Beauty Basics Celebrity Looks Makeup

Look ONE {Basics Series}

I chose this natural look inspired by Megan Fox:

Because it’s one of those makeup looks tried once and then couldn’t stop doing cause I loved it so much.
This is what is called a “balanced face” where the focus is not on the eyes or the mouth it is balanced equally between the two. I tend to gravitate toward those looks.
I am quickly becoming obsessed with the Lorac palette I used in this basics kit.
It’s a revelation.

I used all items from my basic kit, specifically:
L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black
L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Nude
LORAC PRO Palette 0.08 oz
CoverGirl Perfect Blend Eye Pencil in Mink
REVLON Lip Butter in Cherry Tart
Rimmel Natural Bronzer Sun Bronze

August 30, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Very pretty!

Ashley flowers
    August 30, 2012 at 3:55 pm

You’re amazing!!!

August 30, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Gorgeous lady! I love this! Thanks!

Cassie Ilten
    August 30, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Love it. You look lovely as always.

August 30, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I’ve been looking for a highlighter and got a sample of YSL at Sephora that I love but there is no way I want to spend $40 for it. I’m hitting the drug store and picking up your Maybelline Dream Lumi. Whenever I want a new item I come to your blog to find an affordable option. Thanks, girl! You look gorge as always. And a HUGE congrats on your engagement! So excited for you!! xoxo

August 30, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I’m very excited about this series! Just what I need. 🙂

August 30, 2012 at 7:34 pm

You make Beauty on a budget look good 🙂

August 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I think it looks better on you then her!!!

August 30, 2012 at 9:31 pm

That is amazing! Seriously, amazing!

August 31, 2012 at 2:55 am

Im so excited about this series!!! I try a lot of the products you recommend on this blog and I’m never disappointed, so I can’t wait to buy the eye palette! 🙂

September 1, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Man girl! so awesome! Love this a lot!

November 16, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Any blood at all kind of nixes the reigolin of peace thing, and i can’t back a reigolin that hates me for how i was made i’m afraid.Until Christianity stops brainwashing children and forcing their agenda of hate, and ignorance, i will continue to dislike them.Not only that, but stop trying to affect the country, this country was founded on separation of church and state for a reason. While i understand but we aren’t all like that! Some of you are, and that’s enough.

September 1, 2012 at 6:21 pm

I found your website from pinterest, and am loving it. I have never been much for hair and makeup (I have a travel size hairspray in my cabinet now that is 4-5 years old that I am still working on using up) but I have been trying out new things after your blog. Thanks!!
    (ps.I have an idea— I would LOVE to see your makeup stash and how you organize it. I once read a cooking blog that had people send in pics of their pantry and she posted a new pantry once a week. That was really neat to peek in other’s homes. Just a thought!!)

September 13, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Oooh. I like that idea too.

Mj whit
    September 3, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Do you not use Laura Mercier anymore? I bought it because you it looked great I’m you previous vids but it is so dry…. Am I doing something wrong?

September 3, 2012 at 4:04 pm

That is actually why I stopped using it, they changed their formula and now it is too dry and heavy for me now. Depending on the store you got it at you can probably still take it back, I use Clinque even better concealer or dream lumi highlighting concealer now! sorry about that!

Rachel S.
    September 5, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Love it, thanks for the tutorial!

September 6, 2012 at 5:13 am

I absolutly love your blog and videos! You are such a big help when i have questions or in a make up rutt. But im obsessed with this look! But I’m having a hard time deciding to get the NAKED pallet or the one that you used. Which one do you recommend for someone who is a brown eyed brunet? Thank you for all of your fabulous advice!

September 6, 2012 at 5:11 pm

haha you have NO IDEA how long I sat with these two palettes hashing over this same question of which to recommend. I chose the Lorac Palette because I think the shadows are higher pigment and creamier so I think they are user friendly and will last longer. I also liked that the Lorac Palette had more matte colors, which are really vital in a basic kit and was a little less expensive. I love them both so, though, let me just say this: Buy whichever one you like better (you can do these looks with both) but I definitely recommend Naked 2 over Naked. It is a much more versatile kit.

September 7, 2012 at 4:15 am

Ok thanks so much! 🙂

September 7, 2012 at 11:10 am

I use a lot of powder eye shadow but it doesn’t seem to have as much color. Is this because it is a powder?

Have you ever thought of doing any retro looks? I would love to see it! Also, for me it would be helpful for some tips on how to make your eyes appear bigger. Thanks!

September 10, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Love this look! But don’t have the time, or money right now, to get the pallet. Do you know of any drug store alternatives?

September 13, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Oooh this one has my vote for your wedding make-up!

September 13, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Hi Cara, I tried this look today with whatever I had that I thought was close enough. I feel very pretty. Thank you for the great tutorials.

November 19, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Is the eyeliner in this post brown or black?

December 13, 2012 at 11:40 am

LOVE this natural look! Thanks so much for this! Also I’m jealous, Because you really do look like Megan fox here!!! Definitely gonna use this

April 14, 2013 at 8:39 am

What about redheads? Do any of those brow colors work for us? Having a hard time with my brows!

April 30, 2013 at 7:25 am

I LOVE your blog! I found you on Pinterest and have actually turned my mom on to you as well. I love your tutorial for “4 minute makeup” although I still can’t do it that fast lol

My question to you is this: I should found this post “ultimate makeup kit” via your revamp and while I have most of the supplies (from the 4 minute makeup tutorial) I am very interested in the Revlon Cherry Tart. I can’t seem to find it any where. I was hoping you might have an updated lipstick/stain you’d recommend. Just because it seems Revlon, Maybelline, Loreal etc etc are updating their products so often that some of the products recommended are really hard to come by or are no longer sold at Rite Aid, Target, Walmart etc etc (I ran into the same problem while looking for Maybelline Disco Pink for the Angelina Jolie look)

Anyway–do you have another cherry lip stain you’d recommend? Thank you!!!

June 5, 2013 at 8:19 am

I purchased the cherry tart lip butter at target in the last 2 weeks. If you can’t find it locally, maybe Amazon?

July 20, 2013 at 5:08 am

I just purchased it this week at Walgreens. Amazon has it too!

July 25, 2013 at 10:00 pm

This is one of my favorite looks that you’ve done. So lovely.

November 16, 2013 at 11:31 am

Hi Cara!

I have been obsessively looking through so many of your blog posts these past couple days and I went totally Megan Fox last night for a Ball at my medical school (hair and all!) I felt like a total bombshell thanks to all my new HAC skills and awesome hair:)

You showed me how easy it can be to enhance my natural beauty and really shine! You have a new fan!

Also, I am pretty sure nose HACing is going to change my life.

March 11, 2014 at 1:48 am

I adore this look! It is perfectly balanced isn’t it? 🙂 With this look you don’t ever know what you like best. It’s altogether equally beautiful. This look is 100% “Wow, who is that maddeningly beautiful girl?! Impossible to pick apart.” 🙂