Beauty Basics Celebrity Looks Makeup Tutorials

Look TWO {Basics Series}

I chose this look inspired by Jennifer Lopez.

This is a recreation of the look I did on my sister “in the nude”. It’s SUCH a perfect look for a beginner because it’s very neutral and super simple. I used the brown contacts for this but you really don’t have to have brown eyes, I just wanted to look more like JLo.

I used the Ultimate Kit on this look, specifically:

L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black
Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Nude
LORAC PRO Palette 0.08 oz
CoverGirl Perfect Blend Eye Pencil in Mink
Colour Riche Legloss in Baby Blossom
Rimmel Natural Bronzer Sun Bronze

August 31, 2012 at 3:11 pm

haha you crack me up!!! 🙂

August 31, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Beautiful! I can’t wait to try. I did look #1 yesterday and I loved it! I always skip the shadow when i go easy on the liner and i never like it but it looked so pretty with the gold, and the lip butter as blush ….genius!! Love you 🙂

August 31, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Love! <3

August 31, 2012 at 3:42 pm

August 31, 2012 at 3:46 pm

What brushes did you use??

August 31, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Morphe (from

August 31, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I love this series! Keep posting! xox

August 31, 2012 at 4:51 pm

i can’t even begin to describe how much your tutorials have helped me. i have gone from feeling like either plane jane or a clown, to feeling beautiful. i have a 1 and 2 year old and am getting more compliments now than ever. the tips, the tricks, the tools…you have seriously changed my life and i just wanted to say thank you 🙂

August 31, 2012 at 4:54 pm

WOW! Who knew that such a natural look could make your eyes pop so much! I have brown eyes too and I’m always looking for ways to make them stand out .People always say that using purple shadow on brown eyes is a good way to do it but purple just doesnt go with everything (sadly).

Cassie Ilten
    August 31, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Soooooo that was really great. Um I’m looking forward to the next one 8O)

August 31, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Nip slip! oh my gosh I’m still laughing. I’m so mature. 😉

August 31, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I don’t get how you can figure out all the looks from pictures! It is seriously so crazy, i wish i could!! They all look amazing! gorg!

August 31, 2012 at 10:40 pm

New to your blog and…. Love it! Love this look, love all your tutorials, love everything! Thanks for making it look so easy!

September 1, 2012 at 1:52 am

Awesome! I love the tip about the diamond for the bronzer. I have been doing it all wrong (right on the apple of my cheeks and middle of my nose).

September 1, 2012 at 3:39 am

Tanya! Honestly that can look really pretty too, it’s a very sunkissed look, it just doesn’t do much for contouring and it can be troublesome around the mouth and between the brows. Either way try both and then you can decide which you like better! Let me know how it goes!Thanks

September 1, 2012 at 1:59 am

I have been watching your tutorials for months now and have decided that you could take any makeup and make it look good! You are so very talented! I have shared your blog with tons of my girl friends. My poor husband doesn’t realize how much money I have spent trying to get a good makeup collection going that is like yours 🙂 Tomorrow I am going to get the Lorac eye shadow pallet! Cant wait to try your newest tutorials!

I was wondering what you recommend for face wash? Do you wash your face in the morning before applying any makeup? Also, what primer have you tried recently that you love??

Thanks for helping all of us ladies feel beautiful!

September 1, 2012 at 3:37 am

Thanks so much Amber! I use Philosophy products! I am working on a post about the whole skin regime so STAY TUNED for that but in the meantime it’s the purity and I use it at night and only wash once a day. I haven’t been using primer because I am so happy about the BB creams cause it’s all in there! it really is too I can totally feel the primer in it and it does the job! Let me know if this helps!

September 3, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Thanks so much for your quick response! and so do you wear the BB cream under your foundation?? like bobbi brown foundation?
        Also, do you like the bobbi brown foundation better than MUFE?

I feel like MUFE kinda makes my face look oily/dewy.
        trying to find a new foundation.

ps. shared this blog with my sister yesterday and she loves it! SO helpful and fun!

September 3, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Thank you! When I use the BB I just sue it alone, it really doesn’t seem to need more. I Have been liking bobbi brown better but I have dry skin and if you thing the MUFE is too oily I doubt you would like the Bobbi. It is much more dewey in my opinion. I would try smashbox BB if I were you…

September 1, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Holy crap. You are hilarious, beautiful, and your tutorials are so awesome!!! I love that you even use a lot of grocery-store accessible make up and it WORKS! Thanks so much. Can’t wait to pore over your whole site when my four angels hit the hay.

September 1, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Cara, did you only use BB creams for this or did you use a foundation over it? I tried Maybeline BB and it doesn’t seem like it covers well.

Carlie Jean
    September 2, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Look at you glowing! Love it!

September 3, 2012 at 3:32 pm

OK- you are GORGEOUS! and this look is amazing! I used to always wear these tones but not like this, and this look is SO much better! I’m gunna have to break them out again!!! 🙂

also, so my hair is naturally the same color as yours (this almost black color) and im greying (im 23…sad huh!?) so i just dyed it “soft black” but my olive skintone is a bit light right now because i havent been in the sun, i know you use the sunlabs overnight tan, but how do you do your face and back? i used to do spray tans, but the overnight tan seems so much easier, and CHEAPER but how do you make sure you get all of you?

YOUR TUTORIALS ARE INCREDIBLE btw 🙂 definitley my favs 🙂

September 3, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Thank you SO much Melissa! OK SO I use sun labs on my face after a shower I just start on the outside edges of my face and move in (avoiding the inbetween brow area and mustache area:) as for my back I usually just try to get my shoulders and lower back myself and I don’t really worry about the rest because my hair is really long so that part of my back is generally covered anyway! You can always have a friend do it though:) Thanks so much! Hope this helps:)

September 5, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Gorgeous again!

September 5, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Just saw the Morphe brushes on

Which set do you recommend? The Sephora ones look awesome, but the morphe is definitely more in my price range!

September 5, 2012 at 11:00 pm

I like the $17 set the best actually, it has a really good mix! You will love them!

September 6, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Yay. Ordering today! I have to say, I love ALL of your tips and tricks and videos. I wish I could have you do my makeup all the time! We have a big black-tie event coming up, and I can’t wait to try one of your hair / makeup looks. You are so talented, and my sister and I LOVE your blog! Keep up the amazing work.

October 19, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Just watched this video again bc I just got the Lorac pallete and can’t wait to do this look!! What color bobbi brown bronzer do you use?

March 11, 2014 at 2:45 am

What a beautiful easy breezy natural look! You look really good with brown eyes, but I think God got it right when he blessed you with your beautiful blues. 🙂 But it IS a lot of fun to try different contact lens colors, this I know!