Pretty Potion!

In addition to my countdown I am trying to eat as healthy as possible this week.
Which is something I am SO not good at.
I am completely miserable trying to stick to something strict so I usually just try to do the no-brainer things.
Like: easy on the sweets or foods soaked in lard and try to add in some veggies here and there.
I do find that when I relent and eat certain foods I can SEE the results in my skin hair AND under my eyes. (when I am eating diet coke and Oreos for breakfast I get saggy green and purple bags below my peepers, cute? I think not.)
Hence the potion.
Packed with all the good stuff: protein, antioxidants, vitamins, calcium, iro,n omega 3’s…what have you.
Which seriously works it’s magic aaaannnnnnndddddd
tastes delicious in the process!
(I even got one very picky curly haired toddler to drink up, in fact I had to make two cause he was totally hogging it)

1 Large handful or Spinach
1/2 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Banana
1/2 Cup Ice
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter

Blend and slurp.

September 19, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Love healthy smoothies! Have you tried putting some Kale in it too? So healthy. I have some great juicing recipes and other fabulous smoothie recipes as well if you would like to try something new! Love your updates 🙂 Happy wedding week!

September 19, 2012 at 2:57 pm

just made this with my 20 month old and we love it! we also added oatmeal for whole grains.

September 19, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I love smoothies! Eating clean makes a huge difference. After it being such a habit in my life, my rare junk moments make me sick. I have some super yummy smoothie recipes too. 🙂

September 19, 2012 at 7:28 pm

We drink these every day — we call them the “Green Monster”. I also add a scoop of fruit/veggie protein powder and a tablespoon of vanilla greek yogurt! My kids (12, 9, 5) can’t believe they have spinach in them 😉 LOVE —

September 19, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Try adding 1/4 old fashioned oats to that! I do the exact same thing but with the oats, which are great for you! (not sure what kind of blender you have, but in my vitamix, the mix comes out totally smooth, so there aren’t any oats).

September 19, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever been to the Brook house and not been offered a delicious green smoothie! Just another reason why you are the perfect family for me. Can’t wait to see you in that dress on Saturday! Woohooo! Xoxo

September 20, 2012 at 1:03 am

sooo good! you totally don’t need the martini glass to make it taste better but super cute!

September 21, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I decided to try this smoothie today..tastes great! I’m always looking for new smoothie recipes!

September 26, 2012 at 6:08 am

I have a very similar smoothie every morning except I substitute the ice with frozen berries (even more antioxidants), use coconut water and almonds instead of the peanut butter. And like you, my little boy thinks it’s funny to drink Mummy’s smoothie before she does. Love him but stay away from my smoothie.

September 30, 2012 at 11:05 pm

I just tried this tonight and was SUPER surprised at how tasty it is!!! This will definitely be a go to smoothie on a regular basis!

October 28, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Made this today and loved it! My husband was skeptical when he saw it in the blender, but after trying a sip he proceeded to steal the rest of it!

Priscila Balak
    November 3, 2012 at 11:43 am

Pretty potion | Maskcara has been saved like a favorite :), I like your blog!

January 8, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I also make this “green monster smoothie” which is basically the exact same thing as this recipe. So good! It actually tastes better IMO if you nix the ice and use a frozen banana instead (peel and slice the banana before freezing, then wrap in saran wrap).

February 12, 2013 at 3:51 am

Been trying to eat healthy this week… This smoothie was amazing 🙂

Kristen @ Glambunctious
    February 15, 2013 at 8:30 am

I just wanted to tell you how much I’ve enjoyed this! It’s DELICIOUS! I even got my fiance {who LOATHES spinach} to try it and he thought it was really tasty! Thanks for sharing this, Cara! 🙂

February 20, 2013 at 9:19 am

I just made your pretty potion and I love it! Thanks for sharing!! My 2 year old loves it and I have never been able to get her to eat spinach!

April 24, 2013 at 6:04 am

I substituted organic almond butter for peanut butter, so good!

November 12, 2013 at 5:03 am

Laura, I agree whole heartedly. Organic almond butter also provide twice the energy than the peanut butter. I eat it with organic honey and I am good to go. If there is a Trader Joe’s around, this is a place to buy organic almond butter at a discount price. Glorya

June 10, 2013 at 7:30 am

If you really want to see a difference eliminate sugar from your diet. It causes aging, cellulite, and inflammation in the body. I have been off of it for almost 3 months, and some wrinkles have dissappeared, cellulite is almost gone, and I no longer have pain in my body. I also had oily skin and acne all my life. My skin is the best I have ever seen it, no more oil or acne. I am 42 and my skin is fantastic. I just wish I had known all of this in my teenage years!!

Another big reason to stop sugar is cancer thrives on sugar and lack of oxygen. It can not survive with out it.

I hope this helps.

make money online
    September 19, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Hi, i read your website every once in awhile and i possess a comparable just one i just wondering if you get a lot of junk remarks? If that’s so how will you stop this, just about any extension or even everything else you can recommend? I get a great deal of these days it

December 30, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Where did you get that cute apron?