‚

Angela Hall
    July 10, 2013 at 5:29 am

Cara, I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN!! And I so glad that you had a wonder time in NY and I love that leave tips for people like me who love make up any any beauty product. Please keep us in formed where what ever can get free samples. My money is a little tight! Congrats!!! Ur an inspiration to me!

Sarah @ Just So Lovely
    July 10, 2013 at 10:09 am

I’m totally late on commenting on this post, but I just couldn’t not. This is SO so inspiring and I’m so happy for you! it’s so nice to hear about such amazing things happening to someone who works so hard and so clearly deserves it. Thank you for being such an inspiration to probably many many people!

Sarah ~ Just So Lovely

Gina M
    July 10, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Cara your skin has such a beautiful glow! Do you use a particular product? I’ve tried jergens natural glow in the past, loved the color but after a few weeks it started peeling and I looked like a mottled zombie. Any suggestions?

Elisa
    July 11, 2013 at 5:43 am

I loved this post! so filled with hope for anyone in pursuit of their dreams! Congratulations! you not only deserve this for your amazing talent but because you are a good person. Best!

natalie
    July 14, 2013 at 8:37 am

We’re all so proud of you! I would also buy makeup from your line, especially your highlighter and contour. I found you on pinterest right after giving birth, so your tips have helped me through the puffy postpartum days while I waited for the baby weight to come off. Can’t wait for your bun-in-the-oven posts! Congrats again, sweet mama.

Cat
    July 15, 2013 at 10:46 am

Cara your story is truly inspiring! I am so glad that you chose to pursue your dreams and use your talent for what you were made to do. Congratulations on your recent success and more to come. You have given me so much hope in my journey to use my own talents and travel to New York to reach my goals. Good things happen to those who are willing to work hard and take risks. I am thankful for all of your wonderful tips and your willingness to share you experiences with all of your fans. You are beautiful inside and out. Cheers!

elle
    July 16, 2013 at 1:06 am

so excited i found your page…..i’ll start soaking myself in each of your posts as fast as i can…. Congrats on winning in that Allure best bloggah of the year!

Eliza
    July 16, 2013 at 12:41 pm

You are so inspiring Cara!! I have been reading your blog for a few months, and I’ve never commented, but I had to comment here because your post totally made me tear up. I’m so proud of you and I don’t even know you – your story and your spirit are just so touching. Bravo for chasing your dreams, and in the process, creating fun and inspiration for so many other women. Also, I’ve never really been that into hair and makeup, mostly because I just didn’t know how to do anything, and because of your blog, I totally know how to do myself up now! I love it!!

alyssa
    November 20, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I am in love with your jeans! any way you can post the link? thanks=]