My Life

Hump day happiness.

Just in case you need a laugh…

1. Baby Charlie (my new nephew) and a very proud cousin:

Even with a hairstyle fit for an older woman named Ethel, He’s still pretty cute..

2. This shirt:

Really settles the whole debate.

3. Forced apologies.

He’s not a sell out, I’ll give him that.

4. This pin:

Words to live by.

5. Awkward family photos:

Awkward family photos.

The wind never stood a chance.

PS Don’t forget to vote for the Allure Beauty Blogger Contest!

April 24, 2013 at 4:54 am

Awkward is right, lol! Which is worse, the “mall hair”, or the coordinating jogging suits?? Ahhh – the 80’s… 😉

April 25, 2013 at 1:59 am

hahaha I honestly couldn’t say, I wish I had a family photo this classic:)

April 24, 2013 at 5:13 am

My comment for the day: Those boys are gorgeous! I want to kiss their cheeks! (AND I vote everyday cause I’m that cool)

April 25, 2013 at 2:01 am

Thank you so much, you are the coolest:) I kiss their cheeks probably 300 times a day, much to Christian’s dismay!

April 24, 2013 at 6:22 am

Bwahaha I have the second amendment t-shirt!! My father is one of the top shooters in Utah so I wore that to one of his competitions as support. I was laughing so hard I could barely get dressed. Now, while my dad shares my sense of humor, everyone else…not so much. Thank you for this!

April 25, 2013 at 2:02 am

haha I am dying that you wore that to his competition! hahaha that’s hilarious

Eva Ward (@feefs2413)
    April 24, 2013 at 7:06 am

LOL ethel hair. soooooo cute!

April 24, 2013 at 7:16 am

LOVE a good laugh on a work day break! AND just got my STILA into the light pallette in the mail! Sportin it today! THANK YOU, CARA! Love you!

Jessica T
    April 24, 2013 at 7:18 am

LMAO awesome post, Cara!!! The “Ethel” hair comment was the best 🙂

April 24, 2013 at 7:51 am

Love!!! Awkward family photos is such a good site to go on when you need a laugh. Thanks for posting. I needed something funny to get through me last day of finals. 😀

April 24, 2013 at 8:08 am

I am loving the apology letter! Kids say the darnedest things, right?
    PS – Loving the Allure Contest. Voting everyday & I am totally going out to buy that Photoready Eye Pencil that you use in your video!

Maddy Cane
    April 24, 2013 at 9:46 am

Love the apology letter and that family photo is so funny! xx

Maddy from

April 24, 2013 at 10:30 am

Thanks for the laughs :). I read over all the bloggers entries for the allure contest, you really are the best ;). I voted, I hope you win!

April 24, 2013 at 10:39 am

Oh my you really are the best blogger, really funny, pretty, and smart. These really are funny, even my tough humored husband would laugh lol your awesome keep it up!

Amy Herron
    April 24, 2013 at 11:25 am

Thanks for the laugh! Love the makeup tutorials, they have really helped me step up my game and put my face on!
    I’m a busy mom and you’ve helped my makeup routine be much easier, and most important I look better. I just found Dr. Jart’s BB cream and I love it. What are your thoughts on that stuff?

April 25, 2013 at 2:03 am

You know, I have tried it but I’ve wanted to retry it since. Sometimes I think my samples dry out and I don’t get a good review. I thought it was dry but I have heard otherwise a lot! Thanks for the info!

Paige Reno
    April 24, 2013 at 8:13 pm

hey cara, you’re amazing, straight up. none of the other bloggers stand a chance. loved your vid but unfortunately, canadians aren’t allowed to vote 🙁 sending you all kinds of informal virtual support though! haha keep up the great work xoxo

April 25, 2013 at 2:04 am

Thank you so much! I love my Canadians and I think it’s super lame you guys aren’t given a vote! They sell Allure there too! Oh well, it’s the fact that you would if you could that I care about:)

Elizabeth Frank (@d1xbeth)
    April 24, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Haha Ethel’s gonna be a heartbreaker

Wendy DeBarathy Bankhead
    April 24, 2013 at 8:45 pm

This is truly brilliant! You’re so great, Cara. Love your whit!

Ann Marie
    April 24, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Bear arms! ….wow that took me a while but I got it!

I love you site, please do a makeup post for adult acne skin!

April 26, 2013 at 1:55 pm

You are so hilarious!!! I love to read your post just for the humor alone! (but of course I love everything else too!)

April 28, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Ok I am obsessed with your blog and I think you are just beautiful and wonderful! Thanks for sharing all your beauty knowledge and good sense of humor! Please never stop blogging, haha.

May 12, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I was definitely wondering about Christian’s hair… care to explain any further?