Makeup Products

Fun Fall Makeup Idea!

Lips {REVLON Colorburst Lip Butter in Creamsicle}
Eyes {L’Oreal Shadow in Plum Roya}

vise versa

Eyes {Maybelline 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Fierce and Tangy}
Lips {Maybelline Lipcolor in Plum Paradise}

Thanks for all of your ideas for the Halloween costumes…
Now I just  have to do some experimenting!
Hope you all had a good weekend, I drove 9 hours with a 2 year old in the backseat and it actually wasn’t that bad. Now we are in Tahoe, CA. So if you know anything cool I should be doing here please let me know!

October 15, 2012 at 9:26 am

You could drive to Reno and come see me!

October 15, 2012 at 9:27 am

South Lake or North Shore? If North Shore, def hit up Sunnyside…it’s a hotel and restaurant and the food and view is amazing. In South Shore, Fire and Ice has great food, and Zephyr Cove and Emerald Bay are must-see parts of the lake!

October 15, 2012 at 9:56 am

Hey Cara,
    I love these looks! I have been wanting to update my look, and both of these definitely help transition from summer to fall. I was just wondering if you did a tutorial for either one of these?

October 15, 2012 at 10:37 am

I never heard back about your natural haircolor. I thought I read you said you were a natural blonde. I am too but want to go dark. It would be so helpful to know if I read this correctly and if you’re more of a blonde then do you know what color you’re using now?

October 15, 2012 at 11:25 am

Lisa! Thank you for asking again! I sometimes read a comment and then get distracted and totally forget to go back! So yes, I am naturally dirty dishwater blonde. When I went from blonde to brown my sister dyed it red first then put Redkin NB3 shades EQ in it. That way it faded out brown instead of going greenish gray…Let me know if there’s anything else you need to know and good luck with the switch!

October 15, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Thank you so much!! You’re awesome!

October 15, 2012 at 2:40 pm

So great. The first one is my favorite. Love the plum around the eyes. Going to try this. Also, great contouring!

Aubrey @ Tartlet Bakery
    October 15, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I just got back from Tahoe last night! A couple of beautiful places to check out would be Sand Harbor and Emerald Bay! Also, if you’re in North Shore, The Old Post Office Cafe is SO YUMMY!!!

October 16, 2012 at 1:20 pm

you have such a megan fox quality about you…:

October 16, 2012 at 5:20 pm

You do such an amazing job with your makeup. I just found your blog today from Pinterest and I have been on it on and off all day. I am a mom of four and I find myself going out without makeup on a lot. I loved your mommy makeup tutorial and I plan on starting with that first. Thank you. I do have a question, what do you recommend for having makeup stay on longer? I find myself doing my makeup and then a few hours later it doesn’t look like I even put any on. Any suggestions would be great 🙂 Thank you.

Joyclyn Wise
    October 16, 2012 at 5:22 pm

What eyeshadow colors would you suggest to get this look?

October 17, 2012 at 6:59 pm

So I recently had to get glasses for a vision problem I’m having that won’t allow me to wear contacts 🙁 I have always played up my eyes since they are my best facial feature. Now i find they’re being hidden behind my glasses and I feel like I can’t get away from the boring librarian look. Any ideas?

October 20, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Hi Cara!
    I bought the Plum Paradise because I loved the color but its totally pinkish on me, not purple at all really. Should I go with a deeper purple? Thanks

October 23, 2012 at 10:01 am

Meegan, were you using liner? You can always get a deeper shade but try it with a darker liner underneath first, it might deepen the color just enough:)

October 23, 2012 at 10:43 am

Thanks Cara, No I didnt use a liner at all. Did you use one all over your lips before you applied the lipstick?

October 22, 2012 at 11:17 am

I need help applying make up that contours my face and makes me look like I have more prominent cheek bones. I can’t seem to get it right, what is the trick? I love the Creamsicle lip color too, and I went to buy some today and that was the only color they were out of! I have a very similar skin tone to you and I also have dark hair so I feel like all of your looks could work for me. I’m so happy I stumbled upon your blog.

September 25, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Did you use a brush to apply the fierce and tangy shadow? Also I would love to see a tutorial with these looks. Thanks for posting all of the make up tips. I’ve learned so many things watching your videos. 🙂