My Life

I hope you guys missed me this week.

I missed you so bad! … I was a little distracted though…

I gotta wait til I get all my photos back from the wedding to show you more of that good stuff (it was perfect BTW and no, he isn’t pregnant in spite of my awkward hand position…) Here’s what I got from the rest of the week…

We stayed at a lovely hotel on the beach in La Jolla, California. Woah, my toe looks crazy!

Can you spot a ring on that man’s finger? So sexy.

And we, of course, went golfing. Or more accurately he went golfing and I read in the shade of the cart. It was the first time I have read a real book  since I gave birth I think! Torrey Pines Golf Course was GORGEOUS! as you can see.

No photographic evidence but, we also did some shopping. I gotta say that when I walk into a GIGANTIC Forever 21, I forget everything I know. I have no idea how to shop in a place with three levels jam packed with clothes I can actually afford and not decide at some point that I need a sparkly disco skirt or a pair of platform heels i’ll never wear. How do I pick? Who am I? What do I even like? and seriously, why is this shirt only $3.95!!???

Our hotel rummaged up some Sparking Juice for us when we told them we didn’t drink the hard stuff….Such HOSPITALITY!

Then we traveled to Vegas and stayed at a suite in the Palazzo. I wanted to move in.

You can’t tell in this photo but that couch was velvet and a sectional. I think I’m busy playing Ticket to Ride on Nick’s phone. Pretty addicted, but for good reason. I’m thinking about going pro, this gal beat 3  Hunningbots with a score of 200 on the drive. So…put that in your pipe and smoke it.

October 1, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Congratulations!!! Looks like you scored yourself a good one 🙂 Here’s to wedded bliss!

Samantha Murphey
    October 1, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Congrats! You look gorgeous and happy — the perfect wedding combo. 🙂

Cassie Ilten
    October 1, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I’m so glade you had a good time and I’m so glade you are back. I have a question, but I didn’t want to bother you on your honeymoon. I’ll email you this week!!! Congrats!!!!

October 1, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Love it! Now hurry up post some more pictures, girl! Your fans are waiting 🙂

October 1, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Feel the same way about F21! And when I have my toddler with me= nightmare. I awkwardly bump into all the jammed packed clothes with the stroller. Congrats on the marriage! Honeymoon looked like lots of fun!

October 1, 2012 at 5:49 pm

CARA! So Beautiful!!! ♥♥♥ Congratulations xo K

Megan Shaheen
    October 1, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Yay! So happy for you! What a perfect day! You are a perfect couple! wahoooo!

October 1, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I am laughing so hard….”why is this shirt only $3.95!?” Glad you had a good time and that you’re home. Hope I get to hang with your coolness soon. Love you! Xoxo

October 1, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Congrats!!! You just always look so gorgeous! And happy! Can’t wait to see the wedding pictures! 🙂

October 1, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Congrats!!!!! you guys look so in love and made for each other.

Andria Leicht
    October 1, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Congrats! Where did you find your dress?

October 1, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Ha ha- love your Forever 21 comment! So TRUE!!! Why is this shirt only $3.95? lol (def been there)

October 1, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Im so happy for you! Reminds me of my day 14 years ago 🙂 You are beautiful and he is so handsome.

[email protected]
    October 1, 2012 at 11:34 pm

November 17, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Evan, Emily and Isaiah – Wow! That’s all I have to say! I sure wish you’d been around doing this when we got maierrd I know I’m not the only person thinking that though! Rosie God has truly given you a very special gift! It has been such a blessing to see you use it for Him! Love you!August 16, 2008 10:30 am

October 2, 2012 at 1:41 am

So happy for you!!

October 2, 2012 at 1:47 am

Congrats and tnx for this blog and overall advice found you today and I am so in Love with this blog! Def have a new fan in Puerto Rico!

October 2, 2012 at 3:19 am

THRILLED for you! Look how cute your little man looks all in white… *sigh*

Congrats to yo ALL!

October 2, 2012 at 3:30 am

SO happy for you!!! <3 You guys look so cute and happy!!! You deserve all the best. I cannot wait to hear more about the big day and see more pictures. Enjoy all your time on the honeymoon and in the beginning of marriage. 🙂

October 2, 2012 at 11:24 am

Gorgeous! Very excited for you in the adventure of marriage! You two look so happy together and make a super cute family! Congratulations!

October 2, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I missed you Cara! I can not wait for your wedding pictures and hope you will continue in your BASIC series. I love your website and your videos and helpful post. Thank you=)

Mariah Hokins
    October 2, 2012 at 4:37 pm

You are so pretty! I love your blog and beauty tips 🙂 Congrats on getting married. I got married 5 months ago and it is so much fun!

-Mariah Hopkins

Check out my blog:

Jill ayers
    October 3, 2012 at 9:40 am

Sounds like a great day ! Congrats!

October 3, 2012 at 11:35 am

Congratulations! I’m so happy that it all went smoothely. Torrey pines is gorgeous. I just hope it wasn’t too hot here that week. And I chuckled about reading the book. Ive got two kids and if I didn’t get an hour for lunch I would never read either. 🙂

October 3, 2012 at 3:32 pm

stayed in a suite at the Palatzzo/Ventitian in january when i went to Vegas and it was amerrrrzing. the bathroom was insane. going back next week! 🙂 congrats!

October 3, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Lucky! Cherry on the top is the BIG OLD sephora in the Venition!Have fun!

October 3, 2012 at 6:11 pm

How fun!! Congratulations to you and Nick! You two are adorable together! Glad you had fun in La Jolla! Torrey Pines is one of my favorite places out here! 🙂

October 4, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Can’t wait to see photos of the big day!!

October 4, 2012 at 9:48 pm

You are so cool and pretty! Thanks for sharing such a special moment in your life! Congrats!

October 5, 2012 at 8:34 am

Congrats! Are those leather leggings in that pic? I am dying for some, but can’t find any under $500. Where did you get them?

October 12, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Hi Cara,
    I recently came across your blog and I hope this doesn’t sound weird because I’m not a freakish stalker or anything, but I felt a connection with you and instantly knew you were a good person. As I have read over your blog the last 2 days you look really familiar to me, and then I heard in one of your vids that you’re from St. George, so I assumed that could be it. Anyway I just wanted to say how happy I am for you about your wedding. I know what it’s like to have a man who finally treats you good and loves you unconditionally. If you ever get bored I would love you to check out my blog (this is me hoping that by some great chance you actually read this message and check my blog to see that I’m not crazy. lol) You strike me as a girl I would be friends with, and that’s saying something for me. Either way, I wish you all the best of luck, and just wanted you to know that from the person you show yourself to be on your blog, has touched me, and I think you’re an amazing person. Have a great weekend!
    Jilly Strasburg

October 23, 2012 at 11:04 am

Congratulations on your marriage!! God Bless your little family!! 😀

November 20, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Where did you get the black shiny leggings you are wearing in hotel suite picture? I love them!