My Favorites My Life

A class act.

Every time I get asked the “If you could have dinner with any famous person in history, who would it be?”  questio,n my answer is always the same.

Audrey Hepburn.

She was so beautiful inside and out, inside especially. I adore her. How could anyone not?

“I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles”

“Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn’t help if your ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.”

“If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all.”

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”

Who would you have dinner with??

October 29, 2012 at 7:41 am

Mine is a toss up between Katharine Hepburn & Coco Chanel.

I admire Katharine for her independence in a time when it was taboo. “Everyone thought I was bold and fearless and even arrogant, but inside I was always quaking.” -Katharine Hepburn

Coco Chanel who defined feminine style and dress during the 20th Century was instrumental in setting the foundation for women & fashion today. “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” Coco Chanel.

October 29, 2012 at 8:54 am

Pictures of Audrey always makes me feel better about my eyebrows 8O)

October 29, 2012 at 10:43 am

Haha Cassie I was thinking the same thing! Funny how that has changed..she is still SO beautiful though!!

October 29, 2012 at 10:14 am

She is an angel. Love Audrey! I would maybe choose Robert Frost. It’s so hard to pick just one.

October 29, 2012 at 2:29 pm

C.S. Lewis, definitely.

BTW, does this mean there will be an Audrey Hepburn tutorial in the near future?

Angela Whitbeck
    October 29, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I am absolutely in awe of Mary, the mother of our Christ and Savior, Jesus. The sacrifices she made are something with which I have no comprehension and are unimaginable. Mary must be an amazing woman/mother to have raised a son who sacrificed himself and was resurrected so that we too can be resurrected if we are worthty.

October 29, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Paul Newman……those eyes were always so mesmerizing. And a good soul, to boot. Who could ask for more for a dinner partner?

October 30, 2012 at 11:36 am

that’s true…oh I want him to come to my dinner too!

Chris Werme
    October 30, 2012 at 12:41 am

Nick Killpack Period.

October 31, 2012 at 7:05 am

Queen Elizabeth I, she didn’t need a man and she was one of the greatest monarchs… And she was a ginger like me 🙂

November 2, 2012 at 2:11 am

Emma Watson or J.K. Rowling. They are both so inspirational and are wonderful women!

December 12, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Elizabeth Taylor. What a life! She would drink me under the table though…..

October 23, 2013 at 1:39 pm

You should do an Audrey Hepburn look! I bet it would be incredible (:

Michaela Hoover
    January 11, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I went as Audrey Hepburn for Halloween
    I would definitely have dinner with her

February 11, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Beautiful Audrey! A class act to be sure. Lovely in every way. I bought a shirt with Audrey’s face on it and the young girl cashier told me my face should be on the shirt. Wow! What a compliment! I disagree with her, but I thank her for her compliment just the same… I would love to have dinner with Marilyn Monroe. So beautiful! I am decorating my room with her image. Total bombshell! “When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I’m already better than them.” “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe.

February 11, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Cara, I haven’t seen any Marilyn Monroe makeup looks on your blog. Would it be possible for you to do one? I really want to copy Marilyn’s eye brows! They gave actress/singer Katherine McPhee Marilyn’s eye brows on that now cancelled show, Smash, and I am wondering how they achieved that? I would dearly love to know how to do it. I am considering cutting my hair like Marilyn’s beautiful sexy crop.I would also love to copy her eye makeup look. Would love a tutorial and how-to pictures! 🙂

February 11, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Oh yeah, I would also have dinner with Betty Boop if she were real. 🙂 Do you think you could do modernized makeup how-to pictures of Betty Boop perhaps? I would love to know how to be a Betty! Or even exactly like Betty Boop for Halloween purposes! Could be fun, right? A fun challenge to maybe consider… 🙂 Having dinner with Lucille Ball would be awesome! I know my baby sister would totally love to have dinner with her! She owns all the “I Love Lucy” dvd’s and knows so many of the lines by heart! Lucille was a very pretty lady indeed. Hilarious as all get out. 🙂

March 8, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Hey Cara! I was looking at YouTube videos and I was wondering if you would please do some makeup tutorials/pics of the one and only Miss Shania Twain? I love her makeup looks on her videos “Having a Party” and “Gonna Getcha Good”. Also her videos “From This Moment”, “Man, I Feel Like a Woman”, and “That Don’t Impress Me Much”. She has some serious seriously beautiful makeup looks on those videos! It would literally be a crime if you didn’t do those makeup looks/tutorials on Shania Twain. Soooooo, you wouldn’t want to be in violation of the law, now would you? 🙂 Yep, it’s in the books, a new law. Code #134129 Section 8. 🙂 Don’t believe me? Check it out. And please don’t forget about doing tutorials for Marilyn Monroe, Britney Spears video “Lucky”, The Cardigans “Love Fool” video and a bunch more that I am sure I will slam you with later. 🙂 🙂 (There’s a new law for that, too. Code# 14687349023674532137845930 Section 2.) 🙂 Well can you blame me? You are THE go-to girl when someone needs a beautiful makeup tutorial to reinvent themselves with. Ladies, am I wrong? 🙂 I think not. I’m sorry for asking so much of you, Cara, but you’re the only person I know who is so good at doing this! It is not my fault that you excel at this. 🙂 So please consider it, please oh please oh please!! Just think how awesome it would be to add these incredible makeup looks to your blog! More women will swarm to it than they already do! You will be catapulted to the very skies! (You’re not afraid of heights, right?!) 🙂 That’s ok, just don’t look down and take a tranquilizer and you should be fine. 🙂 Don’t mind me! I have a very dry and quirky sense of humor, so my sisters tell me. Anywho, will you please check out said music videos on YouTube when you get the chance, Cara? I have no doubt that you will think they are great and beautiful and terrific and you’ll want to do them sometime. (Keeping my fingers crossed!) Oh, and just so you know, there are a lot of falling stars here in San Antonio, Texas where I currently live so I will be wishing on them for you to do these tutorials! Just sayin’. 🙂 Thanks, Cara! I hope you are feeling well. Take good care ~

March 8, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Oh oh oh oh! I just remembered this! Will you please also do a makeup tutorial of Robert Palmer’s girls on his music video “Simply Irresistible”? It’s a crazy hot 80’s video! Seriously, the girls are out of this world gorgeous. No exaggeration. Will you please take a look and consider doing a demo and a tutorial on it? I promise you will have so much fun! 🙂 Your friends and family will be wowed by it. Your fans will love you for it. Also, do you know that old awesome movie “Never Ending Story” When I was little I thought the little girl Empress was so beautiful, I couldn’t stop thinking about her and wishing I could look like that and wow everyone at school! Would you please do a makeup tutorial on the little girl Empress from that cool movie? If it will help I will get on my knees and beg! Ok, I’m on my knees and begging. Is it working yet? 🙂 The look totally translates to women! Check it out, ok? You will love the look, too! I absolutely promise you. Thank you, Cara! Namaste’

March 8, 2014 at 7:08 pm